Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    there might not be a press conference until pre season.. not sure if they have time to fit one in. He is off to portugal Monday, back to old trafford for friendly game 5th june, canadian grand prix and then euros start

Yhh seen that about a thousand times on sky haha. Would they not do one over weekendl?

• Some initial quotes incoming from Jose & Woody

The new Old Trafford boss said: "To become Manchester United manager is a special honour in the game. It is a club known and admired throughout the world. There is a mystique and a romance about it which no other club can match."
    "I have always felt an affinity with Old Trafford; it has hosted some important memories for me in my career and I have always enjoyed a rapport with the United fans. I’m looking forward to being their manager and enjoying their magnificent support in the coming years."

Manchester United's executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said: "Jose is quite simply the best manager in the game today. He has won trophies and inspired players in countries across Europe and, of course, he knows the Premier League very well, having won three titles here.
    "I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome him to Manchester United. His track record of success is ideal to take the club forward."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Sky keep showing that clip of him celebrating at Anfield. Beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yhh seen that about a thousand times on sky haha. Would they not do one over weekendl?

doubt it, he still in london and probably flying out to portugal tomorrow. theres actually no rush, hes our manager now. no doubt players will quickly follow (well maybe after the euros) but i would imagine most deals are near to completion

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Oddly enough, yesterday marked 12 years since Porto beat United in Champions League on their way to their first and only Champions League win.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Sky keep showing that clip of him celebrating at Anfield. Beautiful

Now just picture him doing it in a United jacket :D

doubt it, he still in london and probably flying out to portugal tomorrow. theres actually no rush, hes our manager now. no doubt players will quickly follow (well maybe after the euros) but i would imagine most deals are near to completion

No rush just love to get a buzz out of him handling the press that you wont get from the mutv crew haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Cocks out lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

Whilst not my preferred candidate I offer my Congratulations to Jose on your appointment as manager of truly a great club. Sincerely hope you have a wonderful long successful happy career at the club. If that happens I'm happy too. Time to get behind new manager of mufc.

• Advertisement

latest?cb=20130306110059

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Oddly enough, yesterday marked 12 years since Porto beat United in Champions League on their way to their first and only Champions League win.

It was 12 years to the day that they wont the champs league ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The most exciting summer in a long time coming up, and a big chance to be feared again. U-N-I-T-E-D!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Jayop wrote: »
    Oh man that article is such unadulterated bollocks.

Nail on the head. I'm not a fan of Jose's previous antics, I'm sure very few are, but that article is proof read RTE half time rant spat that smells about as fresh as lambs rear end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

It's no secret that José always wanted the United job. It would be incredible to see him really drive forward now that he has it. Everything is in place for him to have the best period of his career to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Jayop wrote: »
    Oh man that article is such unadulterated bollocks.

The headline is utter bollocks coming from a guy who played for Leeds when Brian Clough lasted only 44 days with them.

The only factual discrepancy I see is the notion that Mourinho styled himself on Fergie. That's just something he's made up to suit his dislike of both men.

Other than that he's spot on. Utd have been a complete shambles since Fergie left, with Woodward being a central figure to general incompetence.

The headline should have been "Van Gaal had to go but there was a right and wrong way to do it." but it probably wouldn't have gotten as many clicks from outraged Utd fans. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Mario Rosenstock must be having a fit right about now! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The talk is that he is heading off to various events over the next few weeks (as said previous here - Soccer Aid, Canadian GP) but after that it will be full steam ahead on United work. I think he doesn't officially start until July 1st, but United/Woodward/Mendes/Mourinho are already working on the 2016/17 season, and will be hard at it well in advance of July 1st.

I know the Euro's generally screw the transfer window up, but i think/hope the comments from Jose a week or so back will be pertinent - scouting isn't required at this stage, the euro's won't change much, the players that are wanted are known. I would like to see United start pre-season with the bulk of the work done, so that we can hit the ground running.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Duncan Castles just became a Man Utd Fan.

Duncan Castles
    @DuncanCastles

Special day for Manchester United. With many more to come. #MUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Duncan Castles just became a Man Utd Fan.

Duncan Castles
    @DuncanCastles

Special day for Manchester United. With many more to come. #MUFC

I can just see poor aul Duncan typing that like this

sony-and-microsoft-ddos-attack-consequences-begin-if-they-had-keyboards-they-did-this-gif-212420.gif?w=444&h=333

• Advertisement

Maybe im just been romantic but i feel jose changes the dynamic of united that we havent had since Fergie left.

I always felt that with moyse and lvg we were chasing and begging the player to come to united even when we were in champs league i definitely felt that in the case of fabregas and bale bids and few others but now it be more like they will want to come to work for the manager at a massive club.

We have already seen a few players say how they want to work with him it feels good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

What was so wrong about the way United handled van Gaal's dismissal? Has it been proven that the leaks came from United? Were they supposed to sack him just before the cup final? He was a very fortunate man to have lasted as long as he did. Any other major club would have sacked him at Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What was so wrong about the way United handled van Gaal's dismissal? Has it been proven that the leaks came from United? Were they supposed to sack him just before the cup final? He was a very fortunate man to have lasted as long as he did. Any other major club would have sacked him at Christmas.

No way on Jose day!

Nothing wrong with it at all united have been dignified and even when announcing jose this morning mutv did a montage of lvg time at the club and thanking him and saying the young players coming threw are his legacy here.

People outside the club are now clutching at straws because lets face it lvg does not guarantee us success but and a big but there is a chance that this could turn into one of the shrewedest moves for a number of years if jose mellows and embraces the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

how dare you slag fellaini.. the man is lethal up front. 1 goal in 18 premier league games #prolific

He's more prolific scoring goals than you are making pertinent points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It will all end in tears, mark my words.

I don't know whose tears, or when, but something, something something

Be interesting to see who the opposition will be on José's first home OR away game, when the new Premier League fixtures are released on June 15th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

At least UTD recognise the Mourinho way and have gone with a three year deal.

1st Year: Rebuild, approx 300m
    2nd Year: Win a title
    3rd Year: Have a fight with, take your pick, then the fcuks off😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Leroy42 wrote: »

Thats the spirit!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Everyone after announcement

2cpcmsm.jpg

Me after the announcement

65324-colbert-clapping-gif-ryps.gif

I really hope this works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

MD1990 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/736126724493213696

#LFC were actually close to a deal for Mane back in 2014, but then manager Brendan Rodgers declined the chance to sign him. #lfc (Echo)

we could have got him for 11m in 2014.:rolleyes:

The Liverpool thread is that way, just follow the tears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I was hoping I'd have some bitterness to enjoy in the Chelsea thread at least. Instead they're being all dignified about it. Feckers. :pac:

ArielAtom wrote: »
    At least UTD recognise the Mourinho way and have gone with a three year deal.

1st Year: Rebuild, approx 300m
    2nd Year: Win a title
    3rd Year: Have a fight with, take your pick, then the fcuks off😂😂😂

YEAR 1. title
    YEAR 2. double
    YEAR 3. treble

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKQioyQDowU

turn the volume up and smile!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Leroy42 wrote: »

Manchester United sealed their first Premier League title in the post Ferguson era, with a 4-0 win over Liverpool at Anfield. The victory was a massive relief for Ed Woodward who has come under fire in recent seasons for his handling of the club, but his appointment of Mourinho in May last year has paid of spectacularly.

The win was all the sweeter with Ibrahimovic scoring his 27th,28th and 29th goals of the season, with the mercurial Swede raising a lot of eyebrows from fans and neutrals at his arrival to United last May on a free transfer from PSG.

The game also saw Player of the Year Memphis Depay grab his 22nd goal of the campaign, and his 17th and 18th assist crowning an incredible resurrection for the Dutch international

200_s.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

now Giggsy, your move !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Option in the contract to stay until 'at least' 2020. Basically a one year extension.

RshMUbP.jpg

Haha the rival fans are even posting stuff in the wrong thread they are so flustered haha. ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

jayo26 wrote: »
    Haha the rival fans are even posting stuff in the wrong thread they are so flustered haha. ;);)

Jose already with the mind games. #Genius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mourinho is at the club he loves most with all the tools he needs to succeed, if he only lasts 3 years it'll be a failure

I hope he builds something great and squashes Pep in the process, he'll go down as a GOAT if he does which must be his aim. There really is no better place for him to be

• Advertisement

Rumours of Barca and Bayern sniffing around Ozil

50 million bid to unsettle Sanchez and annoy Wenger would be a great way for Jose to start

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

:D:D:D

Any chance José would go back to raid Chelsea for Hazard?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sure, he'd be third choice behind Martial and Ronaldo :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

YEAR 1. title
    YEAR 2. double
    YEAR 3. treble

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKQioyQDowU

turn the volume up and smile!!!!!!!!

To many lols there mate,
    You might as well dream here as in bed😂

I wouldn't touch Hazard, it's amazing how he almost single handedly hijacked Chelsea's season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Finally :D

Can't wait for the start of next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

The Daily Express this morning suggests so.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    To many lols there mate,
    You might as well dream here as in bed😂

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

He's more prolific scoring goals than you are making pertinent points.

quote of the week....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement