Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

However I read Saul Niguez has said he wants to stay at Atletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jan Aage Fjortoft teasing news on twitter about a Bundesliga player heading to England.
    Hate that teasing crap,just tell us what you know fella and we will judge if it's bull or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Any idea how much Carneiro settled for? I'd imagine it's the £1.2m Chelsea were offering + a good chunk on top of that either from United or Jose so that his rep doesn't get further tarnished during trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Chelsea must have offered Dr. Carneiro a huge sum to settle that case.

Their opening argument yesterday was an absolute embarrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Memphis is shipping his cars back to Holland,make of that what you will.

CNN showed this:

Clubs with most players at Euro 2016

Juventus and Liverpool with 12 each
    Spurs 11
    United 10
    Barcelona and Bayern 9 each.

Leagues with most players:
    England 139
    Germany 65
    Italy 56
    Turkey 36
    Spain 35

The English leagues and clubs dominate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »
    Jan Aage Fjortoft teasing news on twitter about a Bundesliga player heading to England.
    Hate that teasing crap,just tell us what you know fella and we will judge if it's bull or not.

to a team he has scored against while playing for swindon, so either City Spurs United or West Ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The biggest difference between Schneiderlins big season and Kantes big season is that Kante got a winners medal.

Umaro wrote: »

I highly doubt they went higher than the £1.2m they offered pre trial. Most likely it was that she reached a settlement with both Chelsea and Mourinho as she had 2 separate cases against the club and him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

RobertKK wrote: »
    CNN showed this:

Spurs 11
    United 10

England 139
    Germany 65
    Italy 56
    Turkey 36
    Spain 35

that's actually a bad reflection on the English game. The reason Spain are so low is that most of the clubs are dominated by home grown players so if they're not in the Spanish squad they can't play at the Euro's. That stat above is the reason why the English national team struggle despite how strong their league is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Umaro wrote: »

1.2m plus a night of passion with Jose :)

Lukker- wrote: »
    I highly doubt they went higher than the £1.2m they offered pre trial. Most likely it was that she reached a settlement with both Chelsea and Mourinho as she had 2 separate cases against the club and him.

She settled with Chelsea and dropped the Sexual discrimination case against Jose, which was probably part of the agreement.

cant see Mourinho wanting him to be honest. His attitude is one of the worst i have ever witnessed from a man utd player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

RobertKK wrote: »
    CNN showed this:

Spurs 11
    United 10

England 139
    Germany 65
    Italy 56
    Turkey 36
    Spain 35

Those stats are pretty pointless considering Wales and the two Irelands don't have remotely competitive domestic competitions so nearly all end up in England. It completely skews the numbers.

Also the 9 players Bayern and Barcelona are sending will expect to win the trophy whereas the 12 Liverpool players will be like the 9 Fenerbahce or 6 Viktoria Plzen players who will be just happy to swap a few shirts and take cool selfies while they're there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Any idea how much Carneiro settled for? I'd imagine it's the £1.2m Chelsea were offering + a good chunk on top of that either from United or Jose so that his rep doesn't get further tarnished during trial.

Why will ManUtd offer her money when the case was against Chelsea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Um they wont be in manchester? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Just on the earlier conversation, Schneiderlin and Herrera both have to do a lot to convince me that they are the £25-30m players that they were bought to be after this season. Herrera had some good games in his first season but this season himself and Schneirderlin were both absolutely awful. Even moreso when they played together. I think they are quite similar players actually with Herrera being more technical and Schneiderlin more athletic. They did get a lot of opportunities but neither took them and clearly also weren't impressing in training as LVG put very little trust in either of them. Along with Memphis they're probably my most disappointing players of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Liam O wrote: »
    Just on the earlier conversation, Schneiderlin and Herrera both have to do a lot to convince me that they are the £25-30m players that they were bought to be after this season. Herrera had some good games in his first season but this season himself and Schneirderlin were both absolutely awful. Even moreso when they played together. I think they are quite similar players actually with Herrera being more technical and Schneiderlin more athletic. They did get a lot of opportunities but neither took them and clearly also weren't impressing in training as LVG put very little trust in either of them. Along with Memphis they're probably my most disappointing players of the season.
    Just wait for someone to tell you that this is just your opinion.

• Advertisement

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Statements released from Carneiro and Chelsea

She must have got a whopper of a settlement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

bangkok wrote: »
    cant see Mourinho wanting him to be honest. His attitude is one of the worst i have ever witnessed from a man utd player
    Mourinho is one of, maybe even the, best in the game at getting the headcases onside though and for me he's also quite reminiscent of Ferguson in the manner the does it in (forging a ridiculously strong, almost familial bond). On one hand if Depay is gone this summer I think Mourinho would be the reason why - e.g. it's almost entirely his decision given the situation right now. If he thinks he can, I would have more faith in him than I would in most in getting Memphis' head screwed back on.

But on the other, getting rid of Depay and/or Januzaj right now would be a huge shame a quite a waste in my opinion. I said the same over the last 1-3 years for Smalling and Rafael. Sure Rafa didn't work out, but who here can say they would gladly sell Smalling for 10-15mn like some were begging for us to do only a season or two ago?

Those two each had high potential, and so do Depay/Januzaj. Personally I'd be very inclined to hold on to both long, long before I would keep Young or Valencia (two mediocre players the wrong side of 30 who are only ever going to become more and more mediocre with time). If it doesn't work out with either then get rid of them in a year or two, and we definitely need at least a quality player for the right in front of them, but I wouldn't offload either as a write off just yet, not at all.

Ibrahimovic had his announcement, was just the clothes. Asked about United,

"There is no confirmation. You will have to wait. I want you to keep wondering where I will go, keep making stories, and when I am tired I will let you know when my next destination is"

this has Hazard written all over it again...

Januzaj's potential was completely overblown after his debut goals. He was young and did very well in his first couple of games but really petered out after that. Some of the players he was keeping out of the team was a travesty.

Liam O wrote: »
    Januzaj's potential was completely overblown after his debut goals. He was young and did very well in his first couple of games but really petered out after that. Some of the players he was keeping out of the team was a travesty.

That's rewriting the history.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Why will ManUtd offer her money when the case was against Chelsea?

2 separate cases. One against the club and one against Mourinho. Chelsea had paid for Mourinhos council but no way were the willing to settle his case.

Now, Mourinho might have paid to settle out of his own pocket but that isn't exactly his style. I reckon he most likely had something in his United contract that they would help him settle his part of the case because it's in United's best interests. The case came up frequently in contract negotiations.

At the end of the day, why would Chelsea pony up all the cash when Mourinho caused the whole ordeal?

• Advertisement

2 separate cases. One against the club and one against Mourinho. Chelsea had paid for Mourinhos council but no way were the willing to settle his case.

Now, Mourinho might have paid to settle out of his own pocket but that isn't exactly his style. I reckon he most likely had something in his United contract that they would help him settle his part of the case because it's in United's best interests. The case came up frequently in contract negotiations.

At the end of the day, why would Chelsea pony up all the cash when Mourinho caused the whole ordeal?

Because the case was filed against Chelsea club for constructive dismissal? Maybe that settlement included to drop all charges, after all Chelsea supported Jose even after he was sacked.

This...
    astradave wrote: »
    She settled with Chelsea and dropped the Sexual discrimination case against Jose, which was probably part of the agreement.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/07/jose-mourinho-unexpectedly-turns-up-at-employment-tribunal-eva-carneiro

They were his employer. If your boss did to you what Carniero alleges Mourinho did to her, you wouldn't sue your boss for damages you'd sue the company for letting your boss do that to you because you can get much more from them. :)

Korat wrote: »
    They were his employer. If your boss did to you what Carniero alleges Mourinho did to her, you wouldn't sue your boss for damages you'd sue the company for letting your boss do that to you because you can get much more from them. :)

Or both, like she did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

CSF wrote: »
    Just wait for someone to tell you that this is just your opinion.

I completely agree with him, just not your logic on judging a player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Aaaand here they come.

I completely agree with him, just not your logic on judging a player.

Was that not already established?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

CSF wrote: »
    Was that not already established?

I missed a good few pages. If you've changed your mind on that then I wasn't aware.

Or both, like she did

Allegedly the discrimination case against Mourinho was only brought in order to remove a cap on the award. In fairness had there been any suggestion of sexual discrimination at the time the tabloids would have been all over it so it's entirely plausible that part of the claim was bogus.

I blame m!ck he bloody started all this with his opinion

Korat wrote: »
    Allegedly the discrimination case against Mourinho was only brought in order to remove a cap on the award. In fairness had there been any suggestion of sexual discrimination at the time the tabloids would have been all over it so it's entirely plausible that part of the claim was bogus.

They're quoting some 'daughter of a whore' line being thrown at her today.

Guessing from the settlement that there's something to it. If not enough for her to win the case, then enough that bringing all the details out in to the public would be more harmful than it's worth.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    That's rewriting the history.

Fairly sure i was saying it at the time :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

jayo26 wrote: »
    I blame m!ck he bloody started all this with his opinion

Well that's your opinion. Mick could have a completely different opinion :D

Smalling has his knee in a strap with ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Smalling appearantly injured with his knee strapped and iced on England duty

• Advertisement

Well that's your opinion. Mick could have a completely different opinion :D

So

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Smalling appearantly injured with his knee strapped and iced on England duty

Beat u by a second :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Bailly arriving for his medical bUZg6wV.jpg

I was wondering when Smalling was going to break. 55 starts in the season just gone plus all England's games I presume. Hopefully it's just enough to give him a rest for the Euros and come back fully fit for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Chelsea Jose and the Doc have settled. Case closed

I'm extremely happy the situation has been settled and I can draw a line under this and move on with my career.

United leading the race for 19 year old Adam Ounas. Chelsea also looking to sign him.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/advantage-man-united-jose-leading-old-club-chelsea-chase-attacking-midfielder/

Local radio station in Bordeaux said
    “Adam Ounas also of interest to Chelsea, but has caught the eye of Mourinho. Advantage Manchester United. One to follow very closely…”

BBC reporting Bailly's deal.
    Villarreal central defender Eric Bailly is set to be Jose Mourinho's first signing as Manchester United manager.

Bailly is due to have a medical this week and terms are thought to have been agreed with the Ivory Coast international, who will move for a fee expected to be about £30m.

He has played 40 times in La Liga, the first five of which were for Espanyol.

The 22-year-old played in every game as Ivory Coast won the African Nations Cup in 2015.

Villarreal paid Espanyol £4.4m for him in January 2015.

It had been thought Zlatan Ibrahimovic would be Mourinho's first signing since he succeeded Louis van Gaal as United manager.

The Sweden striker, 34, is a free agent after leaving Paris St-Germain and hinted at the weekend he would make an announcement about his future on Tuesday.

But he has refused to elaborate on his future.

"There is no confirmation," he said. "Keep wondering. I am enjoying the stories."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36474183

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

BBC tweeting Bailly to become Mourinhos first signing for £30m

• Advertisement

Fûck yiz both! stealing my sweet sweet thanks :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement