Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seems like Jose has pulled out of Soccer Airpd to focus on his job as United manager.

Shame. Was looking forward to it, but maybe they realised his first game in the home dugout should be an official game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Seems like Jose has pulled out of Soccer Airpd to focus on his job as United manager.

Shame. Was looking forward to it, but maybe they realised his first game in the home dugout should be an official game.

Ahh noway thats a pity and its hardly going to take up much time its just this weekend. If we dont get neymar in by monday ill be pissed off now.

• Soccer waa? I assume you mean aid?

Definitely for first match should be an official game. On that note when are next seasons fixtures revealed?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ahh noway thats a pity and its hardly going to take up much time its just this weekend. If we dont get neymar in by monday ill be pissed off now.

I'd say its an excuse, because he'd know any press done for it would be dominated by United questions. He still hasn't given an official press conference so I'd imagine it was pull out of the game now so he can skip overshadowing the event.
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Soccer waa? I assume you mean aid?

Definitely for first match should be an official game. On that note when are next seasons fixtures revealed?

Auto-correct -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

At least we are spared the slaggings.
    "LOL, can't even beat One Direction"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

At least we are spared the slaggings.
    "LOL, can't even beat One Direction"

We will get the "Afraid to even play One Direction, LOL"

It has to be to avoid the press because seemingly he is still training the team. Pity its always fun to see him having a laugh and an obligatory trip of a fella running past.

Is there anyone reliable reporting it.. the Sun are saying that he has pulled out and the Mirror is saying his appearance is in doubt.. I can't see anything from anyone else on the matter

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Soccer waa? I assume you mean aid?

June 15th

2 assists by varela, 2 assits by mata 2 assists by valencia and one by Martial no idea why Im pointing that out but there it is :D

Great clip mick cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Casillas started for Spain friendly and Sergio Rico replaced him.

Is Del Bosque mad enough not to start DeGea number 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

bangkok wrote: »
    Leeds!? Are you serious? United and Leeds hate each other

Didn't stop Mark Hughes managing city though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Antibac wrote: »
    Leeds!? Are you serious? United and Leeds hate each other

In fairness Hughes isn't the one club legend Giggs is - can't see him being accepted by Leeds fans or it going down too well with the United fans (if that bothers him)

Its going to be a tricky move for him if he does decide to go. He'll need to go somewhere he has a chance of success but not burn the bridges with United if he wants to some day return to manage the club.

Note this may all be b*ll*x - he may fall flat on his face ala Neville and ruin his chances within 6 months of his first job if he makes a b*lls of it

Ahh totally different city always loved having players and staff after us off top of my head Schmeichel,hargreevez,tevez,law,kid,hughes they seem to like them ;) think we may have had a few too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Casillas started for Spain friendly and Sergio Rico replaced him.

Is Del Bosque mad enough not to start DeGea number 1?

Hopefully he was just giving Dave a rest. Wouldn't be surprised to see Casillas in front of him or for them to at least rotate game by game.

Did Casillas or the other guy let in the goal last night? I think Dave kept a clean sheet the other night?

Ahh totally different city always loved having players and staff after us off top of my head Schmeichel,hargreevez,tevez,law,kid,hughes they seem to like them ;) think we may have had a few too.

They had Law before us (he went after us too) when I think of us getting City players Tony Coton pops into my head!

They had Law before us (he went after us too) when I think of us getting City players Tony Coton pops into my head!

Yehh i know he started there but they still had him after us haha. Yeh coton was a decent servent to us too was goalkeeping coach, actually wasnt giggs there already in their youth teams we took him from their youths or something.

Yehh i know he started there but they still had him after us haha. Yeh coton was a decent servent to us too was goalkeeping coach, actually wasnt giggs there already in their youth teams we took him from their youths or something.

Yeah I think I heard something like that about Giggs. I'm off to Google now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The guy is literally made of foam. I'd say he signed the contract hooked up in a hospital bed somewhere with a pen in his mouth.

The guy is literally made of foam. I'd say he signed the contract hooked up in a hospital bed somewhere with a pen in his mouth.

I was just going to say this. He's currently recovering from a dislocated knee cap according to the article. He can arrange for a seat in the stands beside the seemingly perma -crocked Vincent Kompany. We've plenty of midfielders. I don't think we missed much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I was just going to say this. He's currently recovering from a dislocated knee cap according to the article. He can arrange for a seat in the stands beside the seemingly perma -crocked Vincent Kompany. We've plenty of midfielders. I don't think we missed much.

He's a great player if he could last a season I'd love to see him play for us. If they can keep him alive for long enough could do a great job for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ah sparky had to start somewhere might aswell of been a small club like city or the pool

Ah sparky had to start somewhere might aswell of been a small club like city or the pool

Cringe at you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Sparky burned me with the move to City, was delighted to see him doing well before that, it has taken me a long time to get it out of my system and wish his Stoke team well as long as it doesn't negatively impact ourselves obviously.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I've no time for him. The move to City as well as years of moaning about United have burnt that bridge.

• Anyone rate defender Manolas for Roma?

He's been linked but I don't know much to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Cringe at you...

??

Football365 taking clickbait to even lower levels, blatant lie in the link about the players actually mentioned just to get the click. Ive now unfollowed them and wont be back to the site.

Sign of the times the comments underneath thought it was funny/good :o

Jayop wrote: »
    I've no time for him. The move to City as well as years of moaning about United have burnt that bridge.

Oh come on,he is a United hero! Will never forget his great goals for United and that pass for Whitesides goal in the 1985 FA Cup Final

• Advertisement

Anyone rate defender Manolas for Roma?

He has had a very good season with roma and is a very fast defender thats all i know about him but would probably cost us alot of cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Nothing beats "The goal that inspired the double"

I used to have one of these prints...
    205-2014724134420_540x360.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Manchester United have sold out season tickets for next season following Jose Mourinho's appointment as manager.

Thousands of season ticket holders hesitated on renewing while Louis van Gaal remained in charge, with the midweek April win over Crystal Palace noticeable for the swathes of empty seats, and United put back the renewal date to June 1.

But following Friday's Mourinho announcement, United confirmed supporters had snapped up season tickets for 2016-17 at Old Trafford.

As of mid-April, a source told M.E.N. Sport that season ticket sales were at a record low, mainly due to the antipathy with the tedious football United were playing under Van Gaal.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-fixtures-mourinho-11416747

I was told by people in Manchester that if LVG stayed on,the season tickets would not be renewed by folk who had gone to OT for years and even decades.It's amazing how the mood has changed now he is gone and hope is renewed for the coming season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Speaking of tickets, I know there is a separate thread but a few of us of looking at heading to the community shield, just wonder the price range (cheapest I've seen is £100) and chances of getting tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

The idea that all Hernandez could do is finish chances is pure rubbish. He might not have been Drogba but his all-round game was far, far better than some people want to give him credit for.

For one season it was good, his second last, then in his final year at United he was very poor

stephenl15 wrote: »
    For one season it was good, his second last, then in his final year at United he was very poor

Playing in a long-ball team then a pass,pass,don't create chances team didn't help.He scored again last night for Mexico.

Ruud would have struggled to hit double figures under those regimes,never mind Chicharito.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/738283972669673473

Good man Jose,keeping Dave would be his first transfer win even before we look to sign anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

stephenl15 wrote: »

That he wasn't performing doesn't mean that he couldn't perform.

Having a bad time of it under Van Gaal does not mean that he had no ability other than finishing.

zerks wrote: »
    Manchester United have sold out season tickets for next season following Jose Mourinho's appointment as manager.

Thousands of season ticket holders hesitated on renewing while Louis van Gaal remained in charge, with the midweek April win over Crystal Palace noticeable for the swathes of empty seats, and United put back the renewal date to June 1.

But following Friday's Mourinho announcement, United confirmed supporters had snapped up season tickets for 2016-17 at Old Trafford.

As of mid-April, a source told M.E.N. Sport that season ticket sales were at a record low, mainly due to the antipathy with the tedious football United were playing under Van Gaal.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-fixtures-mourinho-11416747

I was told by people in Manchester that if LVG stayed on,the season tickets would not be renewed by folk who had gone to OT for years and even decades.It's amazing how the mood has changed now he is gone and hope is renewed for the coming season.

Mate of mine left it to Monday to renew - don't think he would have done if VG was still there (I certainly wouldn't have bothered travelling next season to see more of the sh*t I went to see this season)

Burnt him on the exchange rate though - cost him about 120 more renewing on Monday v when the renewal letter came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/738283972669673473

Good man Jose,keeping Dave would be his first transfer win even before we look to sign anyone else.

Good man José indeed, it is crucial De Gea is kept out of the grubby hands of Real Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

yea but they would have been snapped up by people that are on waiting lists to get season tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Anyone rate defender Manolas for Roma?

Didnt Mourinho try sign him for Chelsea last summer but he was too expensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

yea but they would have been snapped up by people that are on waiting lists to get season tickets

The waiting list has always been fictional. The only real waiting list was people waiting to move to a different section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

s.welstead wrote: »
    The waiting list has always been fictional. The only real waiting list was people waiting to move to a different section.

Correct. Anytime Ive been on the waiting list, Ive gotten a call less than 24 hours later offering me tickets. Smoke and mirrors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Correct. Anytime Ive been on the waiting list, Ive gotten a call less than 24 hours later offering me tickets. Smoke and mirrors

Yep. I had a few calls last summer from Man United Sales offering me season tickets

Never really was a waiting list.
    They had to extend the time they were on sale as sales were at a record low,the LVG effect.People pay to be entertained and started voting with their feet.

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/738325533616943104

Looks like Michael Carrick will be staying @ManUtd. One year deal should be concluded in next week or so.

Couple of questions:

- Do United get a bye from the 3rd round of the League Cup because they are in the EL?
    - Do the Friday night games start this season coming?
    - If a team is playing in the EL on a Thursday can they be picked for the Monday night game earlier in the same week?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Would you guys like us to sign Henrikh Mkhitaryan ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement