Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Bild have confirmed that we have upped our bid for Mickey Ryan

https://twitter.com/VinceVega7/status/745746469353828352

• I will never forget this feeling...amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I will never forget this feeling...amazing

Who is she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

adox wrote: »
    Who is she?

Roberta Brady I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

astradave wrote: »
    Bild have confirmed that we have upped our bid for Mickey Ryan

https://twitter.com/VinceVega7/status/745746469353828352

Dortmund are apparently purchasing that young Turkish right winger from last night for 8 million Euro so I think they already have the replacement and a tidy profit lined up.

God, I love Hayley so much, such a stunner, pity she isn't wearing something green and tight now! Drink!!!!!!!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I will never forget this feeling...amazing

You gonna stay over there for french game now mick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Oh

What

A

Night!!!!

That is all

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Dream night, emotional night, no matter what happens on Sunday. Yeah, I should be posting this in the Ireland thread but fúck it.

Also delighted to see Mickey Ryan catching on, that was me...

rNHiqDG.gif

Now, sign him please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

stankratz wrote: »
    Dream night, emotional night, no matter what happens on Sunday. Yeah, I should be posting this in the Ireland thread but fúck it.

Also delighted to see Mickey Ryan catching on, that was me...

Now, sign him please.

He's getting a part in Game Of Thrones as Mike Targaryan.:P

Can't sleep, still buzzin' so I watched that Alan Shearer Euro 96 programme on BBC. Great banter between Paul Ince and Shearer at one point regarding Shearer not joining Utd and all the trophies he could have won. Regarding Gazza, Shearer said he probably would have been better going to OT rather than London, SAF would have kept a better check on him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

James Rodriguez can **** right off.

The final tremendous moment from last night is Sweden are now gone, Zlatan is now retired internationally, and he can now come and sign a contract ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Nice little hangover this morning,but f*ck it well worth it :D

TheDoc wrote: »

I would actually love it if we signed him would be such a quality player for us under mourinho he is hard working too.

Hope he finds a house soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Rodriguez would be a brilliant signing,an immediate upgrade on Mata. if we could sign him along with Mkhitaryan our attack would be seriously upgraded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

TheDoc wrote:

The final tremendous moment from last night is Sweden are now gone, Zlatan is now retired internationally, and he can now come and sign a contract

Wow who p1553d in your cornflakes to tell James RODRIGUEZ to **** right off

It's great how we can turn away talented players like him cos we've got young,lingard,janujaz,Memphis and perreira ripping up trees every week

Rodriguez is far closer to what we need than Zlatan the arrogant...

And as stated by mist credible sources Zlatan won't be signing before July 1st so he can't get his loyalty bonus from Psg... says it all really about him.. money grabbing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

brinty wrote: »

It's great how we can turn away talented players like him cos we've got young,lingard,janujaz,Memphis and perreira ripping up trees every week

And as stated by mist credible sources Zlatan won't be signing before July 1st so he can't get his loyalty bonus from Psg... says it all really about him.. money grabbing

Who are the credible sources n Ibra btw? I saw one post the story a few days back but, genuinely, can't remember who it was or how many reported it.

Lord TSC wrote:
    Who are the credible sources n Ibra btw? I saw one post the story a few days back but, genuinely, can't remember who it was or how many reported it.

I thought several news outlets had reported it?? I could be wrong off course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've been nothing but utterly unimpressed by him, and as a frequent Real Madrid viewer, think I'm entitled to hold that opinion.

The odd random wonder goal really isn't convincing me. Injuries aside season gone, when he was fully fit he simply wasn't warranting a place in the first XI for Madrid.

I also think thats a ludicrous tag to append to Ibrahimovic. I love how fans can so blatantly label that stuff at players feet. Because you would definitely turn down a few million euro to sign for a club a few weeks early.

There is literally no benefit for Ibrahimovic to NOT take his loyalty bonus. If he does sign, he will be perfectly in time for pre-season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Vardy has turned down Arsenal...lol

James had I think 8 goals and 9 assistsbf9r madrid this year in a injury hit season and what nit and last year he had 13 goals and 13 assists in his first season in Spain.

That is exactly the type of player we need at the club.. creating goals and scoring goals from behind the front man and still only 23 with loads of experience he will only get better.

I thought several news outlets had reported it?? I could be wrong off course.

Not saying you're wrong, and I know I did read the stories, but not sure who it was exactly reporting it. Still, I think he's every right to claim every penny he's owed on the contract, and it's not that it will delay things more than a few days anyway.

Balague (lol) is saying we and other clubs are circling Azpilicueta with €18m being the touted figure. While The Sun (LOL) are saying we're readying a £50m bid for Arron Ramsey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

bangkok wrote: »
    Vardy has turned down Arsenal...lol

Makes sense.

He will be the main man at Leicester for the remainder of his career, no point going to arsenal and potentially be benched if his form runs out.

He will be the main man at Leicester for the remainder of his career, no point going to arsenal and potentially be benched if his form runs out.

Better chance he wins more silverware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Would have jumped at Ramsey a couple of seasons ago, but he had a fecking stinker the season gone imo.

He looked an all action midfielder capable of driving from deep and scoring goals and creating chances - was (imo) the best CM in the league - but last year he did feck all from what I saw. He was played wide a fair bit, which had happened before he had that great run in the centre and his performances had been similarly ineffective (relatively speaking) - have to question why he lost that central position, brain fart from Wenger or Ramsey just not cutting it.

As it stands, I wouldn't see him as a good investment for 50million - and would prefer to see what Jose can get from Herrera (who is, imo, a similar type of player) rather than spunk such sums on a question mark player.

Having said all that.... I can't for the life of me see Wenger selling Ramsey to United. As for Ramsey being interested in the move - I reckon he would be. One of the fanzines had him as interested in moving to United last summer (which would have been a much bigger shock) and if Jose was promising him the central role he appeared to lose at Arsenal it could be a move he'd like to take.

Griezmann has signed a new contract officially, so that's the end of that pipe dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

James Rodriguez is a Don Balon story so don't take it seriously.

In regards to Griezmann, he very most likely stays, there were claims he would sign a new contract as it would mean Atletico would get more money if he left, talk that the release clause would go to €100 million from €80 million.

Lord TSC wrote:
    Griezmann has signed a new contract officially, so that's the end of that pipe dream.

Never wanted him away

Winky smiley face

Also on the Ramsey story, they have him as a replacement target for the Mkhitaryan - which doesn't make sense to me. They could play in similar positions, but I would have thought Ramsey would be more likely to be an alternative to Pogba.

Ie. You could easily buy both Ramsey and Mkhitaryan and play them in the same team, without compromising on either's ability.

Schneiderlin
    Ramsey--Rooney (sigh....)
    Mkhitaryan
    Martial
    Ibrahimovic.

I don't think that takes away from either player - and I'm not sure putting either player in the other's position would be getting the best of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Also on the Ramsey story, they have him as a replacement target for the Mkhitaryan - which doesn't make sense to me. They could play in similar positions, but I would have thought Ramsey would be more likely to be an alternative to Pogba.

Ie. You could easily buy both Ramsey and Mkhitaryan and play them in the same team, without compromising on either's ability.

Schneiderlin
    Ramsey--Rooney (sigh....)
    Mkhitaryan
    Martial
    Ibrahimovic.

I don't think that takes away from either player - and I'm not sure putting either player in the other's position would be getting the best of them.

It doesn't make sense as it's reported by Sun and not any reliable paper.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    It doesn't make sense as it's reported by Sun and not any reliable paper.

Oh, right.:rolleyes:

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not saying you're wrong, and I know I did read the stories, but not sure who it was exactly reporting it. Still, I think he's every right to claim every penny he's owed on the contract, and it's not that it will delay things more than a few days anyway.

Balague (lol) is saying we and other clubs are circling Azpilicueta with €18m being the touted figure. While The Sun (LOL) are saying we're readying a £50m bid for Arron Ramsey.

Balague also said chelsea will not sell to a premier league rival, while Barca are waiting to see if they can sign Bellerin, Azpilicueta will be looked at as a backup plan although in spain Athletico are the favouirtes to sign him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Ramsey's had a good Euro's so far. Would have liked him but any time he seems to get into a decent run of form he injures himself for lengthy periods.

Would be delighted we could obtain Mkhitaryan. Again would love for us to pay up the extra 20M and go for Payet more-so but it doesn't look like the club are heading in that direction.

I am 50-50 on J-Rod. Class player just probably out of form atm, but he does have question marks. Anyone know what his Copa America form was like?

Would love out front 4 to line up like

Zlatan
    Tony
    Hamez----Mickey Ryan

Would be set up nearly identical to the way Jose set up at Chelsea, with Costa up top, hazard, Oscar and willian behind.

Zlatan
    Tony
    Hamez----Mickey Ryan

Would be set up nearly identical to the way Jose set up at Chelsea, with Costa up top, hazard, Oscar and willian behind.

giphy.gif

Zlatan
    Tony
    Hamez----Mickey Ryan

dont want James at all, i think Mata is much better for the position or even rooney. For the price he would cost i dont think he is worth anywhere near that. Game last night v Chile, Sanchez went by him like he wasnt even there and James ended up on his ass. dont think he would be suited to the league at all

Very risque there Tsc????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Sorry lads haven't had time to read through all this thread, any chance we have been linked with Kante or Dembele, would be great to get one of them and who is Micky Ryan (Rashford? Not sure of the connection though)

patmac wrote: »
    Sorry lads haven't had time to read through all this thread, any chance we have been linked with Kante or Dembele, would be great to get one of them and who is Micky Ryan (Rashford? Not sure of the connection though)

Micky Ryan is what those who can't spell Henrikh Mkhitaryan use :P

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Micky Ryan is what those who can't spell Henrikh Mkhitaryan use :P

I try to remember it as "M(IC)K! Hit a Ryan!" as if I'm ordering someone called Mick to hit someone called Ryan :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I try to remember it as "M(IC)K! Hit a Ryan!" as if I'm ordering someone called Mick to hit someone called Ryan :P

I think it's more Mick-it-tear-ian

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    I think it's more Mick-it-tear-ian

I thought the M wasn't pronounced?????? So it sounds like

Kit-are-Ian

We need a language expert in here pronto.

Calling all Armenians, calling all Armenians, reports to the boards Manchester United Superthread immediately.
    I will not hold my breath.

We might have had far more Armenians to report and give us the right pronunciation if the Turks hadn't done that genocide on them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

RobertKK wrote: »
    Calling all Armenians, calling all Armenians, reports to the boards Manchester United Superthread immediately.
    I will not hold my breath.

We might have had far more Armenians to report and give us the right pronunciation if the Turks hadn't done that genocide on them...

Wow! Sports, politics and history all in the one sentence!

I've scoured the interweb and I have come to the conclusion that it is pronounced

Mick-ey-Ry-an

:D

Wow! Sports, politics and history all in the one sentence!

That's the standard you get when you follow the United thread we are a privileged bunch here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

jayo26 wrote: »
    I thought the M wasn't pronounced?????? So it sounds like

Kit-are-Ian

We need a language expert in here pronto.

What would he know we need George hammilton on the case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Don't fancy James Rodriguez at all. Imo he is very over rated and any time I've watched him he has been bang average.

Would much rather have Mata instead. Plus I'm not sure if James would suit the premier league.

I don't think Jose is going to change too much in terms of players. I said it last year, it wasn't the players fault for the terrible performances, it was the horrid tactics and LVG's philosophy. But now that that's gone, we can look forward to what hopefully is a brighter future.

I reckon he will bring in 3 players max.
    Some of the players we have might have looked very average from the past season or two but I think Jose will get the best out of some players and we will be taken aback by the talent. I'm hoping this is the case for players such as Herrera, Memphis, Blind and Darmian.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement