Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

He has a young family and it has been well rumoured that both him and his other half would prefer them to be educated in England, and near the rest of their families - so there is a good chance (if true) of him being very prepared to move back to England in the near future, should the right deal be presented.

I put Gareth Bale in the Ronaldo category of having liminted natural ability (unlike Messi), but who, via sheer ambition and hard work, has rising to the top of his industry. Why would he throw that away for a better financial package?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Would take modric or kroos if real offload due to buying pogba

Kroos no so very overrated.

would take mod ric in a heartbeat

• Site Banned Posts: 108 ✭✭Shawn Michaels

I put Gareth Bale in the Ronaldo category of having liminted natural ability (unlike Messi), but who, via sheer ambition and hard work, has rising to the top of his industry. Why would he throw that away for a better financial package?

At a minimum, the word "relatively" should be inserted before "limited natural ability"!

You'd swear you were talking about Danny Drinkwater!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

[QUOTE=IamtheWalrus;99974981]I put Gareth Bale in the Ronaldo category of having liminted natural ability (unlike Messi), but who, via sheer ambition and hard work, has rising to the top of his industry. Why would he throw that away for a better financial package?[/QUOTE]

Wait-What-Meme-08.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

sky88 wrote: »
    Kroos no so very overrated.

would take mod ric in a heartbeat

200_s.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Kroos is far better than Modric imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Kroos has been disappointing for Madrid so far.

Modric is exceptional, very underrated by some.

Kroos and Modric are both class players. Either you make a huge improvement to our midfield

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

This whole "we are free to sign Pogba because City have halted their interest" is like saying I'm free to get freaky with Kate Upton because she broke up with her boyfriend last night.

In other words, we are not signing Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

With Di Maria still fresh in memory it's hard to see positives signing more Madrid rejects, they don't want to leave and would probably see United as a big step down and apply their effort accordingly to that.

• Advertisement

With Di Maria still fresh in memory it's hard to see positives signing more Madrid rejects, they don't want to leave and would probably see United as a step down and apply their effort accordingly to that.

van Gaal signed a butterfly and turned him into a moth, wouldnt let that deter us from signing Madrid players

• In four years he'd likely be in the final year of his contract, so no chance he'd be sold for 70m+ at that stage, no matter how he turns out.

Unless there is some mad deal in place where he renews onto an additional 2 years every time there's 2 years left on his contract or something like that, but I never heard of such an arrangement in my life.

Or are you talking about some arrangement where he signs initially on a contract longer than 5 years? Because even then, that never happens.

I just picked a random number for the sake of discussion.
    I mean as in if he his sold within the terms of his contract.
    I.E. for arguments sake he signed a 6 year contract (not realistic) but was bought by another club 4 years into his contract.
    He would only go for high value.

• Site Banned Posts: 108 ✭✭Shawn Michaels

We should be extraordinarily wary of "stars" moving from the likes of Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

Di Maria and Schweinsteiger spring to mind.

Caveat emptor x 100

That's not to say never sign players from those clubs, but if next season (for example) Madrid say "do you still want Ramos?", you'd be very wary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

We are being linked now with Breel Embolo from Basel.

He's a centre forward. Age 19. Supposed to be some kind of wonderkid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I think if jose was here 2 year ago di maria would of been a different story at United..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Probably bollocks, but Nani back to Utd, he did garner 13 goals / 9 assists in 49 appearances last season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

We should be extraordinarily wary of "stars" moving from the likes of Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

Caveat emptor x 100

That's not to say never sign players from those clubs, but if next season (for example) Madrid say "do you still want Ramos?", you'd be very wary.

Di Maria was a huge signing at the time both in terms of his talent and also stating our intent. Di Maria was/is a very good player who could have functioned well under another manager. I think his personal behavior left a bit to be desired but he wanted out and got out.

Schweinsteiger was always a punt. He was cheap and is a class act. Still believe there is some hope for him at the top level but we cannot build a team around him at this point of his career.

When both players were signed very few people took issue. Every transfer is a gamble regardless of age and talent. You can look at Veron/Forlan and numerous other players who came with huge reputations and failed miserably at United and in the premier league. If the right player is available from Madrid or Bayern they should be looked at in complete isolation.

Xenji wrote: »
    Probably bollocks, but Nani back to Utd, he did garner 13 goals / 9 assists in 49 appearances last season though.

This will be fun :)

In all honestly I call bollocks aswell, we sold him for 7 million euro and the release clause is 8? If your fenerbache it's gonna be a little north of that. He also does not strike me as Jose player in one little bit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Antibac wrote: »

Sports Witness have said we are in talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

You're right there - bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sports Witness have said we are in talks.

Time to check him out on YouTube :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I think it's safe to say he's the best player in the Swiss league.

pretty evil of Mourinho buying all these young players so he can put them on the bench

possibly the worst person in history for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

pretty evil of Mourinho buying all these young players so he can put them on the bench

possibly the worst person in history for me

Say what you want about Hitler, but at least he put the 18 year olds on the front line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

I wouldnt judge any player from there time playing under lvg world class players dont just become average over night.
    Di Maria couldnt even get a game at utd and when he did he was shunted all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

FutureGuy wrote: »
    This whole "we are free to sign Pogba because City have halted their interest" is like saying I'm free to get freaky with Kate Upton because she broke up with her boyfriend last night.

In other words, we are not signing Pogba.
    Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

OMG we're signing Embolo...
    woohooo
    I've loved this guy since I read this post... his youtube looks amazing.... stats on fifa and Pro Evo are off the chart... lets get it done boys
    I repeat....
    I've loved this guy since I read this post

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I think it's safe to say he's the best player in the Swiss league.

Now that you mention it...
    About his position. He sees himself as a striker. He played mainly rw this season because Janko was a beast for us. Embolo has the ability to hold the ball as a target man/lone striker but I think he's actually better in a position where he can take on defenders one on one. His technical skills are great, his control is next to none in the swiss league, he knows how to position himself, he has some speed, an eye for his team and he works hard in defence. I much prefer him as a winger or possibly as a 9.
    I'm sad to see him leave but we all knew for quite some time it would be this summer. I'm just glad there's a possibility for him to not end up at RasenBallSport. A ManU move would be awesome because I always liked them and I'm following english football very closely. Who ever signs him will get a genuinly decent human being, a fun character and - imho - the most talented swiss player ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Time to check him out on YouTube :D

I've allways loved him. Best prospect in Europe....actually in the entire world! I think he should be made captain :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

TheTownie wrote: »
    Who ever signs him will get a genuinly decent human being, a fun character and - imho - the most talented swiss player ever.

Better than Roger Federer???

Coat22 wrote: »
    TheTownie wrote: »
    Who ever signs him will get a genuinly decent human being, a fun character and - imho - the most talented swiss player ever.

Better than Roger Federer???
    He's even better than Roger Rabbit
    That's how good my boy Embolo is....

Be really interesting if he signed. You'd have him Martial and Rashford, all almost interchangeable, strong and able to beat a man one on one. Could be fantastic to watch

duffman13 wrote: »
    Be really interesting if he signed. You'd have him Martial and Rashford, all almost interchangeable, strong and able to beat a man one on one. Could be fantastic to watch
    and zlatan and rooney....
    jesus above who needs Aguero and Aubemyang.... and Iheanacho

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We seem to be signing a lot of young talent.

There is also Ounas who we are suppose to be interested in signing.

Fuken hell though we were in talks about signing the ebola virus...

Ill get my coat :(

• Advertisement

This will be fun :)

In all honestly I call bollocks aswell, we sold him for 7 million euro and the release clause is 8? If your fenerbache it's gonna be a little north of that. He also does not strike me as Jose player in one little bit

if you dont think Nani is a Jose player, Depay is definately f*cked!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

RobertKK wrote: »
    We seem to be signing a lot of young talent.

There is also Ounas who we are suppose to be interested in signing.

Mourinhio maybe trying to dispel the idea he won't play kids nice and early? Maybe he won't bring through many from the academy but he seems to have no problem playing young lads by the way we're doing things now.

Maybe the younger signings are lined up by the club more so then the manager. Aint jim lawlor over some youth scouting department or something now with the likes of that chong (hairy dutch striker) have been lined up for a while.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

According to Duncan Castles, should De Gea move to Real, Courtois would like to play for Jose at United, though would prefer to go to Real himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Lord TSC wrote: »
    According to Duncan Castles, should De Gea move to Real, Courtois would like to play for Jose at United, though would prefer to go to Real himself.

Big step down to go from DDG to Courtois. Last season he was very average, has regressed quite a bit since coming back to Chelsea.

Would be a big let down to lose DDG

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    TBF wasn't overly impressed by Courtois this season
    I'd prefer De Gea every day and twice every day over him..

bangkok wrote: »
    if you dont think Nani is a Jose player, Depay is definately f*cked!!

This is true although Depay if he is willing to learn could work out. Not very hopeful based on this season alone but there is talent there.

This is true although Depay if he is willing to learn could work out. Not very hopeful based on this season alone but there is talent there.

you can have all the talent in the world, but you cannot teach attitude and depays is shocking

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Big step down to go from DDG to Courtois. Last season he was very average, has regressed quite a bit since coming back to Chelsea.

Would be a big let down to lose DDG

It was an absolutely crazy drop in standards from Courtois this season. Big Dave definitely in a class of his own along with Neuer. Courtois was arguably ahead of Dave 2 years ago.

you can have all the talent in the world, but you cannot teach attitude and depays is shocking

From a coaching prospective this is not black and white, players respond and work for different people in different ways. If after a season or after a game Jose ****s him out so be it. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

From a coaching prospective this is not black and white, players respond and work for different people in different ways. If after a season or after a game Jose ****s him out so be it. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

yea i wouldnt write him off either, though he needs a serious kick up the h*le. Bit of a Ravel Morrison about him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

yea i wouldnt write him off either, though he needs a serious kick up the h*le. Bit of a Ravel Morrison about him

He is nothing like Ravel Morrison. Depay had a poor season, nothing more than that. Young player who moved to bigger league, failed to step up. He has weird fashion sense doesn't make his attitude questionable.

I agree with giggs depay isnt a bad person or troublemaker he just lost his way under a dull uninspiring manager and has shown a bit of a bad attitude but that could be all down to the manager.

Come on for criks sake it was so bad even the own clubs channels are hinting how happy they are he is gone imagine what it was like for the players who had to work under him and train under him.

Said it before not one player in our squad should be ruled out of upping there game next season they are all capable of it and having a genuine world class manager in charge should do that.

Tortoise is no De Gea but it Dave is leaving we'll have to take him

Carrick has signed a new 1 year contract.

Excellent news

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement