Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Judging by recent games there be no fear of that anyway!

We are lucky that any sane football fan wouldn't judge a player over a 2 match span so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

A 35 year old Zlatan struggling with the pace and physicality of the league probably won't be playing against Liverpool or City.

He never relied on pace and how is he struggling physically he is massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Nuts102 wrote: »
    He never relied on pace and how is he struggling physically he is massive.

It's an insanely stupid analysis of Ibra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    Yeah good point ha I usually don't bother posting stats they generally don't show the proper story I'm just in a staty mood today.

Should've changed your name to stato for the day oul buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    Should've changed your name to stato for the day oul buddy

No it cost me money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

bangkok wrote: »
    If he is playing crap he won't be.

If my Auntie had bollocks she'd be my Uncle! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

F*cking hell. Whatever about lack of space or the pace of the game, if there's one thing Zlatan wouldn't struggle with its physicality. The lad is a tank and his physicality is one of his biggest assets nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Surprised fellaini was dropped seeing as he played so well the last game.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Surprised fellaini was dropped seeing as he played so well the last game.... :rolleyes:

Fcuking hell. Would you ever drop the fellaini hate? Feels like you bang this drum ever other day. We get it, you don't rate him. You've made your point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

did he ride your sister and ma at the same time?

• Advertisement

Fcuking hell. Would you ever drop the fellaini hate? Feels like you bang this drum ever other day. We get it, you don't rate him. You've made your point

It's long gone into the realm of sad by this point.

did he ride your sister and ma at the same time?

Ah lad seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ah lad seriously

You seem like a nice chap and what not and i like reading your contributions for the most part in the Man Utd super thread but your obsession with Fellaini is bordering on manical at this stage... I'd imagine if United sold him you'd be still giving out on a daily basis until the day he is lying in the cold ground... drop it.. book yourself a spa weekend with the wife... or the neighbours wife and forget all about Fellaini... the genius that he is and the haircut and the elbows...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It really is ridiculous by now. I don't like Fellaini either. I would be happy for him to be sold. He seems a nice guy and all, and he did work into having a role in the team last year, but I think that was largely down to the awful style of football we were playing and the lack of performances LVG was getting out of our midfield. He's always like a physical, dirty player to do the 'mopping up' and Fellaini was the only guy who really suited the role.

I wouldn't be raging if he were kept as a bit of a fringe player or whatnot, but don't think him being a prominent player in the squad ties in well with our chances of getting back where we need to be.

But the daily 'I hate Fellaini' updates got tiresome years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Neymar's agent Ribeiro has said three teams are ready to activate Neymar's buyout clause which allows him to speak to the team activating the buyout clause.
    The three teams are believed to be United, PSG and Real Madrid.
    He probably stays at Barcelona.

bangkok wrote:
    Surprised fellaini was dropped seeing as he played so well the last game....

And he's back to his true form...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RobertKK wrote: »
    Neymar's agent Ribeiro has said three teams are ready to activate Neymar's buyout clause which allows him to speak to the team activating the buyout clause.
    The three teams are believed to be United, PSG and Real Madrid.
    He probably stays at Barcelona.
    He'll sign a new contract at barca in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Andre Gomes with another dreadful game today.

I really hope utd stay well clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Romero having none of it...

https://streamable.com/kl3m

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Ounas started following ManUtd on twitter and also Rashford, Rooney and Bastian on Instagram.

https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/status/744309442427092993?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Who the fuk Is Adam ounas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jayo26 wrote: »
    Who the fuk I'd Adam ounas

Just going to ask

He's a 19 year old left footed very fast and skillful right winger that plays for Bordeaux.. don't know much on him but he is supposed to be very highly rated.

astradave wrote: »
    He's a 19 year old left footed very fast and skillful right winger that plays for Bordeaux.. don't know much on him but he is supposed to be very highly rated.

Wikipedia and who scored told me he is a young attacking midfielder that likes to dribble a lot and shoots from distance.

I'll have a scout of him on football manager later and I'll be fully up to speed ;)

• Advertisement

Wikipedia and who scored told me he is a young attacking midfielder that likes to dribble a lot and shoots from distance.

I'll have a scout of him on football manager later and I'll be fully up to speed ;)

Oblig YouTube compilation :D

astradave wrote:

What do FIFA and Pro Evo say
    What are his stats like
    OMG frigging amazing
    I've loved this guy since reading the quoted post
    OMG he's signing for us...

jayo26 wrote:
    I'll have a scout of him on football manager later and I'll be fully up to speed

You beat me to it old friend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

brinty wrote: »
    What do FIFA and Pro Evo say
    What are his stats like
    OMG frigging amazing
    I've loved this guy since reading the quoted post
    OMG he's signing for us...

He reminds me of Ben Arfa/Thauvin anytime I saw him play, has a lot of potential, what he does with it is the question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Kobe248 wrote: »
    He reminds me of Ben Arfa/Thauvin anytime I saw him play, has a lot of potential, what he does with it is the question

Is the vid he reminds me of a young Theo Walcott

• Advertisement

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Is the vid he reminds me of a young Theo Walcott

Really, He is a great dribbler with a good shot

Would either of those be Walcott's forte

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We have been linked with Adam Ounas for a couple of weeks or more at this stage. Looks like it may happen.
    Another player we are linked with is Breel Embolo who plays for Basel/Switzerland, should see him play tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

'Sin' to abandon attempts of Man Utd move, says agent

The agent of Henrikh Mkhitaryan said it would be wrong to abandon attempts to get the Borussia Dortmund midfielder a move to Manchester United.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36571728

Embolo starting tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Pogba starting brightly for France

This French game is "The Paul Pogba Show"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm loving the players we are linked with. Mkhitaryan is very good and from his agents comments its certain we want him and he wants to come. I reckon that will happen. They may get a player off us in return maybe on loan if anyone interests them to sweeten the deal.

Pogba is showing his worth there now in that Switzerland game. It would take disgusting amounts of money to buy him but its not my money so Id love United to try. Im imagining Schneiderlin and Pogba behind Rooney in midfield with Martial and Mkhitaryan playing wide either side of Zlatan.

Even without Pogba I think if we tried to get Kroos or someone of a high calibre we could have a beast of a team next season. Just need to get deals done as soon as possible after these Euros end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/news/giggs-to-leave-man-utd-for-forest-job_275125.html
    Ryan Giggs is on the verge of leaving Manchester United and taking up the Nottingham Forest manager's job, according to reports.
    According to the Manchester Evening News, the bookmakers' odds on Giggs becoming Forest boss have been slashed, coming in from 33/1 to as little as 1/2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

zerks wrote: »

So that's Sportsmole reporting that the MEN are reporting that a bookies odds have dropped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I hate news reports that are based on betting odds. All a sharp drop indicates is someone put a load of money on it, not that the bookies actually have inside info...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Not able to see French game.....what has Embolo and Pogba been like?

Embolo is very raw. You can see somthing is there but will need a lot of work

Not able to see French game.....what has Embolo and Pogba been like?

Pogba was fantastic in the opening 30 mins, has trailed off and looks tired now, Embolo hasn't done much but its been a poor game overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

So for those of you who feel Giggs should head out and prove himself (a fair argument) what has he to do with Forrest(if it is true) in the next 3 years, assuming Mourinho puts in his usual stint, to be in line for the job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

ShooterSF wrote: »
    So for those of you who feel Giggs should head out and prove himself (a fair argument) what has he to do with Forrest(if it is true) in the next 3 years, assuming Mourinho puts in his usual stint, to be in line for the job?

Get the Madrid job after his first season. Win the Champions League back to back. Then maybe...

Payet such a class player.

People don't know to be honest. I think no matter what giggs does he will be a risky appointment by United.

If he went and got forrest promoted and kept them in premiership it would be great for him but still why should he be considered for the United job if we are not prepaired to consider someone like mark Hughes.

I think it will take an outstanding achievement for giggs to ever get the United job.

Honestly for him to be considered

Id like to see him get Forest promoted and have 2 years in the league at the very least 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Get the Madrid job after his first season. Win the Champions League back to back. Then maybe...
    People don't know to be honest. I think no matter what giggs does he will be a risky appointment by United.

If he went and got forrest promoted and kept them in premiership it would be great for him but still why should he be considered for the United job if we are not prepaired to consider someone like mark Hughes.

I think it will take an outstanding achievement for giggs to ever get the United job.
    Kobe248 wrote: »
    Honestly for him to be considered

Id like to see him get Forest promoted and have 2 years in the league at the very least 1

This is the point for me and jayo underlined it perfectly. There is really nothing he can do, even if people are saying he needs to go out and prove himself.

So then are we willing to make risky appointments again, if say the ship gets steadied, in the hope of creating a legacy or do we bring in one experienced manager after another to do their few years?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement