Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

jayo26 wrote: »
    Terrible not many appearance about9 i think

That's fewer than with us the previous season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Bloody hell, I watched that for a second thinking that the gif wasn't loading properly, then realised I had been staring at it for a while and the reality sank in that it was intentional...

Give me Natalie Sawyer though. Yum.

You're barred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

cant believe no one has given Olivia a mention...

olivia-godfrey-wayne.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

bangkok wrote: »

olivia-godfrey-wayne.jpg

Redonkulous sized forehead and a very very weird nostril!!!!

racso1975 wrote: »

sorry about that Brad Pitt :)

olivia-godfrey-wayne.jpg

You're barred too....

shout out to Anna Woolhouse as well..... GIGGITTY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

BREAKING NEWS: JOSE IS BACK HOME FROM SUPERMARKETS AFTER GETTING POT NOODLES AND BREAD

BREAKING NEWS: JOSE IS BACK HOME FROM SUPERMARKETS AFTER GETTING POT NOODLES AND BREAD

we're signing a new noodle partnership with Pot Noodle.....

atta b oi woody....

Well this is getting even more interesting...

Sky sources understand that Chelsea still own the trademark to Jose Mourinho's name on a string of merchandising goods, including glassware, face masks and teddy bears!
    It is understood this is one of the image rights problems still trying to be resolved and it could cost United a large fee - payable to Chelsea - to resolve it.
    The Blues have been contacted by Sky Sports News HQ on this and are declining to comment.

sick

• Advertisement

Well this is getting even more interesting...

Sky sources understand that Chelsea still own the trademark to Jose Mourinho's name on a string of merchandising goods, including glassware, face masks and teddy bears!
    It is understood this is one of the image rights problems still trying to be resolved and it could cost United a large fee - payable to Chelsea - to resolve it.
    The Blues have been contacted by Sky Sports News HQ on this and are declining to comment.

sick

Im sure it happens with every contract and transfer and manager swap 100s times a year its just that no one cares until its jose and united the daily mail are running that story a fewhours thats where sky picked it up. It will be sorted we have woody.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

DrPhilG wrote: »

Give me Natalie Sawyer though. Yum.

Was dating ipswich player Jonathan Douglas from Clones, Co. Monaghan the last i heard.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd put the house on him going to PSG to be honest

The chance to become a legend at 3 massive clubs, what other player has done that? They're guaranteed a CL quarter final/semi in the next couple of years and Ronaldo might be that extra push they need to finally win it.

The timeframes just don't match up for us, and even if they did I think PSG would appeal more to him so he can leave his great legacy at United untouched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

Deal breaker.... Mourinho refusing to drive a chevy.... don't blame him....I'd stick with the Jag too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I'd put the house on him going to PSG to be honest

I'd start looking at alternative accommodation then so ; )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

He eats pot noodles i cant have him be the manager now. Koka noodles is the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

In other news
    utdreport ‏@utdreport 34m34 minutes ago
    Adnan Januzaj is set to change from the Belgium NT to Kosovo NT [dh]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

brinty wrote: »
    we're signing a new noodle partnership with Pot Noodle.....

atta b oi woody....

Ed was way ahead of you on the noodle sponsorship idea

BsqKJrtCcAAVpjQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

ceegee wrote: »
    Ed was way ahead of you on the noodle sponsorship idea

BsqKJrtCcAAVpjQ.jpg

Even has 2 shrimps in middle of photo..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

So the BBC is saying Chelsea own the European trademarks for Jose's name and signature since 2005.

This is causing the delay, how can you own someone like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

wintear wrote: »
    So the BBC is saying Chelsea own the European trademarks for Jose's name and signature since 2005.

This is causing the delay, how can you own someone like that?

so did Madrid need to pay them royalties also while he was there i wonder?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

syngindub wrote: »
    so did Madrid need to pay them royalties also while he was there i wonder?

Possibly. Other side is it may have been a Uk-based thing, so it only affects Jose going to another UK based club.

DiMarizio saying United are ready to offer €40m for Manolas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Possibly. Other side is it may have been a Uk-based thing, so it only affects Jose going to another UK based club.

DiMarizio saying United are ready to offer €40m for Manolas.

Should probably just offer it instead of telling people they are ready to offer it :)

He has been linked with Arsenal and Chelsea too recently off the top of my head

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Rashford's hopes of making the cut for the England squad have increased. In a shocking turn of events that nobody could possibly foresee, Daniel Sturridge is injured.

Rashford's hopes of making the cut for the England squad have increased. In a shocking turn of events that nobody could possibly foresee, Daniel Sturridge is injured.

Im kind hoping he goes now if jose comes in and rashfprd has had a decent tourney it give him a chance to impress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Im kind hoping he goes now if jose comes in and rashfprd has had a decent tourney it give him a chance to impress.

Same here. I think Hodgson would be mad not to bring him. He's been outstanding since he came into the United team.

Same here. I think Hodgson would be mad not to bring him. He's been outstanding since he came into the United team.

Could easily do a michael owen on it and get a couple goals what a story that would be. Ill be watching friday night to see h9w he does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

lol the state of that player!! Very happy for Rashford and I really hope he makes his debut for the first team some time this summer. Would do wonders for his confidence going into next season.

Still very surprised Rashford is in the squad tbh. Jermain Defoe has scored 15 goals in the PL and imo was their saviour in keeping Sunderland up yet he hasn't made it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

What Jose does with Rashford will be interesting.

lol the state of that player!! Very happy for Rashford and I really hope he makes his debut for the first team some time this summer. Would do wonders for his confidence going into next season.

Still very surprised Rashford is in the squad tbh. Jermain Defoe has scored 15 goals in the PL and imo was their saviour in keeping Sunderland up yet he hasn't made it.

He is due to start on friday night if he goes to the eurosim sure he will get a sub appearance if england are looking for a goal.

On performances yeh defoe would be more deserving but id say rashford is mostly ahead of him because he is so young and defor wouldnt be going as first or second choice striker so he prob thought he give youth a chance if he does bring rashford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

I'd sooner not see Zlatan if it meant Rashfords progress would be impeded

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

racso1975 wrote: »

32193655.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,383 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

In my opinion we have to buy a striker - we have been short up front all season. Ibrahimovic would likely be a better option to not impede the development of either Martial or Rashford.

It would be insane to not buy a forward just because of Rashford. the kid is 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Reading this thread, and seeing the female presenters of Sky Sports News mentioned, and hardly a mention of Rachel Wyse, shame on ye, shame on ye,

That aside, hardly surprised to see Marcus Rashford included in the England squad for the Euro's, given the impressive 5 months he's had since he broke into the team, it's a massive chance to impress both José & Roy Hodgson, even though I was against it him being picked for the tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

mewe wrote: »
    Dunno how you can say good riddance to blind and want to keep januzaj. Januzaj has shown nothing to deserve staying whereas blind has proven a very useful squad player ala John o'shea, in that he can play to a decent level in a few positions.

That is exactly how I see Blind myself, This squads John O' Shea :D

Its been pointed out a lot that we need a striker, and it is far better for Rashord, and Martial's development that the striker would be someone like Zlatan, as in an older one not here for the long haul. Gives them plenty of time to develop and get to train with a bonafide superstar of the game also. It would be more of a hinderance if we were to buy a 26-28 year old striker.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

She's been there from the start, left and returned but has always been the queen imo.

Kirsty-Gallacher-Main.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

She's been there from the start, left and returned but has always been the queen imo.

Kirsty-Gallacher-Main.jpg

A Hibs fan too. Only the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Can anyone make a realistic XI for next season without including players that are currently at Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich or PSG?

Also, bear in mind Griezmann is close to renewing his contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Godot. wrote: »
    Can anyone make a realistic XI for next season without including players that are currently at Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich or PSG?

Navas
    Dariman Smalling Jones Rojo
    Carrick Schweinstger
    Mata Rooney Martial
    Rashford

Sorry had throw in 1 Madrid player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

De Gea
    Darmian, Smalling, Stones, Shaw
    Schneiderlin, Pogba, Schweinsteiger
    Rashford, Ibrahimovic, Martial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,872 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yes but it's not very realistic to discount the fact that we probably will end up with a couple of players from those clubs in our starting 11 in adition to new players from elsewhere and that a couple mentioned by Mr Kew above would be moved on so what would the purpose be ? just asking not being smart...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

DDG
    Darmian Smalling Stones Shaw
    Mata Rooney Pogba
    Rashford Ibra Martial

A bit light in the middle but it's probably a realistic enough 11.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

De Gea
    Darmian Smalling Stones Shaw
    Sneiderlin A Gomes
    Mane Rooney Martial
    Zlatan

Looks like Dani Alves is off to Juventus. Surely that means they have given up on Darmian.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Id take Gomes everyday of the week over Pogba

TheTownie wrote: »
    Looks like Dani Alves is off to Juventus. Surely that means they have given up on Darmian.

Seemingly they want mascherano also

De Gea
    Darmian Smalling Blind Shaw
    Fellaini
    Schneiderlin
    Herrera---
    Rashford
    Martial-
    Rooney

Went with all players currently in the first team squad for the lols

Seemingly they want mascherano also

Juve don't hang around do they. Also Gomes reportedly close. Still hoping Utd hijack that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

My realistic team for next season

De Gea

Darmian Stones Smalling Shaw

Mata Rooney Carrick Martial

Rashford Ibra

Dont think we have a hope in getting Matic or Pogba as the press leads us to believe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement