Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

CjuOgVrXEAAcVtH.jpg

320FF39900000578-3485602-image-a-53_1457611745483.jpgnAw4w33.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Couldnt tell ya i all i see is ali ali ali.

:pac: you couldn't make out that United prepares a super offer with bonus from that tweet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    :pac: you couldn't make out that United prepares a super offer with bonus from that tweet?

Haha shush astradude

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Is this Gomes guy any good? Who would he replace and what would be bring?

Hes 22 and still a bit raw atm, has two great feet though and can play off either.. he is versatile too, though I wouldn't play him on the left wing like Portugal did against England. He can play CM AM or as an inside forward on either side though he is more comfortable from the left cutting in.

Edit: I must say that Juve were looking to buy him so if we get him I cant see us going for or them selling us Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/AlfredoPedulla/status/739045816246112256

Looks like we have put in a bid for Gomes.

This guy reliable?

Unearthly wrote: »
    This guy reliable?

Yeh zerks is spot on but sometimes he is a few hours late with tweets that could of been discussed earlier in the thread ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ah lads....Messi...go way outa that

Quit stealing my thanks.

Messi. Go away or that.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yeh zerks is spot on but sometimes he is a few hours late with tweets that could of been discussed earlier in the thread ;)

A bit like Howard Nurse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If we sign Messi, I'll, I'll, I'll, I'll do something crazy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Damn, it looks like we are going to sign Gomes so Barcelona can sign Pogba and we will have to buy Messi so Barcelona can afford him :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

That's the most wanted players.. that's different to the young team.. I thought the absence of martial Rashford and alli would make that obvious :D
    Nalz wrote: »
    Nice reading lol

Oops one too many drinks last night, still wonky eyed apologies for that assertion.

Oops one too many drinks last night, still wonky eyed apologies for that assertion.

BB-S3-Bob-Odenkirk-325.jpg

Bump :)

https://twitter.com/carrusel/status/739121302032814081

"Bailly could be the first signing for United from Mourinho. Very advanced talks, would be very close to the signing."

https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/status/739125563688898560

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

"Bailly could be the first signing for United from Mourinho. Very advanced talks, would be very close to the signing."

Obligatory Youtube video. €40M is the figure being touted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

That's a feckin lovely highlight reel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

oh wow.

I hope this is true. When ever I watched Villarreal, he was really impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Looks like a tank but he dives in a fair bit

• Advertisement

Quick and strong can play sounds like a jose signing always a little sigh with African players and the cup in Jan but I'll take it if he turns out very good

Quick and strong can play sounds like a jose signing always a little sigh with African players and the cup in Jan but I'll take it if he turns out very good

If you lost the player mid-season once every four years it would be fair enough but every two years is just a nuisance.

Graham Hunter's opinion
    Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham 11m11 minutes ago
    If #United sign Eric Bailly they're getting a powerful quick competitive CB who's raw but stood out 1st game I saw him for Espanyol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A young, raw centre back. Another Phil Jones then?

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

J. Marston wrote: »

No thanks.

If it's a Phil Jones replacement without the injuries be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

J. Marston wrote: »

No thanks.

Every young raw centre back isn't Phil Jones and Phil Jones isn't a bad player, he's just made of glass.

Bizarre writing off a player before you've ever seen him play.

Schweinsteiger on for the last 22mins of Germany vs Hungary.

• Advertisement

Lets hope Bailly's shoulder injuries are behind him.

AS
    Bailly arrived at Villarreal over 18 months ago following a move from Espanyol. The “yellow submarine” paid 5,2 million euro for his services with Espanyol retaining a stake in the player. Bailly has convinced at Villarreal with his strong dynamic physical style of play but has been prone to lapses of concentration and has been plagued with a series of shoulder injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

That's a feckin lovely highlight reel

I preferred the Manolas one but a the end of the day im happy that we could sign an actual centre back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Apparently the fee is £19m with £11.75m add ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Some info on Twitter saying Baillys club have confirmed on local radio he's on the way to UTD

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jaysus, what's this? We are getting transfers done early? :o

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

The Mou-effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Don't do it to yourself, picture of player in jersey, that's when to get excited.

Good signs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Jose has probably known for a good few months he'll be our new boss, in that time he would have analised our squad and walked in the door with a list of the palyers he wants

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Antibac wrote: »
    Some info on Twitter saying Baillys club have confirmed on local radio he's on the way to UTD

Well it's definitely the dodgiest transfer news source of the summer so far. So based on that, I'm convinced it's true.

And on a weekend too! Won't someone please think of the stock markets!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

https://mobile.twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/739131253857918976

I know how much this guys opinion is loved here but tends to be quite accurate. Hopefully get cb sorted this week and ibra by next week :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,376 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Gomes, Ibrahimovic and baily are still all talk. None have actually been signed yet.

Remember signing otamendi loads last summer? All the times Thiago was near done? Hummels? Pedro? Mane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Bailly to replace Daley. I've no idea who he is but I dont care. I love the Mourinho era.

Gomes, Ibrahimovic and baily are still all talk. None have actually been signed yet.

Remember signing otamendi loads last summer? All the times Thiago was near done? Hummels? Pedro? Mane?

What's with your positivity lol

scudzilla wrote: »
    Jose has probably known for a good few months he'll be our new boss, in that time he would have analised our squad and walked in the door with a list of the palyers he wants

v7g6u9t.jpg

Yeah but Mitch he has been in the job a week and it looks like we might be closing in on two players. Zlatan and Bailly. If another Month goes by and we havent signed anyone I'll start to worry. Euro's or no Euro's we should be getting stuff done now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

scudzilla wrote: »
    he would have analised our squad

48012231.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I imagine this will be a quick sale as Villarreal will only be left with one centre back for the CL qualifiers as Musacchio is going to the Olympics so they'll probably want to replace him pretty quickly.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Yeah but Mitch he has been in the job a week and it looks like we might be closing in on two players. Zlatan and Bailly. If another Month goes by and we havent signed anyone I'll start to worry. Euro's or no Euro's we should be getting stuff done now.

I think we should be safe with bailly even if it drags out to the euros :-)

Definitely agree with you though that now is the time to get transfers done and not rushing around on deadline day to sign a fellaini

From what I can see, Bailly was supposed to be playing for Ivory Coast against Gabon right now, but he's not in the squad at all. Maybe he was given leave to discuss a transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

GSPfan wrote: »
    Bailly to replace Daley. I've no idea who he is but I dont care. I love the Mourinho era.

Bailly replacing Daley. :pac:

irishchris wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/739131253857918976

I know how much this guys opinion is loved here but tends to be quite accurate. Hopefully get cb sorted this week and ibra by next week :-)

His opinion tends to be quite accurate?

adox wrote: »
    Bailey replacing Daley. :pac:

Don't think you pronounced the L's in Bailly. I think it's Bay-ee. Not too dissimilar from Desailly.

adox wrote: »
    His opinion tends to be quite accurate?

I agree with you totally :-)

irishchris wrote: »
    I think we should be safe with bailly even if it drags out to the euros :-)

Definitely agree with you though that now is the time to get transfers done and not rushing around on deadline day to sign a fellaini

I have ignored posters in here for the last 3 Summers saying we are taking too long to get deals done because I believed it would all work out ok. This year I'm cautious from the start and I'll give the club a small bit of a grace period but they wont be fooling me again.

But I am loving the Mourinho era so far. It just feels different in a really good way.

• Advertisement

Don't think you pronounced the L's in Bailly. I think it's Bay-ee. Not too dissimilar from Desailly.

Well **** that so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement