Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The sun shines on a dogs arse sometimes,there are countless instances of his aimless diagonal passes when a more dangerous through ball or even a shot are the logical options.He is turning into Stevie G with that sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

TheDoc wrote: »
    Not sure if that's trying to debunk me but just agrees with my point. Villa and Bournemouth.

Rooney is a quality player. And against poor teams who sit off he will do well. Like last night with Russias second choice midfield.

It's against better teams ill question how it will work.

Your point was those passes were pointless, nothing about the quality of opposition it's against. You may recall that it was the likes of Villa and Bournemouth that United struggled against last season. How many other goals did United score against Villa at OT last season? In fact Bournemouth beat United last season, a match I think Rooney was injured for. What did our other midfielders offer that day? United won't be playing Barcelona every week next season either.
    zerks wrote: »
    The sun shines on a dogs arse sometimes,there are countless instances of his aimless diagonal passes when a more dangerous through ball or even a shot are the logical options.He is turning into Stevie G with that sh1t.

Give some examples of those countless instances so. Easy to look back at the replays from the armchair and say what should have been done isn't it? People seem to have forgotten the last 2 seasons very quickly. A lot of the time those diagonal passes are exactly what's needed, yet they will be filed under "Hollywood passes" and used as yet another silly stick with which to beat Rooney. Part of the reason United were so unbearable to watch under LVG was the countless, pointless, short sideways and backwards passing. God forbid someone would (a) pass it out wide into space and (b) actually pass it forward in the process. Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe he is being instructed to play those passes?

He has made positive contributions as a midfielder on a number of occasions for United. In addition to his goal threat, it was him that made the goal line clearance against Everton in the FA cup semi final, and it was his run from deep that created the equaliser in the final. Let's forget that and bash him for those Hollywood balls though, just not the ones that actually led to United scoring. Honestly, Rooney just can't win with some people on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The problem with Rooney playing in midfield is he is generally fecking awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The problem with Rooney playing in midfield is he is not a midfielder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thats not true tho. As has been said before he has had more decent games in midfield then anything since he came back from injury. He has been pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Uh... Murinho just showed up on stage at E3 at the EA press conference... it was amazing... holy ****... HAHAHA

chupacabra wrote: »
    Uh... Murinho just showed up on stage at E3 at the EA press conference... it was amazing... holy ****... HAHAHA

Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That was very cringe with Jose on stage. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

G'man Bastian

• Advertisement

Schweinsteiger just scored a cracking goal he better do that for us next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

LVG's mate has just got the Germans's second goal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Love that man

Bastian's knee is cured,raced 80 yards and scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ozil and Bastian with slowest counter attacking goal ever. :pac:

zerks wrote: »
    Bastian's knee is cured,raced 80 yards and scores.

I didnt think he could run. I wonder was there a touch of rvp with him last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Schweinsteiger bombing forward to double a 1-0 lead late on. Louis Van Gaal just broke out in a cold sweat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,852 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That's something you never saw him do hardly under LVG.. having the licence to get forward and be a goal threat which he always was for Bayern... hope he gets a shot under Jose and can show is his real best, always loved him as a player and seems a good guy too...

I'd prefer watching that counter attacking goal next season than LVG's run forward a bit and then play 40 sideways passes.No wonder Bastian only played 20 odd minutes since March.

Strumms wrote: »
    That's something you never saw him do hardly under LVG.. having the licence to get forward and be a goal threat which he always was for Bayern... hope he gets a shot under Jose and can show is his real best, always loved him as a player and seems a good guy too...

He'd be like our Lampard.

Schweinsteiger looks very out of shape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No way is Jose getting rid of Basti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Schweinsteiger looks very out of shape

I thought the same when he was running to celebrate, looked like it was tough work. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

RobertKK wrote: »
    No way is Jose getting rid of Basti.

Exactly the kind of player that could be rejuvenated under him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Schweinsteiger ran further celebrating that goal than he has for Utd since he joined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

He runs a bit like yer man in Terminator 2 where his legs have been frozen with the liquid nitrogen and you expect his legs to start falling apart below the knee! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

irishchris wrote: »

Looks like Tony Pulis' cousin from America kicking it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Have to admit I saw Schweinstieger scoring and didn't get the warm glow I normally would if a United player scored in a tournament. Maybe next year if he plays regularly but I'm not felling the love yet.

Jose will not play Rooney as a 6 8 midfielder....

Bastian was injured for a good while recently seems to be in ok shape where as if it was Rooney he'd prob still be on the sausage diet he goes on when injured...

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »

That was some handy money for him ha. Wasnt that cringey it would of been worse if it was dentist hanging out of his mouth taking selfies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Bastian was injured for a good while recently seems to be in ok shape where as if it was Rooney he'd prob still be on the sausage diet he goes on when injured...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDa7Fliabos

Hardly the work of a man on a sausage diet. This actually was a major contribution to United winning their first trophy in 3 years and still "fans" of the club make such childish insults. Schweinsteiger does f*ck all for United all season, scores a decent goal in a game Germany had already won and is lauded for it and used as a example of what Rooney should be as if the FA cup final and semi final never happened. I don't understand it, I really don't.

Verrati would get me excited infairness class midfielder and perfect age and experience.

Hardly the work of a man on a sausage diet. This actually was a major contribution to United winning their first trophy in 3 years and still "fans" of the club make such childish insults. Schweinsteiger does f*ck all for United all season, scores a decent goal in a game Germany had already won and is lauded for it and used as a example of what Rooney should be as if the FA cup final and semi final never happened. I don't understand it, I really don't.

Couldnt agree more. Been my point all evening.

Anyone else rate krychowiak earlier i know he wasnt playing against great opposition but every time i see him play he is always calm and assured.

I didnt realise he was just back from a long lay off before the game my apologies, nice strawman if he wasn't mind.

I also didnt laud Bastian just said he looked fitter than what Rooney normally does from a long lay off.

Would this be the first time Madrid didn't get what they wanted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anyone else rate krychowiak earlier i know he wasnt playing against great opposition but every time i see him play he is always calm and assured.

Pure class, top 3 dm in the world, would walk into the Real team

Pure class, top 3 dm in the world, would walk into the Real team

Who would you rate as the other two? Im not looking to argue now im just wondering would you think along the lines of busquetes and khediera? I think 3 of them are the best dms personally.

Probably ha. I think de gea turned against madrid after last season he has seemed to back off straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

No.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Who would you rate as the other two? Im not looking to argue now im just wondering would you think along the lines of busquetes and khediera? I think 3 of them are the best dms personally.

-Busquets as much as I dislike his personality a clear number 1
    -Vidal
    -Krychowiak

I like Khedira but wouldnt rate him over those, Casemerio plays like he did this next season and he will close in on the top 3 I just think hes more a Xhaka level

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No.

Correct, one of the higher profile rejections was by Neymar.

• Advertisement

-Busquets as much as I dislike his personality a clear number 1
    -Vidal
    -Krychowiak

I like Khedira but wouldnt rate him over those, Casemerio plays like he did this next season and he will close in on the top 3 I just think hes more a Xhaka level

I wouldnt put vida as a cdm midfielder tho he be alot more attacking but i havent seen enough of him for bayern.

I wouldnt put vida as a cdm midfielder tho he be alot more attacking but i havent seen enough of him for bayern.

I was going to say the same about Khedira :D
    Vidal has to play a different role for Chile but in general his role is a defensive one, with a rocket of a shot that is

Also along the same line as i havent seen much of him but what has Khiedra done in the last 2 years to be considered top 3 in d world

Also along the same line as i havent seen much of him but what has Khiedra done in the last 2 years to be considered top 3 in d world

Its Just my opinion but he had a slow season with madrid didnt get in team much after wc due to injuries and joined juve made his debut end of September scored 5 goals this season and played very well for them too. He is definitely up there in the list for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

The problem with DM is the really good ones tend to end up as box to box CMs. I certainly wouldn't call Vidal a DM, he was one of the most offensive players at Juve and doesn't sit back for Bayern either.

Kante (at a push), Busquets, Gundogan would be who I would be looking at on recent seasons for top 3

Khedira didn't even play half the season for Juve this year

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement