Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Looks like Gaitan is off to Atletico so you can scratch that one off the list.

NOOOOOO!!!! :eek:

Say it ain't so. Woodward you muppett, that's the final straw. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Liam O wrote: »
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Juventus seem to be openly chasing Darmian at the moment, but facing resistance from United who don't want to sell. Given they quoted 150m for Alex Sandro and Pogba, each, they can **** off for all I care.

Meanwhile, Griezmann's agent has seen a chance to increase his client's wage, I guess. "Antoine Griezmann is listening to approaches from multiple clubs & has not made a decision on his future" as per his agent.

Sure the egg boiling classes alone for Darmian are probably expensive enough :p

If Darmian can be used as part exchange for Pogba I could live with it tbh...

Was it Darmian that was the boiled egg requestor - for some reason I had assumed Memphis (probably because he'sa twat)

Antibac wrote: »
    Few reports going around Twitter that if Ibra comes in he will get the number 9 & Martial will take the number 7
    F*ck that - just bought the young lad a new Martial 9 jersey a couple of weeks ago....to make up for the crappy Memphis 7 one I hastely bought him last August - BOTH would be redundant??? Surely thats taking the p1ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

So everything is place,the lovely Hayley is on SSN,the sun is shining

So come on Ed and Mr Mendes confirm the deal and let SSN roll that yellow ticker :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Coat22 wrote: »
    F*ck that - just bought the young lad a new Martial 9 jersey a couple of weeks ago....to make up for the crappy Memphis 7 one I hastely bought him last August - BOTH would be redundant??? Surely thats taking the p1ss.

Whip out the sewing machine and swap the numbers. Seriously though, would they actually swap numbers so soon. Next time just get a blank jersey just to be on the safe side :(

Whip out the sewing machine and swap the numbers. Seriously though, would they actually swap numbers so soon. Next time just get a blank jersey just to be on the safe side :(
    Can't even do that as the Memphis one is the home one and the Martial the black one - with a white number on a black shirt he'd look like a Sligo footballer :)

Doubt there's any truth in it myself - whatever about Memphis, the amount of Martial jersies they've shipped would cause an outcry. Give Zlatan the 16 shirt that Carrick is leaving behind and tell him to be near as good in it as a prior occupant.

Can't even do that as the Memphis one is the home one and the Martial the black one - with a white number on a black shirt he'd look like a Sligo footballer :)

Doubt there's any truth in it myself - whatever about Memphis, the amount of Martial jersies they've shipped would cause an outcry. Give Zlatan the 16 shirt that Carrick is leaving behind and tell him to be near as good in it as a prior occupant.

It's a clever marketing tool though, i'm sure they just want people to fork as as much as possible for the gear and to buy as often as possible.

It's a clever marketing tool though, i'm sure they just want people to fork as as much as possible for the gear and to buy as often as possible.

The 2 new kits being launched for the season will do that - and mugs like me who keep buying them for 8 year olds to grow out of :D

The 2 new kits being launched for the season will do that - and mugs like me who keep buying them for 8 year olds to grow out of :D

Well it's a good sign that he wants new ones when he grows out of the old ones so you know you are doing something right :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

I read recently that Martial was reluctant to even take the 9 shirt, so changing to 7 doesn't sound likely

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Marca:
    http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2016/05/25/574573f4e2704e01548b460a.html

Marca believe Mata is in trouble - doesn't fit what Mourinho wants.
    They believe he will try and sign Pogba.

They also think the following players will be apprehensive with the arrival of Mourinho: Blind, Schweinsteiger, Memphis, Young and Januzaj.

They see Fellaini as a player that Mourinho can work with.

Ibrahimovic:
    "Mourinho is the disciplinarian, everything with him is a mind game, he likes to manipulate.
    "Such tricks were new for me, all the time doing one thing to get another thing, all the time triggering me. I like these games and it worked for me."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

RobertKK wrote: »

They also think the following players will be apprehensive with the arrival of Mourinho: Blind, Schweinsteiger, Memphis, Young and Januzaj.

Good riddance to bad rubbish (Januzai can stay).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

i would think that Jose will give Carrick another year contract, too good a player for us to be releasing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Looks like Gaitan is off to Atletico so you can scratch that one off the list.

Aww.😭

I think his attitude came from his feelings towards the manager. Some people can be professional and ignore the fact they don't like their boss but others let it eat away at them and it rightly or wrongly it does affect their performance. Its an emotional response, and if that is the case and if Mourinho knows how to handle him correctly we could see a very different player.

Van Gaals problem is that he was too inflexible, it was his way or the high way. But I think Jose will be more realistic, he will be tough but he knows how to put an arm around the shoulder as well and give a little leeway in the right places, just as Fergie did plenty of times.

Depay could turn out to be another Ryan Babel but just as with the likes of Darmian and Herrera, I think its worth giving him another shot under different circumstances.

but not one of fergies players had bad attitudes or theres no way they would be in the team, jose will be the very same. you give 100% for the team or you are out the door.

The story of depay turning up to an u21 game in a rolls royce stinks of arrogance when he was told not to

• Advertisement

BREAKING NEWS
    Sources close to Zlatan Ibrahimovic tell Sky Sports News HQ there is no agreement in place for him to move to Manchester United.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Marca:
    http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2016/05/25/574573f4e2704e01548b460a.html

Marca believe Mata is in trouble - doesn't fit what Mourinho wants.
    They believe he will try and sign Pogba.

They see Fellaini as a player that Mourinho can work with.

I don't think there's anything in that that someone on here couldn't have come up with. Herrera might make that list too - not sure Mourinhio will appreciate his lack of strenght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

bangkok wrote: »
    i would think that Jose will give Carrick another year contract, too good a player for us to be releasing

If Schneiderlin starts playing well and Blind moves back to midfield then I'm not so sure we will need Carrick. Keep him perhaps, but I wouldn't expect to see much of him next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

BREAKING NEWS
    Sources close to Zlatan Ibrahimovic tell Sky Sports News HQ there is no agreement in place for him to move to Manchester United.

Replace Zlatan Ibrahimovic with Jose Mourinho and you have last weeks news from Sky... It's on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭thomasj

bangkok wrote:
    BREAKING NEWS Sources close to Zlatan Ibrahimovic tell Sky Sports News HQ there is no agreement in place for him to move to Manchester United.

Give them a chance to get mourinho first .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I don't think there's anything in that that someone on here couldn't have come up with. Herrera might make that list too - not sure Mourinhio will appreciate his lack of strenght

Surely that is something he can work on over the summer. Look at Valencia before he arrived. He was a stick insect compared to following season.

72_valencia_280x390_823460a.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF-0OtgI3WHEfbvL0GDzvCFVXbJgNWXKTcT3g02eW09n5ku1cr

If Schneiderlin starts playing well and Blind moves back to midfield then I'm not so sure we will need Carrick. Keep him perhaps, but I wouldn't expect to see much of him next year.

it was only posted here, yesterday i think, that jose loves older players, if thats true he will love carrick. Still our best midfielder imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Dunno how you can say good riddance to blind and want to keep januzaj. Januzaj has shown nothing to deserve staying whereas blind has proven a very useful squad player ala John o'shea, in that he can play to a decent level in a few positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Was absolutely dreadful this season and needs to be moved on. Great servant but needs to go.

UPDATE:
    Ed Woodward has arrived at Manchester United's offices in London...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

mewe wrote: »
    Dunno how you can say good riddance to blind and want to keep januzaj. Januzaj has shown nothing to deserve staying whereas blind has proven a very useful squad player ala John o'shea, in that he can play to a decent level in a few positions.

Januzaj should be kept as a constant reminder to Rashford of the other way it could go.

sky88 wrote: »
    Was absolutely dreadful this season and needs to be moved on. Great servant but needs to go.

Memphis was dreadful, Carrick was far from that. I think Jose recognises how good he is and how important a player he is and will give him a new contract, maybe wont play as much but will be kept in the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,383 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i reckon the deal with Jose is sorted, and all this image rights stuff is just PR stuff. "No we never had a deal with Jose done when LVG was manager... sure just look at all that image rights stuff we had to work through..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Bangkok starting to sound like balague now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Don't see how Januzaj had done anything more than Blind, for example, to warrant staying. Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,383 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

There are actually very few United players I would look to sell or move on - but I would say them staying would depend on their abilty to be a squad player and fight for more, rather than being first choice.

I can't see Young being sold - to versatile and a consistent performer, imo. Maybe just don't play him as a striker.

Rojo and Jones I would sell, maybe not both (would favour selling Rojo). Can't trust either to play football.

Januzaj I would give one last chance to prove he has a future.

Memphis looked very good for PSV and Holland - generally crap for us though. I would still think he played poorly rather than being a poor player - so he is another I would give a chance to.

Blind offers cover in a number of positions, so a good reason to keep him. He's not a bad player.

I think we need to updated the quality of the first team in a number of positions, but there are a number of players who can still do a job for us as part of a squad - our squad was too small last season.

Bit off topic but fair play to benitez for taking on the newcastle job full-time he could of easily legged it he seems to be after making his demands and they have given him assuranceshe wanted.

...and Jose Mourinho has left his house in London. Is he on his way to sign the deal?

we could have the update we wanted this evening :D

...and Jose Mourinho has left his house in London. Is he on his way to sign the deal?

we could have the update we wanted this evening :D

The bread and milk only last two days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Sell Mata to Juve and give them an extra £40m for Pogba.

Bosh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I would move Januzaj on. I don't think he's even close to United standard. Memphis might have more about him than what we saw this year though.

Sell Mata fellaini to Juve and give them an extra £40m for Pogba.

Bosh.

fyp

Sell Mata to Juve and give them an extra £40m for Pogba.

Bosh.
    fyp

Just no, please no.... I can't handle anymore Fellaini hatred

• Advertisement

So everything is place,the lovely Hayley is on SSN,the sun is shining

So come on Ed and Mr Mendes confirm the deal and let SSN roll that yellow ticker :D

Didnt pay attention after you said,the lovely Hayley! :cool:

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Didnt pay attention after you said,the lovely Hayley! :cool:

105qlw6.gif

Someone mentioned Hayley?????

BREAKING NEWS

Thats what they were saying about Mourinho all along! He's on the way! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Phil Neville is leaving Valencia to pursue his own managerial path.

jayo26 wrote: »
    105qlw6.gif

Post of the day! Cor!

zerks wrote: »
    Phil Neville is leaving Valencia to pursue his own managerial path.

Maybe he will go for the Everton job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

fyp

You just has to didn't you when you were entering my good graces...
    Bangkok starting to sound like balague now.

ballbag you mean

brinty wrote: »
    You just has to didn't you when you were entering my good graces...

ballbag you mean

One thing ill credit bangkok for he dont give sh1ts about good graces :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

How did Blackett get on at Celtic this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

105qlw6.gif

Bloody hell, I watched that for a second thinking that the gif wasn't loading properly, then realised I had been staring at it for a while and the reality sank in that it was intentional...

Give me Natalie Sawyer though. Yum.

Nalz wrote: »
    How did Blackett get on at Celtic this season?

Terrible not many appearance about9 i think

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement