Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/738850632740790273

He's a fantastic player but we would be insane to pay that much for him. Thank f**k that didn't happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/738850632740790273

He's a fantastic player but we would be insane to pay that much for him. Thank f**k that didn't happen

Thank f**k we didn't get Muller last year???

Emm.....Right......

We wouldn't be in the europa league now if we had. That's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I think the excitement level will go through the rood for me if and when that Zlatan news is confirmed

Would be a very good bit of business on the face of it by the club

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Highly, highly unusual that Sky would break a story like that before the likes of the Guardian, Telegraph, Times etc.

Any time that I remember they did, it turned out to be wrong. They did this with Benatia for sure and I think Gundogan too over the last couple of years.

Zlatan may well sign for United but I wouldn't be getting my hopes up over a sky 'exclusive' for one second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Thank f**k we didn't get Muller last year???

Emm.....Right......

We wouldn't be in the europa league now if we had. That's for sure.

Oh yes of course. LVG is a god when it comes to getting the best out of players. He would have probably played him ridiculously out of position like everyone else. Sure people said we would win the league and the cups when we brought in Di Maria and Falcao - not the case when you have LVG in the United dugout.

Had we got him last season, he would probably turned out to be the most expensive flop after Di Maria, two players signed by United for record prices in consecutive seasons. Still stand by what I've said - that money could be spent much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Blatter wrote: »
    Highly, highly unusual that Sky would break a story like that before the likes of the Guardian, Telegraph, Times etc.

Any time that I remember they did, it turned out to be wrong. They did this with Benatia for sure and I think Gundogan too over the last couple of years.

Zlatan may well sign for United but I wouldn't be getting my hopes up over a sky 'exclusive' for one second.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/738841778896445440

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

It's not on their app I see, but is in their main web page with the usual 'according to Sky sources' caveat.

I think the excitement level will go through the rood for me if and when that Zlatan news is confirmed

Would be a very good bit of business on the face of it by the club

What I like about it is how much he can teach Martial and Rashford. He's old enough that he'll likely be OK with reducing the amount of games he plays per season in the next few years while Rashford and Martial can hopefully grow into the potential they've shown.
    The sheer amount the young lads can learn from the likes of Rooney, Zlatan, Schweinsteiger and Carrick is immense.

Class signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

astradave wrote: »

Yeah, that's interesting but I'm still not convinced yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, this would solve our RW problem.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3624502/Lionel-Messi-make-shock-Manchester-United-Argentine-forward-seeks-assurances-future-Barcelona.html

Manchester United are exploring the potential of a sensational move to bring Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi to Old Trafford.
    Sportsmail can reveal that United have made two approaches in the last three weeks in an attempt to gauge whether a move for the Argentine might be possible.
    Any move is more likely to be with a view to United returning to the Champions League under Jose Mourinho in 2017-18.

Night, all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Sky seem to have a direct dial into the club these days so I'd say this is almost certainly true.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Hopefully true. As a first signing it shows huge intent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Sky seem to have a direct dial into the club these days so I'd say this is almost certainly true.

Don't forget though they were saying LVG would stay less than a week before sacked

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Usually I'm sceptical about the usual transfer rumours and such but for this I'm a little more convinced it's true.

Well the stories on sky are saying now that the deal will be confirmed before the Euros start so not long to wait, but it makes more sense to me than most of them, he's available and has a great relationship with Mourinho.

If the signing does happen that's some way to kick off the transfer window :P Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I thought Mourinho hated Sky like a year ago? Still, I'd say this transfer is happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I have my doubts about Zlatan -- age, motivation at this stage of his career, ego -- but, yeah, it'd probably be the first time I'd get a jersey with the name on the back for the kids.

"Zlatan", though. Couldn't afford "Ibrahimovic" for the three of them, and the seven-year-old has narrow shoulders.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have my doubts about Zlatan -- age, motivation at this stage of his career, ego -- but, yeah, it'd probably be the first time I'd get a jersey with the name on the back for the kids.

"Zlatan", though. Couldn't afford "Ibrahimovic" for the three of them, and the seven-year-old has narrow shoulders.

Afaik, they don't charge by letter any more.

DiMarizo on the story...

This transfer saga is close to coming to an end, A deal could be struck quite soon. Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Manchester United are prepared to say “yes” to each other. Sky Sports UK speaks of a done deal, with a one year contract for the Swedish superstar. The signing however isn’t imminent just yet: Ibra’s agent Mino Raiola is in Montecarlo for work, on behalf of a Serbian player. There are no scheduled meetings between Ibra’s entourage and Manchester United in the next few hours. Both parties however have been in contact since last week: it is clear that Manchester Unites is Ibra’s priority has he turned down Tottenham already, whilst Milan has not made any concrete advances. The Red Devils already have a deal with Ibrahimovic regarding his wages, whilst they are still negotiating commissions for agent Mino Raiola. United is pressing to have the deal done as soon as possilble, perhaps even before Euro 2016. There are few doubts at the moment, Ibrahimovic and Jose Mourinho are ready to join forces once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Who would have thought 5 years ago we'd have RVP, Falcao, Di Maria, Mata and now Zlatan be at the club at all. Some mental transfers over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

jayo26 wrote: »
    Well that will quieten mitch for a while ;)

3 days max :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Lord TSC wrote: »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3624502/Lionel-Messi-make-shock-Manchester-United-Argentine-forward-seeks-assurances-future-Barcelona.html

Manchester United are exploring the potential of a sensational move to bring Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi to Old Trafford.
    Sportsmail can reveal that United have made two approaches in the last three weeks in an attempt to gauge whether a move for the Argentine might be possible.
    Any move is more likely to be with a view to United returning to the Champions League under Jose Mourinho in 2017-18.

Night, all.

Don't follow much Spanish football, any good? Has he a good cross on him? Our delivery in to the box can be terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Night, all.

I wonder what sort of pay rise Messi will get from Barcelona from that story.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

ShooterSF wrote:
    Don't follow much Spanish football, any good? Has he a good cross on him? Our delivery in to the box can be terrible.

Could he do a job at RB..

brinty wrote: »
    Could he do a job at RB..

Like Valencia's understudy? Maybe he can learn a few things from him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Night, all.
    They should just add in to that story that Barcelona are willing to pay £30 million along with Messi to sign Wayne Rooney!

I remember a few years ago I compiled a list of every story in the rags concerning Blackburn Rovers, who I support, and in the end we were linked with 72 players in one summer transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ZLATAN!!!

Zlatan, Martial, Rashford and Rooney. Between them, they could repopulate the earth with goals following the goal apocalypse. Hopefully Ibra is soon to be ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

nullzero wrote: »
    I wonder what sort of pay rise Messi will get from Barcelona from that story.

Now that he has to pay tax, he'll be looking for one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If Messi ever leaves Barcelona I would be absolutely stunned. And if he does it wont be to play for us. I see him playing into his mid 30's with Barca then either heading home or to some far away land for a pay day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I donno about messi he wouldn't be much upgrade on jessi lingard.

• Advertisement

Messi? Do not want, he will always be stuck in Ronaldos shadow..

• Ah lads....Messi...go way outa that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He will play for Barca, and then go back to his home club. Or else, MLS, or else China, or Dubai, or something....

Not sure where he would fit in at United anyway, not exactly a Mourinho type player is he

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ah lads....Messi...go way outa that

But it could happen his brothers fathers daughters brother is a united fan and been pictured in a jersey years ago with poborski on the back and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

TheTownie wrote: »
    Mourinho has apparently bought a castle in North Wales, one hours drive from Carrington.

1464977657_531978_1464977838_sumario_normal.jpg
    That's for King Zlatan!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    That's for King Zlatan!

A fourth tier German club near a friend of mine has actually offered to make him a king. Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

ShooterSF wrote: »
    A fourth tier German club near a friend of mine has actually offered to make him a king. Seriously.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/german-minnows-make-farcical-yet-8106393

All hail the king

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

ShooterSF wrote: »

Ya I read that! Hence the king tag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Why settle for a king when he can be a god?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

Why settle for a king when he can be a god?!

You leave Eric out of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

jharr100 wrote: »

He said yesterday he wants to stay and win trophies with jose id say he is a stayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

jharr100 wrote: »

Some of the people at AS are asleep on the job, I wonder if on holidays before the Euros and the transfer season really kicks into gear...

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/739010208865882112

Yesterday AS picked up a Zlatan to Atleti story from a parody website... It's only gone and made their newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Marca have done up a team of the best young players at the Euros.
    Martial and Rashford in the team, as is Alli from Spurs and Bellerin from Arsenal.

In Marca's list/team of the most wanted players.

De Gea
    Lichsteiner, Stones, Alaba, Vrsaljko
    Yarmolenko, Kante, Pogba, Hazard
    Morata, Lewandowski

So three of our team made Marca lists, and none going anywhere :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

RobertKK wrote: »
    Marca have done up a team of the best young players at the Euros.
    Martial and Rashford in the team, as is Alli from Spurs and Bellerin from Arsenal.

In Marca's list/team of the most wanted players.

De Gea
    Lichsteiner, Stones, Alaba, Vrsaljko
    Yarmolenko, Kante, Pogba, Hazard
    Morata, Lewandowski

So three of our team made Marca lists, and none going anywhere :)

Young players? Lewandowski is 27 lol.

• Advertisement

That's the most wanted players.. that's different to the young team.. I thought the absence of martial Rashford and alli would make that obvious :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nice reading lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/AlfredoPedulla/status/739045816246112256

Looks like we have put in a bid for Gomes.

zerks wrote: »

Couldnt tell ya i all i see is ali ali ali.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

zerks wrote: »

Is this Gomes guy any good? Who would he replace and what would be bring?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement