Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

giphy.gif

Hon ta fúck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

sigmundv wrote: »
    Ditto, so I hope he'll appear again! And I think he will; normality will surely ensue when Mourinho has been announced.

As long he never states someones position is safe again, man's a curse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,872 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

ceegee wrote: »
    As long he never states someones position is safe again, man's a curse!

Twice now :D you can not but laugh.. if Mourinho ever hears him say that about him in the future he will know it's time to order the removal company and update the old CV :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Jose mourinho....BOOOOOOOOOOOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,872 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I think maybe the fact that it might not be announced tonight would be due to the even greater intrusion on Jose and his family. Some press are practically camped outside and seeing as they seem to live in an on street city center terraced house rather then a suburban gated property he or his family would get no sleep or privacy at all this evening if it was to be made official so we will probably whisk him away to Manchester in a private jet in the morning and do it all there and then on United property...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

No posts in over 20 minutes with the evening that's in it!

I assume everyone has vacated the thread to drink the positivity train dry?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

https://twitter.com/JaguarUK/status/735899058523377665

Oops, jag getting one in over chevy :pac:

Jose mourinho just appointed the manager, looks like ibrahimovic is on the way as well and the place has never been quieter, what's going on!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Shock that it seems to be going well?

bangkok wrote: »
    Jose mourinho just appointed the manager, looks like ibrahimovic is on the way as well and the place has never been quieter, what's going on!!!

We are all off google Kate Upton gifs since they can't be posted here :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

We have nothing to complain about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Olly from Redcafe with this gem

woody-dancing278uj8.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He hasn't been announced yet, there is no evidence Zlatan is coming and the rest of the club is probably off on holiday. Even Sky Sports is struggling to fill time, what do you expect from mere mortals in the internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That is amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Yeah it is mad quiet.

Mourinho and possibly Zlatan next year is an amazing turn around in fortune.

Add in a strong centre back, a good midfielder and a fast wide player and we are set for the season.

I have every faith in Mourinho to identify the exact players we need.

What ever happened to Strootman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

GSPfan wrote: »

Currently in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

GSPfan wrote: »

Been out injured an awful lot for past 3 years nearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

ESPN released traffic figures on their US football site and the pages that people visited for the football season just finished.
    In percentages terms of all pages visited, United were easily the most popular.

1. Manchester United 12.0%
    2. US Men's team 8.7%
    3. Liverpool 7.9%
    4. Chelsea 7.9%
    5. Arsenal 7.8%
    6. Barcelona 7.1%
    7. Real Madrid 6.1%
    8. Mexico Men's team 3.9%
    9. Manchester City 2.8%
    10. Tottenham Hotspur 2.7%

----
    In terms of leagues, the most popular:

1. Premier League 26.1%
    2. International 17.8%
    3. Champions League 9.0%
    4. La Liga 7.7%
    5. MLS 6.7%
    6. Bundesliga 2.8%
    7. Serie A 2.0%
    8. Liga MX 1.7%

I think we all saw how popular United were on the US tour two years ago when they played Real Madrid and a very large majority of the 109,000 crowd were in red supporting United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

That's quite telling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Yeah kevin strootman where did he disappear to

Yeah kevin strootman where did he disappear to

Injured his knee again over a year ago but is back in full training now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

On Zalatan, the guy is genetically gifted so the fact he is 34 is not a big problem.

He does not have a bad injury record, he is tall, has a long stride and can cover ground pretty quickly. His skill on the ball is excellent and his desire to win is obvious. Just having him on the pitch creates space for others as he has to be watched closely. No matter what he will bring some fun to United so I hope he signs.

Honestly have no clue who else Jose would have in mind. A defender is needed but I'm not sure is he wants a Vidic or Ferdinand type. In midfield does he want an action man like Kante, a more technical mind like Kroos or a creative player like Cesc?

It should be a fun summer anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Really looking forward to this transfer window

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

I think schweinstegger will be sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Canadel wrote: »
    Not good enough for a title winning side.

And certainly not good enough for a club looking to seriously challenge for the Champions League.

Himself and Herrara need to be shipped back to Spain or anywhere that will have them pronto.

he was best player when they won the champions league. if he has the right team around him he's more then capable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

TheDoc wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this transfer window

hlrvyFg.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Di Marzio saying Ibra has rejected a contract offer from Spurs as he intends to sign for us :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Lord TSC wrote:
    Di Marzio saying Ibra has rejected a contract offer from Spurs as he intends to sign for us

Di Marzio has some great sources. He seems to get a lot of things right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

After the initial excitement, then mulling over the doubts, there's now a lull until we see Jose at Old Trafford; under the Sir Alex Ferguson stand, beside the Munich clock, holding a United scarf in front of the Trinity statue. I now can't wait for him to speak to the world, to tell us this is the job he's always wanted, the job he's pined for while he's been managing other clubs. I want him to tell us he'll be managing the greatest club in the world, that he wants to make us feared and hated again, that every visiting team will be beaten the moment they see the big red letters spelling MANCHESTER UNITED, that they'll be sent home not just beaten but with a pain in their guts every time they even think of a red trident. I want him to tell us there is no ceiling, not in terms of what players we can get or what we can achieve. That he intends to be here for the rest of his career and that we will build a statue to him before he is gone. That our children will laugh and wonder what their parents even worried about during those three years after Alex.

And I want this before Monday, right, Ed?

I've got to wonder how Spurs could ever afford his wages. Dont they have a wage cap on their squad?

The Mourinho effect is magnetic. Couple that with the power of Manchester United and we have finally got the man who should have succeeded Fergie.

sigmundv wrote: »
    Di Marzio has some great sources. He seems to get a lot of things right.

Italian version of balague

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Canadel wrote: »

And certainly not good enough for a club looking to seriously challenge for the Champions League.

Himself and Herrara need to be shipped back to Spain or anywhere that will have them pronto.

mata-champions-league-trophy.jpg

John Giles thinks United are a disgrace.... Wonder what he thinks about Leeds, they probably can't publish that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

John Giles thinks United are a disgrace.... Wonder what he thinks about Leeds, they probably can't publish that

Haha why? What's the crisis now. I suppose managers were better in his day.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

José hasn't even started in the job yet, and no surprise John Giles is out with his 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

A bit off topic, but I came across this video earlier this evening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL3BfXMYpPQ

All Nani's goals at United. Most of them are absolute top quality. He really was quite talented, it was just a shame he wasn't consistant enough. He'd walk into this United team right now. That Depay is frequently likened to Nani is an insult I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Where was this? Off teh ball??

Don't know why they give him airtime to spout the same bollocks week after week. He's painful to listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

A bit off topic, but I came across this video earlier this evening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL3BfXMYpPQ

All Nani's goals at United. Most of them are absolute top quality. He really was quite talented, it was just a shame he wasn't consistant enough. He'd walk into this United team right now. That Depay is frequently likened to Nani is an insult I think.

I've always said Nani was a top player, just inconsistent, how he was sold before Young and Valencia is a joke in itself he has more talent in his baby finger than the both of them

I reckon Mata is gone myself, I like him but if I'm honest apart from De Gea, Smalling, Blind, Shaw, Martial, Rashford, Fosu Mensah and Borthwick Jackson I don't really care who's sold

• Canadel wrote: »

Honest question. Are you a Utd fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Folks I don't know about ye but I'm getting a tremendous kick out of the level of saltiness currently being directed at the club & Jose.

You just know that their collective scrotums all shrivelled when it became evident his arrival was imminent, not that most of them would have the cojones to admit it of course. It really is the worst case scenario for some of them.

He hasn't even officially being unveiled yet, I cannot wait for the season to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Strumms wrote: »
    I think maybe the fact that it might not be announced tonight would be due to the even greater intrusion on Jose and his family. Some press are practically camped outside and seeing as they seem to live in an on street city center terraced house rather then a suburban gated property he or his family would get no sleep or privacy at all this evening if it was to be made official so we will probably whisk him away to Manchester in a private jet in the morning and do it all there and then on United property...

With the way the club has been run in recent times I'd expect a announcement from the club just before the season starts.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Haha why? What's the crisis now. I suppose managers were better in his day.

no honesty of effort !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    With the way the club has been run in recent times I'd expect a announcement from the club just before the season starts.

At midnight on deadline day they'll announce a 100 million deal for Trapattoni.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

At midnight on deadline day they'll announce a 100 million deal for Trapattoni.

So long as he brings Manuela with him its all good....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Folks I don't know about ye but I'm getting a tremendous kick out of the level of saltiness currently being directed at the club & Jose.

You just know that their collective scrotums all shrivelled when it became evident his arrival was imminent, not that most of them would have the cojones to admit it of course. It really is the worst case scenario for some of them.

He hasn't even officially being unveiled yet, I cannot wait for the season to start.

Bruce Wayne: I knew the Mob wouldn’t go down without a fight, but this is different. They’ve crossed a line.

Alfred Pennyworth: You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation they turned to a man they didn’t fully understand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement