Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

duffman13 wrote: »
    Stubbed my two on a coffee table this morning, I can confirm there is nothing worse bar a kick in the bollocks.

Got kicked in the bollocks this morning and I can confirm there is nothing worse bar stubbing your toe whilst kicking yourself in the bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

RobertKK wrote: »
    Kolo Toure has said he is very happy for and proud of Eric Bailly, and the Ivory Coast is honoured by his move to United.

That's going to go down well in scouse land.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Jayop wrote: »
    That's going to go down well in scouse land.

Well they did release Kolo Toure, so I guess he can speak what he really thinks of United now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Palmeri on talksport today saying that Zlatan has already signed a pre-contract agreement with United and will sign properly when the Euros are over.

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/745301156080009216

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bangkok wrote: »
    Bayern cant afford his wages. He is 99.99% coming to United

whut? Bayern could afford his wages no problem - one of the best ran and richest clubs in the world. It would be far more likely that they don't want to pay those wages (which plays into being very well ran and one of the richest - don't get that way by paying players like Young more than 100k....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Bayern would not break their wage structure for him, or anyone really.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

whut? Bayern could afford his wages no problem - one of the best ran and richest clubs in the world. It would be far more likely that they don't want to pay those wages (which plays into being very well ran and one of the richest - don't get that way by paying players like Young more than 100k....)

Well we got ahead of Bayern in the richness stakes by paying players like young 100k it don't seem to have affect us.

Yup Bayern are well run and probably could pay 200k to ibra but it would put him past ribbery and robben and neure by 100k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

astradave wrote: »
    Palmeri on talksport today saying that Zlatan has already signed a pre-contract agreement with United and will sign properly when the Euros are over.

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/745301156080009216

Even if he has, nothing will be announced for at least ten days so he can cash in on his 1 million euro loyalty bonus with psg

Bayern would not break their wage structure for him, or anyone really.
    I agree - but not breaking wage structure is different to not being able to afford him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

They wouldn't give Toni Kroos what he wanted, not a hope in hell of paying ibrahimovic what he wants. He will def sign for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Ibra could be UTDs Shevchenko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Nice to see De Gea looking human for Spain :)

He is just making sure madrid don't come annoying him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's weird seeing the ball actually go past him and into the back of the net...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Ibra could be UTDs Shevchenko

Yeah he could, apart from not costing £30.8 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I think its brilliant, hopefully he gets made a scapegoat, gets dropped for the next game and then the ever classy Spanish and Madrid fans decide he isn't all that and don't want him any more.

Obviously he personally wouldn't like it but the club comes first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

adox wrote: »
    Yeah he could, apart from not costing £30.8 million.

I actually thought he was wrong footed by the deflection as it looked like Perisic was shooting across him, though his positioning was a bit suspect. If that ball wasn't deflected,it was a handy enough save for him.

Talk that both United and Inter Milan are interested in signing Ezekiel Garay.

The Mirror has to have the worst nicknames ever..

The say we are bidding 28m plus add ons for Ross Gellar and Bear Gryllis.. dopes

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/745369617523171328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    The Mirror has to have the worst nicknames ever..

The say we are bidding 28m plus add ons for Ross Gellar and Bear Gryllis.. dopes

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/745369617523171328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

They should have used his name, it would have been shorter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

RobertKK wrote: »
    They should have used his name, it would have been shorter.

Yeah Micky Ryan is waaay shorter than Ross Gellar / Bear Grylls. What were they thinking!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

RobertKK wrote:
    Talk that both United and Inter Milan are interested in signing Ezekiel Garay.

We'll it's a transfer window now...
    Never the same until we're linked with Mr Garay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Breel Embolo looks to be joining Schalke according to Bild,that's their replacement for Sane so.

https://twitter.com/BundesligaSpot/status/745380713780887552

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

You know it's quiet when you catch up on about 30 pages.. Realise there's only 2 or 3 pages for a whole day :(

Anderson is fat? :o

They wouldn't give Toni Kroos what he wanted, not a hope in hell of paying ibrahimovic what he wants. He will def sign for us

Again - not WANTING to do something is vastly different to not being able to afford to do it. Bayern are one of the richest clubs in the world, they could afford to pay Ibrahimovic whatever he wanted, if they wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Yeah Micky Ryan is waaay shorter than Ross Gellar / Bear Grylls. What were they thinking!! :D

It should be Micky T Ryan.

Just to distinguish him from Micky Patsy Ryan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

zerks wrote: »
    Breel Embolo looks to be joining Schalke according to Bild,that's their replacement for Sane so.

https://twitter.com/BundesligaSpot/status/745380713780887552

I presume they were offering him more playing time than us? I couldnt see him being a starter for us, especially if Mkhitaryan joins, so its probably a better move for him at this stage in his career.

The daily mail and the mirror both saying we went back to Dortmund with higher bid for Micky Ryan so hopefully it won't drag on I'd love to get that deal over the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

jayo26 wrote: »
    The daily mail and the mirror both saying we went back to Dortmund with higher bid for Micky Ryan so hopefully it won't drag on I'd love to get that deal over the line.

Utd offer more add ons then Kodi :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

With Nolito going to City it sets Sterling further down the pecking order.

Looked a world beater at Liverpool and just looks short on confidence at City.

I wouldn't mind a sneaky bid although unlikely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Nuts102 wrote: »

iNTanP0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Sweet love of God

First the Nani Love and now this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi Guys, just looking for a bit of advice, anyone been to Wembley before?

Thinking of going to the Charity Shield on 7th August, looking to fly over from Cork and back the same day. Game is on at 4, flight home from LHR at 22.15.

Is Heathrow accessable from Wembley by tube? Would you have sufficient time to make the flight after the game, say leaving the stadium at 7 depending on penalties/presentation etc.

Thanks all

Sterling and world beater in the same sentence :eek:

Suarez made sterling look decent. he is still a good player though and should improve but still needs a lot of work.

• Advertisement

Sterling and world beater in the same sentence :eek:

Suarez made sterling look decent. he is still a good player though and should improve but still needs a lot of work.

In fairness they are in separate sentences

:D

Sterling makes Memphis Depay look like a bargain.

Hi Guys, just looking for a bit of advice, anyone been to Wembley before?

Thinking of going to the Charity Shield on 7th August, looking to fly over from Cork and back the same day. Game is on at 4, flight home from LHR at 22.15.

Is Heathrow accessable from Wembley by tube? Would you have sufficient time to make the flight after the game, say leaving the stadium at 7 depending on penalties/presentation etc.

Thanks all

taxi might be your best option, cost about £25 and would take about 40mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Rodgers made Sterling look a great player. No other manager can do it

I meant looked like he could be a world beater. The same way if in two years time Rashford doesn't fulfill his potential he looked like he could be a world beater.

When your options besides Martial are Young, Depay, Lingard who never had a better season than Sterling did a few years ago its hardly laughable.

With talk of Embolo for 25 million and people excited when he is much more raw.

I think Sterling with regular first team football could go on to be a great player. Unlikely to happen but if he could be got for 25-30 million he would be worth a punt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jayo26 wrote: »
    Sterling makes Memphis Depay look like a bargain.

Depay was a bargain.....

Unearthly wrote: »
    Rodgers made Sterling look a great player. No other manager can do it

he had great character

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I meant looked like he could be a world beater. The same way if in two years time Rashford doesn't fulfill his potential he looked like he could be a world beater.

When your options besides Martial are Young, Depay, Lingard who never had a better season than Sterling did a few years ago its hardly laughable.

With talk of Embolo for 25 million and people excited when he is much more raw.

I think Sterling with regular first team football could go on to be a great player. Unlikely to happen but if he could be got for 25-30 million he would be worth a punt

Embolo signed for schalke according to Di Marzio.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Embolo signed for schalke according to Di Marzio.

Everywhere in Germany reporting it now.. even Basel know how to use Uniteds name to bump up a price :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Pep trying to buy the league

Again

Pep trying to buy the league

Again

Meh no exciting signings there yet. Injury prone midfielder and 29 year old Spaniards with one decent season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

All I want is Payet. We'd kill the league with him. Make it happen Mou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

All I want is Payet. We'd kill the league with him. Make it happen Mou.

I'd love him as well but I wouldn't get my hopes up. He'll be at West Ham barring a huge bid from Real Madrid imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'd love him as well but I wouldn't get my hopes up. He'll be at West Ham barring a huge bid from Real Madrid imo
    I can't see Real going for him if their huge bid for Pogba likely pay's off. He's attainable with him being at West Ham, and I'd pay whatever it takes to get him.

Payet is surely not gettable unless he trys to force a move to united.

Probably talking 60 million for a 29yr old

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement