Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Feel physically sick after that

Draw good enough for city on Sunday now

Don't know what to say.bunch of cowards collapsing like that

I'm fuming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Quick somebody get on to Instagram so we can know how bad the lads feel and how hard they're going to try next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

We were **** from start to finish!!! Our goals in fairness especially our second came out of nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

no doubt LVG will say we were unlucky and can;t be expecting to beat West Ham

If I was in the press I wouldn't even ask him anything, he is delusional. At least he showed some passion at 1-2, he is a nice guy who tries his best but should be sacked tomorrow, I've never had such low expectations watching utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Any luck that spells the end for LVG now.

I don't think he will be sacked before the final though, hopefully mutual consent shortly after we lift the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Putting on uncharted 4

Night lads, hoping this gets LVG sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That minute after we scored the second was class tho. Second only to the minute after Evra scored against Bayern.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Martial is great. De Gea excluded, the rest of the team can **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

I hate the poxy Europa League.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Sickened. Felt jubilation when Martial scored his second. Feel gutted for him.

Herrera is shocking, spends half the time of his arse and the rest giving away cheap free kicks. I know most of our problems stem from Van Gaal but he adds nothing to the team.

Need to hope City lose now, fairly unlikely even if Swansea are in good form. What a downer all round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I'd rather not be in the Europa at all. Who knows Swansea might turn over Citee but we are where we deserve to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

3 attempts in 90 minutes, in a game that could determine our CL place, that's beyond words.

Apart from Martial not one player stepped up. Not one. Rooney did absolutely nothing. Valencia is utterly rubbish, one footed and brainless. Rojo is muck.

LVG and his utterly shíte "style" of football can fúck off into the sunset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Completely outplayed by an average team. Complete back 4, Herrera, Morgan all shocking. Blind is blind. No style of play. About 3 shots in the whole game.

Awful manager playing awful players because of awful squad management. There is surely no way he will be around next season. Surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

That's LVG gone almost certainly! Brutal stuff to watch...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

That minute after we scored the second was class tho. Second only to the minute after Evra scored against Bayern.

I completely agree. Nearly knocked a big monitor!

It's sad that a goal away to West Ham to get us a chance at fourth in the league is as celebrated as that goal in Munich :( .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Martial is great. De Gea excluded, the rest of the team can **** off.

I'm scared to think where we'd be in the league if not of those two. Probably see it in a few years though

So much investment into the team yet we look so below average against mediocre teams.

This football we play is toxic and sickening. We need LVG gone!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blind, Valencia, herrera, Schneiderlin 4 of the worst performance of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

titan18 wrote: »
    Valencia was such a crock of sh1te tonight. Multiple mistakes and two that led to goals, let Antonio go free for his header and gave away the free for Reid's goal. Considering how well Fosu Mensah was playing, it's pathetic he's starting for us.

It also once again shows up Van Gaal and his youth development, that Valencia and Rojo both go straight back into the team ahead of young lads who were actually doing well tells you all you need to know.

And Januzaj out of nowhere? What a crock of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

You'd swear we didn't know what to expect tonight. And we were still completely caught out by set pieces and balls into the box all night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Oxygen stealing thieves the lot of them tonight. Gutted about losing, but it would have been daylight robbery had we won that game. West Ham could easily have won 10-2 tonight and they didn't even have a lot of the ball.

The club is rotten to the core at the moment. The scouting and buying of players has been absolutely shambolic. The money wasted on Fellaini, Herrara, Mata, Di Maria and you see the likes of West Ham, Leicester and Spurs buying sensibly just makes me feel sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It also once again shows up Van Gaal and his youth development, that Valencia and Rojo both go straight back into the team ahead of young lads who were actually doing well tells you all you need to know.

And Januzaj out of nowhere? What a crock of ****.

But but but Debuts!!!! /sarcasm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

If Fellaini put in a performance as weak as Herrera tonight he'd be absolutely slated. Perhaps he hasn't been given enough of a chance, but he's never impressed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Mars Bar wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ManUtdStuff/status/730127153384169473

Jesse is a bit of a messer. Wouldn't be surprised if Jones got injured in that huddle.

This is absolutely disgraceful carry on by the players lying down acting the fukn dick. Lingard should be out on his ear. You wouldn't see a dog and duck team acting so childish. And this before the biggest game of the season. Muppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I don't blame the players at this stage, it's the way they have been managed for the past two seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

The worst thing is we all knew it could happen
    Gutless
    Spineless
    Shocking decisions
    Janujaz was a kamikaze substitute
    Just like Powell v wolfs burg
    No game time and call up from nowhere
    Valencia is not a right back
    Blind is not a Centre back
    Rooney a disgrace to this club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

irishfeen wrote: »
    That's LVG gone almost certainly! Brutal stuff to watch...

This has probably been said 20 + times this season. Not that I think you're wrong this time.. Just that the season as a whole has been awful. No direction and no reason for optimism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I wouldn't be sorry to see Rooney, Lingard, Rojo, Herrera, Valencia and Jones while we're at it follow LVG and Woodward out the door.

Schneiderlin and Mata need to be thrown down the pecking order.

It's a sad state of affairs given the amount of money we've spent that De Gea, Smalling, Shaw and Martial are the only players at the club currently that should be starting next year, at least on current form. And Smalling doesn't impress me as much as he does a lot of other people either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Depressing

Any chance Valencia and Rojo can stay at Upton Park for good,get them a job there in the new flats

There was far worse than Valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Last time I was this disappointed about a result was last day of 11/12 season..

I know it may be good thing long term, but I could never wish team to get beat.

When we went 2-1 up I went little crazy.

What a utter shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The club is in so much trouble and it seems totally oblivious to it.

A shambles. I don't know what else to say.

Fellaini was missed today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

If Utd win and City draw, Utd will still not quality. That is so sad.

I don't blame the players at this stage, it's the way they have been managed for the past two seasons.

I do, they knew what was needed (they get paid enough to bloody know) and they produce that muck. had we played like West Ham tonight and lost I would at least take some delight that perhaps we are moving towards attacking football, but what can you say about tonight?

Take Martial and De Gea out of our team and we would be closer to 18th than 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

such a shame to see United like this. Chasing 4th spot in the first place, but not to even get it now is woeful. We won the league not so long ago, how can it get this bad?

I think the players should be ashamed too. In two crunch games this year they bottled it. The first against Liverpool in the Europa League and tonight.

In a way its annoying that if we win the FA cup because it would put a gloss on Van Gaals reign.

Saying all this I still think to sack Van Gaal wouldnt be a good choice. Simply because he has changed the team around so much in to his own system. And who knows maybe a decent signing this summer would make us title challengers. I dont think we are that far off from challenging which is why I want Van Gaal in.

But nights like tonight in massive games; we need to show we can grind out results in these games. That for me is critical.

adox wrote: »
    The club is in so much trouble and it seems totally oblivious to it.

A shambles. I don't know what else to say.

You just know we are in for a summer of utter frustration as City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs strengthen yet again - all with quality managers.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Fellaini was missed today.

+10000000

We we're bullied all game.West Ham have some absolute beasts in their team and the only one on ours that could compete was Smalling. I could picture Fellaini intercepting West Ham's second and third goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Fuckin Fuck

deadybai wrote: »
    such a shame to see United like this. Chasing 4th spot in the first place, but not to even get it now is woeful. We won the league not so long ago, how can it get this bad?

I think the players should be ashamed too. In two crunch games this year they bottled it. The first against Liverpool in the Europa League and tonight.

In a way its annoying that if we win the FA cup because it would put a gloss on Van Gaals reign.

Saying all this I still think to sack Van Gaal wouldnt be a good choice. Simply because he has changed the team around so much in to his own system. And who knows maybe a decent signing this summer would make us title challengers. I dont think we are that far off from challenging which is why I want Van Gaal in.

But nights like tonight in massive games; we need to show we can grind out results in these games. That for me is critical.

He wants possession football, but we can't attack from it. Even when we take the lead our possession football goes out the window and we can't defend. He needs to go and take his system far, far away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Now that was shocking even for someone that's given up on us under Van Gaal many moons ago.

What player can hold their head up high there really other than Martial? That was pathetic.
    Anybody that thinks Daley Blind is a viable option at centre half in any situation other than a very last resort should consider following a different sport, the man doesn't know how to hold a line with his other defenders, it's quite laughable really.

Rooney should be ashamed of himself, this thing of trying hollywood balls all the time is egotistical if done well but plain stupid when done poorly which he tends to do. 40/50 yard raking balls can be very effective when used correctly as part of a mixture of passing as shown by Scholes Xavi etc. but trying pinging balls 30 and 40 yards to the wing everytime you get it is ridiulously easy for defenders to defend against. What was he at down in the corner near the end also? Was he trying to push one of the West ham players and fell over himself or what :rolleyes:?
    Herrera and Mata are 2 fan favourites and i like both myself but they've got free passes a lot of the time and both were pretty invisible again tonight barring Mata's nice work in the build up to the goal.

I'll not even bother with Shneiderlin and Valencia today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If Utd win and City draw, Utd will still not quality. That is so sad.

Nothing sad about it, Utd has their chance and f**ked it. Simples. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I am completely bewildered how anyone who has watched us this season can come to this conclusion. I'm sorry, I know an opinion is just that - an opinion - but you're so wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

edgecutter wrote: »
    I do, they knew what was needed (they get paid enough to bloody know) and they produce that muck. had we played like West Ham tonight and lost I would at least take some delight that perhaps we are moving towards attacking football, but what can you say about tonight?

Take Martial and De Gea out of our team and we would be closer to 18th than 4th.

It's what they have been told to do tactially. What they practice in training. Look at the set pieces for example shambolic. That should be organised on the training pitch. It clearly isn't.

No wonder that De Gea is our best player every game because Van Gaals tactics can't fcuk him up positionally or otherwise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

We are so far away from challenging at the moment, it's scary. One way of continuing that is to keep Van Gaal in charge.

What made this game even more un-enjoyable was the amount of City/ West Ham/ Liverpool fans in the match thread talking absolute s***e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Nope, absolutely not. This was a season of so many teams underperforming. Arsenal bottled, City went on holiday after Pep was announced, Chelsea imploded. It's the only reason we're as high as we are in the first place. Even if we had Ronaldo next season, we wouldn't win the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fcuking keep Van Gaal? Christ...anything to be said for another mass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

What made this game even more un-enjoyable was the amount of City/ West Ham/ Liverpool fans in the match thread talking absolute s***e

Ya all ****ing 5 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Really bad management got us here.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The story of the last two seasons has been thus:

mostly muck pock-marked by a couple of good results amd some optimism before normal service resumes.

Tonight was yet another night that normal service resumed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement