Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

bangkok wrote: »
    was a joke... Benzema released a statement saying he wasnt going to the Euros as it was racially motivated...

As opposed to that court case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Hococop wrote: »
    As opposed to that court case

thats what he saying anyway, french obviously denied it

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12025/10301143/karim-benzema-racism-claims-rejected-by-french-officials

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

When Benzema was at Lyon I was really hoping United would sign him, he looked back then he was going to be very special. He still turned out to be a very good player and wouldn't be a bad signing but he's not the player I thought he would be. Antonine Griezmann is the one to go for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

paulbok wrote: »
    No, he's cup tied

No, his expectations are too high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Any truth to the Sneijder rumours?

:pac:

Yea
    he's bring the following with him
    Khedeira
    Ozil
    Garay
    Gaitan

brinty wrote: »
    Yea
    he's bring the following with him
    Khedeira
    Ozil
    Garay
    Gaitan

and Batistuta as a coach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

stankratz wrote: »
    I don't want Benzema at United, just don't.

6d205134b9145e33708d594e24ca5544.jpg

Watching scholes pl 100, god the crosses Beckham put in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Even though Florentino Pérez remained rather coy recently on whether Real Madrid were still interested, Cadena COPE maintained on Tuesday night the interest is there, and very real.

The radio station reported that even though everyone at the Spanish club is delighted with Keylor Navas, Real Madrid have something of a dilemma to face, because they also really want David De Gea.

If De Gea were to arrive at the Bernabeú, then the Costa Rican goalkeeper would have to leave, as having two stars in that role isn’t a sustainable situation.

COPE state, and this is the best part, that Real Madrid’s preferred scenario would be to buy David De Gea from Manchester United, and then loan him back there for a year.

Like, we admire the thought, but we’d be very surprised if Ed Woodward, José Mourinho and co. would go along with that.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/spanish-radio-makes-strange-claims-about-man-united-transfer-extr

Feck off Perez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

zerks wrote: »

He's so arrogant it's sickening (assuming that's what Real want to do, of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

He's so arrogant it's sickening (assuming that's what Real want to do, of course)

So far we've really only had two pieces of news that have been reported upon.

1) A bit of a nothing story by MEN saying DeGea is happy to stay on at United under Jose and that Mendes being his agent will be a significant element in his decision.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfers-de-gea-11378841

2) Perez has been mouthing about DeGea again saying....

"I am not the one who has to decide," he said to Marca when asked whether Navas' impressive campaign closes the door to De Gea. "I would say it is very difficult to manage two great players in that position," he added.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/real-madrid-transfer-news-florentino-perez-discusses-summer-moves-david-de-gea-paul-pogba-1562939

The article also says that AS recently reported that last summer the keeper and United included a €50m (£38.1m, $55.8m) release clause in his contract to facilitate the move to the Santiago Bernabeu – although it will expire on 15 June.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Florentino Perez can fuck right off, De Gea is staying put..

That unsettling of other team players by Real Madrid is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Anyone watching the French Open tennis?
    Adidas has dressed all their athletes in zebra print, hope they keep it away from United, not a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

The new contract signed last summer, it will be very telling what the conditions of signing were (i.e.. certain fee amount has t be accepted etc.).

Just realised its still a month till the transfer windows opening, so I expect a lot of articles like that, as nothing else can really be reported on until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Florentino Perez can fuck right off, De Gea is staying put..

That unsettling of other team players by Real Madrid is disgusting.

And Utd never do that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Can Real Madrid just f**k off chasing De Gea!!!

They have Keylor Navas who is f*cking insane in goals. It would be a right d**k move from R.Madrid to just kick him out because they prefer De Gea.

Real Madrid reputation as a club is sinking lower and lower I feel. They just seem like they are run by complete d**kheads

and Batistuta as a coach

Batistuta, best finisher ever

Can Real Madrid just f**k off chasing De Gea!!!

They have Keylor Navas who is f*cking insane in goals. It would be a right d**k move from R.Madrid to just kick him out because they prefer De Gea.

Real Madrid reputation as a club is sinking lower and lower I feel. They just seem like they are run by complete d**kheads

They are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thank Christ there's an international tournament this summer. Should kill most transfer stories for a month or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

De Gea would be mad to leave at this stage, Real winning CL or not. Mourinho brings a pretty high chance of success. Always get the feeling De Gea loves the club, and its rare for a goalkeeper to be so coveted at a massive club.

Cultural difference, but I'll never understand players desires to move to that circus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

TheDoc wrote: »
    De Gea would be mad to leave at this stage, Real winning CL or not. Mourinho brings a pretty high chance of success. Always get the feeling De Gea loves the club, and its rare for a goalkeeper to be so coveted at a massive club.

Cultural difference, but I'll never understand players desires to move to that circus

I dont think he will want to leave or even that he wants to leave i have a feeling that madrid left a sour taste last year with the transfer saga he does seem to love united and shows great passion for the club and its been very quiet from his camp from wanting a move perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jayo26 wrote: »
    I dont think he will want to leave or even that he wants to leave i have a feeling that madrid left a sour taste last year with the transfer saga he does seem to love united and shows great passion for the club and its been very quiet from his camp from wanting a move perspective.

CAn't help also think that Mendes further entrenched in the club while might mean signing a few of his clients for outlandish contracts, might also mean keeping the likes of De Gea.

Its such an odd situation I'm really not comfortable. Even a report I read today from Sky, where Burton stated he has indication the club have no desires of a DOF, with Woodward and Mourinho taking lead on transfer dealings supported by Jorge Mendes

That last part...

TheDoc wrote: »
    CAn't help also think that Mendes further entrenched in the club while might mean signing a few of his clients for outlandish contracts, might also mean keeping the likes of De Gea.

Its such an odd situation I'm really not comfortable. Even a report I read today from Sky, where Burton stated he has indication the club have no desires of a DOF, with Woodward and Mourinho taking lead on transfer dealings supported by Jorge Mendes

That last part...

Yes i agree with you and i have to say id be concerned of that too the man could end up with crazy power at the club but the only thing is that the glaziers are business people above anything else i cant see them ignoring something like that if it became obvious or an issue.

Batistuta, best finisher ever

IMO we will never see a better finisher than Cristiano Ronaldo in our life time.

• J. Marston wrote: »
    Thank Christ there's an international tournament this summer. Should kill most transfer stories for a month or so.

At the same time it will set the bull**** into overdrive when the tournaments finished.
    I'd rather Jose got in quick and got some business done before hand but then again he hasn't even got a chance to assess the squad yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭billyhead

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yes i agree with you and i have to say id be concerned of that too the man could end up with crazy power at the club but the only thing is that the glaziers are business people above anything else i cant see them ignoring something like that if it became obvious or an issue.

Isnt Jamie Rodriguez one of Mendez clients:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

I'd love to see a list of all his clients.

enviro wrote: »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GestiFute

Probably more that than now

Diego Costa, Yacine Brahimi, José Mourinho, Alex Line, Luiz Felipe Scolari, Carlos Queiroz, Simão Sabrosa, Anderson, Fábio Coentrão, Pepe, Ángel Di María, Cristiano Ronaldo, Radamel Falcao, Ricardo Carvalho, Nani, Ricardo Quaresma, Burak Yılmaz, João Moutinho, James Rodríguez, David de Gea and Víctor Valdés.

Top cliemts from Wikipedia...

Edit: sorry didnt see ya bangkok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

IMO we will never see a better finisher than Cristiano Ronaldo in our life time.

Benteke
    Coutinho
    Fermented

In that order :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Actually is valdes gone officially or on loan

• Actually is valdes gone officially or on loan

Gonski bud

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

enviro wrote: »

http://www.transfermarkt.com/gestifute/beraterfirma/berater/413

That scamp Bebe is a client :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looks like Giggs is leaving...

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/738079383001436164?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He's been a part of two failed regimes. Don't know why he was even offered a job in the first place.

Giggs should be going for that Leeds job in the Championship, although it looks like Garry Monk is the favourite at the moment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Giggs should be going for that Leeds job in the Championship, although it looks like Garry Monk is the favourite at the moment

Given the history between the two clubs, I'd be very surprised if he did go for it....I would imagine it would get him a lot of flak from hardcore supporters in Manchester.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Given the history between the two clubs, I'd be very surprised if he did go for it....I would imagine it would get him a lot of flak from hardcore supporters in Manchester.

Yeah that is true but the man needs to start looking around. It looks like his time is coming to an end here.

What other clubs are looking for managers at the moment?

Yeah that is true but the man needs to start looking around. It looks like his time is coming to an end here.

What other clubs are looking for managers at the moment?

Everton? We can repay them for Moyes :P

Everton? We can repay them for Moyes :P

I think Everton would be a great fit for him To be honest. They have a quality squad and decent money just depends what the new moneyman is like but if he went there and kept them mid table and a few semi finals sure he be as qualified as moyes ;)

• Advertisement

Leeds!? Are you serious? United and Leeds hate each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Plus Leeds are an example of the type of club he should be doing everything to avoid. Trigger finger owner

• This clip excites me everytime I see it

https://twitter.com/DevilsOfUnited/status/738083909875945473

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

M!Ck^ wrote: »

The goals against City and West Ham in particular make me very excited, they reminded me of Henry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Rumours on Twitter now that we have asked to be kept in the loop regarding mkitaryian (excuse the spelling )situation at Dortmund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Rumours on Twitter now that we have asked to be kept in the loop regarding mkitaryian (excuse the spelling )situation at Dortmund

I would love to sign him, would be fairly gettable too I'd reckon.

He is class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Cotts72 wrote:

That'd rightly p off the scousers if we git him...
    Weren't they mad after him

Seen on Facebook de gea wishing chico a Happy birthday, nice to see them keep in touch, still hate he left bit happy he is getting a constant starting position

Looks like August 3rd will be Rooney's testimonial against Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Looks like August 3rd will be Rooney's testimonial against Everton.

He's actually attending a pie eating contest, it's his tastemonial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Cotts72 wrote: »

How does this go again?

Ask to be kept in the loop
    Monitor the loop
    Consider assigning an executive to analyse the logistics of preparing a bid
    Prepare to prepare a bid
    Prepare a bid
    Make a bid
    Get laughed at for making a stupid bid
    Reassess the preparation of the bid
    Prepare to make another bid
    Make another bid
    Send in the three Spanish lawyers