Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Kobe248 wrote: »
    This isnt accurate at all

Hes had far more than one good season

You clearly havent watched football for the last few years

Have you any actual comment or are you just making stupid assumptions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

glued wrote: »
    Have you any actual comment or are you just making stupid assumptions?

Chill he is a newbie as part of the euros crowd ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Does this now mean that Mata is no longer cup tied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeap, my stock is mainly toys, and I store them over in England in Amazon's warehouses. 99% of my sales would be to Brits, Amazon collects the money and then sends it off to me. I've benefited greatly from the fact they pay in Sterling, meaning exchange rates boosted my income. So when the exchange rate drops, so too does how much Amazon pay me once it gets converted to Euro :(

The football side of it could be interesting; Mkhitaryan is now more expensive to us today than he was yesterday, even though Dortmund will get the same either way. I think it could really increase the British Premium on homegrown players, to avoid having to go after expensive foreign stars.

Or Sterling could bounce back, who knows. Certainly exciting; it's one of those news stories that affects every part of every person's life really, from sport to business.

Unfortunately TSC, I think you'll be stuck in this situation for a while.

Britain has two choices to become like Norway (EEA) and keep the free movement of people and contribute to the EU budget or operate under the WTO rules. The first is the best option but unlikely in the short term. The EU or US will be in no rush to negotiate any trade deals with the UK as doing so would flair up more exit campaigns in the EU with France and The Netherlands becoming more Euro-sceptic in the past few years.

The IMF are predicting unemployment to rise by 2% over the next two years in the UK along with an recession in 2017 if the UK cannot quickly negotiate a deal with the EU, which isn't going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Under current rules for work permits I believe if you play enough for your club, it doesn't matter what is happening at international level.

Some players on that list would/could still suffer on that basis, but De Gea, Martial, Herrera, Schneiderlin etc - they'd be fine.

Under current rules for work permits I believe if you play enough for your club, it doesn't matter what is happening at international level.

Some players on that list would/could still suffer on that basis, but De Gea, Martial, Herrera, Schneiderlin etc - they'd be fine.

Football brings a lot of money into the brittish economy I'd imagine as a whole they won't want to destroy it and will find some way of getting the rules to work with clubs.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Football brings a lot of money into the brittish economy I'd imagine as a whole they won't want to destroy it and will find some way of getting the rules to work with clubs.

Not sure what they can do (honestly not sure).

I don't know what differences would be legally allowed between a footballer and your average worker.

I don't know that it is a football issue, rather than a legal EU issue. I'm sure the PL will be lobbying for a solution that suits them best - but who knows what they will actually get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Its a very intersting side effect of the whole thing though, will be interesting see that comes of it. Think the old rule was you had to play 75% of all international games over previous 2 years or else be deemed a serious talent by soem board. Do think this WP thing could become a serious issue though.

• Advertisement

Not sure what they can do (honestly not sure).

I don't know what differences would be legally allowed between a footballer and your average worker.

I don't know that it is a football issue, rather than a legal EU issue. I'm sure the PL will be lobbying for a solution that suits them best - but who knows what they will actually get.

Isn't the whole reason of leaving the eu is so they can do whatever the fek they want. Most of their laws regarding labour and foreign workers are governed by the EU now but if the British government relax laws on footballers getting work permits I can't see what outsider can tell them not too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Next referendum will be bring back the three foreigners per team rule

Isn't the whole reason of leaving the eu is so they can do whatever the fek they want. Most of their laws regarding labour and foreign workers are governed by the EU now but if the British government relax laws on footballers getting work permits I can't see what outsider can tell them not too.

Would they legally be allowed to treat a french footballer different from a french lad looking to work in a bank?

Outside of the EU, there is potentially no freedom of movement of EU citizens to the UK - that would include footballers - so there would be some form of permit requirement. How they work that is unknown - but it is certainly something that would have to be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-transfer-news-jose-mourinho-continues-to-chase-paul-pogba-a7099961.html
    Manchester United are continuing to pursue Paul Pogba as Jose Mourinho sets out his intent to secure at least four summer signings.
    Mourinho has prioritised signing Pogba but reports suggest the manager is doubtful whether or not the club can secure one of the most highly-sought players of the moment.
    Nonetheless, United remain confident that they will be able to make a statement signing as the club prepares for the new season.
    Sources told Manchester Evening News that Mourinho expects the club to clinch a deal that “will make everyone sit up straight”.

Sounds promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Would they legally be allowed to treat a french footballer different from a french lad looking to work in a bank?

Outside of the EU, there is potentially no freedom of movement of EU citizens to the UK - that would include footballers - so there would be some form of permit requirement. How they work that is unknown - but it is certainly something that would have to be sorted.

Im sure they will bring in some form of exemption with regards to footballers and their work permits. It definitely is going to be interesting to hear what they plan on doing. I'm sure the PL and the FA are already in touch with their contacts in Govt to clarify the situation and hopefully they will release a statement soon enough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We need Pogba, our midfield is very ordinary to be completely honest

There is nobody in there who will worry the opposition, and at the moment our options will probably leave Rooney moonlighting in there again next season which doesn't improve matters

• Advertisement

We need Pogba, our midfield is very ordinary to be completely honest

There is nobody in there who will worry the opposition, and at the moment our options will probably leave Rooney moonlighting in there again next season which doesn't improve matters

Woody will be able to announce him on monday when Ireland send them out :D

I don't see how it would be illegal they can decide afterall that it's OK to leave a footballer play in the country that has made a certain percentage of international appearance if he comes from Brazil or Argentina but if he comes from say an African country he has to have played a higher percentage of matches.

They can also give work permits to trading partners countries easier then say a country they don't trade with.

I'm sure it's all complicated but I would bet that when the brittish government have full control again they will not leave one of their most valuable assists die because of red tape especially when they don't have the eu to sanction them.

I don't see how it would be illegal they can decide afterall that it's OK to leave a footballer play in the country that has made a certain percentage of international appearance if he comes from Brazil or Argentina but if he comes from say an African country he has to have played a higher percentage of matches.

They can also give work permits to trading partners countries easier then say a country they don't trade with.

I'm sure it's all complicated but I would bet that when the brittish government have full control again they will not leave one of their most valuable assists die because of red tape especially when they don't have the eu to sanction them.

From an EU perspective they can't negotiate deals with individual EU countries - so they can't put specific deals in with France and Spain, for example. Any deal has to be agreed with the EU in general (which is a real world problem for Ireland, imo).

If they have different rules for footballers compared to the regular guy in the street, I could see that being challenged in court.

We'll see - it is all speculation. Until they actually start to leave the EU and the framework for their planned exit actually becomes clear, we have no idea how it will effect anything.

The could become members of the ECC or whatever it is called (same as Norway) and basically nothing would change from a free movement perspective.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I'm going to go to bed soon, was watching the Brexit results and then the subsequent carnage.
    Stupid neighbours...

Got that Robert, I was just making a sh*te joke at Jayo's expense!

stankratz wrote: »
    Got that Robert, I was just making a sh*te joke at Jayo's expense!

Took me a while this morning to realise what your joke was haha. My typing on my phone is generally sh1te.

• Advertisement

Took me a while this morning to realise what your joke was haha. My typing on my phone is generally sh1te.

FYP

sorry :p

astradave wrote: »
    FYP

sorry :p

Can't argue in fairness ha.

so apparently Dortmund want 40m but we won't go above 37m :pac:

https://twitter.com/RNBVB/status/746400522282754048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Translation of article:
    Personnel Mkhitaryan remains constant topic at BVB
    DORTMUND For the fans , the mood has long tilted . The association should Henrikh Mkhitaryan quickly sell at a good price and to reorient itself , is one of the more innocuous comments on our website . But the situation is more complicated for Borussia Dortmund . And it might stay that way

Manchester United want to information of this editorial place no more than 30 million pounds ( 37 million euros ) on the table - less than the alleged pain threshold of the BVB , which is said to be 40 million euros .

There are good reasons for BVB to keep Mkhitaryan . Otherwise the third achievers by Mats Hummels and Ilkay Gündogan was gone . And after a successful athletic season . A scenario that the CEO , Hans-Joachim Watzke , had repeatedly ruled out . Nevertheless, a sale is an issue . Because the club introverted Armenians perhaps does not trust in his last contract year , the BVB legitimate throbs to build on the outstanding achievements this season . The professional manner in all respects Robert Lewandowski had this tension endured in 2013 , she even goaded him . Whether that were possible with the sensitive Mkhitaryan ? Questionable.

55 points scorer

Why does the outstanding with 55 points scorer footballer in the Bundesliga away at all? Where but his coach Thomas Tuchel had just exposed his true performance after two disappointing years . So far Mkhitaryan was not considered a player with career plan and bills in mind . he had his interest in new things during this summer can not satisfy .

And in the spring, he was already shortly before the signing of a long-term contract, which would have made him reportedly with about seven million euro salary to one of the top earners among the BVB. As transfer free player he could reap a rich bounty next summer - and would not have to compete from September to the unloved Europa League, but with Dortmund in the Champions League with United.

Internal criticism

Perhaps Mkhitaryan is acidic pushed that he has been klub internally harshly criticized for the defeat in the quarterfinals of the Europa League in Liverpool and in the German Cup final against Bayern Munich. This takes a pro to live. Until then, it was still, agreement and signing a long-term contract were close before. Thereafter consultants Mino Raiola arrived on the scene, demanded opt-outs, lay via Boulevard with the club's management to.

The location is procedural. On July 4 is Trainingsauftakt, the first big match is on 22 July - against Manchester United.

That article translate as gobbly goope :)

If they are that close it will surely go threw we will just pay them 45 million on deadline day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

That article reminds me of when you copy and paste something into an article rewriter for an essay and end up coming out looking ostentatious.

Has anyone here read this Forever Young The Story of Adrian Doherty: Football's Lost Genius,

http://www.balls.ie/football/the-story-of-the-irish-lost-genius-who-would-have-tested-alex-ferguson-unlike-any-other/334316

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im getting tired, I need a new signing to rejuvenate me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

BBC reporting that Liverpool are in for Mane. They are prepared to offer £30 million with Southampton looking for £40 million.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36622030

Actually the article is from this morning so may have already been posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

50 days until the new season starts.

adox wrote: »
    BBC reporting that Liverpool are in for Mane. They are prepared to offer £30 million with Southampton looking for £40 million.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36622030

Actually the article is from this morning so may have already been posted.

Southampton players have done their bit in solidifying Liverpool's 7th place position

Good signing I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hi fols. Planning on going over for the Burnley game so looking for Hotel recommendations. Looking for central location, not too expensive. It will be 4 blokes so nothing fancy required.

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭davehey79

Has anyone here read this Forever Young The Story of Adrian Doherty: Football's Lost Genius,

http://www.balls.ie/football/the-story-of-the-irish-lost-genius-who-would-have-tested-alex-ferguson-unlike-any-other/334316

Had a read of that (very good) and he searched YouTube for any clips and stumbled on this gem (don't recall seeing posted before but if it was apologies)

http://youtu.be/12tkosMqJUw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I have. Really excellent. Shows what might have been. Sad ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Hey lads. Got back from Lille last night. Best trip ever. Wont bore you with the usual details but did anyone go over and spend the night at the street party near the "Temples Bar" for the first night of Summer? Id show videos of the street party if i knew how.
    Anyway it was deadly and Lille was a brilliant host city.
    Getting excited for the new season now. Football just has a way of making you feel amazing at times.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paul-pogba-set-manchester-united-8278529
    Manchester United now lead the race to sign Paul Pogba , according to reports in Spain.
    The French international's agent, Mino Raiola, is in talks with the Old Trafford club about taking the 23-year-old back to the Premier League, according to Madrid-based sports daily AS.

AS claims Real Madrid cannot afford to meet the valuation of Pogba as they need to do renovation to their stadium as well as offer new contracts to Ronaldo and Bale.

• GSPfan wrote: »
    Hey lads. Got back from Lille last night. Best trip ever. Wont bore you with the usual details but did anyone go over and spend the night at the street party near the "Temples Bar" for the first night of Summer? Id show videos of the street party if i knew how.
    Anyway it was deadly and Lille was a brilliant host city.
    Getting excited for the new season now. Football just has a way of making you feel amazing at times.

If you mean the main square then yes. There's a large cathedral just behind it. Loads of people were boozing on the steps. Sing song right in the middle.
    ESPN were there on Wednesday and a load of French and Italians playing instruments with the Irish lads singing along.
    Even the cops were singing ;)

It was also going on at the main metro station by the water fountain.

RobertKK wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paul-pogba-set-manchester-united-8278529

AS claims Real Madrid cannot afford to meet the valuation of Pogba as they need to do renovation to their stadium as well as offer new contracts to Ronaldo and Bale.

I think real will 100 percent get pogba. They will sell James to us for 60 million.

• RobertKK wrote: »

With Modric and Kross bang on form in the Euros I really don't see why they even need him anyway.
    Anyway the Mirror! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Has future guy spoken on pogba yet???

• Advertisement

• jayo26 wrote: »
    I think real will 100 percent get pogba. Did will sell James to us for 60 million.

Agree, That's the only way Utd will get him.
    Madrid are too bloated in midfield.
    For me personally, something about James for me looks weak. I can't see him improving the current midfield, he doesn't look strong enough from the bits of games I have seen him play. He needs work.

davehey79 wrote: »
    Had a read of that (very good) and he searched YouTube for any clips and stumbled on this gem (don't recall seeing posted before but if it was apologies)

Utd signing Des Walker :D

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Agree, That's the only way Utd will get him.
    Madrid are too bloated in midfield.
    For me personally, something about James for me looks weak. I can't see him improving the current midfield, he doesn't look strong enough from the bits of games I have seen him play. He needs work.

If lvg was still in charge I'd say James would be a terrible signing but with jose he could be great.

He would improve us no end if he was given the Oscar role just behind center forward he is hard working and great vision and excellent shot.

You don't need strenght to play in England look at Oscar and couthinho and the likes they are so agile.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    With Modric and Kross bang on form in the Euros I really don't see why they even need him anyway.
    Anyway the Mirror! ;)

It is AS in Spain that has that story, with the rest using that.

https://twitter.com/english_as/status/746589569450151936
    Mourinho’s involvement forces Madrid to reconsider their stance on Pogba. In the back rooms of the Bernabéu, a decision has been made to temporarily put negotiations on hold, as the club considers Juventus’ asking price to be out of reach. Another cause for concern is the player’s economic aspirations – Pogba hopes to take home a post-tax salary of 12 million euros. In such a scenario, he would arrive in Chamartín as the second best paid player in the squad (behind Cristiano) and overtake Sergio Ramos and Gareth Bale in the pay packet hierarchy; and that would be very hard to digest for many within the dressing room...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

zorro2566 wrote: »

Praises our fans but sings about Will Griggs????
    Still a funny clip tho

• Advertisement

Hilarious if Pogba is really looking for 350k a week

He's nowhere near Messi and Ronaldo level of performance, he might be by the time his next contract comes around at 27/28 but now he's just a consistent top level performer, nothing incredible.

Hilarious if Pogba is really looking for 350k a week

He's nowhere near Messi and Ronaldo level of performance, he might be by the time his next contract comes around at 27/28 but now he's just a consistent top level performer, nothing incredible.

The good thing is United have the financial might to beat Real Madrid. The whole of European football knows Real Madrid wants Pogba. I am sure Woodward and Mourinho are happy to out do RM and it would be a statement of intent that would make others sit up and pay attention.
    It would again show that United outside of the champions league can still get the big names and even beat RM to a name if it were to happen.
    If he goes to RM that is the end of him ever returning to United, because it would be the second time he rejected United for a different team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I think we could afford it with the new TV deal and a new noodle sponsor or two
    We're closing the gap to Real for revenue and a few sales could help free capacity for his wages
    Plus Jose will want a show of power and this could be it as he'd outdo Real
    Has that ever happened before???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hi fols. Planning on going over for the Burnley game so looking for Hotel recommendations. Looking for central location, not too expensive. It will be 4 blokes so nothing fancy required.

Cheers!

Premier Inn, Portland St. Inexpensive, comfortable, central. Will have many Norwegians on a game weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Premier Inn, Portland St. Inexpensive, comfortable, central. Will have many Norwegians on a game weekend!

Thanks man, that's the one I've booked! €125 per person for b & b for the two nights, couldn't get anything better in terms of price and location.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement