Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Heeeeeeeey, we want some BAIL-LEY! Heeeeeeeey, we want some BAIL-LEY!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Heeeeeeeeeeeeey hey Bailly, ooh aah, I wanna knowwwww, are you the next Phil Jones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No Ls lads. No Ls.

Sky sources have City PSG and Barcelona chasing this guy. I hope its either done or not done soon because we need deals done now.

adox wrote: »
    No Ls lads. No Ls.

Mine works better without the L's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Lord TSC wrote: »

Your this excited for Bailley I can only imagine what you'll be like when Zlatan signs! He's your main hope we sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

GSPfan wrote: »
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeey hey Bailly, ooh aah, I wanna knowwwww, are you the next Phil Jones!

Hey leave Phil out of it :P

Also anyone see his new blonde hair (Not so new but not sure if was posted)

PAY-Phil-Jones-and-fiance-Kaya-Hall-out-and-about-in-Cheshire.jpg

Phil Jones always reminds me of Geordie Shores Scotty T and vice versa.

No idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Also in the Bailly story it seems we are only in talks with him. If we signed every player we were in talks with then we'd have no money left :P

From what I saw it is saying a number of clubs are after him and there seems to be no release clause so realistically if we are to get him well be paying 30+ million for him.

I'll put my hand up and say I don't know that much about it him, haven't watch him play other than Europa, but I hear he has been very good in La Liga and gaining lots of interest. Either way I'll wait and see until anything else develops but if Mourinho is acting fast like this it is a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bayley > Bailly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Martial coming on for France now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No Ls lads. No Ls.

People should say it in a thick Cork accent, "Awrite Baiy"

im a hugger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

GSPfan wrote: »
    Phil Jones always reminds me of Geordie Shores Scotty T and vice versa.

No idea why.

Beeker from the muppets.

Headshot wrote: »
    Martial coming on for France now

What a special special player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

My head always spins when you quote yourself Headshot :)

£32m for Bailly, someone I have only barely heard of. Still Jose knows what he is doing and I'm fcuking loving the speed he demands his business to be done. No prolonged sagas. Just blindside everyone and sign them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is lovely watching Martial play, knowing he is a United player and knowing barring injury he will only get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

From what I can see, Bailly was supposed to be playing for Ivory Coast against Gabon right now, but he's not in the squad at all. Maybe he was given leave to discuss a transfer?

He was recalled by Villarreal to 'negotiate a new contract'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

My head always spins when you quote yourself Headshot :)

£32m for Bailly, someone I have only barely heard of. Still Jose knows what he is doing and I'm fcuking loving the speed he demands his business to be done. No prolonged sagas. Just blindside everyone and sign them.

Maybe its just the other managers couldnt decide who the hell.they wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

jayo26 wrote: »
    Maybe its just the other managers couldnt decide who the hell.they wanted.

Maybe or maybe Jose spent the last few months tapping these guys up and sounding players out and he knows who would and wouldn't sign for a team with no CL football on offer and not to waste time energy and resources trying to sign the likes of Varane. Always admired how fast Chelsea did their business ( if not the methods), hopefully it's the same at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/739211919085686784

Hefty wages so wouldn't be a shock

Unfortunately its not a surprise and was a poor buy in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I know some disagree but I don't regret buying Bastian and still love the fact he plays with us

Maybe or maybe Jose spent the last few months tapping these guys up and sounding players out and he knows who would and wouldn't sign for a team with no CL football on offer and not to waste time energy and resources trying to sign the likes of Varane. Always admired how fast Chelsea did their business ( if not the methods), hopefully it's the same at United.

Wouldnt be too excited until a few deals are over the line and at the end of the day i know zlatan is a class player but it's still only a 34 year old and a defender that 95 percent of us never heard of until a few hours ago. Ill only get excited when i see the team winning matches.

Yeh ok now he is winning me over :) did he ever meet john terry i wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yeh ok now he is winning me over :) did he ever meet john terry i wonder?

No but James McCarthys left boot did once and it was glorious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Another post-Fergie dud who has offered nothing to the football club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

irishchris wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/739131253857918976

I know how much this guys opinion is loved here but tends to be quite accurate. Hopefully get cb sorted this week and ibra by next week :-)

I love some of the replies to his tweet.

"OK BALLBAG. IS LVG STAYING ????"

Looks like Pogba turned down Man City, well MEN say they are no longer looking to sign him, and City want to make 6 signings.
    They claim United will be trying to sign him and it will cost a world record fee.
    Pogba is so good I think United should do whatever it takes, and if that means Schweinsteiger has to make way, I could live with that.
    I love that we have Schweinsteiger but he needs to step things up if he is staying.

I wonder if Mourinho wants a new midfield, lets say Carrick as a bit player, a sub to bring on late in a game.
    We are also linked with Pjanic whom Marca claim we will beat Barcelona to, or maybe that is their wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Pjanic would be a glorious signing. He reminds me of a mix between Scholes and Pirlo, obviously not the same God like level but a fabulous player all the same. In the words of a great Kevin - "I would love it" if we signed him!

If United sign this Bally chap, I hope he's half as good as the last guy the club signed who I never heard of in my life.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

stankratz wrote: »
    If United sign this Bally chap, I hope he's half as good as the last guy the club signed who I never heard of in my life.

Regan Poole yeah?

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Hopefully utd get this over the line asap

Very quiet in hear this morning are ye all at mass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Headshot wrote: »
    Hopefully utd get this over the line asap

Saw a clip from beIN saying United were signing him and an unnamed Bordeuax player before the start of the Euros.

Think they're talking about Adam Ounas. No idea about the reliability of the journalist though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Seems like we know who we want and are getting them...almost seems like a plan for once.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Seems like we know who we want and are getting them...almost seems like a plan for once.

I feel it's more a case of not wasting time on achievable targets. At a guess, I'd say we asked about the likes of Varane and Marquinhos, got bad answers and so we've moved on. And the price being quote for Bailley seems pretty good too.

• Advertisement

Ive been avoiding the internet so as to not spoil ufc 199. All caught up now.

So we still haven't signed Bailly yet. Ugh. :)

I have great trust in Mourinhos ability to spot a defender so im sure this guy will be a beast for us.

Pheonix10 wrote: »

Its same as last season until they actually join us. Im not been negative but we were singing otamendi last june then it was july then we were never into him. All the stories are is to get clicks or sell papers there has still not been any solid quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I feel it's more a case of not wasting time on achievable targets. At a guess, I'd say we asked about the likes of Varane and Marquinhos, got bad answers and so we've moved on. And the price being quote for Bailley seems pretty good too.

I would think this is Mourinho's influence

This was common practice in Chelsea to have your targets ready to sign in the opening few days of the season..

Im sure Mourinho had done alot of leg work on his time off

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    I would think this is Mourinho's influence

This was common practice in Chelsea to have your targets ready to sign in the opening few days of the season..

Im sure Mourinho had done alot of leg work on his time off

I believe he was at alot of matches and possibly doing alot of scouting himself.

Still cant believe it tho.. jose mourinho man united manager.

255kmjn.gif

Thats mad Ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

RobertKK wrote: »
    Looks like Pogba turned down Man City, well MEN say they are no longer looking to sign him, and City want to make 6 signings.
    They claim United will be trying to sign him and it will cost a world record fee.
    Pogba is so good I think United should do whatever it takes, and if that means Schweinsteiger has to make way, I could live with that.
    I love that we have Schweinsteiger but he needs to step things up if he is staying.

I am pretty sure Pogba wants nothing to do with Manchester United after how they treated him. If Pogba is going to leave Juventus, a club that he has huge admiration for after developing him into the player he is now, then it is going to be for Real Madrid. I can't see him going anywhere else but who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Still cant believe it tho.. jose mourinho man united manager.

Thats mad Ted

I agree, since he's taken over I've read EVERY post in this thread, checked Sky sports app 10 times a day. I was gishusted this morning there was only a page of posts too catch up on in the thread! Jose has me genuinely excited again

WarZ wrote: »
    I am pretty sure Pogba wants nothing to do with Manchester United after how they treated him. If Pogba is going to leave Juventus, a club that he has huge admiration for after developing him into the player he is now, then it is going to be for Real Madrid. I can't see him going anywhere else but who knows.

From what I read the problem was Fergie and his distrust of Raiola. Which Fergie write about in his book, Raiola replied to what Fergie wrote saying Pigba moved to progress his career.

We never signed a Raiola client before, now this year it looks like Ibrahimovic will be the first. It makes Pogba a possibility, Mourinho helps too, though at the same time one could argue Zidane at Madrid helps them.
    One thing in United's favour is Pogba still loves Manchester and is a regular in the city.
    Still I will only believe it if I see him holding a United shirt after signing a contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

I just can't see him signing for a club that isn't even in the Champions League and will struggle to be in the top 4 again next year. It's a demotion in my opinion so I think he will either stay at Juventus or move to an actual bigger club such as Real.

WarZ wrote: »
    I just can't see him signing for a club that isn't even in the Champions League and will struggle to be in the top 4 again next year. It's a demotion in my opinion so I think he will either stay at Juventus or move to an actual bigger club such as Real.

Yeaaaaah, no....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement