Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Swap with James Rodriguez ;)

id rather keep lingard as a number 10 like van gaal was playing him then get James. hes been terrible disappointing since the world cup and joining madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

madcabbage wrote: »
    As if Madrid will want to do business after what happened with the De Gea transfer? Right... :rolleyes:

Money talks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

madcabbage wrote: »
    As if Madrid will want to do business after what happened with the De Gea transfer? Right... :rolleyes:

Of course they do. They will get De Gea eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what an over rated player. Give me Mata any day of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Not Rodriguez but theres defo a lot of talk that he wants Varane from Madrid....

Headshot wrote: »
    what an over rated player. Give me Mata any day of the week

He was fantastic in the world cup but been a dissapointment at Madrid. Not sure if he has been playing in the same position for Madrid as for the national team.

I want us to keep Mata too some people seem to be undervaluing his importance this season. He stood up to the plate in a good few games where others were coasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I think Jose is the man to take Blind and Schneiderlin and make them a formidable pairing in midfield. I'd imagine Rooney will play just in front of them and behind Zlatan, with Martial and Rashford/new RW preferably playing alongside.

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Not Rodriguez but theres defo a lot of talk that he wants Varane from Madrid....

I wouldn't think that Madrid would for one second consider selling him unless it's for an astronomical amount. They aren't exactly flush with centre backs and Pepe is almost mid 30's.

Could see zizou headbutting Perez if he's sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

In fairness to Mata he's rarely been played at 10 and his deficiences were magnified playing on the wing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Do we think Mourinho will try play a more attacking and attractive football or will we be a Chelsea this season? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I think Jose is the man to take Blind and Schneiderlin and make them a formidable pairing in midfield. I'd imagine Rooney will play just in front of them and behind Zlatan, with Martial and Rashford/new RW preferably playing alongside.

I'm excited to see what Mourinho does with our midfield. I can't ever remember a Mourinho team having a weak midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Korat wrote: »
    In fairness to Mata he's rarely been played at 10 and his deficiences were magnified playing on the wing.

Even playing as #10 he hardly played a decent game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm excited to see what Mourinho does with our midfield. I can't ever remember a Mourinho team having a weak midfield.

morgan schneiderlain will be tranformed back to player we signed from southampton. Carrick will still be there and bastian is there. we are lacking a goalscoring midfielder ever since scholes retired, who that will be remains to be seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

TheDoc wrote: »

I just want to see midfielders getting into the box from deep again!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We can do better than Rooney, I find it impossible to fit him into my fantasy United team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

jayo26 wrote:
    As if this day couldn't get any better we have paddy(the manager is safe)crerrand on at half six that willl be a good one.

And for a 90 minute show. Looking forward to hear his thoughts. It is well known that he loves Jose and always wanted him to come to United, so I bet he's over the moon, but hopefully he gets a slight bit of grief over that radio show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

jayo26 wrote: »
    That humour thread post makes me feel all glorious its the effort he went to find all the posts and link them all together its just fantastic i love it.

He would have picked out individual posters from this thread and searched each for Mourinho references. Who the f*ck has the time to be that sad?

An attempt to embarrass others has backfired on him completely there.

He would have picked out individual posters from this thread and searched each for Mourinho references. Who the f*ck has the time to be that sad?

I'm just sad I wasn't quoted in it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Was I?

I'm just sad I wasn't quoted in it :(

I was. I said I'd no grá for Mourinho last year. Then today I said welcome. Hilarious stuff altogether.
    Was I meant to say f*ck off Jose or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I was. I said I'd no grá for Mourinho last year. Then today I said welcome. Hilarious stuff altogether.

Accept it, you're a bad person.

#CaughtOut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's pretty funny all right. I've said many times that I don't like Mourinho and would prefer someone else. But he's the United manager now and I'm a United fan so obviously I want him to succeed and will look to the positives. So yeah, welcome aboard. Go do what you do best and win stuff.

But f*ck me I'm going to be a harsh critic when he starts doing what he does second best; burning the place to the ground. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

I think Schweinstegger and Carrick are finished and will either be subs or moved on, we need an injection of creative quality which is why I asked earlier who is better between Saul Niquez and Andre Gomes. How do they differ?

Jayop wrote: »
    Accept it, you're a bad person.

#CaughtOut

I wanted him after Fergie. I've grown to dislike him over the last few seasons but I'll get behind whoever is in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Posters slagging other posters for searching through old posts is pathetic. You're on a discussion forum, that is how the medium works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I dont find it an embarrasememt what i had said all he needs do was ask me i think i said i wouldnt want mourinho after chelsea sacked him but it wasnt because of his ability it was because of the trouble with the physio and all but at the end of the day now they are not many managers better then him and its a gamble but a gamble worth taking and now he is here im delighted and cant wait for new season.

Conte and pep are gambles too because they have never managed in premierleague but they are also gambles worth taken.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Posters slagging other posters for searching through old posts is pathetic. You're on a discussion forum, that is how the medium works.

No problem with somebody searching through to prove a point or something but coming in here, picking out posters, searching them for differing opinions and posting them up in another thread without context to be laughed at is pathetic. Really pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Wow, you should see the stuff I said about Van Persie when we signed him. I was adamant he was a catastrophic waste of money, he'd be injured for the duration of his contract and would wreck the team spirit.

Thank god there wasn't some crazed Van Persie stalker taking notes ready to shame me when his goals blasted the team to title # 20.

I think you should mentally prepare yourself for the onslaught your new friend will be bringing when Jose leads Utd to title #21. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I think Schweinstegger and Carrick are finished and will either be subs or moved on, we need an injection of creative quality which is why I asked earlier who is better between Saul Niquez and Andre Gomes. How do they differ?

I'm just hoping that Mourinho agrees with me that Schneiderlin and Herrera make an excellent two parts of a three man midfield (Schneiderlin in the middle, Herrera at the tip). We'll never get him this year, but someone like a Kante behind those two would make an incredible trio in my opinion.

Good Christ, I hope we see more of Herrera next season. If we don't, he'll be sold off the year after to someone and look better than anything we have in the position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Much prefer the people that can't be arsed to do that than the people who do it often. Just my opinion\preference.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    I'm just hoping that Mourinho agrees with me that Schneiderlin and Herrera make an excellent two parts of a three man midfield (Schneiderlin in the middle, Herrera at the tip). We'll never get him this year, but someone like a Kante behind those two would make an incredible trio in my opinion.

Good Christ, I hope we see more of Herrera next season. If we don't, he'll be sold off the year after to someone and look better than anything we have in the position.

I think pairing the two with Blind will be excellent. I really like how he reads the game and I think he'll make a great DM. He never was, nor never will he be, a CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think we need to sign at least one more CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Schneiderlin, IMO, cannot play a more advanced role in midfield. He has very little creativity and is not a goal scoring threat.
    I think he will be playing the holding midfield role next season, if he proves good enough.

I think pairing the two with Blind will be excellent. I really like how he reads the game and I think he'll make a great DM. He never was, nor never will he be, a CB.

I could be - I mean he has done OK at CB but not near as well as some have been making out. I really like the thought of Blind being able to be plugged and played in a few roles rather than as a starter to be honest. Not really much against him, he does a great job maximising what he has (something I love to see in a player - see: Lampard for a golden example, Roy Keane also) but I just feel like he doesn't quite have enough to be a certain starter for us, and let's be honest - we need O'Shea/Brown/Fletcher/Park types (those four lads made a MASSIVE contribution to the best spell in the history of the club).

He could work there and I would have no qualms whatsoever about seeing him in the role, but I would kind of like someone a bit more dynamic. Using Kante as an example, that would be 3 midfielders who can each fill any of the 4-3-3 CM roles which gives massive flexibility on the pitch. Add in if all three are good athletes, intelligent and technically strong (all of which Schneiderlin and Herrera are), and I really think we could have a phenomenal midfield.

Wings would still be cack, mind you (Martial notwithstanding)... :p

killwill wrote: »
    Schneiderlin, IMO, cannot play a more advanced role in midfield. He has very little creativity and is not a goal scoring threat.
    I think he will be playing the holding midfield role next season, if he proves good enough.

He played more advanced at Southampton if I recall? I'm not talking about being the 'tip' of the 4-3-3 but the guy in the centre, for a quick-and-lazy analogy think Essien at Chelsea (as opposed to Lampard or Makelele).

Not disagreeing with you but dont think it will happen because it will mean Rooney and Mata will be sold, Mata Yes but cant see Rooney being sold. He's Definitely going to bring in a player with pace for the right wing

He played more advanced at Southampton if I recall? I'm not talking about being the 'tip' of the 4-3-3 but the guy in the centre, for a quick-and-lazy analogy think Essien at Chelsea (as opposed to Lampard or Makelele).

Box to Box

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Nalz wrote: »
    Much prefer the people that can't be arsed to do that than the people who do it often. Just my opinion\preference.

If people posted the way you keep saying you want then this place would be incredibly dull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

:p Says the guy who probably has about 10 accounts on this site lol

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »

Whatever obsessing over me keeps you and your buddies happy... If that's what you lot think then all the better.

Box to Box
    Yeah, along those lines - I think it's the role he is best suited for. When I think 'box to box' though, I think of a highly dynamic, explosive player like a Keane or Essien; Schneiderlin would strike me as having some of that, but also being a slightly more 'considered' player as opposed to an all-action-man which is why I didn't use the term. But in essence yeah, the B2B mid behind Herrera's AM and [someone's] DM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

If people posted the way you keep saying you want then this place would be incredibly dull.

it is incredible dull
    lads take exception to a few oul gifs etc...
    anyways can we not all be happy and joyous
    #happyjoseday mofo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

looks like I was quoted on that humour thread....
    how sad is your man eh.... searching through 5 of my old posts...

• MD1990 wrote: »

9fdbh.gif?w=636

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

totally agree. absolute legend of a player and would power us forward if he played consistently as an attacking midfielder. lets hope mourinho agrees and sees herreras brilliant value to team jose!

• Advertisement

• Hopefully Rashford starts tonight for England and makes an impact. Would be huge considering where he was 6 months ago.

*Edit* At least I think it's tonight..or tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The levels of salt in this thtead is doing wonders for my asthma, long may it continue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hopefully Rashford starts tonight for England and makes an impact. Would be huge considering where he was 6 months ago.

It's tonight alright Mick lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hopefully Rashford starts tonight for England and makes an impact. Would be huge considering where he was 6 months ago.

No, you were correct the first time around, England/Australia is tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

folks wasn't there an article here a few weeks back about Jose and the myths about his style of play etc .
    Anyone remember it or have a link ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement