Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Bruno alves straight red card for launching himself and catching kane in the ear with his foot it was one hell of a wild challenge for a ball.

Crazy challenge..

Kane's corner was worse than Aspas one.. wonder if he will be ridiculed on social media now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    Crazy challenge..

Kane's corner was worse than Aspas one.. wonder if he will be ridiculed on social media now.

Rooney looks sharp. He has looked really good since he came back from his injury.

Rooney looks sharp. He has looked really good since he came back from his injury.

Yeah he has looked decent.. hopefully they give Gomes a run out too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The new home jersey is quality

man-utd-16-17-kit-21.jpg

man-utd-16-17-kit-13.jpg

**** sake.. bring Gomes on and play him left wing.. what a waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not good enough for the very top level, Barca , Real, Bayern, nor any of the top teams weren't interested in him when he left us

By that line of logic though, the same could be said of Rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Mikey Smalling!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Sterling has set up Rashford, Rooney and Smalling for England's last 3 goals.
    Sign him up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Lovely header from Mike.

Shame we didn't get Renato Sanches. Hard to believe he's only 18. He could be be a superstar in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Vatican have approved Jose Mourinho to be the voice actor in a film to mark the 100th anniversary of the apparitions at Fatima in Portugal.

Jose is said to have accepted the role "without reticence or demands".

In the film he will voice Pope Francis in Portuguese, Spanish, English and Italian.

Last year Mourinho told the Telegraph: "I believe totally, clearly, every day I pray, every day I speak with Him. I don't go to the church every day, not even every week. I go when I feel I need to. And when I'm in Portugal, I always go."

Useless fact: Since Fergie retired, all of our managers have been Catholic.

Maybe Jose hopes for some miracle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

RobertKK wrote: »
    The Vatican have approved Jose Mourinho to be the voice actor in a film to mark the 100th anniversary of the apparitions at Fatima in Portugal.

Jose is said to have accepted the role "without reticence or demands".

In the film he will voice Pope Francis in Portuguese, Spanish, English and Italian.

Last year Mourinho told the Telegraph: "I believe totally, clearly, every day I pray, every day I speak with Him. I don't go to the church every day, not even every week. I go when I feel I need to. And when I'm in Portugal, I always go."

Useless fact: Since Fergie retired, all of our managers have been Catholic.

Maybe Jose hopes for some miracle...

You taking the piss willis?

Edit: Actually you're fecking not. Mental lol

Jayop wrote: »
    You taking the piss willis?

Edit: Actually you're fecking not. Mental lol

We can call Jose 'El Papa'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Sky saying that Giggs is leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Discodog wrote: »

Great news.

Hopefully he goes out and proves he can be a Man utd manager instead of waiting for it to be handed to him on a silver platter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Not good enough for the very top level, Barca , Real, Bayern, nor any of the top teams weren't interested in him when he left us

Yeah because not being good enough for those teams is the same as not being good enough for United, or any PL team for that matter, right now.

Maybe Jose will bring him back :p

Discodog wrote: »

Saying he wants to become a manager.

Giggs made the right choice, but it was made for him when Mourinho was appointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Should have mine this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Headshot wrote: »
    Great news.

Hopefully he goes out and proves he can be a Man utd manager instead of waiting for it to be handed to him on a silver platter

Opposite feeling to be honest.
    End of an era. It's now as if any trace of Fergies presence in the club is gone for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Man i have a big grin on my face. (And I'm famous now) I do love late night reading

The Sun claim United have bid £60 million for Pogba, and claim Pogba finds the challenge of making United great again as being 'very appealing'.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7190476/Manchester-United-make-60million-British-transfer-record-bid-for-Paul-Pogba.html
    The Independent go with the links to United but say Real Madrid are favourites after Florentino Perez talked up Pogba.
    Perez said: “I am in love with the best players and Pogba is among them, he’s young, strong and he is already one of the best midfielders out there. I have to admit it, Pogba is exciting, but it is always difficult to negotiate when there is no release clause. “Real Madrid, however, already have great midfielders and it is difficult to improve this team.”
    But the paper says Mourinho may be a lure for Pogba.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/manchester-united/paul-pogba-linked-with-a-775m-move-to-man-utd-34769309.html

Martial is to look for a new contract claims the Sun, who say Martial earns £68,000 a week, and will look to increase it to £100,000 a week.
    They say Rooney earns £300,000 a week and Schweinsteiger is not far behind.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feedtest/nrscottishsport/7190839/Anthony-Martial-wants-100000-a-week-deal-at-Manchester-United-after-instant-impact.html

btw elsewhere it is claimed that Pogba holds a weekly salary asking price of £400,000 a week.

Martial would like Ibrahimovic at United: “If Zlatan comes, it would be really good, he is a great striker and he will bring us his experience.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/rumour-mill-guardiola-gets-transfer-chest-pogba-bid-lodged-psg-eye-coutinho-hammers-want-bacca/news-story/5830a90e9b3c293649fda69387c97a0b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

zerks wrote: »
    Should have mine this weekend.

How did you get it? Is it a replica ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Man i have a big grin on my face. (And I'm famous now) I do love late night reading

What did you do to get famous?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys and gals, please don't fall for the media sh!te. Go and enjoy your weekend. Pogba...as if!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

So we are signing Pogba then.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Thibus

As amazing as signing Pogba would be, I honestly can't see it happening

Its the hope that kills you guy's

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Guys and gals, please don't fall for the media sh!te. Go and enjoy your weekend. Pogba...as if!

:D

9ac61510-ad8e-0133-a052-0e7c926a42af.gif?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

we have this man now....anything is possible

Jose-Mourinho-001.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

bangkok wrote: »
    we have this man now....anything is possible

Jose-Mourinho-001.jpg

27B61EEE00000578-3048563-image-a-35_1429610003850.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And if hope don't kill us, it's our expectations :pac:

FutureGuy wrote: »
    27B61EEE00000578-3048563-image-a-35_1429610003850.jpg

cant see us signing zouma to be fair :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Opposite feeling to be honest.
    End of an era. It's now as if any trace of Fergies presence in the club is gone for some reason.

except for the fact he is at almost every match and clearly weilds some type of power still

except for the fact he is at almost every match and clearly weilds some type of power still

i think he just has xray vision now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

If Pogba is going anywer it's to Barca. Must be the reason Alves and possibly Macherino are going to Juve. Sweetin a deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Is Pogba really that good? Or is it a case of finding your ex hot when you dumped her and she's with a new man.

Is Pogba really that good? Or is it a case of finding your ex hot when you dumped her and she's with a new man.

He is that good. Id safely say no club in the world would not benifit from him in their midfield .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

It's more like watching her turn into a supermodel after you've dumped her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Hes a spoofer! a chancer!

txtR2VK.gif

world class. 23 years of age and already one of the best midfielders in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

BO12rKyCEAENLNT.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

astradave wrote: »

"I've got three more years on my contract with United and the desire to win more titles here."

• Advertisement

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    "I've got three more years on my contract with United and the desire to win more titles here."

I can't see the original tweet, whos it from??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Our ex-youth keeper Ron-Robert Zieler has joined Leicester. Bit of a strange move if Schmeichel isn't moving on considering he's usually close being part of the German national team and was ever-present for Hannover the last 5 seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I can't see the original tweet, hows it from??

Nick Powell.

j/k, De Gea.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I can't see the original tweet, whos it from??

It's MarcaInEnglish. Says that De Gea welcomes Jose cause he is a winner

• astradave wrote: »
    It's MarcaInEnglish. Says that De Gea welcomes Jose cause he is a winner

Delighted, every time De Gea speaks out I can see Perez cry a little inside

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement