Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Don't fancy James Rodriguez at all. Imo he is very over rated and any time I've watched him he has been bang average
    It's good to see you made it safely back to earth since the summer of 2014. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Don't fancy James Rodriguez at all. .

His mate just told me he doesn't fancy you either.

• You gonna stay over there for french game now mick?

Nope! No Mon no fun! Anyway did well to get off work for the Italy game :P

Best hangover ever btw

Jose to sign Brady :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Nope! No Mon no fun! Anyway did well to get off work for the Italy game :P

Best hangover ever btw

Jose to sign Brady :)

And Hendrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

And Hendrick

Hendrick probably had more shots on goal in the Euros then United have had in a a run of 5 games.

Sign him up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hopefully this jersey is outta date soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hopefully this jersey is outta date soon...

Love yer granny bedspread :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So it's Mick-E-Tar-Ree-An?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Can't we just call him Micky if we do actually sign him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

jayo26 wrote: »
    Can't we just call him Micky if we do actually sign him.

Tricky Micky

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So it's Mick-E-Tar-Ree-An?

We'll find it eventually, at the moment we're all like this...

From the video of the chap himself saying his name, it sounds like

'Mickey-Tar-Ian'

Anyway, it's the spelling which gives me pause, so as I said before - Until we sign him, it's Mickey Ryan.

Tricky Micky

Gets a couple red cards for rough challenges and everyone be calling him hard Mickey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Gets a couple red cards for rough challenges and everyone be calling him hard Mickey.

Tbh he'd be a sub-editor's wet dream no matter what he does

"Micky puts in limp performance in United loss"

"Micky stands up in United victory"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Micky Scores off Deflection, Quips 'Every Hole is a Goal'

Luke Shaw back in training in Manchester already and Memphis looking sharp in the gym....

Take a look at @Memphis's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Memphis/status/745906333023506432?s=09

Would be great if Shaw got back to the level he started last season and if depay regained some form under jose.. it would be like two new signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My dark side made me post this:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldRd96/status/745953282078674944

Man Utd got Di Maria, Falcao & now possibly Mkhitaryan without Champions League. It pisses me off so much.

At least rival fans recognise that United do not not need CL football to attract big names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

How likely is this Mickey signing going to happen, if he does sign will he walk straight into the 1st team and for those whom seen him play is he actually any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

billyhead wrote: »
    How likely is this Mickey signing going too happen, if he does sign will he walk straight into the 1st team and for those whom seen him play is he actually any good?

It seems like it's up to Dortmund. He has a year left and they've made it known that they intend on keeping him until Bild and Di Marzio said they're willing to take €40 Million. Di Marzio is notoriously unreliable for information on German football and to date the most reliable source is Bild. They're saying that if we pay €40 Million we'll get him. He's a Kante in the sense that he's just had one sensational season but I'm not sure how he'll adapt to the Premier League and I'm not sure he'll ever be able to replicate that form again. Tuchel got far more out of Mkhi than Klopp did.

Infairness to Mickey you could say season before last was bad one as it was for all of Dortmund but his first season was very good 13 goals and 25 assists in 45 games and last season was excellent 23 gold and 32 assist on 51 games.

He played for shaktar before Dortmund and had nearly a goal every two games so I wouldn't say he is just a one season wonder like Kante he has done it for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Infairness to Mickey you could say season before last was bad one as it was for all of Dortmund but his first season was very good 13 goals and 25 assists in 45 games and last season was excellent 23 gold and 32 assist on 51 games.

He played for shaktar before Dortmund and had nearly a goal every two games so I wouldn't say he is just a one season wonder like Kante he has done it for a few years.

Have you ever watched a Ukrainian league match? If you did you probably wouldn't be using his time at Shaktar to back up your point.

• Advertisement

glued wrote: »
    Have you ever watched a Ukrainian league match? If you did you probably wouldn't be using his time at Shaktar to back up your point.

I'm using to say he has always performed apart from one season in germany. I never said Ukraine league was top quality but if a player is performing well there then goes to Germany and performs well it shows a degree of consistency.

It seems like it's up to Dortmund. He has a year left and they've made it known that they intend on keeping him until Bild and Di Marzio said they're willing to take €40 Million. Di Marzio is notoriously unreliable for information on German football and to date the most reliable source is Bild. They're saying that if we pay €40 Million we'll get him. He's a Kante in the sense that he's just had one sensational season but I'm not sure how he'll adapt to the Premier League and I'm not sure he'll ever be able to replicate that form again. Tuchel got far more out of Mkhi than Klopp did.

Kicker who would be more reliable with Dortmund info are also toeing the 40m euro line so looks like it was a leaking/briefing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I don't think I missed anything major last 10 days or so as I was in France, but any rumours or any update on any signings etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

This isnt accurate at all

Hes had far more than one good season

You clearly havent watched football for the last few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I don't think I missed anything major last 10 days or so as I was in France, but any rumours or any update on any signings etc?

apparently we're getting a micky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

aAuBT9tWRw6BWzd3g1kO_Confused%20Ryan%20Office.gif

image.jpg?w=1024&c=1

Looks like they are preparing for the inevitable

https://twitter.com/BundesligaSpot/status/746104936652472320

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

So does the work permit situation change if Brexit goes through?
    Are the club waiting to before completing some of the signings

• Advertisement

wintear wrote: »
    So does the work permit situation change if Brexit goes through?
    Are the club waiting to before completing some of the signings

I'm not fully up to speed on it but even if they do vote leave (which looks doubtfully) they still won't be actually left for another 2 year I think.

I'm not fully up to speed on it but even if they do vote leave (which looks doubtfully) they still won't be actually left for another 2 year I think.

At what?

Sorry Jayo, I should probably head to bed here :o

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Sorry, I need to ask..

Is your man NoviGlitzko taking the p*ss with all his Payet talk?

He must be surely.. Saying he's worth 60 million.. Best playmaker in the world bar none etc.

Pure nuts stuff ha

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

stankratz wrote: »
    At what?

Sorry Jayo, I should probably head to bed here :o

I'm going to go to bed soon, was watching the Brexit results and then the subsequent carnage.
    Stupid neighbours...

Its just the notice period which is two years but they wont serve that straight away. It could take up to 5/10 years for them to leave. They will have to negotiate all their trade agreements and they won't serve notice until they have that done.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I'm going to go to bed soon, was watching the Brexit results and then the subsequent carnage.
    Stupid neighbours...

Just got up I'm shocked.

From a football point of view obviously the price of players has gone up straight away for the British clubs as the pound has dropped In value I assume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Just got up I'm shocked.

From a football point of view obviously the price of players has gone up straight away for the British clubs as the pound has dropped In value I assume.

Yep, that's a problem. Any chance the club has anticipated this and some of its money is held in euros?

Yep, that's a problem. Any chance the club has anticipated this and some of its money is held in euros?

Wouldn't think so that might be like having a offshore account. It may mean that we see more business done between premier league clubs but you could say Micky Ryan will cost us about 33 million pound now I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Can't imagine work permits being too much of an issue in future for players. Foreigners earning huge wages would be very much welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Unearthly wrote: »
    Can't imagine work permits being too much of an issue in future for players. Foreigners earning huge wages would be very much welcome

Probably not a problem for established stars but it could dry up the route for young lads from here to England.
    Also what will happen re: Bosman ruling and being able to buy out your last year of your contract? (not that it was ever/hardly used).
    That might have a bigger impact in foreign players going to England if the contracts are harder to get out of.

Also on a side topic, won't Amazon.co.uk be more expensive, depending on trade agreements.

paulbok wrote: »
    Probably not a problem for established stars but it could dry up the route for young lads from here to England.
    Also what will happen re: Bosman ruling and being able to buy out your last year of your contract? (not that it was ever/hardly used).
    That might have a bigger impact in foreign players going to England if the contracts are harder to get out of.

Also on a side topic, won't Amazon.co.uk be more expensive, depending on trade agreements.

Amazon UK should be cheaper shouldnt it due to value of pound been less? It will be interesting because realistically no one knows exactly what's gonna happen in next year or so it may turn out that Britain ends up even stronger long term.

• Advertisement

Amazon UK should be cheaper shouldnt it due to value of pound been less? It will be interesting because realistically no one knows exactly what's gonna happen in next year or so it may turn out that Britain ends up even stronger long term.

As an Amazon seller, I've seen 10% of my stock's value wiped off this morning with the drop in the Sterling :( Desperately hoping it recovers somewhat. If you're buying stuff though, you're going to get more bang for your buck this morning.

As an Amazon seller, I've seen 10% of my stock's value wiped off this morning with the drop in the Sterling :( Desperately hoping it recovers somewhat. If you're buying stuff though, you're going to get more bang for your buck this morning.

I know we are off topic but just curious how it affects your stock? Is your stock in Brittish pound based territory I'm guessing?

I read on sky sports website they said players like martial and kante wouldn't of got a work permit if Britain wasn't in the EU last summer. That's going to effect football in the future massively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I know we are off topic but just curious how it affects your stock? Is your stock in Brittish pound based territory I'm guessing?

I read on sky sports website they said players like martial and kante wouldn't of got a work permit if Britain wasn't in the EU last summer. That's going to effect football in the future massively.

They'll have 2 years to figure this all out. Millionaire footballers won't have any issue getting a work permit. It's the lesser lights which will be questioned and may not be approved. That could be a good thing for British players but less chance of discovering the unknown Kante's etc.
    The problems will be that if the sterling doesn't gain strength then their financial power will be massively eroded. They'll have to pay higher wages than their Euro counterparts and transfer fees will be far more expensive.
    A football bubble was mentioned in here the last few days and this may very well end up being a litmus test for that. If the UK's economy tanks there could be big problems down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

As of right now nothing is different. Britain will remain part of the EU (and eveything that goes with that) until they have formally negotiated (and completed) their exit.

How things will differ at that point, no one knows. There are a number of ways it could turn out. They could end up agreeing to free movement of people as part of a trade agreement with the EU (as Norway have) which would mean no difference for EU nationals.

Also, work permit rules were relaxed for non-EU players recently - it could well turn out that work permit rules are relaxed (if required at all) for EU nationals too.

Yeap, my stock is mainly toys, and I store them over in England in Amazon's warehouses. 99% of my sales would be to Brits, Amazon collects the money and then sends it off to me. I've benefited greatly from the fact they pay in Sterling, meaning exchange rates boosted my income. So when the exchange rate drops, so too does how much Amazon pay me once it gets converted to Euro :(

The football side of it could be interesting; Mkhitaryan is now more expensive to us today than he was yesterday, even though Dortmund will get the same either way. I think it could really increase the British Premium on homegrown players, to avoid having to go after expensive foreign stars.

Or Sterling could bounce back, who knows. Certainly exciting; it's one of those news stories that affects every part of every person's life really, from sport to business.

As of right now nothing is different. Britain will remain part of the EU (and eveything that goes with that) until they have formally negotiated (and completed) their exit.

How things will differ at that point, no one knows. There are a number of ways it could turn out. They could end up agreeing to free movement of people as part of a trade agreement with the EU (as Norway have) which would mean no difference for EU nationals.

Also, work permit rules were relaxed for non-EU players recently - it could well turn out that work permit rules are relaxed (if required at all) for EU nationals too.

Ohh yhh I know it won't change in was just giving an example of two high profile players it would of effect.

What agreement do Ireland have with Britain? our players would soon be subject to work permit applications also when it does kick in.

Yeap, my stock is mainly toys, and I store them over in England in Amazon's warehouses. 99% of my sales would be to Brits, Amazon collects the money and then sends it off to me. I've benefited greatly from the fact they pay in Sterling, meaning exchange rates boosted my income. So when the exchange rate drops, so too does how much Amazon pay me once it gets converted to Euro :(

The football side of it could be interesting; Mkhitaryan is now more expensive to us today than he was yesterday, even though Dortmund will get the same either way. I think it could really increase the British Premium on homegrown players, to avoid having to go after expensive foreign stars.

Or Sterling could bounce back, who knows. Certainly exciting; it's one of those news stories that affects every part of every person's life really, from sport to business.

Sorry to hear that tsc that's a bummer alright just shows lots are going to be effected some way or another.

Yeah Micky will cost us more now :(

Another thing that is serious enough too is players that were already bought by installments and addons.

If martial deal was done in euros which Is say it was then he will end up costing a few million extra or if a player was bought and paid for in installments then that's gonna cost more too.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭crank_1975

I'd be very suprised if a business like United hadn't done some sort of currency hedging for this very scenario. Short term the biggest issue will be the exchange rate, don't forget this goes both ways with both the buying club (if UK based) and the player (if EUR based) losing out. Longer term the issues will be around freedom of movement of workers with greater restrictions on non internationals so less chance of any more Martial's (or Roy Keane's for that matter).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ohh yhh I know it won't change in was just giving an example of two high profile players it would of effect.

What agreement do Ireland have with Britain? our players would soon be subject to work permit applications also when it does kick in.

Same agreement as other EU states - we can't have a separate deal to other EU member states. Britain won't be able to negotiate trade/movement deals with individual countries, only the EU in total.

Same agreement as other EU states - we can't have a separate deal to other EU member states. Britain won't be able to negotiate trade/movement deals with individual countries, only the EU in total.

Yeah thought so. Gonna be an interesting couple years from all aspects. Even our Irish north/south border will be changed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement