Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

I just now got to see the interview with Mourinho as United manager. Maybe it's because I'm on the end of a very long day, but the surreal factor is high for me. Jose Mourinho, Manchester United manager. During the interview I found myself thinking 'What reality is this and how did we get here?'. Maybe it was this talk of 'winning' (sp?) he was doing that threw me.

At this moment I have no expectations, no markers, just coming to terms with the reality of Jose managing United. If it goes well, it could be a gold-rush. If it goes bad, well we know what happens when it goes bad. Welcome to Manchester Jose Mourinho. Make them hate us, but in a good way, the old way, the United way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

When do we expect to see the interview with all the press

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Unearthly wrote: »
    I can see him preferring Rooney at number 10 with Ibra/martial up front

Jose isn't Moyes/LVG so will play players in their correct position.

Rodney's role in a Mourinho squad is the biggest question Imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Headshot wrote: »

First official press conference is supposed to be July 7th, but he is doing soccer aid next week, managing the home team at Old Trafford :D so no doubt he has some media obligations there too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I think pairing the two with Blind will be excellent. I really like how he reads the game and I think he'll make a great DM. He never was, nor never will he be, a CB.

Blind was caught out of position badly in the PL in LVG's first season. He just can't get up and down the pitch.

His positioning would have to improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Cant wait for socceraid the atmosphere will be electric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

jayo26 wrote: »
    About 20 mins babe xxxx

Did you just call yourself babe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Cant wait for socceraid the atmosphere will be electric.

About 20 mins babe xxxx

What's happening in 10 minutes?

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Did you just call yourself babe?

Haha **** was texting the missus at same time fuk fuk

Headshot wrote: »

July 7th is the next time he will speak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

"Are you still on the toilet, you'e been there for half an hour, how long more?"

"About 20 minutes babe. xxx"

Thats how that text conversation played out in my head. Its the only plausible scenario. Case closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Recorded the Lou Macari documentary that was on the other night on MUTV, watched it this morning

Very good documentary,comes across as a right sound skin

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

Sometimes, I am ashamed to be a United fan looking at the sycophantic responses to this article

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/mourinho-manchester-uniteds-upgrade-sir-11379126#ICID=sharebar_twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

beno619 wrote: »
    Jose isn't Moyes/LVG so will play players in their correct position.

Rodney's role in a Mourinho squad is the biggest question Imo.

55817739.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

55817739.jpg

Must mean we're keeping Dave.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its still surreal to me that Jose is our manager now. Posted this with the comment "Back to Work".

https://www.instagram.com/p/BF8fMzlIwQ-/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

According to the Independent, Ryan Giggs is "very unhappy" at being offered a demotion as he wants to remain as assistant manager.
    The Independent claims he could leave the club and it would cause criticism for Woodward from fans - deluded fans...

I hope Giggs leaves, he can show us if he is able to swim when allowed out on his own, if good enough he will be back, if not, it saved using United as an experiment.
    It is more likely he sinks rather than swims as we can't associate his assistant manager role as being successful.

I'm hoping Giggs goes. Ridiculous to think he could ever get the job with no managerial experience. Jose is here for 2 years at least with it possibly being a lot longer. Apart from Jose making a complete balls of it, there is no reason he wil ever leave or be sacked. I honestly think Jose will be here by the time the next Euros roll around.

Glad he seems to be getting started in his new job already. I would hope he has his agent doing Woodwards job and approaching players now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I wonder who our most likely signings this summer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its still surreal to me that Jose is our manager now. Posted this with the comment "Back to Work".

Summer with Euro 16 and copa America is the text under the crest if anyone's wondering :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

bangkok wrote: »
    Aston villa getting relegated has really hit you hard. Best of luck in the championship next season

Yet another correct fact thrown out by the football guru bangkok, you clearly know more than the every day man, I for one didnt know Aston Villa were relegated, thank you for having the vision to be able to spread your words of wisdom once again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

The signings will be the first indication of his plans on the pitch. I hope the talk of Matic and Willian is bollocks. I don't fancy us becoming Chelsea 3.0

I think there's a decent squad already there and with a Zlatan here and a Varane there we'll be capable of playing some entertaining football and challenging for trophies. :)

We'll be linked with 90% of the Chelsea team because it's how it works with journalists. Same happened with LVG and Dutch players, and Bayern Munich players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Certainly don't need Matic, Schneiderlin was one of the best holding midfielders in the league when he was at Southampton. I can see him getting back to his best under Jose, who loves a cdm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

GSPfan wrote: »
    I'm hoping Giggs goes. Ridiculous to think he could ever get the job with no managerial experience. Jose is here for 2 years at least with it possibly being a lot longer. Apart from Jose making a complete balls of it, there is no reason he wil ever leave or be sacked. I honestly think Jose will be here by the time the next Euros roll around.

Glad he seems to be getting started in his new job already. I would hope he has his agent doing Woodwards job and approaching players now.

So do I tbh.

I've mentioned it a number of times over the last number of months, I think Jose wants to be in the job long term.

It is his dream job so its not hard to imagine that.

Of course it could all go horribly wrong but if we get onfield success over the next 3 seasons I believe we will see him at the club for years to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I see Griezmann's agent has not ruled out his client leaving Atletico Madrid, saying they are currently listening to offers from other clubs.

Replace Lingard with Griezmann please...plenty of games for Lingard to play.

Can you imagine Griezmann Zlatan Martial as a front 3. Its a completely plausible line up. Although this whole situation stinks of 2 players (Zlatan, Griezmann) negotiating there way to the best deal they can. Linking your player to United is a great way to get more money.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Can you imagine Griezmann Zlatan Martial as a front 3. Its a completely plausible line up. Although this whole situation stinks of 2 players (Zlatan, Griezmann) negotiating there way to the best deal they can. Linking your player to United is a great way to get more money.

Dont know about Griezman but Zlatan is going to get payed where ever he goes. If he wanted money he would just move to China

astonaidan wrote: »
    Dont know about Griezman but Zlatan is going to get payed where ever he goes. If he wanted money he would just move to China

You are discounting the possibility he knows exactly where he wants to go (Not China, Not United) but he wants a higher offer. Using Uniteds interest and known financial power to scare the other clubs into increasing their offers.

Not saying its the truth, but would I be surprised? Absolutely not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

yea and griezmann will play for free :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That mourinho account stinks of united pr.
    It was open at the aprox time he went to sign united contract and only two post are united.

That mourinho account stinks of united pr.
    It was open at the aprox time he went to sign united contract and only two post are united.

of course it is, 100%. United are a massive name, so is Jose, dont be surprised if the next picture is linked to adidas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I can't see Zlatan at Utd next season. It'd feel a bit desperate. Can you imagine a dressing room with him in it. It's just not the Utd way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I can't see Zlatan at Utd next season. It'd feel a bit desperate. Can you imagine a dressing room with him in it. It's just not the Utd way.

Can you elaborate as I don't really know what you mean when you say desperate and not the Utd way?

yea and griezmann will play for free :rolleyes:

Showing your wisdom again :rolleyes:
    Maybe have a quick read again champ what I said, Ill go easy on you this time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I'm so sick of reading about what isn't "the United way". Does anyone know what actually is the United way? As far as I'm concerned, the United way is playing good football, winning league titles, and competing at the business end of the Champions League. I can't see how having the likes of Ibrahimovic and Mourinho at the club would hinder that. I'd much rather that than an LVG managed side with Ashley Young up front getting smashed by Tottenham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The only people who seem to care about the United Way now are opposition fans, apparently they are all experts in determining who has or hasn't class now and who isn't worthy of managing United

Surprisingly Arsenal fans have taken the news a lot worse than Liverpool, understandably though I mean Liverpool are almost 30 years out of the frame Arsenal's insignificance is only relatively new and it must hurt to see a possible GOAT back at United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

What are you talking about? Ibra is one of the hardest working professional athletes out there and has been hailed as a real leader. A lot of these players could learn a thing or two from him. 13 titles in 15 seasons is an outstanding record. The guy is a winner and this team is full of subpar performers. Winners like Mourinho and Ibra can only benefit this club that has become a complete joke the last 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Lord TSC wrote: »

Welcome Jose. I don't want to see any binder under your arm though!!

The only people who seem to care about the United Way now are opposition fans, apparently they are all experts in determining who has or hasn't class now and who isn't worthy of managing United

Surprisingly Arsenal fans have taken the news a lot worse than Liverpool, understandably though I mean Liverpool are almost 30 years out of the frame Arsenal's insignificance is only relatively new and it must hurt to see a possible GOAT back at United.

Haha you clearly havent been on a few of the threads then. Liverpool fans I know and here are dismissing him all over the place. Its loltastic
    What ever Arsenal fans feel, multiply it by 100 for Liverpool fans.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Can you elaborate as I don't really know what you mean when you say desperate and not the Utd way?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd be afraid of his arrival as becoming a bit of a circus. Don't get me wrong, I'd love him at Utd, great player. But is he up to the premiership at his age? It's surely a risk. I'm fearing another Di Maria.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Certainly don't need Matic, Schneiderlin was one of the best holding midfielders in the league when he was at Southampton. I can see him getting back to his best under Jose, who loves a cdm.

Wanyama was the key holding player rather than Schneiderlin. Morgan has not shown much as a holding player so far for United.

Morgan would be very good as part of a three man midfield. Blind with Herrera and Schneiderlin either side would be an example of the Wanyama with Davis and Schneiderlin pick Southampton used.

Showing your wisdom again :rolleyes:
    Maybe have a quick read again champ what I said, Ill go easy on you this time

"dont know about Griezman but Zlatan is going to get payed where ever he goes"

"dont know about Griezman but Zlatan is going to get payed where ever he goes"

Maybe give it one more shot, I know you have it in you, I believe you can make sense of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd be afraid of his arrival as becoming a bit of a circus. Don't get me wrong, I'd love him at Utd, great player. But is he up to the premiership at his age? It's surely a risk. I'm fearing another Di Maria.

When has ibra ever been the pacy forward?

It frustrates me because Di Maria didn't work out, people are reluctant to ever sign a "big name" player again. Di Maria was a bad experience, but it's like having a bad experience with a girl and so you decide never to date anyone again. It sucked, but we get over it and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

adox wrote: »

We don't sign highly talented but sometimes volatile and petulant strikers, especially ones who played a few years in France and like to mess about with the media a bit. It's just not our style, would never work out. They'd probably expect to be called 'The King' or something before you know it.

Billy86 wrote: »
    We don't sign highly talented but sometimes volatile and petulant strikers, especially ones who played a few years in France and like to mess about with the media a bit. It's just not our style, would never work out. They'd probably expect to be called 'The King' or something before you know it.

I think he wants to go by The Legend now :cool:

Billy86 wrote: »

So based on it working once we should keep doing it? Nani?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I think he wants to go by The Legend now :cool:
    That's a relief, because I was worried about our other King. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement