Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

But there was no smoke without fire right?

I said repeatedly that De Gea was most likely innocent and I clarified what I meant by that.

De Gea had been texting the girl, that's the smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I said repeatedly that De Gea was most likely innocent and I clarified what I meant by that.

De Gea had been texting the girl, that's the smoke.

Sounded like backtracking to me old friend...

bangkok wrote: »

Haha, I can only imagine your reaction if that came out nowadays. I'm sure you would have defended him in the same manner as you tried to defend De Gea yesterday.

Sounded like backtracking to me old friend...

Read my posts on the matter from yesterday. I explicitly stated he was most likely involved in some way with the girl, why else would his name have come up? If those conversations are real then it turns out I was correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

wtf, you take 2 quotes from yesterday and one that i wrote today to suit your agenda.

i wrote approx 10 reply's yesterday to poster's that were saying de gea deserved to be locked up, he was a scumbag, he deserves everything that comes to him, he was cheating on his girlfriend by looking at videos, he was involved in an underage sex prostitution ring and many more.

i was defending the man and after only a small bit of research yesterday that anybody could have done, it was fairly clear de gea had nothing to answer for.

if that makes me an idiot then so be it

You were defending DDG by victim blaiming; by doubting that somebody could be threatened over the phone and by questioning why the victim didn't go to the police earlier. You also said that there was nothing in it as far as DDG was concerned, immediately after quoting a line that said he had used physical threats to make a girl have sex with his friends. That is absolutely disgusting. And now you don't even understand why people are disgusted with you. You are a fùcking simpleton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Could we give it a rest on the De Gea stuff. There's a tournament on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I'd do a ninja edit there Pro F before the mods arrive on the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I'd do a ninja edit there Pro F before the mods arrive on the scene.

Meh. If you can't discuss things without resorting to name calling you should take it on the chin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pro. F wrote: »
    You were defending DDG by victim blaiming; by doubting that somebody could be threatened over the phone and by questioning why the victim didn't go to the police earlier. You also said that there was nothing in it as far as DDG was concerned, immediately after quoting a line that said he had used physical threats to make a girl have sex with his friends. That is absolutely disgusting. And now you don't even understand why people are disgusted with you. You are a fùcking simpleton.

no i was defending him as there was ZERO evidence to show he had done anything wrong.

i wouldnt like you to be called up for jury duty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,855 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Could we give it a rest on the De Gea stuff. There's a tournament on.

This... I know it's the United thread but if DDG has done wrong and there is substance to these allegations then the authorities will have their say and he will have his too in interview and also in court if it came to that. He doesn't have a track record of being a bad guy at least in public that we all know of so to me lambasting him without seeing full facts or letting the situation play out at least at this point isn't great in my opinion...

Strumms wrote: »
    This... I know it's the United thread but if DDG has done wrong and there is substance to these allegations then the authorities will have their say and he will have his too in interview and also in court if it came to that. He doesn't have a track record of being a bad guy at least in public that we all know of so to me lambasting him without seeing full facts or letting the situation play out at least at this point isn't great in my opinion...

He's hardly a nice guy in public, I'm sure we all remember the doughnut incident ;)

He's hardly a nice guy in public, I'm sure we all remember the doughnut incident ;)

If it was chocolate I'd let it slide... those yummy bastards are addictive and delicious... I'm often tempted myself :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

What exactly did Bangkok do wrong? I didn't see any of the posts but if he was defending De Gea based on the evidence so far then I would have absolutely no issue with that. The texts I've seen so far show absolutely nothing to indicate that the woman was being intimidated at all.

I'm also not going to take a pimp's word for De Gea involvement in this. The only evidence so far against De Gea is from a man who abuses and forces underage girls into prostitution, unless I've missed something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

glued wrote: »
    What exactly did Bangkok do wrong? I didn't see any of the posts but if he was defending De Gea based on the evidence so far then I would have absolutely no issue with that. The texts I've seen so far show absolutely nothing to indicate that the woman was being intimidated at all.

I'm also not going to take a pimp's word for De Gea involvement in this. The only evidence so far against De Gea is from a man who abuses and forces underage girls into prostitution, unless I've missed something?

looking back on posts, the worst thing i said was, "here was a girl going to a hotel to meet 2 people she never met before to have sex with. classy"

sorry for saying that but some of the stuff being thrown at de gea was laughable. he was involved in underage sex trafficking and stuff.

anyway, wont dwell on that anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

looking back on posts, the worst thing i said was, "here was a girl going to a hotel to meet 2 people she never met before to have sex with. classy"

sorry for saying that but some of the stuff being thrown at de gea was laughable. he was involved in underage sex trafficking and stuff.

Maybe a bit of dwelling on some of your opinions yesterday would not be the worst thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hey lads
    Been sick for the last week
    What have I missed??

brinty wrote: »
    Hey lads
    What have I missed??

Mick loves tournaments but isn't allowed to comment on transfers unless he has scouted the player 20 times, Mars Bar likes me more then him though because she replied to my post over his.

Thats basically it for the past few days dont think I missed anything

O sorry Fellaini dyed his hair blonde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Hey lads
    What have I missed??

Run for the hills Brinty and don't look back.

Mick loves tournaments but isn't allowed to comment on transfers unless he has scouted the player 20 times, Mars Bar likes me more then him though because she replied to my post over him.

Thats basically it for the past few days dont think I missed anything

O sorry Fellaini dyed his hair blonde

Goddammit Mick don't you know the rules about scouting players on YouTube and FIFA/proevo etc...

MarsBar loves you but not as much as she loves me

Blonde Fellaini,love it,g'wan the big man

Run for the hills Brinty and don't look back.

That good
    Woo-hoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone else get the feeling there's a few more multi-account users here lately :/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sorry to go back to this but I think you may have missed something when you read back.

Posting this:
    According to this early reports, De Gea did not assault the women but told her to have sex with his teammates and used physical threats to convince her."

Immediately followed by this:
    nothing in it as far as de gea is concerned

Upset people.

The post looked like you were saying threats are okay. You probably meant something else but it looked bad when posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

That good
    Woo-hoo

it's gonna be a bumpy ride

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anyone else get the feeling there's a few more multi-account users here lately :/

Seems like there's been a few bans looking at todays threads, they'll be picked up quick thankfully. If your suspicious then report it, better safe than sorry. The quicker they caught the less likely to re-register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

See couple regulars taking there summer hollidays on off season ;)

Hey lads
    What have I missed??

i love fellaini

Just the usual old pal ;)

hope brinty is feeling all better

Bale is some man for one man

jayo26 wrote:
    hope brinty is feeling all better

Better now dude
    I'll manage

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I would happily let Real Madrid have Pogba if they would sell us Bale (hoping he wants to return to the UK).

Bale plays very centrally for Wales, and I think if he was to move that is where he would like to play - attacking midfield.

Better now dude
    I'll manage

Good good hope you drank loads of 7up ;)

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    I would happily let Real Madrid have Pogba if they would sell us Bale (hoping he wants to return to the UK).

Bale plays very centrally for Wales, and I think if he was to move that is where he would like to play - attacking midfield.

We can always dream but similarly bale is living his dream he is a madrid fan he is one of their key players and he is winning trophies and ronnie be gone in another year or two he has a chance to be a legend at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

no i was defending him as there was ZERO evidence to show he had done anything wrong.

i wouldnt like you to be called up for jury duty.

That's different, but not how it read in your OP. "Nothing in it for as far as DDG is concerned" can be applied in that case if you were just referring to evidence. How it read though, was that you were saying that if all he did was threaten a girl with violence to have sex with others, well then he had nothing to worry about. Would love to give you the benefit of the doubt here if you just meant the former.

However, a lot of your posts were just coming across wrong and I'm talking about the glimpse into your train of thought on some things, rather than anything to do with DDG's innocence or facts of the case - For instance, "why didn't the girl just phone the police?" That presents a very simplistic, ignorant view of the world where a trafficked girl can just walk into a police station, report her woes, and then the police whisk her away to a safe haven until her wrong-doers are brought to justice in a court of law. Doesn't happen like that unfortunately, within hours the girl would be back out on the streets and accessible to her pimps or 'owners', in many cases going right back to them because they simply have nowhere else to go. These are girls who are detached from their homeland from an early age. Families or any kind of helpful personal network who could pull them out of the situation and give them shelter/help have long gone for whatever reason. Anyone who 'cares' about them, does so because they see these girls as a means to print money. The girls don't have a small stash of money and a passport sitting in a lock-box so that they can just get out of town, many of them probably don't even have passports. Just phoning the police isn't a realistic option, no matter how easy it can be to write it from the comfort of a keyboard in a safe place miles away by distance and reality.

"Going into a hotel room with 2 guys...classy" - Among consenting adults, there should be no problem here. If there is a problem in someone's opinion, why is the light of shame automatically cast on the woman rather than the man/men? In this case though, they weren't all consenting adults, it appears she wasn't fully. So casting the light of shame on the woman in this instance is even more baffling.

Stuff like that is why I had a problem with your commentary on proceedings yesterday. If it was some random poster who just drifted in and was trying to create shít, I wouldn't blink an eye. For better or worse though, you are part of this thread and do contribute a lot so rather than just thank a few posts on the side that called out your comments and move on, I'm letting you know as briefly as I can why I think your train of thought here is wrong.

You didn't kill anyone though...could be worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

jayo26 wrote: »
    Bale is some man for one man

Was a nice goal alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Was a nice goal alright

Thought the keeper was ****in horrendous for it!

Couldnt comprehend any other way only keeping darmian. New season and more settleted its the case for majority of the players.

astradave wrote: »
    Thought the keeper was ****in horrendous for it!

The free kick was hit with so much power he didnt get a chance to adjust his feet. He thougjt he was going to curl it over the wall and again he reacted it was past him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Anyone notice Bale seems to be covering up a Zidane-like bald spot on his crown?

I have to feel sorry for people on tv trying to disguise parts of themselves they are embarrassed about cause the cameras pick up everything. He had the ear surgery so I'd say there'll be a hair transplant on the cards in the near future for him if he wants to do it.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Anyone notice Bale seems to be covering up a Zidane-like bald spot on his crown?

I have to feel sorry for people on tv trying to disguise parts of themselves they are embarrassed about cause the cameras pick up everything. He had the ear surgery so I'd say there'll be a hair transplant on the cards in the near future for him if he wants to do it.

You sound like my wife ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Delighted if the news about darmian is true. He has shown glimpses of real quality imo and with a new manager deserves a shot.

glad to hear we are keeping Darmian. He had a very solid start to his United career. Think he had a bit of an injury and one howler of a game against who I can't recall and seemed to loose some confidence, which wasn't exactly flowing through the squad as a whole anyway...

jayo26 wrote: »
    You sound like my wife ;)

No I don't.

On another matter, you do realise that the dishwasher doesn't unload itself don't you?

How long does a red card get you on this forum?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

With the Euros charter currently in place, a month.

Though, lads, any mod questions, maybe PM a mod to ask them rather than going way off topic on here :)

A month all inclusive i think.

• Advertisement

ProF will be allowed return on the 21st of June, it's a 10 day ban.

Source: I clicked on the red card on the offending post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He may as well get face surgery to look like Ronaldo and get the whole thing over with.

• Just read back a few pages. I can understand Posters debating issues on the de gea story no problem but really annoys me when things like reverting to name-calling / belittle of posters ect and there are groups who just do this all over the forum
    Summer transfer thread was my latest experience of it
    Sorry TSC if it's off topic but was bugging me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Glad I cashed out on wales game.

Delight Darmian is staying.

I would think Rojo will be gone soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Can I ask a favor of someone. Can anyone please quote my last post in this thread.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057606421/9/#post100001358

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement