Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Fantastic news!!! Both deserve it - hopefully Jose gives them the opportunities next season, Rashford especially.

Well Done Woodward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

zerks wrote: »
    What I didn't like was the stance of Charlton and a few more on Jose yet they seemed happy enough to recommend Giggs despite his affairs and paying for an abortion when he got his brother's wife pregnant.
    Jose might act the bollix football wise at times but so did Fergie,at least his off field morals don't seem to be in question ala Giggs.

Fergie didn't poke opposition staff in the eye, didn't tell lies that resulted in death threats and retirement; and that is why Charlton doesn't like Mourinho - his football related issues/behaviour.

I don't think people will care too much about Giggs' private life; its only when his behaviour would call the name of Manchester United into question would it matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I don't think people will care too much about Giggs' private life; its only when his behaviour would call the name of Manchester United into question would it matter.

Going by what supporters in Manchester think,you are off the mark there.He really has tarnished his legacy with his off field antics.

Of course,if he became a success as manager of United in the future then the past will be quickly forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

What I didn't like was the stance of Charlton and a few more on Jose yet they seemed happy enough to recommend Giggs despite his affairs and paying for an abortion when he got his brother's wife pregnant.
    Jose might act the bollix football wise at times but so did Fergie,at least his off field morals don't seem to be in question ala Giggs.

thats giggs private life and should remain private. Nothing to do with the football side of things. Theres plenty of stuff that has gone on at Man utd and other clubs that would have never made it into the press.

Charlton was against Mourinho as some of his behaviour managing teams was deplorable

Going by what supporters in Manchester think,you are off the mark there.He really has tarnished his legacy with his off field antics.

Of course,if he became a success as manager of United in the future then the past will be quickly forgotten.

By people I mean those in charge at United that make decisions. Clearly, by keeping him at the club and looking to keep him around again - in some capacity under Mourinho (whether he accepts that or not is another matter), it is proof that United want Giggs the football man to continue at the club and be a part of our success (and hopefully manager). His off field issues have't seen him sacked or let go without some sort of fight.

Also, my own personal opinion is that if Giggs had been part of a successful managerial team, with the team playing good football, people (outside of United) wouldn't be as against Giggs being manager. I think the off-field stuff is used as a handy stick to beat him with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

GSPfan wrote: »
    Good to see them signed up. Cameron must be paranoid about his height. He's outdoing Raheem Sterlings attempt to look taller by growing his hair upwards as high as he can.

He's West Philadelphia born and raised, on the playground is where he spent most of his days...

• Positive news from Jose's perspective. If Utd are willing to get Rashfords contract tied down sounds to me like he's going to continue to get chances in the first team.
    Also makes sense to lock him down before the Euros

talk of United bidding for Reece Oxford - I thought he was a highly rated young midfielder; seemingly he is a defender. (shows how much i know about the kid!). When we have Fosu-Mensah, Williams and Tuanzebe as defenders, I'm wondering where the sense is in signing Oxford. Stocking up? Considered too good a prospect to not try to buy?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Positive news from Jose's perspective. If Utd are willing to get Rashfords contract tied down sounds to me like he's going to continue to get chances in the first team.
    Also makes sense to lock him down before the Euros

I think Rashford has shown himself to be too good a prospect to completely ignore - maybe Jose would not have given him a debut, maybe LVG wouldn't have either if Rooney, Fellaini, Martial and Will Keane weren't all injured, with Memphis being needed on the wing and Wilson on loan.

Rashford has got his debut, and has made an impact, Mourinho will use him, its up to Rashford to continue to improve.

talk of United bidding for Reece Oxford - I thought he was a highly rated young midfielder; seemingly he is a defender. (shows how much i know about the kid!). When we have Fosu-Mensah, Williams and Tuanzebe as defenders, I'm wondering where the sense is in signing Oxford. Stocking up? Considered too good a prospect to not try to buy?

£15 million is being mentioned,saw him for West Ham and he looks a good prospect.In a year or two that fee will double.

We are also linked with Jordan Pickford as a future DDG replacement,I know nothing about him but a bit of digging found that he's rated as a better prospect than Butland so that is high praise.At least it shows planning for the future unlike before when Fergie left behind a team needing a lot of work.

• Advertisement

£15 million is being mentioned,saw him for West Ham and he looks a good prospect.In a year or two that fee will double.

We are also linked with Jordan Pickford as a future DDG replacement,I know nothing about him but a bit of digging found that he's rated as a better prospect than Butland so that is high praise.At least it shows planning for the future unlike before when Fergie left behind a team needing a lot of work.

Sam Johnstone, already at the club, was continually rated as the better keeper between him and Butland through the youth levels.

Apparently there are expected to be a huge amount of signings for the academy this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Anyone thinking giggs wouldn't walk into a job in the Premier League or championship is deluded.

Apparently there are expected to be a huge amount of signings for the academy this summer.

At least that is one thing LVG got right,it needed an overhaul.I was listening to Newstalk the other night and the big Spanish Clubs have dossiers on every young prospect across Europe and beyond,the lads parents wouldn't know as much as what they do.
    To compete with that level of detail,United need to up their game and it seems we are on the right path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Jayop wrote: »
    Anyone thinking giggs wouldn't walk into a job in the Premier League or championship is deluded.

I hope he goes to the Championship into a mid table team this summer.

You would be able to tell quite easily if a team has improved or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Any word of Fosu Mensah getting a new deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Polo_Mint wrote: »

Yep I don't think he needs more years as an assistant. 3 years managing somewhere and when United are then looking for a new manager he would probably be in a better position.

At least that is one thing LVG got right,it needed an overhaul.I was listening to Newstalk the other night and the big Spanish Clubs have dossiers on every young prospect across Europe and beyond,the lads parents wouldn't know as much as what they do.
    To compete with that level of detail,United need to up their game and it seems we are on the right path.

You have anything pointing to LVG being the drive behind youth changes? Iirc he said he'd not look at the youth system first year. Concentrating on first team. Giggs was the youth link in the senior set up.

Polo_Mint wrote: »

Championship or prem so long as it's a good club with a decent owner. Look what happened pool Ole when he went to that rabble in Cardiff. His stock went down badly there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I wonder what's in that bag.

Any chance it's Pogba?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I wonder what's in that bag.

Any chance it's Pogba?
    I would give us about a 1% chance of ever seeing him in a Utd Jersey in a competitive game. But oh my god, do I ever hope I'm wrong on that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »

It is interesting that his first day on the job in Carrington and the two kids signed new deals im not saying they wouldnt of signed anyway but i wonder did jose talk to them before signing.

Although i doubt that rashford is near carrington seen as he is with the national team.

jayo26 wrote: »
    It is interesting that his first day on the job in Carrington and the two kids signed new deals im not saying they wouldnt of signed anyway but i wonder did jose talk to them before signing.

Although i doubt that rashford is near carrington seen as he is with the national team.

they signed the contracts a while back - United were waiting to announce it when it suited them. Had nothing to do with Mourinho being at Carrington today (in terms of the contracts being signed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

they signed the contracts a while back - United were waiting to announce it when it suited them. Had nothing to do with Mourinho being at Carrington today (in terms of the contracts being signed)

Thanks mitch :)

That pic of Mourinho looks like some random punter after coming out of the Megastore, with his mother shouting "gimme a smile".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

DiMarzio saying Berta is staying with Atletico

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/737324352174186497

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Feckin' Woody got the wrong man, that's not Jose Mourinho it's Jeff Rudd! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Good news about the chung lads signing.

#classof2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Short clip on Man Utd Facebook page of Woody welcoming Jose.

Don't get too excited :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Time for the paddy crerand show.

Think there is some Mourihno stuff on it like an interview.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He played in midfield for the senior team (at the start anyway) including the game against Arsenal that made headlines, might explain why you though he was a midfielder.

At his age I am not sure positions are set, in the modern game a Midfielder and Centre Back can have a similar skill set.

Fosu-Mensah could easily end up a CM himself.

Short clip on Man Utd Facebook page of Woody welcoming Jose.

Don't get too excited :pac:

You mean this one.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/737331174599598080

Bit of sarcasm from Bobby

https://vine.co/v/iV6927PBqDK

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

TheTownie wrote: »

Big happy head on Ed :D

• TheTownie wrote: »
    Bit of sarcasm from Bobby

https://vine.co/v/iV6927PBqDK

Why sarcasm!?

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Why sarcasm!?

A joke in reference to the rumoured disapproval Charlton had to appointing Jose (not a recent rumour).

An emoticon might have helped there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Slightly awkward but it could have been worse, at least Jose didn't try gouge his eye out or anything. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Crerand said Carrick got a new deal, which later had to be denied as it has not happened yet.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Crerand said Carrick got a new deal, which later had to be denied as it has not happened yet.

He'll be put out to pasture soon. Made a show of himself too many times recently, even newstalk were taking the piss last week.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Haha what the hell is Bobby saying to him that they had to mute the audio? Weird video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

TheTownie wrote: »

I get chills

"win matches and more congratulations"

that what I expect from my utd manager, hopefully he keeps this up

Haha what the hell is Bobby saying to him that they had to mute the audio? Weird video.

Surprised there wasn't a few star wipes to go along with that weird music.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I still can't quite believe it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Can ed not afford to have the sleeves of his suit jacket tailored properly?

131220034259-big-suit-story-top.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I still can't quite believe it tbh.

I know what you mean man.

Every time I think about it I smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I know what you mean man.

Every time I think about it I smile.

I'm with yiz, watched that whole video with a grin on my face :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I'm still going to need a bit of time to get fully on board. A few early wins and attacking football and I won't be long getting on the Jose train.

In a weird way, it's his questionable character that had me doubting the appointment that is giving me the most fun when I see what the opposition fans are saying :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I don't subscribe to the idea that Jose is the end of days for any young player at the club, in fact I think he might surprise people a little in that regard.

But... I would be surprised to see much of CBJ next season. With Shaw back and Rojo and Blind able to play left back I can't see Jose turning to him too often. He won't be afraid to use kids but he won't use them for the sake of it either, senior players are bound to get precedence.

If they are good enough they will play but that doesn't mean everybody and you know what, I'm happy enough with that. Its great to develop kids but it isn't our reason for existing, the need to win titles is more important than developing every kid we can.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement