Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

syngindub wrote: »
    now Giggsy, your move !!

latest?cb=20160306145509

Just saw the official pics and the announcement, finally mutherfukas! Happy Jose Day lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Can definitely see that catching on in the stands at Old Trafford :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Any chance José would go back to raid Chelsea for Hazard?

Wasn't he supposedly the first to down tools for Mourhino?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

2zIPIcN.png

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    2zIPIcN.png

The bad photoshop job (more like paint) is what makes this hilarious :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

bangkok wrote: »
    giphy.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Any chance José would go back to raid Chelsea for Hazard?

Considering Hazard stopped playing for him.... I doubt it.
    Jose is taking a risk going in for any of them Chelsea players bar Willian imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Lord TSC wrote: »
    2zIPIcN.png

This makes it look like Fergie is dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Canadel wrote: »
    Not good enough for a title winning side.

And certainly not good enough for a club looking to seriously challenge for the Champions League.

Himself and Herrara need to be shipped back to Spain or anywhere that will have them pronto.

Oh look another negative post... I'm..... I'm getting memories of the past....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

M!Ck^ wrote: »

i love the first line of that song... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Canadel wrote: »
    Not good enough for a title winning side.

And certainly not good enough for a club looking to seriously challenge for the Champions League.

Himself and Herrara need to be shipped back to Spain or anywhere that will have them pronto.

387062.jpg

Considered the best performer in a CL winning side, which also won the FA Cup. Player of the year the following year too, when they won the Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Apparently Mourinho's daughter posted this photo of his office on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/MourinhoMatilde/status/736114322963869696

I'm not sure what I love more, the jersey on the chair or the self portrait. Legend. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Apparently Mourinho's daughter posted this photo of his office on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/MourinhoMatilde/status/736114322963869696

I'm not sure what I love more, the jersey on the chair or the self portrait. Legend. :cool:

That's his daughter I think :D his son put one up from the other side too

Edit: feck you and your ninja edit

astradave wrote: »
    That's his daughter I think :D his son put one up from the other side too

Edit: feck you and your ninja edit

Don't know what you're talking about. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Of course he has a portrait of himself on the wall. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

387063.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Of course he has a portrait of himself on the wall. :rolleyes:

my name is Jose Mourinho
    I'm manager of Manchester united
    I can do whatever the hell I like....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

"To become Manchester United manager is a special honour in the game," Mourinho said.

"It is a club known and admired throughout the world. There is a mystique and a romance about it which no other club can match.

"I have always felt an affinity with Old Trafford; it has hosted some important memories for me in my career and I have always enjoyed a rapport with the United fans.

"I’m looking forward to being their manager and enjoying their magnificent support in the coming years."

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Woo Hoo ☺

I haven't been this excited as a Utd fan since Lvg was announced as our manager 2 years ago!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

387062.jpg

Considered the best performer in a CL winning side, which also won the FA Cup. Player of the year the following year too, when they won the Europa League.
    Mata has gone back alot since then considering it was 4 years ago. I remember at Valencia he was even better with lots of pace.

The amount of football he played over the years has been incredible & taken a huge toll on him physically.

Especially 2012/13 first playing apart in Euro 2012,Olympics 2012 then playing 64 games for Chelsea the season after. No summer break in years after playing/involved in Confed Cup 09,World Cup 10,u21's 2011,Euro 2012/Olympics 2012,Confed Cup 2013.

Under Mourinho he will obviously have no future at Man Utd.

Jamie Jackson saying Jose's two main targets are Ibra and Willian, and both players want to join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

whatever about Ibra - I can see ZERO chance of getting Willian. I would really like us to sign him, but he has been consistently one of chelseas top performers for years. there is no way they would sell him, not least to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

whatever about Ibra - I can see ZERO chance of getting Willian. I would really like us to sign him, but he has been consistently one of chelseas top performers for years. there is no way they would sell him, not least to us.

Chelsea are looking for a major rebuild as well, they need to get back in CL as much as we do and are starting from a worse position.

No way they will sell their best player last year to a direct rival for one of the CL spots, especially now that the battle for CL spots is much tougher than before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

MD1990 wrote: »
    Mata has gone back alot since then considering it was 4 years ago. I remember at Valencia he was even better with lots of pace.

The amount of football he played over the years has been incredible & taken a huge toll on him physically.

Especially 2012/13 first playing apart in Euro 2012,Olympics 2012 then playing 64 games for Chelsea the season after. No summer break in years after playing/involved in Confed Cup 09,World Cup 10,u21's 2011,Euro 2012/Olympics 2012,Confed Cup 2013.

Under Mourinho he will obviously have no future at Man Utd.

He was playing in team that was playing terrible and defensive slow paced football was never going to play well. doesnt suit his game at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭roosterman71

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

sky88 wrote: »
    He was playing in team that was playing terrible and defensive slow paced football was never going to play well. doesnt suit his game at all.
    He is Spanish ball playing attacking midfielder with no pace. It suits his style more so than Rashford,Martial & Sneiderlein. I get Man Utd fans like Mata because he is a nice guy but I think he his past his best. He is still a good player but way off what he was in his prime.

Time for a clearout (the Mata bit makes me sad)

https://twitter.com/footballdailyuk/status/735792989222670341

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

MD1990 wrote: »
    He is Spanish ball playing attacking midfielder with no pace. It suits his style more so than Rashford,Martial & Sneiderlein. I get Man Utd fans like Mata because he is a nice guy but I think he his past his best. He is still a good player but way off what he was in his prime.

Mata has always thrived with fast pace around him and quick ball passing as it makes up for the fact he has no pace. Theres been pacey players in the team but it hasnt been used effectively much at all.

Is there any sign of an interview with jose on MUTV or will we be waiting unitll July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Rumours of Barca and Bayern sniffing around Ozil

50 million bid to unsettle Sanchez and annoy Wenger would be a great way for Jose to start

50m + £1

• Advertisement

• Thread makes me fappy, let it please continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Thought they be more worried about how many books they be publishing for their terrific Trophy less season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Mata isn't a top player anymore and I think the fact that he pops up with a few goals now and then just papers over the cracks. If getting rid of Mata is necessary for Mourinho to build a title winning, Champions League quality team again than it is a small price to pay. Personally, I don't think Mourinho should be getting rid of anyone before he starts bringing people in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

sky88 wrote: »
    Mata has always thrived with fast pace around him and quick ball passing as it makes up for the fact he has no pace. Theres been pacey players in the team but it hasnt been used effectively much at all.

Yep, Mata might thrive if the rest of the team is set up to make the very best of his talents. If everybody is playing well and doing his work for him he can pop up with some key passes.

Problem is, that isn't good enough, not for the very best teams. We need players that can produce when things aren't going perfectly, that can step up when really needed. Mata is too limited in that regard.

He can stay if he wants, I'd rather have him in the squad than not, but at the same time I wouldn't particularly miss him if he went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Lord TSC wrote: »

So, so weird to see him as our manager. "Our club". Whether or not he's the right man, time will tell, but I'm very excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

I love his wording 'our club' in that interview.

Couldn't be more excited about his appointment, he just has an aura about him that you can't help but be drawn into.

I had huge reservations about him and would have been openly against him a year ago, but in reality there's nobody else that I can see that has his mentality and personality to take the club over in the position it is in.

Happy Jose day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That humour thread post makes me feel all glorious its the effort he went to find all the posts and link them all together its just fantastic i love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Watching the Jose interview like

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Yep, Mata might thrive if the rest of the team is set up to make the very best of his talents. If everybody is playing well and doing his work for him he can pop up with some key passes.

Problem is, that isn't good enough, not for the very best teams. We need players that can produce when things aren't going perfectly, that can step up when really needed. Mata is too limited in that regard.

He can stay if he wants, I'd rather have him in the squad than not, but at the same time I wouldn't particularly miss him if he went.

10 goals and 5 assists this season in a slow team.

As if this day couldn't get any better we have paddy(the manager is safe)crerrand on at half six that willl be a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

PdTlW5e.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jose talking about wanting to win and that he's not saying it just for the soundbite but that he truly believes Manchester United NEED to win is massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    10 goals and 5 assists this season in a slow team.

Mata has a similar scoring record for both Chelsea and United, but he was a much better player and far more effective at Chelsea. I think as pointed out the goals have papered over the cracks for his time at United. He hasn't been a flop or anything just a bit disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Johner wrote: »
    Mata has a similar scoring record for both Chelsea and United, but he was a much better player and far more effective at Chelsea. I think as pointed out the goals have papered over the cracks for his time at United. He hasn't been a flop or anything just a bit disappointing.

Don't agree there. Goals and assists don't paper over cracks they are the hard facts. He has also scored some vital goals, the most recent in the cup final. Definitely would get rid of a few players before him!

Johner wrote: »

The team has been dissapointing if he is still scoring and assisting in a team that has been misfiring imagine what he will do for us if jose finds a way to fit him in the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

This has done so much for the United portion of my morale.

Things I haven't really looked forward to for years - press conferences, preseason friendlies, fixture list announcements, pre and post match interviews, etc. - I now can't wait to see them.

Moyes and LVG really sucked all that enthusiasm of of me. I'm so glad it's back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Don't agree there. Goals and assists don't paper over cracks they are the hard facts. He has also scored some vital goals, the most recent in the cup final. Definitely would get rid of a few players before him!

He's had more poor games than good though, Jose isn't a huge fan either. He'll be looking to replace him in the starting 11 which is probably the correct call for United moving forward. The question is whether Mata will want to be a squad player, I think he'll stay this season but will probably go back to Spain in January or next summer due to limited starting opportunities.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement