Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Payet is surely not gettable unless he trys to force a move to united.

Probably talking 60 million for a 29yr old

Feck off 60, 30 tops!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Feck off 60, 30 tops!

60m is whats been touted. West Ham dont want to sell, and look to be building a great team, and he'll be central to it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Lord TSC wrote: »
    60m is whats been touted. West Ham dont want to sell, and look to be building a great team, and he'll be central to it :/

He's 29! And relies on pace. Surely 35 would be the limit. 60 to bring Ronaldo back :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

60M - I'd pay it in a heartbeat. Best playmaker in the world bar none. He can play for at least 4 more seasons at the top in a position that doesn't require that much pace, but with his dribbling ability it wouldn't matter anyway. Bar the French connection, Zidane played with the ball very similarly. He relied on his dribbling much more than his speed. You just couldn't get the ball off him.

I always liked Mkhitaryan, be happy if we got him but Payet is just on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

If Ed is going to the Leicester well then Kante is the man we should be chasing - would add so much to United's midfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

60m for payet!!! no way, has the talent but he could be another 1 season wonder.

Coat22 wrote: »
    If Ed is going to the Leicester well then Kante is the man we should be chasing - would add so much to United's midfield

except for goals

bangkok wrote: »
    60m for payet!!! no way, has the talent but he could be another 1 season wonder.
    We spent close to 60M on Di Maria. Look how that worked out. Payet has much more ability & was unbelievable last season so he's proven in the league. So what if he's 29. I would have payed similar to RVP, and he went and won us the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

60m for a 29 year old that most of us never heard of this time last year is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

We spent close to 60M on Di Maria. Look how that worked out. Payet has much more ability & was unbelievable last season so he's proven in the league. So what if he's 29. I would have payed similar to RVP, and he went and won us the league.

di maria was managed badly, he was class for 4 seasons at real madrid. Payet has played in french league all his career apart from 1 season in england. couldnt see any club (even real madrid or psg) paying that much for him.

60m for a 29 year old that most of us never heard of this time last year is ridiculous.
    Like Martial? Ronaldo would cost similar and he's past it. At work so can't stress my points :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Like Martial? Ronaldo would cost similar and he's past it. At work so can't stress my points :p

Ronaldo is past it?? :D

Which ronaldo the 40 odd year old overweight forward or the ballon dor god

1866a745987bfc53453ac0c10ce51385.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

14m6e8n.png

Spot the player you say is worth 60 million and the player you say is past it.

Payet has had a great season but he has had one great season at the age of 29 he is the same reason as why Jamie vary wouldn't be worth 60 million they are both near 30 and haven't consistently done anything over a number of years.

Even 4 years of a declining Ronaldo would be worth more then payet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Embolo signed for schalke according to Di Marzio.

Ye are getting slow, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100115233&postcount=8875

Now which of you lot were slagging me off for being off the pace a while back?:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »
    Ye are getting slow, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100115233&postcount=8875

Now which of you lot were slagging me off for being off the pace a while back?:p:p

Eh your post says Bild say it's nearly done whereas Giggsy says DiMarzio said it's done.. keep up Zerks ffs :p

zerks wrote: »

Umm everyone zerks :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Payet is completely unfeasible

40-50 million, 150k a week for 4 years

The guy is 30 in 9 months, it's a luxury buy only Madrid could attempt to pull off

Can I just say in my opinion it's a good thing that we are ya talking about payet been worth 60 million because if it was the exact same circumstance 4 year ago he be gone for 20 million max. It shows that clubs like Westham and Everton no longer have to cash in that's good for the league in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jayo26 wrote: »
    Can I just say in my opinion it's a good thing that we are ya talking about payet been worth 60 million because if it was the exact same circumstance 4 year ago he be gone for 20 million max. It shows that clubs like Westham and Everton no longer have to cash in that's good for the league in the long run.
    Wonder if it will result in release clauses becoming common in England as players try to stop clubs from blocking moves despite massive money on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Payet is the player that I always felt Anderson could/should become. Similar styles, build and potential. He even looks a bit like him...
    CL-k2NlWEAAl52Y.jpg

Manchester+United+v+West+Ham+United+FA+Cup+Q8Y5o8xGWKfl.jpg

Wonder if it will result in release clauses becoming common in England as players try to stop clubs from blocking moves despite massive money on offer.

It's may well happen but most players would probably forgo a release for an extra couple grand a week when signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

s.welstead wrote: »
    Payet is the player that I always felt Anderson could/should become. Similar styles, build and potential. He even looks a bit like him...
    CL-k2NlWEAAl52Y.jpg

Manchester+United+v+West+Ham+United+FA+Cup+Q8Y5o8xGWKfl.jpg

Racist.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

2-2, C. Ronaldo with the goal of the tournament. #pastit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I want Ronnie back so badly :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Really can't see it happening now but I share the sentiment.

Renato Sanchez looks the business... pity we missed out on him.. he is seriously fast and great touch, always positive and looking to get forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mario standing out too

You are never ever ever getting back together

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Off topic - but - Iceland are magical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

ElChe32 wrote: »

Delighted for Iceland and sickened on Ronaldo after his sour comments towards them after the first game. The guys who would do nothing in this competition apparently have finished above Portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ElChe32 wrote: »

I'd love it if they'd beat England on Monday night..

Past it my ass... as they say form is temporary but class is permanent.

https://twitter.com/BundesligaSpot/status/745640076219154432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

BILD: Henrikh Mkhitaryan's agent Mino Raiola threw a chair during failed talks with Dortmund officials. #BVB

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/745667382258073600

talks ongoing but BVB going to ask €40M

https://twitter.com/BundesligaSpot/status/745640076219154432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

BILD: Henrikh Mkhitaryan's agent Mino Raiola threw a chair during failed talks with Dortmund officials. #BVB

What a dick of an agent

Anna Woolhouse looking fantastic on sky sports news now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

bangkok wrote: »
    What a dick of an agent

Well, the club isnt exactly concerned with character references if they can deliver the goods.

We've allegedly offered £28m.

€40m is around £30m.

Get.

In.

My......

Son?

So, Ibra can fly to Manchester tomorrow then :pac:

• Advertisement

So, Ibra can fly to Manchester tomorrow then :pac:

I reckon 7th of july when jose does his first presser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Robbie Brady, former Manutd lad.

Legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Headshot wrote: »

Legend

Bring him back!!

Legend

Its actually ridiculous the amount of players across the UK that came through the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Been watching him since his time in the youth teams. Was one of the players i really wanted to make it at United.

Was gutted when we discarded him as he was one of my favourite players back then and is still one of my favourite players to this day.

Legend

Should never of sold him..... world class.

#nani #wellbeck #Brady

:):)

COYBIG

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Been watching him since his time in the youth teams. Was one of the players i really wanted to make it at United.

Was gutted when we discarded him as he was one of my favourite players back then and is still one of my favourite players to this day.

Did Brady have a deadly free kick for us in the youths? Thought I remember he was our taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

jayo26 wrote: »
    Did Brady have a deadly free kick for us in the youths? Thought I remember he was our taker.

Not too sure but I remember him playing a few games right wing and cutting in on his left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lord TSC wrote:
    So, Ibra can fly to Manchester tomorrow then

Nope
    Can't do anything til 1st July
    Loyalty bonus from PSG pending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rossi IRL wrote: »

IIRC, Ferguson wanted to keep hold of him but couldn't offer him the playing time that Hull were offering. He was very reluctant to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Robbie and Fergie had a bust up on Halloween night 2012. Robbie was promised he'd come on against Chelsea but we threw the game away and he never got to play. Apparently he went mental at Fergie and that was that. Such a shame.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement