Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

bangkok wrote: »

Being serious surely. Didn't even bother clicking any of them links but i'm guessing the general gist is they think he was Belgiums worst player or something? They can have that opinion if they like but my own was he was their best player, don't know who else people could make a case for really?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

looking forward to see Ronaldo and Portugal tonight, could be a tough night for them though

Yeah looking forward to that game too.
    The Icelandic people are a mixture of Irish and Scandinavian ancestry.

Normally I support Ronaldo, but hope our neighbours north of this island win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Be nice to get another transfer in, we made a good start but utd need to follow this up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

As a neutral, Fell was grand but his inability to contribute as an attacking force held the team back.

From an attacking sense, he seemed like he always does, a bit of a square peg in a round hole.

Saw this morning that 70% of his passes were backwards. That has a place but against a organised capable defence it's not really what you need.

KDB the worst though. Seemed as though he mentally lost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Headshot wrote: »
    Be nice to get another transfer in, we made a good start but utd need to follow this up now

Wouldn't expect much till July

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

gosplan wrote: »
    As a neutral, Fell was grand but his inability to contribute as an attacking force held the team back.

From an attacking sense, he seemed like he always does, a bit of a square peg in a round hole.

Saw this morning that 70% of his passes were backwards. That has a place but against a organised capable defence it's not really what you need.

KDB the worst though. Seemed as though he mentally lost it.

That's the thing though fellaini actually created chances and as tsc posted few pages back he created 7 chances for team mates only person to beat him so far is payet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Would be nice if we were in for him

https://twitter.com/MessiMinutes/status/742182558541156352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

astradave wrote: »
    The greatest thing there is that i don't even think you checked the last one, :pac: no Belgian player had a better rank than 6/10, Fellaini had 6/10 :D

You can't let people judge with their own eyes and opinions, instead you continuously try to force your view onto this thread, using Goal.com and hitc.com (wtf is that).. its ****in tiresome at this stage and you don't seem to get that, its one of the main reasons people don't take you seriously when you post decent stuff here.
    maybe its because he is a United player i was keeping a closer eye on him during the game last night and didnt think he was great, maybe he was the best player for belgium and they were all extremely poor

Even though you were watching him you wouldn't have been watching him objectively as you don't rate him anyway. I know personally if I don't rate a player it's very difficult to give credit where credit may be due and I would notice the negatives sooner than positives.

I do agree that Belgium were absolutely awful, they played like a team that never played together before.

He would be excellent for the right wing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bild saying Bayern are in for Ibrahomovic.

bild saying Bayern are in for Ibrahomovic.

Wouldnt be the end of the world if we dont get him I think.

I certainly wouldnt be that upset tbh

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/742672947706351616

United v Aliens in Independence day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wouldnt be the end of the world if we dont get him I think.

I certainly wouldnt be that upset tbh

I'd be annoyed, simply cause I want that winning mindset at United. But I have a worry that Bayern might be a significantly more attractive proposition for anyone at the moment :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd say this film tie ins are going to freak out the enthusiasts. Appreciate its commercial, getting some money in etc. And I'm pretty chilled about that sort of stuff, but even this is starting to make me cringe a fair bit.

What's wrong with just spamming a few posters and trailers of the ACTUAL movie. It's not like these blockbusters need actual endorsement by players to get some people going to it. Like who's sitting on the fence about Independance day 2, and sees Wayne Rooney in an ad and goes" having that"

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'd say this film tie ins are going to freak out the enthusiasts. Appreciate its commercial, getting some money in etc. And I'm pretty chilled about that sort of stuff, but even this is starting to make me cringe a fair bit.

What's wrong with just spamming a few posters and trailers of the ACTUAL movie. It's not like these blockbusters need actual endorsement by players to get some people going to it. Like who's sitting on the fence about Independance day 2, and sees Wayne Rooney in an ad and goes" having that"

The X-Men one got a tonne of publicity, even if it was "This ad is so bad...". It was all over the internet. So I guess they decided to go with the "No publicity is bad publicity" ideology, and are trying again.

• Advertisement

I saw one post on Twitter, they couldn't get into the champions league and they are suppose to be able to beat aliens.

Ibrahimovic said he knew where he was going well before this current Bild story.
    We just have to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

RobertKK wrote: »
    Ibrahimovic said he knew where he was going well before this current Bild story.
    We just have to wait and see.

so did Hazard..:p

Sky running a "breaking" story that Ibra will have his medical with us once Sweden are eliminated from the Euros, that the deal is 99% done and that United don't think there'll be any issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

just raises the profile of the film and Man Utd even more. Children all over the world seeing their favourite players fighting aliens. Match made in heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Depay turns up to a match in a Rolls and gets lambasted, these lads turn up in a freaking space fighter and no one says a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

0szXzGb.gif

Seen the post on twitter earlier about Bild and went on their website to have a look.. Couldn't find anything at all about it so I dismissed it out of hand.

Did anyone get a link to the actual story?

Seen the post on twitter earlier about Bild and went on their website to have a look.. Couldn't find anything at all about it so I dismissed it out of hand.

Isn't bild a subscription site for actual stories?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

just raises the profile of the film and Man Utd even more. Children all over the world seeing their favourite players fighting aliens. Match made in heaven.

I suppose I did idolise Cantona for smashing the devil, although on the flipside it made me totally question my religious beliefs.
    So Miss, was Jesus just **** at ball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Independence day 2 trailer is purely for kids, any adults getting bee's in their bonnets over it need to lighten the fvck up.

Glazers Out!

jayo26 wrote: »
    Isn't bild a subscription site for actual stories?

Ive never had to pay any subscription.. anyways I found a story on Sportsbild

http://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga/vereine/bundesliga/meine-bayern-geheim-gespraeche-so-lockt-ancelotti-zlatan-ibrahimovic-46285716.sport.html

seems that it is an opinion piece

Translation from Google so bear with it :P
    As might even Arnie Schwarzenegger be jealous . So wide and proud to Bayern president Karl Hopfner throws ( 63 ) in the chest when he congratulated about renewals Karl-Heinz Rummenigge ( 60 ) . Hopfner , pure breast technically more of a herring had , if he probably Hoeness again clears well before the next elections in November the place set an exclamation mark .

As Chairman of the Supervisory Hopfner was spokesman of the high-level nine-member committee , wanted Karl-Heinz Rummenigge ( 60 ) extended his contract as CEO ( since 2002 ) to of 2019. As long as most of the players are under contract . A year longer than Captain Philipp Lahm ( 32 ) - one of the favorites to succeed Rummenigge . The could teach him a year yet . If he does not feel himself pleasure , ran two or three years to hang .

The job is stressful. Recently he went to the reserves, as Uli Hoeness failed during his imprisonment. Rummenigge has grown in time. And yet glad that Hoeness is back, that he wants to explain in July after his holiday on the Cote Azur, he again fully engages in Bavaria.

At the moment it is quiet, Rummenigge flew to its picturesque thatched house on the North Sea island of Sylt. But completely off, you can not stop. Especially since the new coach Carlo Ancelotti last time drove back to the house of his wife into Canadian Vancouver - so do not notice that he may threading after consultation with Rummenigge assists a deal that would still irritate him greatly.

As veteran knows Ancelotti that after the final whistle gets going properly at the EC player trade. That it goes haywire. No one can give the guarantee him despite all the assurances that Robert Lewandowski but not go to Real Madrid. And - this is now not a rumor - there were discussions with Sweden live football monument Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Everything cleanly covered through consultants, so there is not too much turmoil, so that the suspicion falls immediately on the Bavaria or on Ancelotti.

Ancelotti had allegedly also tried two years ago to bring Ibrahimovic to Real Madrid. Not because I now for 7000sten time write the story that Ibrahimovic asked the Italian coach during which time at Paris St. Germain, "Do you believe in God" And when the affirmative, the long lanky model athlete said, "Well, then you think yes to me. "There must have been more amusing conversations between the two.

When I visited Ancelotti in February 2015, Real Madrid, he told this story by itself and also said why he has fallen: "Ibrahimovic is a very funny man. He jokes love, like kidding. But the image that people have of him is wrong ... "And then he waxed lyrical:" Like all great masters he is topprofessionell, a Winner type, a fighter. And a leader within the team. I believe that he is one of the few strikers, which likes rather to give a good pass than to score a goal. "

Then he'd yet fit to Bayern. Quite apart, that it is a supergiant attraction would for Munich, for the whole Bundesliga, for the football scene. The team is likely to be robust enough to absorb even a positive madman. They would even all of it also benefit, although he is already 34th

Ibrahimovic himself said recently at the launch of its new Sport Collection "A - Z": "I want to win the Champions League - and soon." Since hardly clubs not remain. Real Madrid will be Sturm Trio Bale - Benzema - not tear Ronaldo. Ronaldo is true even though President Florentino Perez sometimes attacked him violently as solid million guarantee in jersey sales. Perez wants him ends his career at Real. When FC Barcelona Ibrahimovic was, also are there Messi - Suarez - Neymar set. And Ibrahimovic is not stupid enough to fall for the sham of the English Premier League. Where a potential losers (Leicester) can be master - that says it all about the ailing state of the English football culture.

One can only Bayern. Although Ibrahimovic 1.5 million euros net will, mind you per month. Because he finally comes free, would expect that. Rummenigge is then often times need to take along with Hoeness to Sweden in the arm, look after him well. And if you grow this "Lord" over the head, or the age but gnawing at him, it may be that it is quickly gone. Assuming he has won the Champions League. "Then I sit down to rest in one place," said Ibrahimovic - "... where me no place."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Ive never had to pay any subscription.. anyways I found a story on Sportsbild

http://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga/vereine/bundesliga/meine-bayern-geheim-gespraeche-so-lockt-ancelotti-zlatan-ibrahimovic-46285716.sport.html

seems that it is an opinion piece

Translation from Google so bear with it :P

that's a friggin hilarious translation
    god bless google translate ;)

Fair play to you though Dave ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It's from sportbild, apparently not reliable paper.

I learn lot about European papers every transfer window.

brinty wrote: »
    that's a friggin hilarious translation
    god bless google translate ;)

Fair play to you though Dave ;)

I like the bit were he called the PL a sham because anyone can win it :pac: yup nothing like repetitive no contest that is the Bundesliga :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

FFS - we can't even sign NANI? #WoodwardOUT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

FFS - we can't even sign NANI? #Woodward JoseandMendesOUT.

FYP

FFS - we can't even sign NANI? #WoodwardOUT.

Never rated him anyway

This made me laugh.

Well the tie up with 20th century Fox works, as it does get people talking about United and the film when they do these advert trailers.

Felix Kroos, the brother of Toni Kroos has said Juventus want €120 million plus Kroos for Pogba.

The money is for Pogba to leave, Skybet odds for where Pogba will be next season:
    Real Madrid 7/5
    Manchester United 21/10
    Juventus 4/1

At that price let RM have him, but then it would be nice to get one over on them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Felix Kroos, the brother of Toni Kroos has said Juventus want €120 million plus Kroos for Pogba.

The money is for Pogba to leave, Skybet odds for where Pogba will be next season:
    Real Madrid 7/5
    Manchester United 21/10
    Juventus 4/1

At that price let RM have him, but then it would be nice to get one over on them...

That's crazy money for him. I think Real Madrid would be a complete disaster for Pogba. He's too inconsistent to step into that environment. He still needs to develop but Riaola will just take him wherever he gets the most money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Really hope Utd don't spend too much time pricking around trying to sign him. If he wants to sign great, if he's undecided and pimping himself to others then move on.

No chance this gonna happen. Sure paddy crerrand said he is positive ibrahimovic joining us...

adox wrote: »
    Really hope Utd don't spend too much time pricking around trying to sign him. If he wants to sign great, if he's undecided and pimping himself to others then move on.

I'm not too pushed either ways but sames as yourself prefer it to get done or not. I thought he wouldn't be announced until after euros incase of injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

If Zlatan signs for Bayern, I wouldn't want to see the reaction of a certain Lord..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    If Zlatan signs for Bayern, I wouldn't want to see the reaction of a certain Lord..

Why would Alan Sugar care? Are Spurs in for him too? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

In so many ways I see Zlatan as a perfect signing, but I would absolutely agree with Adox, if he is pissing about then just move on. No need to get into anything protracted for him. His agent is a piece of work so assume he will be happily stirring things up trying to get a better deal in any way he can from whoever, would be a surprising signing from Bayern unless its true that Lewandoski is off to Madrid.

Either way, if he is coming, brilliant, I'd be genuinely over the moon. If not, grand, move on quickly and don't let him take the piss.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

So it looks like Mkhitaryan could well be on his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Bret Hart wrote: »

?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

?

Raiola told the Bild:Manchester United should be interested in Henrikh Mkhitaryan."ManUnited is a unique opportunity, Micki wants to go there," said Raiola.

https://twitter.com/Fussballeck/status/742829418008182788

Mino Raiola, Mkhitaryan's agent, "Manchester United is a unique opportunity. Mkhitaryan wants to go there as soon as possible."

Bret Hart wrote: »

Do tell?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement