Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Jayop wrote: »
    Can I ask a favor of someone. Can anyone please quote my last post in this thread.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057606421/9/#post100001358
    Done m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Cheers lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

England missed a trick, they have Harry Kane taking corners when Phil Jones is back at home and injury free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,855 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

RobertKK wrote: »
    England missed a trick, they have Harry Kane taking corners when Phil Jones is back at home and injury free.

He isn't.. he tried to tackle the washing up last night and dislocated his shoulder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

England looking very Strong

Smalling and Rooney playing well

• Polo_Mint wrote: »
    England looking very Strong

Smalling and Rooney playing well

Rooney very impressive in midfield so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

What do we think jose will do with him? number 10?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 The Force Within

I think we are going to see what has been called for years and Wayne moved a cm role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Done m8

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Rooney off

Mr injury on

• Advertisement

• GSPfan wrote: »
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Brilliant.

Couldn't help myself :)

Rooney has been very good in midfield. All it takes is for Rooney to finally accept he wants to play midfield and it will work.

I'm supporting England as long as i enjoy watching them and the media/fans dont annoy me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,348 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

GSPfan wrote: »
    Rooney has been very good in midfield. All it takes is for Rooney to finally accept he wants to play midfield and it will work.

I'm supporting England as long as i enjoy watching them and the media/fans dont annoy me.

Yeah thats all it will take.

Won't need to work on his touch, awareness, tracking, tackling, short passing or game intelligence at all....

Rooney in midfield is a mistake, pinging 50 yard balls to the wing doesn't make you a midfielder.

Yeah thats all it will take.

Won't need to work on his touch, awareness, tracking, tackling, short passing or game intelligence at all....

Rooney in midfield is a mistake, pinging 50 yard balls to the wing doesn't make you a midfielder.

What does it take to get you to say something nice? Its Saturday night and football is on the tele. Lets be cheerful.

GSPfan wrote: »
    What does it take to get you to say something nice? Its Saturday night and football is on the tele. Lets be cheerful.
    I just don't think Rooney is that good a central midfielder and if a team wants to win an international competition (or the league) you need a more natural, and better, central midfielder.

I just don't think Rooney is that good a central midfielder and if a team wants to win an international competition (or the league) you need a more natural, and better, central midfielder.

Thats fair. I think he will do well this season though if he plays there but I wouldn't put money on it. I'm just hopeful. We are stuck with him and he will play so I'd rather him in midfield than up front now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I thought Rooney was excellent. By far their most important player today going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

England collapsed when Rooney went off;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

stankratz wrote:
    ProF will be allowed return on the 21st of June, it's a 10 day ban.

What... sure ProF us one of the most placid of posters on here..

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    What... sure ProF us one of the most placid of posters on here..

and quite tolerant of views as expressed that might be different to his own. Is also certainly constructive in his posting style especially when not in agreement, is light years away from bordering on uncivil.. and seems like a really nice sort of guy really... I'd like to have a pint with him one day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I just hope we dont miss out on signing an experienced cm player to accomodate rooney with a place in the team

What system will Jose play.. isn't he known for more of a flat 4-3-3 setup ? If he goes that way I'd imagine he will drop Rooney back.. Cant see him being played wide of the front 3 and if as is heavily rumored Zlatan is coming, he wont be here to sit on the bench and neither will Rooney so I'd imagine he will drop back into CM as a playmaker in the Scholes vein

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Strumms wrote: »
    What system will Jose play.. isn't he known for more of a flat 4-3-3 setup ? If he goes that way I'd imagine he will drop Rooney back.. Cant see him being played wide of the front 3 and if as is heavily rumored Zlatan is coming, he wont be here to sit on the bench and neither will Rooney so I'd imagine he will drop back into CM as a playmaker in the Scholes vein

I constantly feel that it's insulting to Scholes when compared so often to Rooney, cause it's like saying Scholes was best known as an older midfielder who could do long diagonal passes. Scholes was far, far, FAR more than what Rooney looks able to contribute in midfield.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I constantly feel that it's insulting to Scholes when compared so often to Rooney, cause it's like saying Scholes was best known as an older midfielder who could do long diagonal passes. Scholes was far, far, FAR more than what Rooney looks able to contribute in midfield.

I was comparing the role rather then ability as it stands. I would agree Scholes by far the better player, in that position and overall.

It's a valid question though.. It's either midfield or he gets sold as I cannot imagine the Rooney of this era being very effective in a wider position of a front 3. I think he could do an excellent job as a CM and could adapt to that position.

Edit : i'll also say that I wouldn't be surprised to see a mini revival of form under Jose. They both admire each other a lot, Jose has tried to sign him a couple of times and with the shackles of LVG off and Jose's style things could work out quite nicely for Rooney...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Everyone has probably seen it a million times before but the movie United just started Afew mins ago on tv3 now.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Yep, Scholes was one of the best midfielders ever.

Rooney can play an eye-catching pass long or clipped like Scholes could, but there was so much more to his game than that - which Rooney doesn't come close to.

In games we dominate Rooney could look very good, but in games against better sides? Rooney won't get the time or space on the ball he would need to impress.

United just started on TV3

No way Jose plays Rooney in midfield next year.......

Strumms wrote:

Isn't Jose more a fan of 4-2-3-1.. so Rooney in the middle of the three seems most likely... he can drop back into the two and spray it about but also join the 10 when needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,641 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No way Jose plays Rooney in midfield next year.......

No way Jose

No way Jose

No waaaaaay Joooose

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »
    No way Jose

No way Jose

No waaaaaay Joooose

....and now I am samba dancing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Am i the only one that never knew there is a film about the busby babes? First i heard of it lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Am i the only one that never knew there is a film about the busby babes? First i heard of it lol

yeah its a pretty decent watch, Jack O'Connell is very good as Sir Bobby. David Tennant plays Jimmy Murphy in it

You can get it in HD on exodus ;)

jayo26 wrote:

Wasn't widely acclaimed so you're probably not the only one kid
    Have it recording to watch again.

astradave wrote: »
    yeah its a pretty decent watch, Jack O'Connell is very good as Sir Bobby. David Tennant plays Jimmy Murphy in it

You can get it in HD on exodus ;)

Yeh first thing i did was add it to my favourites when i seen id missed start of it. Ill watch it fresh another night. Be lost without exodus ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Not sure if already posted. Enjoying Jose pics.

352ADFA500000578-0-Jose_Mourinho_prepares_to_watch_England_s_opening_game_of_Euro_2-a-94_1465682337545.jpg
    With the caption - 3 matches in a row, the sofa is gettig tired of us.

Wonder did he spot any potential new signings.
    I'm sure he saw that free kick that the Wales player scored. Looks like he has some potential...eh Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

astradave wrote: »

He'll need stitches with so many hats in his ring.:pac:

zerks wrote:
    He'll need stitches with so many hats in his ring.

Saucy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Strumms wrote: »
    and quite tolerant of views as expressed that might be different to his own. Is also certainly constructive in his posting style especially when not in agreement, is light years away from bordering on uncivil.. and seems like a really nice sort of guy really... I'd like to have a pint with him one day....

I've dreamed of such a meeting. What a beautiful day or night it would be!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Rooney was excellent tonight should never have been taken off

bangkok wrote: »
    Rooney was excellent tonight should never have been taken off

Your vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Times (Duncan Castles) reported that Madrid have till Wednesday to activate the clause and it expires on Wednesday.

Duncan Castles is writing lot of positive articles/tweets on United since Jose was announced as manager.

https://twitter.com/writtenoff_mufc/status/741892439032639488

I guess De telegraff is no longer the main source of United stories...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Right lads I'm off o France, anyone heading over have great trip.

Hopefully Jose sorts out another transfer or two while over.

Now where me Plastic Hammer before I go:pac:

Are you bringing the horse over for the Kerry brethren

Have a good one Kew

COYBIG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

brinty wrote: »
    Are you bringing the horse over for the Kerry brethren

If it can fit in bag I will Brinty :pac:

• Right lads I'm off o France, anyone heading over have great trip.

We might cross paths!
    Safe journey!

• Advertisement

If it can fit in bag I will Brinty :pac:
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    We might cross paths!
    Safe journey!

Ye going for the three group games lads?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement