Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Man Utd team bus was attacked with bottles and other objects it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Team bus smashed up according to Rooney

Scummy thing to do from the west ham fans but then again its not unexpected from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

astradave wrote: »
    Love an aul switcheroo

Best-gifs-of-the-week-92-25.gif

Predicted it earlier ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Not that it's needed, but further reason to smash them on their last big night at the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Could work in our favour, the fans and players from West Ham will certainly not like the delay more then our players.

They would have been flooded with nervous energy and adrenaline, could have an impact on them, hopefully.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

At least we have Radiohead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Funny how the 2 former Liverpool players completely ignore the what happened the bus, if united fans had done it they would be crucifying them

I would love it if we beat them.

Now that iv said that we will get smashed.

Ill predict a Herrera red card aswell after he smashes noble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lol 8.30 kick off

Souness roles his eyes!

And Sky rush to find something to fill up the time

Hococop wrote: »
    Funny how the 2 former Liverpool players completely ignore the what happened the bus, if united fans had done it they would be crucifying them

I was facepalming myself at their reaction

Embarassing

David sullivan also ignoring it

Small man is giving out

Griezmann ready to snub offers from the PL to remain at Atletico.

Given some West Ham bottle the United team bus, maybe the West Ham players can also bottle the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

RobertKK wrote: »
    Griezmann ready to snub offers from the PL to remain at Atletico.

As balague has said last week....

Also martial back in starting line up....lvg playing mind games during the week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lads what the West Ham fans did was disgusting but Utd have to take some of the blame for being late AGAIN.

You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that the ground and surrounding areas would be jammered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

adox wrote: »
    Lads what the West Ham fans did was disgusting but Utd have to take some of the blame for being late AGAIN.

You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that the ground and surrounding areas would be jammered.

They wouldn't have been late if the West Ham fans hadn't refused to move from the street. Plenty of tweets saying crowd management and Police presence is poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

What complete and utter bollocks. Victim blaming.

Jayop wrote: »
    What complete and utter bollocks. Victim blaming.

Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Ridiculous how some feel it is United's fault for being late!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Nice.

What's the problem with what I said? Your post was nonsense and you blamed United in part for it. That's classic victim blaming.

Shouldn't have been in that alley when you were attacked??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

What a shambles. It's like the football team is an inconvenient afterthought for the Machester United advertising sales and marketing club. This incompetence and complacency is spreading from the top down because the football team isn't a priority for Woodward and the Glazers.

At least Alan smith is siding with us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lol at some blaming Man Utd for being late, you can't plan for fans deciding to attack the team coach and refuse to move out of the way. Disgraceful scenes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We are biased here, but common sense here and it's not Man United fault. More pictures and videos online now.

Most important thing is that Driver, players and management are ok.

• We are biased here, but common sense here and it's not Man United fault. More pictures and videos online now.

Most important thing is that Driver, players and management are ok.

https://twitter.com/SemperFiUnited/status/730104771680571393

Hopefully lvg doesn't go on too big a rant

Ok lads if it does turn out that the coach was 100 yards from the ground and it took an hour to get from there then I wholeheartedly take it all back.

• Advertisement

• Hococop wrote: »

Wa?? A rant about what? The fact that the safety of the players and the actual decent fans are at risk?
    He'd be entitled to a rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So United should've accounted for the bus getting smashed up?
    Hococop wrote: »

On the contrary, I hope he goes mental. "We shall fight them on the beachesh!" kind of mental and then I'll get to laugh at everyone being so embarrassed about it.

• Is this lad ****ing serious??!

Mods may I swap the word lad with clown?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sky are too afraid to ruin there happy go lucky coverage to actually give an update on the wellbeing of fans and players.

Lol this Sullivan guy is a real tool. He clearly hasn't seen any pics or videos.

Don't know why you'd interview a person who hasn't a clue what just happened

Korat wrote: »
    What a shambles. It's like the football team is an inconvenient afterthought for the Machester United advertising sales and marketing club. This incompetence and complacency is spreading from the top down because the football team isn't a priority for Woodward and the Glazers.

So, just so I'm clear.

You are saying that Woodward, and the Glazers, who have achieved what they have in the business world through maximizing their assets and choosing the right things to make a priority at the right time, don't view the football team as a priority?

They don't view the lifeblood of their brand, the centre piece of the business, the only thing that will help them gain advertising sales and market the club (who wants to market an unsuccessful team for ridiculous sums?) as a priority, it is simply an afterthought. They are in fact that dumb, and have luckboxed their way to their positions?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Wa?? A rant about what? The fact that the safety of the players and the actual decent fans are at risk?
    He'd be entitled to a rant

I said a big rant, can't Blane him to be pissed just don't want him going mental,

• jayo26 wrote: »
    Sky are too afraid to ruin there happy go lucky coverage to actually give an update on the wellbeing of fans and players.

A broadcasting embarssment IMO
    The hype spin and now this ignorance

• Advertisement

Some hat by Teddy :D

FFS Redknapp is obsessed with Rooney and where he should play

https://twitter.com/alexshawespn/status/730105911537184769

In all seriousness though, if we somehow manage to be winning by 1 or 2 late in the game, i guarantee crowd trouble and them running onto the pitch.

Anyway im going to get my chinese for kick off, by the time i come back the team bus getting smashed still wont be acknowledged by these clowns

Old Sully would wanna have a quick check of that coach himself :)

Is there any hope that this will put some fire in the belly of the players?

This is without question 100% LVG's fault!!!!! He should be sacked immediately on the spot as fast as possible!!!!! :p

• Advertisement

Hopefully so. It either will or will overwhelm them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

So, just so I'm clear.

You are saying that Woodward, and the Glazers, who have achieved what they have in the business world through maximizing their assets and choosing the right things to make a priority at the right time, don't view the football team as a priority?

They don't view the lifeblood of their brand, the centre piece of the business, the only thing that will help them gain advertising sales and market the club (who wants to market an unsuccessful team for ridiculous sums?) as a priority, it is simply an afterthought. They are in fact that dumb, and have luckboxed their way to their positions?

I'm certain they could quote sales figures for all major revenue streams domestically, regionally and globally by yearly, quarterly and maybe even weekly figures but wouldn't have a f*cking clue what the club's current goal difference is. So yeah I would say the football club is not a priority for them.

ed. If the sales figures were trending like our goal difference over the last 3 years Ed Woodward and the rest of the sales team would have been replaced long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Our squad is completely devoid of character, passion and commitment. I have no confidence in them whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

For all those calling us a shambles for being late and saying it's our fault:

https://twitter.com/TelegraphDucker/status/730110020873027584

United were late because the driver hadnt a clue where boeyln ground was

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement