Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Giggsy11 is far to quick for you lads lol

Great signing. Brilliant start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

DiMarzio saying City close to Aubamayang... ****in hell.. would have loved us to get him..

Must have been what Fjortoff was spunking over earlier

Edit: Fjortoff just tweeted that thats not who he was talking about.

Double Edit: he has now deleted the tweet saying no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Good ol' Bayley. I hope he can become as much of a club legend as Chickarito

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

v3ttel wrote: »
    Good ol' Bayley. I hope he can become as much of a club legend as Chickarito

ad6e96f6cb6a9dc2c1da00d08419e5499c449ae65e3d854b10c8f8794864d3a9_:original

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Ibra's wait-and-see games remind me of Hazard's nonsense before he joined Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'll freely admit I know nothing about Bailly but the profile of this signing sounds good to me.

Young but not a kid, already plenty of senior experience with both club and country but still most of his career ahead of him, a big fee but not a record breaking fee, no ****ing about or any silly games during the transfer and no competing with other clubs for his signature.

This is the type of player we should be targeting instead of looking like idiots trying to get unattainable players like Ramos. These are the type of players that in a few years become the next Kompany or Vidic, its encouraging that this is the first signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Bailly and Daley
    Interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

brinty wrote: »
    Bailly and Daley
    Interesting

Tried and failed with this.

See a few days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Sky now reporting Aubameyang to City deal. Looks like he's going there on his way to Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Will be píssed if City get Aubameyang

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lvg is cracking his head off the wall looking at the bailey transfer and shouting HE IS NOT LEFT FOOTED!

Sky now saying he has passed a medical at Utd.

https://twitter.com/skysportsnewshq/status/740267265744994304

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

I seen Bailly about 6 or 7 times last season he looked solid enough every time but Villarreal were a solid unit as a whole tbh, Happy enough with the signing from what I've seen of him anyway and I'm looking forward to seeing how he does, I've read things about him before too and he's very highly rated, Jose can spot a defender so I'm not worried.

BBC also reporting that Smalling will continue training as normal despite leaving with ice pack on knee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I have seen somewhere about Bailly last season in something like 25 appearances he has 9 yellow and a red card to his name.

Sounds like we are signing a mad man :pac:

I have seen somewhere about Bailly last season in something like 25 appearances he has 9 yellow and a red card to his name.

Sounds like we are signing a mad man :pac:

Thats just the league, in 35 Games total he had 12 yellows and 1 red.. :pac:

astradave wrote: »
    Thats just the league, in 35 Games total he had 12 yellows and 1 red.. :pac:

That makes it better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Bailly not booked in his final 13 appearances so he's a learning machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

City looking to sign both Laporte and stones as well.... if they sign aubameyang and those 2 along with gundoggan it would be hard to see anyone else win the league next season apart from city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Augero and Aubameyang is a pretty frightening attack!

• Advertisement

ElChe32 wrote: »

Supported by de bruyne, silva as well, scary alright

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

bangkok wrote: »
    City looking to sign both Laporte and stones as well.... if they sign aubameyang and those 2 along with gundoggan it would be hard to see anyone else win the league next season apart from city

I think they are looking at the Champions League as the priority.

I'm less worried about other teams and who they sign and more worried about ourselves. City can overload themselves with as many high profile signings as they like as long as we get whoever we want. With two equal teams, Jose becomes our trump card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Unless Stones learns to defend over the course of the summer he probably isn't one to worry about. He'll fit into the Guardiola style of football with his ability to work the ball out from the back but that only counts for so much if you're error prone.

Buying Laporte and Stones while having Otamendi Kompany and Mangala doesn't sound too realistic. They'll need to move at least one on and hope the others want to stick around to be rotated.

I'm gonna enjoy next year so much if Guardiola struggles. When I say struggle I mean not winning any trophies and not being in contention for trophies come the last month of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

ElChe32 wrote: »

Pep doesn't play 4-4-2 and neither of Augero/Aubameyang are overly suited to playing out wide.

I'd say if Aubameyang signs he'd be mainly used in rotation with Augero, which isn't a bad idea as Augero misses a lot of football.

But I think the 'OMG, Auby + Augero gonna kill PL defenses' is a bit premature for now. But they are going to kill in FIFA, that's for sure.

Blatter wrote: »
    Pep doesn't play 4-4-2 and neither of Augero/Aubameyang are overly suited to playing out wide.

I'd say if Aubameyang signs he'd be mainly used in rotation with Augero, which isn't a bad idea as Augero misses a lot of football.

But I think the 'OMG, Auby + Augero gonna kill PL defenses' is a bit premature for now. But they are going to kill in FIFA, that's for sure.
    Aguero would be very good as a number 10 aswell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Twitter chatter about Griezmann, saying we have offered €55m and they want €70m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Laporte has a broken leg and Gundogan won't be fit for them till around December, I wouldn't be too worried yet that they'll walk the league next season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

CSF wrote: »
    Aguero would be very good as a number 10 aswell.

He'd be well able to play there but you'd be losing out on one of the best features in his game; running off the shoulder of the last defender and stretching defences.

I think Pep generally prefers his #10 to be closer to a CM for more control, rather than a forward capable of playing deeper.

In saying all this, Pep changes his team's formations and rotates like crazy, so who knows what he has planned.

He'd be well able to play there but you'd be losing out on one of the best features in his game; running off the shoulder of the last defender and stretching defences.

I think Pep generally prefers his #10 to be closer to a CM for more control, rather than a forward capable of playing deeper.

In saying all this, Pep changes his team's formations and rotates like crazy, so who knows what he has planned.
    I'd be very surprised if either one of them is going to be sitting on the bench too often. With Toure on the way out, and Silva in decline, and De Bruyne probably to play in a wider position, I'd expect there to be plenty of games where Aguero plays behind Aubameyang. Whether you call it 4-4-2 or a very attacking slant on 4-5-1 is down to your own views I guess.

Lord TSC wrote: »

would tie in with this, Bailly, Ibra, Griezmann and Pogba?

https://twitter.com/MikeKeegan_DM/status/740289105888743424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Lord TSC wrote: »

I'll believe that when I hear it widely reported but I just dont want to get my hopes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

a front 3 of Martial ,Zlatan and Griezmann would be class.Rashford would also get plenty of game time .
    Problem is with Rooney in that set up not sure if he fits in,I suppose he would play No.10 behind those 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nice start to the window. Just wish Zlatan gets finalised now

• Advertisement

First 2 good possibility, griezman a long shot i think it would take an awful lot of money to persuade club and player and pogba i dont think will ever happen it would be extremely embarrassing for club i think but hey im usually wrong.

Thats the most generic tweet ever. Absolutely no knowledge of anything needed to make that guess.

Griezmann links are coming from a known spoofer.. Sports witness have practically debunked it on their page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

zUVaQat.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Because they are well ran and back their ambitious words. Hopefully United follow their lead.

• Advertisement

There's no way city are breaking the British transfer record to buy a player that will be in rotation with aguero. Can see city playing 4-3-3 with aubameyang aguero and de bruyne the front 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Because they are well ran and back their ambitious words. Hopefully United follow their lead.

Well run? Can you imagine the outcry if we signed 3 players and 2 of them were injured. The thread would be a nuclear reactor of emotion for months :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, looks a bit like a briefing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

There's no way city are breaking the British transfer record to buy a player that will be in rotation with aguero. Can see city playing 4-3-3 with aubameyang aguero and de bruyne the front 3

Hart
    RB
    Laporte----Stones
    LB
    DeBruyne---Gundogan---CM
    aubameyang
    Aguero
    Sterling

A couple of full backs and another center mid and that team would be full of pace and creativity. Maybe Pogba in the center to add a bit of steal?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yes but it also says: Mourinho also wants to sign Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, who shares the same agent as Ibrahimovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mr.H wrote: »

Hart
    RB
    Laporte----Stones
    LB
    DeBruyne---Gundogan---CM
    aubameyang
    Aguero
    Sterling

A couple of full backs and another center mid and that team would be full of pace and creativity. Maybe Pogba in the center to add a bit of steal?

It was in the MEN that City were no longer pursuing Pogba but United are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

v3ttel wrote: »
    Well run? Can you imagine the outcry if we signed 3 players and 2 of them were injured. The thread would be a nuclear reactor of emotion for months :confused:

Personally I would take a long term view and hope the players show worthy of the money over 5 years rather than worry about a couple of months. If city feel these are the right players to build a future on, then forgoing them for the sake of short term injuries would be stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

^^ Same guy said -

https://twitter.com/SkelMCFC/status/740305242949050368

I laugh at all of this transfer rubbish. I don't look into what a nobody from the daily mail or the sun or whatever says unless it comes from the player or agent.

Anyway back to United. One thing that struck me about the Ibra stuff which I am hopefully wrong on. When he is questioned he says keep making your stories I am enjoying reading them etc...the only stories seeem to be that he is coming to United. His reply suggests to me that he isn't coming here at all and is finding it funny how people are somehow certain that he is gonna sign for us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement