Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

th?&id=OIP.M0c8eec895db688c19b1d8a40494f25c1o0&w=219&h=297&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

Alli thinks himself a bit of a hard man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RobertKK wrote: »
    Hopefully Wales win and the Slovakia win their last game so we get our players back early.

Unfortunately France are looking good so pogba and griezman will be there a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Hopefully Wales win and the Slovakia win their last game so we get our players back early.

If the English fans do what they usually do we could have the English players back even sooner and maybe not have to worry about them going on international duty again for a few years. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

brinty wrote: »
    ohfriend.gif

Football friend!

Wow bale some power in that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Delighted Hart was caught out :D

Fu*k knows what he was at though

What ye making of Rooney's performance today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

joe hart shocking for that goal.

Need to get Lallana and Sterling off, Vardy, Rashford on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Part of me dies everytime I see him lob it out to the right wing.

Made one glaring bad pass that put his team under pressure but the team is set up terrible he is quite enough in fairness.

Sterling is not good enough in my opinion for all the talk of people saying city are set up so well and all the majority of their players look muck when under pressure have wasted lot of money too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Part of me dies everytime I see him lob it out to the right wing.

The trademark pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

The main reason Utd don't score from free kicks anymore is Wayne Rooney taking them and hoofing them into the stands.

Hearing the Welsh accents, I keep expecting Jonathan Davies to appear on BBC and the coverage to be the rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Those are Albanian fans from last night, but that really doesn't matter:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Korat wrote: »
    The main reason Utd don't score from free kicks anymore is Wayne Rooney taking them and hoofing them into the stands.

It baffles and infuriates me that he takes our frees, especially when Mata is on the pitch and even on the rare occasion that Memphis was on. We've much better free kick takers than him. He seems to believe his own hype and think he is a second coming of Paul Scholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Rashford is coming on

Here comes Rashford. Now I'm thorn. I want Wales to win but Marcus to get a goal :(

jayo26 wrote: »
    Here comes Rashford. Now I'm thorn. I want Wales to win but Marcus to get a goal :(

Rashford own goal, then it turns out he has a Welsh granny

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yeah

Want it to end 3-2 to Wales with Rashford scoring.

• Advertisement

Love to see Rashford score the winner

Rashford own goal, then it turns out he has a Welsh granny

He does http://rashfordhasawelshgranny.Co.uk

Fair play to rashers me oul mucker

Mars Bar wrote:
    Rashford is coming on

You may get him on your Jersey for next season dear ;)

Rashford is just pure class nothing is above him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Rashford is just pure class nothing is above him.

Played very well when he came on, not intimidated at all.

• Advertisement

Gaitan whom we have been linked to over the years (like Sneijder) has signed for Atletico Madrid.

Mkhitaryan is refusing to sign a new contract with Borussia Dortmund with United wanting to sign him, it is is reprted he wants to join United as his preferred destination, but Dortmund are blocking him from leaving given Gundogan and Hummels are leaving.

Maybe they are still upset over how bad Januzaj was for them...:P

I would love Mkhitaryan, he could be what Di Maria should have been for us...only for poor management and a burglary.

Mkhitaryan is refusing to sign a new contract with Borussia Dortmund with United wanting to sign him, it is is reprted he wants to join United as his preferred destination, but Dortmund are blocking him from leaving given Gundogan and Hummels are leaving.

Maybe they are still upset over how bad Januzaj was for them...:P

I would love Mkhitaryan, he could be what Di Maria should have been for us...only for poor management and a burglary.

I'll probably get shot for saying this but mkhitaryan is not as good as di Maria he is a very very good player but he ain't at the level di Maria was at for Madrid before he signed for us but he would definitely fix our right wing problem without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'll probably get shot for saying this but mkhitaryan is not as good as di Maria he is a very very good player but he ain't at the level di Maria was at for Madrid before he signed for us but he would definitely fix our right wing problem without a doubt.

He doesn't have to be as good as Madrid DiMaria, just better than the crappy United DiMaria.

Jayop wrote: »
    He doesn't have to be as good as Madrid DiMaria, just better than the crappy United DiMaria.

That's won't be hard. Bit of desire to be with United and he will be already ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

ldxVv6k.png

DiMaria was very good that season but Micky Ryans stats are nothing to be sniffed at, especially for us!

You make a fair point, but at least the noises are he wants to join United. One gets the feeling United was the only option for Di Maria, as they (RM) had James Rodriguez as their shiny new galactico.

Mkhitaryan had stats last season that would indicate he would have been ideal with Ibrahimovic upfront for us.
    I would love Bale for that position too, but he will likely sign a new contract with RM.

I had high hopes for Lingard, but he did not score the amount of goals I expected, but then maybe he will be much better under Mourinho?

Leroy Sane is an option, but we have enough young players, and a bit of experience is needed.
    Griezmann who can play wide, he says he play with the number 7 as he idolises David Beckham. United fans wouldn't mind taking the number 7 off Memphis...

You make a fair point, but at least the noises are he wants to join United. One gets the feeling United was the only option for Di Maria, as they (RM) had James Rodriguez as their shiny new galactico.

Mkhitaryan had stats last season that would indicate he would have been ideal with Ibrahimovic upfront for us.
    I would love Bale for that position too, but he will likely sign a new contract with RM.

I had high hopes for Lingard, but he did not score the amount of goals I expected, but then maybe he will be much better under Mourinho?

Leroy Sane is an option, but we have enough young players, and a bit of experience is needed.
    Griezmann who can play wide, he says he play with the number 7 as he idolises David Beckham. United fans wouldn't mind taking the number 7 off Memphis...

I'd focus on players that want to be here and want to join us.

For example Jessie ain't great yet but I'd much prefer him there now instead of di Maria that don't want to be here and he w9n us the fact cup final and had summer off he may come back a new player.

If mkhatryan wants to join us I'd say go all out to get him because he is a player we need.

Similarly griezmam has been talking in the press again today about idolizing David Beckham and it's why he wears number seven for France and Madrid if I was edd I'd be sending him what's app messages of Memphis jersey with his name photoshop on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The burglary thing was the biggest crock of ****. If any of us are broken into we at the best might get a day off to sort stuff out, be with the family and work with the cops and what not. Di Maria got broken into, **** happens. He can afford being a multi millionaire the best security systems, static guards / personnel protection , you name it. Likleyhood it wouldn't even come out of his own pocket and the club would cover it. No excuse for his performances for us. That said I'd have given him another season but he just clearly wanted out and didn't really want to be at United in the first place. Considering what we sold him on for, an expensive year for the club when you factor in what we paid for him, how little he contributed, his wages and the overall loss we made on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Strumms wrote: »
    The burglary thing was the biggest crock of ****.

I would suggest it had far more to do with the manager than the robbery.

Yep it's a pity he didn't come 2 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Unless Lingard vastly improves his finishing he won't be much better IMO. He works hard, is quick and does make some nice runs. His finishing is atrocious though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I agree... however it was annoying that it was trotted out in some quarters that it was an excuse or at least a big factor in why he left... and look whatever about the manager still believe he didn't want to be at United...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Smegball wrote: »
    Unless Lingard vastly improves his finishing he won't be much better IMO. He works hard, is quick and does make some nice runs. His finishing is atrocious though.

Any excuse, any excuse!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So Bild are saying that according to English sources we are after Draxler. Bild is pretty reliable so dunno why they would have it up on their main site without verifying something

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/vfl-wolfsburg/england-geruechte-um-draxler-46321198.bild.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

astradave wrote: »
    So Bild are saying that according to English sources we are after Draxler. Bild is pretty reliable so dunno why they would have it up on their main site without verifying something

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/vfl-wolfsburg/england-geruechte-um-draxler-46321198.bild.html

He is left wing...why would we even consider that?

Pheonix10 wrote: »

He is actually same as Marco Reus he is an inverted centre midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Didn't Bild say we had Gundogan signed last summer too?

Smegball wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nS9AM1QLhg

Pheonix10 wrote: »

He plays mainly on the left but he is one of the most 2 footed players around and can play and has played at no.10 and on the right wing..

God I hate Jessie's stupid celebration it's right up there beside sturridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

jayo26 wrote:
    God I hate Jessie's stupid celebration it's right up there beside sturridge.

Wouldn't be overly mad on a dab, but sturridges is a different level of ridiculous altogether.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Didn't Bild say we had Gundogan signed last summer too?

Pretty sure it was Sportbild that reported it, which is like the tabloid version and is less reliable as it deals with alot of rumors and such.. Bild is a more respected publication and would be more reliable.

From The Times
    José Mourinho has vetoed Ryan Giggs staying at Manchester United as his assistant because of fears that the Welshman could become a potential managerial rival.
    It is understood that Mourinho believes that Giggs distanced himself from Louis van Gaal and David Moyes at crucial times during their ill-fated spells in charge at Old Trafford, while the Portuguese is also wary of his close relationship with Paul Scholes, who was highly critical of United’s past two managers.

100% agree with Jose here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Giggs has been a great player and servant to the club but he's like an adult child that just won't fcuk off and get his own place but rather live rent free in his parents gaff. Definitely time for him to move on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement