Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

bangkok wrote: »
    I see Fellaini's "total score" is less than Carrick alright.

Just when I thought he had played well I get something like that to shut me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

just to point out, i dont care what depay drives around etc, but if he was told by the club not to turn up to an u21 game in his rolls royce and he does, then that is out of order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

No fun in that a total score means nothing stats mean nothing they can show total different things.

Fellaini is a more attacking midfielder then carrick so he is going to have alot better attacking stats

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/michael_carrick/165/165/575/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/marouane_fellaini/165/165/466/38/p#attack_score/goals_scored/chances_created/tackles_won/successful_take_ons/blocks#avg

Original point been fellaini contributed more then carrick last year he scored two goals that got us threw two rounds of cup and played very well in cup final where as carrick didnt.

Our opinions differ ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

jayo26 wrote: »
    Big fellaini done more last year then carrick.

I'll agree there's an argument to be made for Fel. But Carrick was better than Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin and Herrera (as much as it hurts me) imo. Still offers a lot and has, one season aside, always been grossly underrated by United fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Would be much nicer in one shade of red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Delighted Carrick has signed a new contract, after Bank completes his return I wonder on Jose will turn his attention to Rafael. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Happy that Carrick is staying - he'll be happy with a back-up role and could be handy to bring on late in games as well to calm things down. Would rather Carrick stays than Schweini tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Earlier it was that we wouldn't pay €8m, now we're going to pay £8m :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,979 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just popped in to say that if I was one of the fans at the ground I'd be just delighted to get a close up look at a Rolls Royce. You don't get to see them too often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

John Peacock has joined our academy staff as a consultant, it is not known if he will work as tightly with Butt as Cox has done in his short tenure at the club.

I would actually be very happy if we re signed Nani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Xenji wrote: »
    Peacock.......Butt.....Cox....

#childishgiggles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I would actually be very happy if we re signed Nani

I'd be disappointed. I like Nani, don't think he should gave been sold, but just wouldn't be excited by signing him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I'd be disappointed. I like Nani, don't think he should gave been sold, but just wouldn't be excited by signing him back.

This rumour hurts my head. We loaned him out and then sold him due to his big contract and and his age. Now we want him back :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

edgecutter wrote: »
    This rumour hurts my head. We loaned him out and then sold him due to his big contract and and his age. Now we want him back :confused:
    This shouldn't hurt your head, it should give you all the answers you need. The rumour is as legit as David May being made our new captain and manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So ESPN are saying United have contacted both Juventus and his agent Mino Raiola about Pogba, but Pogba is waiting to see if Real Madrid will make a move for him.
    Mata will likely be offered as part as any potential deal, but even if no deal Mata could still be heading to Turin.

They claim the sources for their info is coming from United and that both United and Pogba say he is waiting to see what Real Madrid do.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just popped in to say that if I was one of the fans at the ground I'd be just delighted to get a close up look at a Rolls Royce. You don't get to see them too often.

I went to anfield a season or two ago and half the craic before the game was looking at the pool players cars, Gerrards Overfinch Range Rover and Skrtels Bentley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

RobertKK wrote: »
    So ESPN are saying United have contacted both Juventus and his agent Mino Raiola about Pogba, but Pogba is waiting to see if Real Madrid will make a move for him.
    Mata will likely be offered as part as any potential deal, but even if no deal Mata could still be heading to Turin.

They claim the sources for their info is coming from United and that both United and Pogba say he is waiting to see what Real Madrid do.

If that is true then they would be better off to forget about him.

They may, somehow, get him, but he will always be looking to move to RM. It would be another ADM situation. Focus on someone else

• Advertisement

He going to Madrid so, no way zidane will let pogba slip through his fingers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Lukekul wrote: »
    I went to anfield a season or two ago and half the craic before the game was looking at the pool players cars, Gerrards Overfinch Range Rover and Skrtels Bentley

There's a joke about wheels to be made here but it's not worth a card. ;)

Well Pogba was going to Barcelona before and a deal had being agreed, except Barcelona were too poor to afford him.
    He doesn't seem to care about which Spanish team.

If he is going to Real Madrid, I would like United to put the expense up for Real Madrid.
    The rumours are Pogba wants €20 million a season, and that Real Madrid are offering anything from €10 million to €12 million.
    I think United could offer Pogba and his agent a better deal than Real Madrid.
    But then it would be up to Pogba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Well Pogba was going to Barcelona before and a deal had being agreed, except Barcelona were too poor to afford him.
    He doesn't seem to care about which Spanish team.

If he is going to Real Madrid, I would like United to put the expense up for Real Madrid.
    The rumours are Pogba wants €20 million a season, and that Real Madrid are offering anything from €10 million to €12 million.
    I think United could offer Pogba and his agent a better deal than Real Madrid.
    But then it would be up to Pogba.

If he doesn't go to Madrid this summer, with them having the transfer ban incoming, it makes for an interesting situation.

Then again, they can just so what Barca did with Turan (I think?) and sign him but not register him. Juve get some money and get to keep their star player for another year.

• Site Banned Posts: 108 ✭✭Shawn Michaels

In a cab and the driver is a Chelsea season ticket holder whose brother is (allegedly) involved at the club.

- Says the Eva Carneiro stuff is true. Mourinho found out that day and went nuts.

- Says that Abramovich had promised not to interfere on the playing side. Then he vetoed the signing of John Stones who was Jose's number one choice. And then he backed Costa when Jose wanted to ditch him for bad behaviour.

Funny stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Interesting reading from Pogba.

link to the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

In a cab and the driver is a Chelsea season ticket holder whose brother is (allegedly) involved at the club.

- Says the Eva Carneiro stuff is true. Mourinho found out that day and went nuts.

- Says that Abramovich had promised not to interfere on the playing side. Then he vetoed the signing of John Stones who was Jose's number one choice. And then he backed Costa when Jose wanted to ditch him for bad behaviour.

Funny stuff.

The Eva story, is that the rumor she was with hazard?

Hococop wrote: »

And Ivanovic - allegedly.

The taxi driver's story could be rubbish obviously, but he was very specific about Jose coming back from his sick father's bedside after he'd had brain surgery, and Jose going nuts about what was going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Hococop wrote: »

Yeah was just going to ask this myself, What Eva stuff is true exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Juan8 wrote: »
    Yeah was just going to ask this myself, What Eva stuff is true exactly?

Most likely none of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

And Ivanovic - allegedly.

The taxi driver's story could be rubbish obviously, but he was very specific about Jose coming back from his sick father's bedside after he'd had brain surgery, and Jose going nuts about what was going on.

Branislav punching above his weight a bit there.

The stories may or may not be true, but clearly the narrative that "Jose had lost the dressing room" and the criticism he receives around Chelsea's implosion last season are overly simplistic.

It sounds like he was in a vipers' nest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Chelsea dressing room has always been the same its well messed up not many managers do have full support there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

May as well accept Pogba being a Madrid player now, it'll happen after the Euros.

We could use some proven quality in midfield, missing out on Pjanic is disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Branislav punching above his weight a bit there.

Unattractive multi millionaire bangs hot chick shocker!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Whatever Eva did or didn't do, it's none of our business and they are all consenting adults so let them at it.

How Chelsea and Jose treated her was a disgrace, lets hope that despite his total refusal to man up and accept he acted like a bollix that he has at least learned a lesson and won't carry on any of that sh1te while at ManUtd.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Whatever Eva did or didn't do, it's none of our business and they are all consenting adults so let them at it.

How Chelsea and Jose treated her was a disgrace, lets hope that despite his total refusal to man up and accept he acted like a bollix that he has at least learned a lesson and won't carry on any of that sh1te while at ManUtd.

Sorry, I'm not trying to hijack the discussion. My angle is that Jose didn't go nuts at Chelsea and implode. He was a victim of chaos caused by others.

*The fact that I love the man may be clouding my judgement.

A translation of what Gianluca Di Marzio has on his website:
    Pogba and Real Madrid , not just a suggestion. The Merengues are serious for the star players ofJuventus : a few days ago there was a meeting in Monaco between Raiola and Real, in which were made ​​the first talks on the contract. Real it has proposed a five-year to approximately 9.8 million per season, Raiola has wondered 12/13: figures that would stagger anybody and that Pogba (which still would remain in Turin voltentieri) would evaluate. Still no meeting, however, between the two companies. It is also of interest to record a shy Manchester United , which is not yet, however, resulted in contact with Juventus or with the player. Pogba, Juventus, Real Madrid: a European protagonist in the background, the future is yet to be written.

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/741023016478466048

United should just offer a high wage and put Madrid under pressure.
    ESPN and Di Marzio have slightly conflicting stories, but the same two teams mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I actually think Pogba might struggle adapting back to the PL. He's worth the risk but he's drifted backwards in the last year, maybe due to the expectation, but it's clear he wants out and he's willing to wait for Real Madrid to step in. I don't think we need to play this game all Summer with Pogba. His agent said he prefers Barca or Madrid and Barca don't seem to be interested. Matic seems to be a bizarre target too. Can't understand the reasoning behind trying to sign him at all. I'd rather we tried to sign Kante if he wants another player to sit back.

Please don't laugh, but the other thing that the taxi man was adamant about was Jose being in for Gary Cahill.

Bullsh1t I reckon.

• Advertisement

Please don't laugh, but the other thing that the taxi man was adamant about was Jose being in for Gary Cahill.

Bullsh1t I reckon.

Yes, like how he pronounces his surname.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

On Depay, if he turned up to training in Trotter's three-wheeler I wouldn't care.

What is unforgivable is he looks scared of getting a kick and pulls out of challenges. The worst being the Schmeichel one at OT. Shouted chicken at the telly that day, he'd decided he wasn't going for the ball long before it even became a 50/50.

Not having that, I'm sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Back to Memphis I heard the reason he was dropped for the cup final was that he gave the (Filthy) boots to the security guard at Carrington and told them he wanted them clean for tomorrow which Lvg got wind of and lashed him for it and dropped him for the cup final, could be bs but have heard other true stories from the same lad before...

On Depay, if he turned up to training in Trotter's three-wheeler I wouldn't care.

What is unforgivable is he looks scared of getting a kick and pulls out of challenges. The worst being the Schmeichel one at OT. Shouted chicken at the telly that day, he'd decided he wasn't going for the ball long before it even became a 50/50.

Not having that, I'm sorry.

Reminds me of a certain Argentina we signed who never got to gribs with the league, went down soft 100% of the time and essentially lost his place to young even with the manager trying to find a spot for him in the team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

markc91 wrote: »
    Back to Memphis I heard the reason he was dropped for the cup final was that he gave the (Filthy) boots to the security guard at Carrington and told them he wanted them clean for tomorrow which Lvg got wind of and lashed him for it and dropped him for the cup final, could be bs but have heard other true stories from the same lad before...

Just from looking the the pictures you'd know that's not true, the boots are spotless

http://www.express.co.uk/pictures/sport/6242/Memphis-Depay-Manchester-United-football-boots-security-guard-sportgalleries/Memphis-Depay-gives-a-security-guard-his-boots-136163

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Juan8 wrote: »

Just from looking the the pictures you'd know that's not true, the boots are spotless

http://www.express.co.uk/pictures/sport/6242/Memphis-Depay-Manchester-United-football-boots-security-guard-sportgalleries/Memphis-Depay-gives-a-security-guard-his-boots-136163
    Looks more like he gave him the boots as a present?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

With Ronaldo shuffling along over the hill at the wrong side of 30, could it be that Pogba could be our perennial returning star....who never actually returns?!!

There's a gap in the market....and many contracts to be negotiated...

The money quoted for him sounds outlandish to me from what I have seen of him, at that price you should be looking at a Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez, Messi type player....someone who is guaranteed goals and lots of them.

I'd prefer to spend 80m on 2 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

ericzeking wrote: »
    With Ronaldo shuffling along over the hill at the wrong side of 30, could it be that Pogba could be our perennial returning star....who never actually returns?!!

There's a gap in the market....and many contracts to be negotiated...

The money quoted for him sounds outlandish to me from what I have seen of him, at that price you should be looking at a Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez, Messi type player....someone who is guaranteed goals and lots of them.

I'd prefer to spend 80m on 2 players.

What two players though, hes a fantastic talent just not one you can judge on goals and €80 million might get us Ronaldo but it wouldn't get us any of the other 3 you have listed. The way moneys moving in football 80 million for Pogba isn't really shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Reminds me of a certain Argentina we signed who never got to gribs with the league, went down soft 100% of the time and essentially lost his place to young even with the manager trying to find a spot for him in the team...

That's not how a saw the whole affair .. but to each their own.

• Advertisement

ah now, i know he has a bit of an attutude, but there is no way he did that. He gave them to the security guard as a gift. Brand new as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement