Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Apparently offical announcement is tomorrow. Must be doing announcement/presentation at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

This is clearly Sky trying to look like they got it first after they made a mess of things speculating lvg would stay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Antibac wrote: »
    Apparently offical announcement is tomorrow. Must be doing announcement/presentation at the same time?
    We're unveiling all our new signings too.....

super-excited.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Odds on him making reference to "special club " in his press conference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Norwood is basically the club Photographer.. he was probably doing the pictures of hi. Signing the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

So Jose moving from London and joining the cast of real housewives of Cheshire

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »

Astra, Rio's apparently on holidays???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Boobs at the ready, gents. We're not out of the storm yet.

Looking forward to watching that Lou Macari documentary on MUTV later on

On at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

hopefully this is the start of the proper post Fergie Manchester United.

Is the first day Manchester United return to being a big club? This man guarantees trophies. Let's hope he settles and becomes a Utd legend. If he was impressed by Chelsea, wait until he experiences Old Trafford.

Jim White is a gas man

Shows Jose walking down the street

"There is Jose with some documents under his arm,his Utd documents" :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Every Rose has its thorn :(

Blx4ScUCEAA9KXl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hodgson confirmed there that Rashford will be starting next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Quandary wrote: »

Blx4ScUCEAA9KXl.png

AdiBPrO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Quandary wrote: »

Blx4ScUCEAA9KXl.png

:( Hope he stays.

Every club needs a Mata

• Advertisement

Happening status: it's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

yeah, mata is class act, there is another good season or 2 in him for sure. proper pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Why Quandary. Why would you do that right now??

Surely that's an infraction right there??? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

syngindub wrote: »
    yeah, mata is class act, there is another good season or 2 in him for sure. proper pro

Is the general consensus that Mata is gonna leave?

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

no, we don't have enough players like Mata that can play in the 3 for a 4-2-3-1 set up

Now if Jose brings in a few players maybe Mata might be on the way out but we'll see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,872 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

It all depends exactly who Jose brings in. It's no secret that he didn't fancy him as a player in his Chelsea setup so you would have to wonder why he would have changed his mind. I hope he does stay but I am thinking at best he might be here for another season while Jose reshapes the team but still a chance he could leave either in this window or the next... Hard to know but I doubt he is in the long term thinking of JM going on what happened in the past anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Not happy hes the manager but what you going to do

i guess the only thing to do is hop abroad the positivity train.

choo choo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

syngindub wrote: »
    Not good enough for a title winning side.

And certainly not good enough for a club looking to seriously challenge for the Champions League.

Himself and Herrara need to be shipped back to Spain or anywhere that will have them pronto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mata will be fine, he isn't going anywhere.

Here comes Jose and the #positivitytrain

tumblr_mu24kkCXHm1qd9dz2o1_500.gif

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Astra, Rio's apparently on holidays???

It's obviously an old picture that he is using Brinty :pac:

Rio is such a muppet

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10293151/jose-mourinho-appointed-manchester-united-boss

Sky Sports are saying he signed a contract an hour ago at a London Hotel...

astradave wrote: »
    It's obviously an old picture that he is using Brinty :pac:

Rio is such a muppet

but he's our muppet...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

As reported by ITK: RobertKK last night :p

Must be easy at times being a sports reporter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Strumms wrote: »
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10293151/jose-mourinho-appointed-manchester-united-boss

Sky Sports are saying he signed a contract an hour ago at a London Hotel...

Did you have a good sleep???? :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Next few seasons with José are gonna be interesting, and exciting :D

jayo26 wrote: »
    Did you have a good sleep???? :);)

Quiet I'm trying to sleep !

• **** me, lots to catch up on!

Next step, own the transfer window boom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Looking forward to watching that Lou Macari documentary on MUTV later on

It should be good. I like Lou.

Speaking of MUTV, they have been completely silent this week. Bit of a disgrace really to not even have a single phone-in to allow the fans to have their say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I don't think he has signed the contract yet - because United have not announced it.

I don't think they would be allowed to delay the announcement on him, for Stock Exchange reasons. I don't buy into all the BS spoken about having to delay announcements til the Stock Exchange opens; but I also don't think they can keep it quiet. I believe they can't (within reason) allow time for people buy/sell shares based on such information before it is made public.

sigmundv wrote: »
    It should be good. I like Lou.

Speaking of MUTV, they have been completely silent this week. Bit of a disgrace really to not even have a single phone-in to allow the fans to have their say.

Well the Paddy Crerand show has been mysteriously taken off the air and apparently Paddy is not to be speaking to the press... we don't know if that is permanent or temporary.. He is a funny old codger and I always like his appearances on the pre season tours...

But yes the station has been mostly running replay's of games instead of anything interactive with fans or about the sacking of LVG from what I can see anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Will I get the Train ready?

#CHOOCHOO

Will I get the Train ready?

#CHOOCHOO

Yes,start it up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Strumms wrote:
    Well the Paddy Crerand show has been mysteriously taken off the air and apparently Paddy is not to be speaking to the press... we don't know if that is permanent or temporary.. He is a funny old codger and I always like his appearances on the pre season tours...

Ditto, so I hope he'll appear again! And I think he will; normality will surely ensue when Mourinho has been announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Finallty! I'm absolutely delighted. Finally, a manager worthy of taking over from Fergie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Done Dealio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

With no news on Uniteds website or anything else I dont think he has actually signed. More like he has agreed everything and shook hands and he will put pen to paper in front of a camera at some stage soon to make it official. Probably tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I don't think he has signed the contract yet - because United have not announced it.

I don't think they would be allowed to delay the announcement on him, for Stock Exchange reasons. I don't buy into all the BS spoken about having to delay announcements til the Stock Exchange opens; but I also don't think they can keep it quiet. I believe they can't (within reason) allow time for people buy/sell shares based on such information before it is made public.

They kept lvgs sacking quiet tho didnt they? He would of been sacked earlier and was out of the country by time they announced it. I think it is done and dusted and they will announce it tomorrow for reasons sky say they want it to make as big an impact as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Martial has been playing brilliant from the left. Keep him there. Sign a striker - be able to rotate Rashford out of the side (or Martial) without having to play Ashley Young up front. Or relying on Rooney to remember how to football.

Rashford is 18 years old. his chance conversion stats are insane. He could be awesome, he could be a one season (half season) flash in the pan). To not sign a 34 years old striker so that you can look to play Rashford in 100% of the games next season is just so damned short sighted imo. Its the same mistake that was made last summer, basically.

Front three of, for example, Martial, Ibrahimovic and Greizmann - with Rashford, Memphis and Rooney (who could be played CM, though I'd prefer sold) as options to come in for them.

How about we look to build a squad capable of competing rather than just a first 11, built on hopes and prayers.
    Only seeing this now.

You missed my point. I just don't want Rashford to be second choice. I wouldn't mind as much if we say, got someone like Greizmann but I'm not excited by the prospect of Ibra signing at all. He's too static, on the decline, and doesn't benefit us in the future, unless his name is a draw for other players which I'd be skeptical of. I don't see him being a success & yet he will start ahead of Rashford because of his status. And the whole argument of us being light up front? I agree. Let's buy a world class winger or 2. We have Rashford & Martial to play CF if needs be.

I'll gladly eat my words if he's a success but I don't want Ibrahimovic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement