Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ya Keane has final say on all Ireland subs :rolleyes:

Have you been drinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ya Keane has final say on all Ireland subs :rolleyes:

so you need to make subs now to point out that the opponent fullback has the equivalent of half of phoenix park to run into? :rolleyes: x2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Half time... Italy 0-0 Sweden

swedish-school-girls-hockey-fans-1024x770.jpg

bangkok wrote: »
    Half time... Italy 0-0 Sweden

swedish-school-girls-hockey-fans-1024x770.jpg

wayne-s-world-6-23-12-tigerdroppings-com-vpy7fk-quote.jpg

Nalz wrote: »
    so you need to make subs now to point out that the opponent fullback has the equivalent of half of phoenix park to run into? :rolleyes: x2

You have no idea if Keane was or wasn't aware your initial comment was silly. My response was sarcastic which you seemed to have missed?

Headshot wrote: »
    Have you been drinking?

What are you raving about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Here's me thinking something has happened but ohhh no its just bangkok posting disrespectful pictures of lovely ladies again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

You have no idea if Keane was or wasn't aware your initial comment was silly. My response was sarcastic which you seemed to have missed?

Rightio

jayo26 wrote: »
    Here's me thinking something has happened but ohhh no its just bangkok posting disrespectful pictures of lovely ladies again.

made sure there was a few topless fellas in the background for the ladies at well :p

• Advertisement

made sure there was a few topless fellas in the background for the ladies at well :p

Why sure the ladies are looking at the camera and not the fellas??? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What are you raving about?

ah you must of not seen his press conference

nm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Ibra deal cud be done soon with that Italian win :)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Why sure the ladies are looking at the camera and not the fellas??? :)

im vile

Not sure I'd be bothered with after that performance today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Looking forward to posts from people watching the two Sweden games claiming Ibrahimovic over rated and would be a waste.

Literally...cannot...wait

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Looking forward to posts from people watching the two Sweden games claiming Ibrahimovic over rated and would be a waste.

Literally...cannot...wait

in fairness, like i have said here before along with other people, he doesnt run the channels, can have a very bad attitude while playing, the city game in champions league was one of the worst games i have ever seen him play, but, he is a free transferso would be happy if he signed. not expecting much from him though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Long-term "target" Nico Gaitan has left Benfica for At Madrid :eek:

Was never overly impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The sun are linking United with a 12 million move for Azpilicueta, saying Conte is happy to sell. Thought he was very good for Chelsea under mourinho, didn't pay much attention to him last season. Maybe he was crap last season. Could be an excellent addition to the squad, predominantly a right back prior to his time at Chelsea, played left back mostly for them I think though. If he was signed I would hope it's as a right back. Shaw at left back, Azpilicueta at right back could be quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Probably already been said but good to see big Dave starting for Spain again tonight.

The sun are linking United with a 12 million move for Azpilicueta, saying Conte is happy to sell. Thought he was very good for Chelsea under mourinho, didn't pay much attention to him last season. Maybe he was crap last season. Could be an excellent addition to the squad, predominantly a right back prior to his time at Chelsea, played left back mostly for them I think though. If he was signed I would hope it's as a right back. Shaw at left back, Azpilicueta at right back could be quality.

Couldn't see anything happening he was their first choice left back for all of last season and even if they did want to sell 12 million would be a ridiculous low price he is a quality player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A bargain and a no-brainer at that price, so too good to be true

Would rather see fosu mensah develop as I think the lad is quality and we also have darmian there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lazy journalism linking Chelsea players to United, in reality none of them are going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Would rather see fosu mensah develop as I think the lad is quality and we also have darmian there.

Would rather see TFM develop in his natural positions in CB or DM. though having Dave & Darmian would be ideal, Darmian can cover across the back 4 and Dave can cover either flank

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/shamoonhafez/status/743906417464250369

#esp goalkeeper David de Gea has now gone 443 minutes without conceding, a new international record surpassing Gordon Banks

Note, this only includes "competitive" games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lord TSC wrote: »

#esp goalkeeper David de Gea has now gone 443 minutes without conceding, a new international record surpassing Gordon Banks

Over rated.

Over rated.

Hopefully Madrid agree with u haha.

I think we're safe for another year tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Ibra is finished IMO , cant stay onside ... look at his last 2 performances :) Morata would set the league on fire IMO :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Surprised Casillas doesn't have that record considering opponents hardly got a touch of the ball for much of his international career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Johner wrote: »
    Lazy journalism linking Chelsea players to United, in reality none of them are going to happen.

How many players has Mourinho signed twice? For someone who doesn't stay at clubs for a long time and who only works with high level players he doesn't seem to go back to his old clubs too often.

• Advertisement

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Ibra is finished IMO , cant stay onside ... look at his last 2 performances :) Morata would set the league on fire IMO :)

Have to say I agree with you totally gone

2chrk93.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

There are two Zlatans.

One scores 38 goals in the French league for the team that was so dominant it finished an incredible 31 points ahead of the 2nd place team.

The other looked a lot less threatening when faced with competitive international teams.

Considering all the factors, age, motivation, pace and intensity of the league, age, which Zlatan do you really think we are most likely to see should he come to United?

pudzey101 wrote: »

Hard to judge players in poorer teams lots of the main stars havent shown up this tournamnet, thought Ibra was better today... That being said who knows if we will actually sign him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Dont rate many French league defenders to be honest thats why he done so well in France , think hell be bossed around the PL . dont get me wrong he has good strength and strike of the ball . MLS or somewhere slow paced with less psychical players would suit .

Jayo you should do averages for stats totals will always be skewed by amount of games played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

There are two Zlatans.

One scores 38 goals in the French league for the team that was so dominant it finished an incredible 31 points ahead of the 2nd place team.

The other looked a lot less threatening when faced with competitive international teams.

Considering all the factors, age, motivation, pace and intensity of the league, age, which Zlatan do you really think we are most likely to see should he come to United?

Probably most likely the Zlatan who delivers moments of brilliance, hopefully in crucial/ important games ie. Liverpool/ City.

There are two Zlatans.

I agree he ain't gonna score no 38 goals for us if he does join but there is a chance he could hit the 1 goal every two games average he has had in the champions league and I'd be happy with that from a short term signing.

Like I said before I wouldn't be jumping threw hoops with excitement over ibra if he did join but he could be good short term player to lift the club and teach the kids hopefully.

If we signed micky Ryan he could possibly add a lot of goals from out wide also he has a pretty great scoring and assist ratio.

Jayo you should do averages for stats totals will always be skewed by amount of games played

Yeah good point ha I usually don't bother posting stats they generally don't show the proper story I'm just in a staty mood today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

mewe wrote: »
    Probably most likely the Zlatan who delivers moments of brilliance, hopefully in crucial/ important games ie. Liverpool/ City.

A 35 year old Zlatan struggling with the pace and physicality of the league probably won't be playing against Liverpool or City.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

A 35 year old Zlatan struggling with the pace and physicality of the league probably won't be playing against Liverpool or City.

I'd say if we bother signing him, he most definitely would.

mewe wrote: »
    I'd say if we bother signing him, he most definitely would.

If he is playing crap he won't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

There are two Zlatans.

You could look at it that way. You could also say that he was very good in comparison to all of the other talent that he's been playing with at PSG. He didn't look out of place with Di Maria, Cavani, Matuidi, Verratti, Silva etc. If he was well past it, those players would be outshining him performance wise within that team - but they didn't. I'm confident he still plays at quite a high level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Zlatan would scare the **** out of the smaller teams in the league, they saw us as an easy clean sheet last season but with Ibra on the pitch with the other quality players we have under a proper manager it would be a goal fest

That being said once Bayern came into the equation I think whatever chance we had of signing him has all but disappeared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Zlatan has **** all service from his Swedish colleagues it had to be said... aside from the left back Olsson nobody has been delivering any service into him.. Sweden are a very physical side... they work their bollocks off but I think you have to think rationally as to how Zlatan would function in a good United side vs the Swedish International team... I'd still back him to make an impact for us..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

There are two Zlatans.

You can't make that comparison without at least mentioning the players he's got around him. After Ibra, Larsson is probably Swedens next best player. They arent rolling in quality.

Ibra is not gonna look as good as he did in the French League but he's also not going to look as bad as he has for Sweden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

There are two Zlatans.

IMO rating players based on Euros or with national team is waste of time. If so then Martial, Coman, Pogba, Rooney was hilariously bad for england previously, Kane, Alli, Lukaku, KDB, Hazard and many class players looked average.

Kane and Lukaku who are very highly rated in the league looked like pub players so on that basis we shouldn't be interested even on them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

If a team like Hull and West Brom are sitting back with ten players in and around the box, the pace of a player like Martial is pretty ineffectual, Zlatan could make a huge difference in these type of games. The guy is always a threat, one of these players that can conjure a moment of brilliance from nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There are two Zlatans.

I personally would be looking at his form over 50 games far quicker than I would over two. Judging a player on two games while trying to ignore context (specifically he players he is surrounded with) while at the same time trying to dismiss the larger sample size specifically due to context seems extremely unfair.

The reality is he will probably fall somewhere in between on a spectrum, rather than the binary you propose. If he signs, no one will expect the 50 goals in 50 games ratio, but I would be extremely confident he would hit 20 goals for us without breaking a sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Samuel Luckhurst of MEN says Mourinho is so determined to sign Pogba that he vetoed Pjanic being a target.
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/man-utd-transfer-news-pogba-11489329#ICID=sharebar_twitter

It says Mourinho has the signing of Pogba as a priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

without breaking a sweat.

Judging by recent games there be no fear of that anyway!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement