Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Do people think if utd win their final 2 league games and the FA cup we'll be saddled with LVG for next season ? Will we go into next season with Pep, Conte, Klopp, Wenger Leicester as defending champions, West Ham going into a new stadium with possibly a better setup than this season and Pochitinni. Hard to believe it could happen but could be on the cards

No

I Think LVG will Quit on Monday 23rd May

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Do people think if utd win their final 2 league games and the FA cup we'll be saddled with LVG for next season ? Will we go into next season with Pep, Conte, Klopp, Wenger Leicester as defending champions, West Ham going into a new stadium with possibly a better setup than this season and Pochitinni. Hard to believe it could happen but could be on the cards

LVG's future should already be decided, this season for United has not been acceptable. Getting Champions League and an FA Cup will be papering over the cracks. Stick with LVG and fighting for a Champions League place will happen again next season. Surely the United board can't be this stupid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Johner wrote: »
    LVG's future should already be decided, this season for United has not been acceptable. Getting Champions League and an FA Cup will be papering over the cracks. Stick with LVG and fighting for a Champions League place will happen again next season. Surely the United board can't be this stupid?

The Investors are already pissed.

If United dont listen to there fans & Investors the the club as a whole is ****ed.
    Ed Woodward forced on the defensive as investors ask how Man United trail Leicester and their tiny budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Johner wrote: »

yeah, but, see they had a plan when the hired him, and sacking him would mean the plan failed and there is now no plan - which would be embarrassing or something - so we should stick to the original plan and be all "We're not a sacking club guys, give us points and prizes for that".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Juan8 wrote: »
    Yeah that's what Barcelona seem to do, probably out of paranoia that if they didn't have ridiculous clauses on their players that Real would just meet it, that's why for example Neymar would probably have like a €250m buy out. I think it is law in Spain though that a player has to have a buy out clause?

Its the law in Spain but only the player can buy out his own contract not another club so basically when we bid for herrera its officially him that pays out His buyout and not the club

Suarez was different with Liverpool he didn't actually have a buy put he had a clause that if a club bid over 40 million then Liverpool had to make him aware of the offer but they didn't have to accept it and I don't think arsenal realised this fully. That's the way I understood it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

jayo26 wrote: »
    Its the law in Spain but only the player can buy out his own contract not another club so basically when we bid for herrera its officially him that pays out His buyout and not the club

Suarez was different with Liverpool he didn't actually have a buy put he had a clause that if a club bid over 40 million then Liverpool had to make him aware of the offer but they didn't have to accept it and I don't think arsenal realised this fully. That's the way I understood it anyway.

It's much too early in silly season for the discussion on how buy-out clauses work. It's usually more of a late July/early August topic.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    It's much too early in silly season for the discussion on how buy-out clauses work. It's usually more of a late July/early August topic.

Ha its better then talked ng about the fuk ups of the club before window even opens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Juan8 wrote: »
    Yeah that's what Barcelona seem to do, probably out of paranoia that if they didn't have ridiculous clauses on their players that Real would just meet it, that's why for example Neymar would probably have like a €250m buy out. I think it is law in Spain though that a player has to have a buy out clause?

In Spain players are technically the leagues assets, and every player has a "buy out clause" in their contract. Spanish FA see prized players as the draw for their league, which is fair enough. More English teams need to start using them.

Here is a really good summary explaining the difference between buyout and release clauses, how they work, and Spain specifically.

http://www.sportskeeda.com/football/buy-out-clauses-how-they-work-spanish-football

Graham Hunter explained it wonderfully on Newstalk around the initial Herrera debacle, and this article is my go to link for people.

Buyout clauses are normally a sticking point, because they have massive tax ramifications, as opposed to a "release clause", where its the two clubs arranging the transaction.

EDIT* First paragraph probably covers the Suarez situation. Its never as simple as offer X to buy player Y. There is specific and individual parameters and triggers that also need to be met. So as a hypothetical, Suarez might have had a 40m release clause, but was only active should the club fail to qualify for the CL, which they didn't. Basically, Suarez clause details were never revealed, so its pure speculation what happened. But you can probably assume his clause has additional triggers, not just a fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

West Ham always give us a game no matter if they are scrapping just above the drop zone or as they are now flying high (well for them). The gap is not very big between us and them talent wise and the table reflects that. We never have a handy game against them ever and I'm just not confident we will walk away with all 3 points tonight... but I really want to be. aghhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Reports LVG vetoed Sanches deal in Feb; has other targets; he's staying lads.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Reports a couple of days ago that we were signing him. I think we can agree that reports mean sweet FA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Julez wrote: »
    Reports a couple of days ago that we were signing him. I think we can agree that reports been sweet FA.

Exactly Julez..
    Anyways a game this evening
    Here's hoping we get a performance

Julez wrote:
    Reports a couple of days ago that we were signing him. I think we can agree that reports been sweet FA.

Hope you're right but I suspect not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The reports that LVG vetoed read like the usual "we didn't get dumped, we dumped her" nonsense PR stories. So LVG sanctioned a massive scouting campaign, looked to have the deal done, and conveniently we dropped out just before Bayern came in? BS. We were second choice. The article is an attempt to make it look like we weren't shunned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

yeah, but, see they had a plan when the hired him, and sacking him would mean the plan failed and there is now no plan - which would be embarrassing or something - so we should stick to the original plan and be all "We're not a sacking club guys, give us points and prizes for that".

The other aspect is that it might make the Glazers less confident of believing Woodward when he says that the next manager is the right choice.

Allowing LvG to stay just puts the problem off for a year & likely ensures that the best candidates won't be available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I see Sanchez is gone to Bayern for an initial 27million, potentially 63million deal. Thiago on his way to City?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Sun has pictures of Fergie, Poch and Poch's assistant manager coming out of a restaurant together, saying they had some sort of meeting.

Did he actually sign that new deal with Spurs? Never saw anything official.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Bangkoks injured Martial starts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

MARTIAL IS BACK!!!!!!

YESSSSS

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I have been thinking the last few days that LVG is staying for another season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Good line up tonight

• xtal191 wrote: »

That's a sexy team

****ing martial get in

Herrera and Schneiderlin in midfield, should be good, but a worry for me defensively against West Ham. The midfield pairing a lot tend to clamour for though so heres hoping.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Time to burst some bubbles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Martial must have got a feed of drugs or Louis is pulling the old last minute switcharoo.

I just started smiling from ear to ear when I seen rashford and martials names

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That right wing for utd has me worried alot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Martial must have got a feed of drugs or Louis is pulling the old last minute switcharoo.

Love an aul switcheroo

Best-gifs-of-the-week-92-25.gif

Somewhere in Munich Pep is screaming at his medical department alright :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Somewhere in Munich Pep is screaming at his medical department alright :)

They sent the drugs to the wrong club. No one knows who City are on the continent

astradave wrote: »
    Love an aul switcheroo

Best-gifs-of-the-week-92-25.gif

I'd switcheroo her

Or some other, better, innuendo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Once again bus is stuck in traffic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Team late again

Incredible to happen again

• Advertisement

What is it with Utd team buses? Farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

You think they would learn the last time they were in London

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is ko delayed? Hope it is as I've too collect daughter at 8 so 8:15 ko be great

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Getting fair sick of listening to Souness and Redknapp

Sky needs to get in some new faces for next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

God that's a joke that the team bus is stuck in traffic again. Absolutely amateurish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

To be fair it's getting bottled by West Ham fans.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is ko delayed? Hope it is as I've too collect daughter at 8 so 8:15 ko be great

No word yet but Utd only arriving now.

I say it again it's farcical.

adox wrote: »
    What is it with Utd team buses? Farcical.

This I agree with, its a load of bollix.

This isn't the first time, would it be wrong to just stay in London the night before the game like?

To be fair it's getting bottled by West Ham fans.

You'd think that would make it go faster not slower!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Lol 8.30 kick off

Souness roles his eyes!

Always a classy bunch the West Ham fans.

It is now an 8.30 kick off according to Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

8:30 wow. Seems a bit much considering team is there now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You can't blame Man United for their fans going ape

This I agree with, its a load of bollix.

This isn't the first time, would it be wrong to just stay in London the night before the game like?

I presumed they did stay in London and have mistimed the trip from the hotel to the ground.

Kick off delayed until 8.30pm.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement