Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

domrush wrote: »
    The problem with DM is the really good ones tend to end up as box to box CMs. I certainly wouldn't call Vidal a DM, he was one of the most offensive players at Juve and doesn't sit back for Bayern either.

Kante (at a push), Busquets, Gundogan would be who I would be looking at on recent seasons for top 3

Khedira didn't even play half the season for Juve this year

Gundogan more like a mini-Kroos than a dm

The problem with DM is the really good ones tend to end up as box to box CMs. I certainly wouldn't call Vidal a DM, he was one of the most offensive players at Juve and doesn't sit back for Bayern either.

Kante (at a push), Busquets, Gundogan would be who I would be looking at on recent seasons for top 3

Khedira didn't even play half the season for Juve this year

also you ignored the fact Gundogan has missed as much if not more time than Khedira with injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Trey13

Vidal and Khedira are nowhere near the top 3 DMs in the world.

I'd be looking at the likes of Modric, Busquets and Kroos as the 3 best currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

also you ignored the fact Gundogan has missed as much if not more time than Khedira with injuries

He's played far more league games in the past two years which I noted with 'recent seasons'

He's also much younger which I took into account in choosing, as with Kante

The lines between CM and DM can be blurred easily so obviously it's a very subjective topic

Trey13 wrote: »
    Vidal and Khedira are nowhere near the top 3 DMs in the world.

I'd be looking at the likes of Modric, Busquets and Kroos as the 3 best currently.

Modric and Kroos both showed they arent dm this year, they needed Casemerio to come in for them to show how good they were. CM yes, like omg yes. DM dear God no

He's played far more league games in the past two years which I noted with 'recent seasons'

He's also much younger which I took into account in choosing, as with Kante

The lines between CM and DM can be blurred easily so obviously it's a very subjective topic

Him being younger isnt relevant to his position in the game tbh.
    Kante has had a great season but maybe a bit quick to rank him at the top, but I wont disagree with him being there Id nearly say it myself.
    He hasnt though Gundogan has missed time each season through injury
    I dont agree with you, I think you can define a dm easily enough, a world class dm can play cm, a world class cm cant play dm, so players like Khedira/Kante/Viera/Keane can be classed as dm/cm players like Kroos/Modric/Scholes/Seedorf cant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Him being younger isnt relevant to his position in the game tbh.
    Kante has had a great season but maybe a bit quick to rank him at the top, but I wont disagree with him being there Id nearly say it myself.
    He hasnt though Gundogan has missed time each season through injury
    I dont agree with you, I think you can define a dm easily enough, a world class dm can play cm, a world class cm cant play dm, so players like Khedira/Kante/Viera/Keane can be classed as dm/cm players like Kroos/Modric/Scholes/Seedorf cant

He has though, read their stats for the past two seasons. Gundogan's also played more games in the past 5 seasons despite being not being in his prime unlike Khedira but Khedira had a tougher job making the Madrid starting XI than Dortmund obviously.

There's a reason Gundogan was just bought for 20 mil while Khedira was allowed to leave on a free. Can't really hold Khedira up as being less than injury prone, either he missed most of the past few seasons through injury or he wasn't good enough to make the starting team, either is proof enough to me he's not in the top three in the world at the minute. Anyway we'll agree to disagree.

He has though, read their stats for the past two seasons. Gundogan's also played more games in the past 5 seasons despite being not being in his prime unlike Khedira but Khedira had a tougher job making the Madrid starting XI than Dortmund obviously.

There's a reason Gundogan was just bought for 20 mil while Khedira was allowed to leave on a free. Can't really hold Khedira up as being less than injury prone, either he missed most of the past few seasons through injury or he wasn't good enough to make the starting team, either is proof enough to me he's not in the top three in the world at the minute. Anyway we'll agree to disagree.

I dont think Khedira is top 3, I like him but I think hes to injury prone hence why he was allowed to leave on a free, if he was 4 years younger and not at Madrid(A teal where reality doesnt exist, remember Beckham left on a free) he would have cost 20 easily

I do know Gundogans stats he played around 24 league games a season so pretty much has missed 10 games each year, my main point is hes not a dm for Dortmund Sven Bender and Castro play that role

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Khedira left on free because he rejected extension, not that Madrid didn't value him. They offered him contract but he his demands were too much for Madrid. They tried but Khedira didn't agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just gonna leave this here, for anyone who wants to know, United's pre-season tour starts with in China against Borussia Dortmund & Manchester City on July 22nd & 25th respectively, with the annual season curtain raiser of the Community Shield at Wembley against Leicester on the 7th of August.

Also fixtures for the 2016/17 season will be released Wednesday morning @ 9:00 am.

And the draw for the Europa League group stages being made in Monaco on August 26th, with the group games kicking off on September 15th through to December 8th.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_UEFA_Europa_League#Round_and_draw_dates

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Well that escalated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Modric and Kroos both showed they arent dm this year, they needed Casemerio to come in for them to show how good they were. CM yes, like omg yes. DM dear God no

Thanked because anybody who shows my project player Casemiro love will receive love in return from me :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Few reports circulating on Twitter that Galatasary have been given the green light to sign Antonio Valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

****ing sick of madrid chasing big dave

Honestly hope he snubs the ****ers. They just play dirty all the time when it comes to transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Yip Jaap Stam is a Reading man!

Reports saying he'll be annnounced as head coach at lunchtime today

Nalz wrote: »
    Yip Jaap Stam is a Reading man!

Reports saying he'll be annnounced as head coach at lunchtime today

I thougjt that was announced last week he just didnt do a presser but eitherways a tough job for him hopefully he be a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Antibac wrote: »
    Few reports circulating on Twitter that Galatasary have been given the green light to sign Antonio Valencia

I actually thought he played really well when he came back from injury in the last month or so. As close to a couple of years ago when he was in cracking form as he's gotten. I mean he even used his left foot a few times. So a pre-season with Jose couldn't hurt either.

I'd like him to stay around if he was happy to play a squad role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Antibac wrote: »

hope not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I actually thought he played really well when he came back from injury in the last month or so. As close to a couple of years ago when he was in cracking form as he's gotten. I mean he even used his left foot a few times. So a pre-season with Jose couldn't hurt either.

I'd like him to stay around if he was happy to play a squad role.

Good god no. He's an anti footballer now. Constantly slows the game down and looks to pass it back when he has an opportunity to go forward. Not to mention I scream constantly at the TV every time there is a very simple left footed pass to be made but he can't do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 G_Carty2016

GAA it better than soccer

Good god no. He's an anti footballer now. Constantly slows the game down and looks to pass it back when he has an opportunity to go forward. Not to mention I scream constantly at the TV every time there is a very simple left footed pass to be made but he can't do it.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who does this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

CNgZqbd.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I am simply talking about the final month of the season. I think he played very well in those games. Forget other games in recent years. He got a few crosses in which led to goals too.

I too had that opinion to an extent but he surprised me with how well he played. He's not the answer but he's a solution to covering a few issues in the squad if injuries/rotation arises. Now it could have been a purple patch but it's not like the squad is particularly enamored with experienced squad players is it?

Wrong forum buddy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

He set up some crucial goals, notably Rashford v Villa and the winner in the FA Cup final. I thought he often had an impossible job covering the entire right flank himself when Mata went walk about or just offered no support in attack or defence. Darmian, Varela and TFM all had the same problem on that right side because of the lopsided system LVG employed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

I am simply talking about the final month of the season. I think he played very well in those games. Forget other games in recent years. He got a few crosses in which led to goals too.

I too had that opinion to an extent but he surprised me with how well he played. He's not the answer but he's a solution to covering a few issues in the squad if injuries/rotation arises. Now it could have been a purple patch but it's not like the squad is particularly enamored with experienced squad players is it?

My issue with Valencia is the insistence on playing him as a RB. He should only ever be played there in an absolute emergency. His positioning can be very weak at times as a defender. I would have no issue with keeping him in the team, but play him in his natural position! If he's not showing enough in training to be a winger don't go shoehorning him in at RB.

Imagine going to all the bother of creating a new account and heading straight to the football forums to post that on a monday morning.

I thought you had to have garda vetting and permission to post in the football forums anyway.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    CNgZqbd.gif

That is nsfw infact its not safe for anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Would this be the first time Madrid didn't get what they wanted?

No, happen that shower of c#"+s last year too.
    #faxgate :-)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Imagine going to all the bother of creating a new account and heading straight to the football forums to post that on a monday morning.

I thought you had to have garda vetting and permission to post in the football forums anyway.

Open access has been granted for the Euros..

• Advertisement

ich bin ein ausländer

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Open access has been granted for the Euros..

Ahh that explains alot of stuff past week or so i wasnt aware of that. They should limit the threads but hownever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

C'mere and give us a hug. There, there, it'll be okay. C'mon now, let it all out, there's a good lad...

Ahh that explains alot of stuff past week or so i wasnt aware of that. They should limit the threads but hownever.

Close the Euro borders

Euros baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I was wondering the same with a lot of new posters, but there's a temporary charter for the Euros and it's a free access!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Trey13

Tony Valencia been a great servant to the club during times good and bad. Would be sad to see him leave, but I am hopeful that Darmian can come good and will make the right back position his own.

Great to see david de gea starting for spain

Trey13 wrote: »
    Tony Valencia been a great servant to the club during times good and bad. Would be sad to see him leave, but I am hopeful that Darmian can come good and will make the right back position his own.

I think darmian is better then valencia already the reason valencia was played before darmian is because lvg wanted all out attacking wingbacks but in jose system ypung or valencia should never get near right back or left back.

Great to see david de gea starting for spain

Happy for him, hopefully he puts in a good performance. I thought Del Bosque would cave and bench him with what's currently going on.

Kick off 2 or 1:45?

• Advertisement

Happy for him, hopefully he puts in a good performance. I thought Del Bosque would cave and bench him with what's currently going on.

Kick off 2 or 1:45?

2 mate all kick offs are 2,5 or 8.

Great been able work around the euros ha.

2 mate all kick offs are 2,5 or 8.

Great been able work around the euros ha.

Cheers jayo. Ha I left work early! Hopefully I make it home for kick off. I don't think I have actually seen De Gea play for Spain yet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

With all the Euro stuff,I didn't even know until 2 minutes ago that Jaap Stam is the new Reading manager.

good to see del bosque has came to his senses and started de gea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jaysus i think i picked the right week to take off :D

Is Dave our first starter at the tournament?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No, smalling.

If you dont count smalling and rooney and mcnair? Yep he sure is ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement

rooney, smalling, paddy mcnair

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement