Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Independent(Ogden) and Guardian ( Daniel taylor) reporting that we are in for Pogba.

We're not signing Pogba. End of.

Mrs Zlatan doesn't like the idea of Manchester either.....Mrs Di Maria must have been having words.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Could be that we're moving Darmian towards Juvi cause we're looking for Pogba....

L'Equippe saying Griezmann has signed a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Could be that we're moving Darmian towards Juvi cause we're looking for Pogba....

If someone at Juve said we'll only sell you pogba if we get darmian, they need to be institutionalized as they are clearly not competent for their decisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Independent(Ogden) and Guardian ( Daniel taylor) reporting that we are in for Pogba.

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/paul-pogba-unlikely-to-ever-make-manchester-united-return-following-mothers-comments/81521
    "Paul Pogba unlikely to ever make Manchester United return following mother's comments"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

RobertKK wrote: »
    El Confidential in Spain ...are now saying United are prepared to pay €120 million for Bale who United believes now wants to return to the UK.

We can safely assume that Bale will only leave Real if they want to sell him. Why on earth would he want to take a step down. Let's put these stories to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If someone at Juve said we'll only sell you pogba if we get darmian, they need to be institutionalized as they are clearly not competent for their decisions

Darmian did very well for Torino, he is an Italian international.
    Some figures are United are prepared to offer £65 million, but Juve want £78 million/€100 million.
    Maybe Darmian would be the difference in price?

We can safely assume that Bale will only leave Real if they want to sell him. Why on earth would he want to take a step down. Let's put these stories to bed.

Well it is the Spanish publication which says Bale is "eager" to return to the UK. If he left now it would be on a high.
    But for any of these stories, will believe it when I see it happening.

Loomis wrote: »

That would only be relevant if Fergie was manager.

Pogba might like to return to United for a world record fee, which would be most embarrassing for Fergie than anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

CkbVLDCUoAAGUG1.jpg:large
    It's official, Bailly signed!

https://t.co/wXgHSqmMju

• Advertisement

Mino Raiola last year: "Paul has always said he is not angry with Manchester United - you need to move on.
    "So there is no personal grudge against Manchester United. On the contrary, he holds Manchester United very dear and has very nice memories."

Why do a lot of players look like they are in front of a firing squad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I know nothing about this Bailley but I'm getting good vibes. The new Vidic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm a bit perplexed at why Mourinho would be pushing Darmian out. I thought he had shown some extremely good promise, and considering he had an injury hit season(along with weird LVG changing FB's) I thought he looked very competent and dare I say like a really good prospect.

Bit confused by it if I'm honest.

Yeah, new toys!

Contract is four years with an option to extend by two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Loomis wrote: »
    Yeah - i'd totally take SportsJoe over Taylor and Ogden.

I'd eat my hat if United are not in for him, and reckon they can get him (Hey, they are deluded like that!).

Whether we actually get him or not.... more likely not. But I wouldn't be thinking Pogba's ma complaining about Fergie as a reason why not. Pogba still regularly visits Manchester as he is still good mates with a lot of people (and players) from his time at United. That isn't going to swing a deal on its own, but I wouldn't be utterly shocked to see him at United if we are willing to throw cash at it.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm a bit perplexed at why Mourinho would be pushing Darmian out. I thought he had shown some extremely good promise, and considering he had an injury hit season(along with weird LVG changing FB's) I thought he looked very competent and dare I say like a really good prospect.

Bit confused by it if I'm honest.

This Bailly fella played RB vs Madrid (and did well, apparently) so maybe that is where he is being signed for, and not CB.

If he is being signed as a CB, then selling Darmian would require signing a new right back.

Don't think there is anything to this Juve story though, Dani Alves looks naild on for them, don't see them looking to sign Darmian too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Four years with an option of two is a decent contract for 22 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Yea a signing
    Who's next...
    Where's that Ed picture...

Coat22 wrote:
    We're not signing Pogba. End of.

Cut it out
    You're not FutureGuy

This Bailly fella played RB vs Madrid (and did well, apparently) so maybe that is where he is being signed for, and not CB.

If he is being signed as a CB, then selling Darmian would require signing a new right back.

Don't think there is anything to this Juve story though, Dani Alves looks naild on for them, don't see them looking to sign Darmian too.

Yeah its mostly that I'm under the believe Alves is definitely going to Juve that I've been questioning the logic of these Darmian stories.

You know as a fan, while I appreciate the club won't comment on potential targets and signings, be cool if they were clear about players definitly not leaving, who are mired in speculation.

Memphis shipping some cars to Holland for the summer appears to have spun places into a stir he is off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So thats Blind out of CB, does Jose move him to replace Darmien?

If, if, if the Pogba stories are true, then who is losing out in CM?

Zlatan and Martial or Rashford up front

DDG, Shaw, Bailly, Smalling and Blind

MF of Memphis, Pogba, Rooney and Mata?

So Morgan, Herrera, Rojo, Bastian, gone? Or drop Rooney from MF and replace with Morgan, so now you drop Martial or Rashford for Rooney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Leroy42 wrote: »

So Morgan, Herrera, Rojo, Bastian, gone? Or drop Rooney from MF and replace with Morgan, so now you drop Martial or Rashford for Rooney?

I don't think we'll get him, BUT if it were, it doesn't ****ing matter, he is a vast upgrade on everyone we have there

Leroy42 wrote:

Two left footed fullbacks
    Just no
    Damian will beloved of Jose
    Plays all four defender positions
    He ain't going anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Glad we have new blood

Does he improve the Team? No idea

I hope we never start Bailly, Smalling and Jones at the same time

We would be most likely be down to 8 players by half time

Leroy42 wrote: »

De Gea
    Darmian-Smalling-Bailly-Shaw
    Matic
    Pogba-Rooney
    Who Knows
    Martial
    Ibrahimovic

Johnstone
    Valencia-Fosu Mensah-Jones-Blind
    Schneiderlin
    Carrick---Herrara
    Memphis
    Young
    Rashford.

Sell Romero, Rojo, Schweinsteiger, Fellaini (could easily see Fellaini being kept as important squad player).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yeah its mostly that I'm under the believe Alves is definitely going to Juve that I've been questioning the logic of these Darmian stories.

You know as a fan, while I appreciate the club won't comment on potential targets and signings, be cool if they were clear about players definitly not leaving, who are mired in speculation.

Memphis shipping some cars to Holland for the summer appears to have spun places into a stir he is off.

Well there is always the possibility that United see Juve looking at a RB and say here we will sort you out for long term in RB instead of a short term solution if you give us a cut price deal for Pogba.

Varela is still at the club too. Maybe Jose sees something in him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

When was the last time we signed a player before the window even opened, never mind for a position we are badly lacking in?

I cannot ever remember one (open to correction of course).

I don't know anything about the lad but Jose has a super eye for a defender so that's good enough for me.

#thejoseeffect

• Advertisement

A nice positive start for Woodward and his team this window. Hopefully it continues.

Likely helps Mourinho has a clear idea of what he wants to do and what he needs from months analysing.

Last summer we did good early business but it got tanished by some silly notions and adventures.

Few possible this summer with reports we've bit for Bale, Pogba etc. Just need to avoid any major sagas to have good momentum going into season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'm a bit perplexed at why Mourinho would be pushing Darmian out.

I don't believe any stories at all about pushing players out. Has Jose even had a single training session with the team or met all of the players yet? Why would he be pushing out players he hasn't even met? Its not like we need to sell for any reason, whether it be to raise money or trim the squad, so until I actually see players leaving I don't believe a word of it.

When was the last time we signed a player before the window even opened, never mind for a position we are badly lacking in?

I don't know anything about the lad but Jose has a super eye for a defender so that's food enough for me.

#thejoseeffect

Last summer.... Memphis.

I don't know anything about the lad but Jose has a super eye for a defender so that's food enough for me.

#thejoseeffect

It is the Jose Effect.

Chelsea nearly always had his players signed before the window.

Thats how he rolls

tumblr_n2sm0tnnpo1tu7965o1_500.gif

I don't believe any stories at all about pushing players out. Has Jose even had a single training session with the team or met all of the players yet? Its not like we need to sell for any reason, whether it be to raise money or trim the squad, so until I actually see players leaving I don't believe a word of it.

I'd say Mourinho has been doing some analysis and thinking from his couch over the last for months.

I'd be confident of trimming some plyers from our squad regardless of how they operate in training.

But agree there is no rush and we dont have a bloated squad.

Last summer.... Memphis.

Awwww sonnuvabitch.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Darmian looked very good in his first few matches but has been utter tripe for the most part since then. You would be hopeful that he could rediscover some form under Mourinho but something's definitely wrong with him - whether he's homesick or just had particularly low confidence under LVG.

Immediately thought of chicarito before 2010 world cup
    But then saw Memphis comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'd say Mourinho has been doing some analysis and thinking from his couch over the last for months.

I'd be confident of trimming some plyers from our squad regardless of how they operate in training.

But agree there is no rush and we dont have a bloated squad.

I don't doubt he has been doing his homework but there is a difference between watching from afar and dealing with players on a day to day basis. Add in the obvious factor of Van Gaal hampering players last season and it would be incredibly hasty to already have made any decisions on current players.

Every logical factor points to it being far too early to say who will stay and who will go, while against that the only evidence we have are tabloid rags spinning their tales. Like I say, at this point in time I don't believe a word of it.

Blatter wrote: »
    Darmian looked very good in his first few matches but has been utter tripe for the most part since then. You would be hopeful that he could rediscover some form under Mourinho but something's definitely wrong with him - whether he's homesick or just had particularly low confidence under LVG.

Was it not a case he made a couple of mistakes after his excellent start and LVG dropped him?

Seemed to be rattled after that iirc.

• Advertisement

I don't believe any stories at all about pushing players out. Has Jose even had a single training session with the team or met all of the players yet? Why would he be pushing out players he hasn't even met? Its not like we need to sell for any reason, whether it be to raise money or trim the squad, so until I actually see players leaving I don't believe a word of it.

We'll he's just gone and signed a Centre back so he has been scouting it analysing already.
    As someone said maybe he doesn't fancy Matteo (I think he'll love him) OT sees something in varela or totally out of left field maybe he really likes Tim Fosu-Monster at RB...
    We've no idea yet
    But one thing for sure
    It's not going to be boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

It's great to see a signing so early in the summer. Two things which we should be able to expect with Mourinho in charge, transfers completed earlier in summer rather than at the last minute and shorter injury lists. I have seen both these things with Mourinho over the years; he knows what players he wants and he gets them early. Also I feel that he gets many games out of his core players and if memory serves me well, his teams don't seem to suffer many long-term injuries, which has been United's trademark for far too long now. A fit Luke Shaw would have easily made the overall difference last season in getting at least one extra point and top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

He seems like a humble and hard working guy from what I've read. Seems a bit like Martial. Great to see guys with that attitude as opposed to Memphis.

He said: "It is a dream come true to be joining Manchester United. To play football at the highest level is all I have ever wanted to do.

Mourinho first signing as United manager , 8th of June

Moyes first signing as United manager, 3rd of September.

Wow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I don't see many leaving. Next year yes, but not this year.

Certainly not people like Darmian and Blind who can adequately cover multiple positions. That's just daft.

Blind is an easy target for exit speculation because he spoke out in defence of LvG.

Darmian is an easy target because Juve are allegedly interested, and we are allegedly after Pogba.

Mata is an easy target because José sold him before.

Silly season is in full flow.

I remember when there was word that Jose wasn't a fan of Mata and Luiz when he was moving back to Chelsea and many didn't believe it. I think he could very well want rid of Blind and Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Blatter wrote:

Darmians demise seemed to start when he was being shunted from right to left after shaws injury up to that point i thought he was playing very well at right back.

Looking at how young the United players we have and are signing.

We might actually turn a profit selling players in the future

Darmians demise seemed to start when he was being shunted from right to left after shaws injury up to that point i thought he was playing very well at right back.

He was flying at rb
    Then chopped and changed
    Got destroyed v arsenal and lvg barely gave him a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Also I feel that he gets many games out of his core players and if memory serves me well, his teams don't seem to suffer many long-term injuries, which has been United's trademark for far too long now. A fit Luke Shaw would have easily made the overall difference last season in getting at least one extra point and top 4.

In fairness, LVG was not to blame for Luke Shaw missing the season, but hopefully the injuries pick up - it's been a problem for several years now tbh, not sure what's causing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

brinty wrote:
    He was flying at rb Then chopped and changed Got destroyed v arsenal and lvg barely gave him a chance

Lvg i believe was the cause of a lot of players looking bad last year i would expect a lot more from the squad this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement