Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

GSPfan wrote: »
    It might not be any of their agents directly. Imagine both of the players were told that Jose doesnt see a place for them in the squad. Their agents would straight away be on the phone to whoever they need to contact to start getting options for possible new clubs. If someone who feeds information to Sky hears this then the story is out. There may be a fax or email or whatever to back it up to make them feel confident enough to be so loud and proud about the story. But they wouldnt want to expose it as it might ruin their sources ability to get this information.

I'm purely guessing here but it doesnt seem far fetched to me.

Ya good points, sounds very plausible alright be a shame as I like Blind also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

bangkok wrote: »
    Every squad needs to be refreshed, that means some players must leave if players are to be signed.

Mata is an obvious choice to be sold, mourinho got rid of him at Chelsea so clearly doesn't think there is a place for him in the squad.

Blind he thinks isn't strong enough, I would keep him personally, but mourinho likes big strong players down the middle of defence and blind isn't.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another player leave as well, there will be big changes this summer

How exactly do you know Jose doesn't think blind is strong enough?

Oh no that's right. You haven't a clue what Jose thinks about blind and are talking through your hoop again.

Morgan makes the french squad after an injury Diarra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    How exactly do you know Jose doesn't think blind is strong enough?

Oh no that's right. You haven't a clue what Jose thinks about blind and are talking through your hoop again.

Blind is clearly not strong enough to play centre back, you don't need to be Jose mourinho to see that. He has a great football brain and is a good passer, but he is no vidic, terry or Ferdinand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Morgan makes the french squad after an injury Diarra

Great for his confidence after the season he has had. Delighted for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

GettyImages-535885580.jpg

"Make no mistake Jose, if you blow up in a couple of years like you did at Chelsea I'll be showing you down that road and Benitez will be getting the job" - EW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

GettyImages-535885580.jpg

For some reason I cant stop laughing at Ed

He looks like a splitting image puppet of Ian Hislop.

Have to say, ed Woodward for all the crap he gets has done a fantastic job so far this summer

Have to say, ed Woodward for all the crap he gets has done a fantastic job so far this summer

What has he done exactly? Jose always wanted to manage us. Rashford is sensible and he loves United. He has done fcuk all imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

He is getting paid millions a year.

One of the best managers in world football was available and badly wanted to sign for us.

He'd be hard pressed to fcuk that up tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

bangkok wrote:
    Blind is clearly not strong enough to play centre back, you don't need to be Jose mourinho to see that. He has a great football brain and is a good passer, but he is no vidic, terry or Ferdinand.

Strength isn't a prerequisite for playing CB these days. There are alternative to the Vidic or Terry type. Blind is more in the mould of Ferdinand than either of those two anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

I went back and had a look at the stats regarding my earlier comments that i would be happy to sell Blind. And boy am i wrong. Blind statistically was United's best defender this season. I clearly have a Blind spot when it comes to Danny Blind's son.

So, to those who disagreed with me earlier, i stand corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I agree one hundred % bangkok. Everything has been sorted out nice and swiftly as everyone wanted once we won the FA Cup.

He sent LVG away as a winner.
    Less than a week later, we have one of the worlds best manager signed up.
    Deals sorted in advance for Rashford and C.B Jackson.

That's just the beginning... I expect more news to come out regarding Giggs in the next couple of days, of course some news on transfers but that might have to wait till after the Euros depending on the players and also hopefully some news on current contract situations such as Carrick.

I find it ridiculous how people still find reasons to blame Woodward especially nowadays, like honestly what has he done wrong in the past couple of weeks???

It's funny how people credit him when he sorts out commercial sponsorships but when it comes to sorting out actual club issues such as manager/coach/players he gets minimal credit and somehow somewhere people find reasons to blame him for something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Blind will not be our regular centre back next season, I feel confident in stating that.

But just because Jose doesn't think he is a centre back doesn't mean he is automatically for the chop, I'm sure Jose does recognise the need for full backs and midfielders as well. Blind is a good, versatile experienced pro who gives us plenty of options, why would Jose deem him surplus to requirements after one pre-season day in the job? I'll believe these rumors when I actually see him leave.

I agree one hundred % bangkok. Everything has been sorted out nice and swiftly as everyone wanted once we won the FA Cup.

He sent LVG away as a winner.
    Less than a week later, we have one of the worlds best manager signed up.

And all it cost us was a spot in the Champions league!

Peist2007 wrote: »
    I went back and had a look at the stats regarding my earlier comments that i would be happy to sell Blind. And boy am i wrong. Blind statistically was United's best defender this season. I clearly have a Blind spot when it comes to Danny Blind's son.

So, to those who disagreed with me earlier, i stand corrected.

So you changed your mind due to the few stats sky sports put up brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Amazing how minds change as soon as stats are shown.

Seems appropriate, this whole discussion started from something Sky Sports made up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »

or money if you're Gearbest :)

• Advertisement

The stats where stupid as generally most sky sports are, he was number 1 for most passes, tackles and something else no 2 for interceptions.

Bravo it was basically between himself and smalling because of game time and id say he has played more than smalling this year..

Grrrrrrr sky report Mourihino wants to sell Blind then big the **** outta him also where bigging up Mata too going on about his asist record.

**** stirrers is about the height of them,

And all it cost us was a spot in the Champions league!

????
    Are you saying Woodward cost us a spot in the CL??? Yes he should of got rid of LVG ages ago but I'm talking about what Woodward is doing presently.

Like Jose said himself recently. We need to forget the last 3 years and move on

The stats where stupid as generally most sky sports are, he was number 1 for most passes, tackles and something else no 2 for interceptions.

Bravo it was basically between himself and smalling because of game time and id say he has played more than smalling this year..

Grrrrrrr sky report Mourihino wants to sell Blind then big the **** outta him also where bigging up Mata too going on about his asist record.

**** stirrers is about the height of them,

Really don't care for stats at all..

I hope the rumours of Blind leaving are exactly that rumours, he's a jack of all trades player who can slot in to any position asked of him, granted he's not the greatest, but he'll still do a job, tl;dr - a great squad player..

I'd be sad if Mata leaves, I mean he's a genuinely nice guy, who just loves playing football, don't find those kinda players anymore..

Once the season ends, that's the start of stirring season for Sky Sports News, they gotta keep viewers hooked somehow...

????
    Are you saying Woodward cost us a spot in the CL??? Yes he should of got rid of LVG ages ago but I'm talking about what Woodward is doing presently.

Hey, I've moved on and can't wait for the new season, you're the one that brought up Woodward. But the fact is that everything you listed in your post was just damning Woodward with faint praise. The reasons why have been given before though so I'll leave it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

????

Yeah, that seems a good starting spot for a discussion. Forget all the history that can be used to ain't Woodward in a bad light. Two arguably good weeks is all we should consider and he's aces on that score.

Fecking brilliant.

Mourinho was at a lecture in Lisbon today. Apparently said he won't be buying anyone from Portugal.

When asked about Ibra joining he said my good friends always rave about me.

Also about the Pep rivalry said ''"For? two years Pep and I were in a league where the champion would be either me or him, Real Madrid or Barcelona.

"In a situation like this,? individual fights make sense because they can influence things. [But] in the Premier League, if I focus on him and Manchester City, and he on me and Manchester United, someone else is going to win the league."

• Advertisement

Yeah, that seems a good starting spot for a discussion. Forget all the history that can be used to ain't Woodward in a bad light. Two arguably good weeks is all we should consider and he's aces on that score.

Fecking brilliant.

I never mentioned anywhere that I was judging Woodward's entire performance since he has arrived at the club.

Overall I would agree with most as in he hasnt been great but recently (emphasis on the 'recently' part) he has been fantastic imo and all I'm saying is he deserves credit for what he has done recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The wait for next season to begin is too damn long.

The wait for next season to begin is too damn long.

Only 11 more weeks til it's back, August 13th can't come quick enough..

Congrats to Morgan - that French squad is insane!!!!

https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/737771107919486976

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Only 11 more weeks til it's back, August 13th can't come quick enough..

When you say it like that it doesnt seem like long at all. 11 weeks used to be an eternity when i was a kid. I blink now and weeks go by.

To be honest I'm gonna enjoy the Euros (Going to the Italy game) and then enjoy the Jose transfer madness. Van Gaals rein ruined football for me this last year. Need a break from it to try forget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

He looks like a splitting image puppet of Ian Hislop.

Its funny, there's a guy here on boards that really doesn't like him who reminds me of him a bit looks wise. I won't mention names :)

I reckon he is pointing at the trees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

You have to wonder if Woodward has Manned up this season.

SAF appointed Moyes as Manager.

Im sure Sir Bobby Charlton had a lot of influence in assigning LVG over Mourinho

I think Woodward put the work in to convince everyone Mourinho is the man.

I think we have gone from Prestige to Ruthless and I like it

SAF went from Ruthless to Prestige.

Both Moyes and LVG were prestigious without being Ruthless.

Now we are back to Ruthless which I think will lead to a success story with Woodward & Mourinho

Not sure if I explained it correctly as in my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Moyes was prestigious?

In what universe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Moyes was prestigious?

In what universe?

Scotland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Moyes was prestigious?

In what universe?

Maybe prestigious is the wrong word.

Moyes and LVG were appointed as a more High Class appointments to take instructions from the people behind the seens.

You could say Moyes was SAF puppet.

I think Mourinho & Woodward will do things their own way from now on which will bring United in a new direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Sky (I know, I know) reporting that Daley is 5/4 to go to Barcelona..
    That's just crazy if we'd be willing to turf him out and he becomes a worldie with them...

Daley is currently feeling like this ....
    th?&id=OIP.M5e1b9edf1eb4e7c4c752dc56d0d61b6do2&w=300&h=153&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

brinty wrote: »
    That's just crazy if we'd be willing to turf him out and he becomes a worldie with them...

th?&id=OIP.M5e1b9edf1eb4e7c4c752dc56d0d61b6do2&w=300&h=153&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

It wouldn't surprise me. I really hope he doesn't leave, I don't really think we can afford to sell players unless bringing a rake of players in. Also he has a serious passing range and is so calm on the ball. Selling him and keeping an ageing Carrick would be a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sevilla has released a statement saying they have denied Monchi (their DoF) from walking away from his job. The talk seems to be he was trying to get out and then possibly move to us, but Sevilla want a payment of €5m for him, so denied a termination of his contract.

Arguably could be signing of the summer, what the **** is €5m to United. I'm sure if they want him and he wants to come, it will be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

brinty wrote: »

Busquets isn't getting any younger. And they have Mascherano leaving, and always had problems at CB after Puyol left(and even when he was there tbh)

Blind could plug a few gaps for them, but also could easily become a starter at the base of their midfield. He is an incredibly intelligent player.

If he does get an offer from Barca doubt he will say no. Although can't fathom why we would be looking to offload. Mata is the obvious one that journalists would latch onto, but I can think of about five players that would be gonzo before Blind even comes near the conversation.

Blind will not be our regular centre back next season, I feel confident in stating that.

But just because Jose doesn't think he is a centre back doesn't mean he is automatically for the chop, I'm sure Jose does recognise the need for full backs and midfielders as well. Blind is a good, versatile experienced pro who gives us plenty of options, why would Jose deem him surplus to requirements after one pre-season day in the job? I'll believe these rumors when I actually see him leave.

maybe because Jose has been looking at our team since January and doesnt see a dominant centre back like Godin, Ramos or Terry. Every successful team needs a warrior in centre back, we dont have one of those

• Advertisement

maybe because Jose has been looking at our team since January and doesnt see a dominant centre back like Godin, Ramos or Terry. Every successful team needs a warrior in centre back, we dont have one of those

non sequitur

noun
    a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement

non sequitur

noun
    a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement

Stare-What-GIF.gif?gs=a.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

You were saying?

KH25 wrote: »
    You were saying?

injury prone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

I'm not convinced about this Monchi fella, He's done well for Sevilla getting out of favour players at bargains but what real stars has he found? Dani Alves about 10 years ago and Rakitic, I'd rather the Atletico sporting director

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I think Blind is 100% the type of player José would love. And if he does leave, make no mistake, it will be a huge loss.

Play him at DM especially and I expect to see him shine. I think he's incredibly talented but is mucked around too much covering for others.

Juan8 wrote: »
    I'm not convinced about this Monchi fella, He's done well for Sevilla getting out of favour players at bargains but what real stars has he found? Dani Alves about 10 years ago and Rakitic, I'd rather the Atletico sporting director

did United not say they werent looking for a sporting director? Happy enough to work with Ed, Jose and Mendes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

did United not say they werent looking for a sporting director? Happy enough to work with Ed, Jose and Mendes

That's the line they'll take right up until the moment they hire one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

I'm not sure, I haven't read it anyway, Monchi is linked today all over the papers though with them saying we need to pay €5m to get him

On Daley Blind, I like him, he's a decent squad player and a decent footballer in general, but I'm not going to cry over us selling someone who is at best a squad player,

• Advertisement

i wouldnt sell Blind, very good squad player, but Jose obviously has plans in place if he is selling him. If we signed Varane/Godin for blind, Greizemann for Mata they would be quickly forgotten about

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement