Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

RobertKK wrote: »
    The good thing is United have the financial might to beat Real Madrid. The whole of European football knows Real Madrid wants Pogba. I am sure Woodward and Mourinho are happy to out do RM and it would be a statement of intent that would make others sit up and pay attention.
    It would again show that United outside of the champions league can still get the big names and even beat RM to a name if it were to happen.
    If he goes to RM that is the end of him ever returning to United, because it would be the second time he rejected United for a different team.

He'll end up at Madrid anyway, possibly via Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

He'll end up at Madrid anyway, possibly via Utd.

La Liga will be poor by then in comparison to Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thanks man, that's the one I've booked! €125 per person for b & b for the two nights, couldn't get anything better in terms of price and location.

Enjoy! I'm planning a trip to the Stoke game with family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Enjoy! I'm planning a trip to the Stoke game with family

We were going to go to that but the EL will likely be played on the Thursday before which means the match will prolly get bumped to Sunday.

Might be something to consider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

La Liga will be poor by then in comparison to Premier League.

I think people are forgetting just how huge that TV deal was. A club like West Ham is going to be able to pay more in wages and transfer fee's than the likes of Juventus and Athletico Madrid who have both been competing for champions Leagues in recent years.

The money in England is mental now. It's no coincidence that all these big name managers have started coming to the league either, they know where the money is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

zerks wrote: »

Faces say it all,Woody delighted with himself and Jose wondering "Where the fu*k did they get this guy"

GettyImages-535885588.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wouldn't be shocked to be honest

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Luckhurst not even waiting for the Euros to finish before starting to wind up the doom merchants :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I wouldn't give that much attention at all. Papers looking for next bit of a story with no quotes or proof.

They said jose had sent scouts to watch sanchez but few weeks ago it was all Uniteds scouts who watched him so many times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Would pay no attention to Sam. A click bait w****r.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Waiter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Waiter?

"You won't believe how many plates this waiter can carry!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Alleging earlier that United are likely to sign pogba...yet had no evidence to support it

The Sun are also saying that United have met the minimum asking price for Pogba.
    The Sun claims Mourinho has spoken to Pogba who they say was impressed by what Mourinho had to say, but he is waiting to see if Real Madrid make an offer which they have not yet.

AS in Spain are saying United offered €120 million which is a problem for Real Madrid.
    The Sun are saying £80 million.
    Both say he has been offered a wage of £200,000 a week.

The Sun are also saying that United have met the minimum asking price for Pogba.
    The Sun claims Mourinho has spoken to Pogba who they say was impressed by what Mourinho had to say, but he is waiting to see if Real Madrid make an offer which they have not yet.

AS in Spain are saying United offered €120 million which is a problem for Real Madrid.
    The Sun are saying £80 million.
    Both say he has been offered a wage of £200,000 a week.

Should find out more tomorrow after he is knocked out of the euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

jayo26 wrote: »
    Should find out more tomorrow after he is knocked out of the euros.

And out for two seasons after Glenn Whelan does a job on him

Get him for 5 million then

Star Sport are saying United have offered £97 million for Pogba, but Raiola is looking for a £20 million fee which would bring the cost to £117 million, he said United would be a 'fascinating' option for Pogba.

There were claims when Real Madrid were said to be in the leading party to sign Pogba that the total cost was €140 million which Real Madrid wanted to bring down.

It is claimed also the Glazers want United to make a statement in the transfer market, getting Pogba and breaking the world transfer record would certainly be a statement.
    Do you remember the time when the Glazers were being blamed for lack of spending... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Star Sport are saying United have offered £97 million for Pogba, but Raiola is looking for a £20 million fee which would bring the cost to £117 million, he said United would be a 'fascinating' option for Pogba.

There were claims when Real Madrid were said to be in the leading party to sign Pogba that the total cost was €140 million which Real Madrid wanted to bring down.

It is claimed also the Glazers want United to make a statement in the transfer market, getting Pogba and breaking the world transfer record would certainly be a statement.
    Do you remember the time when the Glazers were being blamed for lack of spending... :pac:

Why would we pay that much, get Bale in for way less and easily win the league.

astradave wrote: »

IMG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Sorry to sound like a broken record, but pay almost half that for Payet and we'll win the league with Mourinho at the helm.

get bale in for less? Madrid will not sell bale noway and why would they sell him for less then that?

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but pay almost half that for Payet and we'll win the league with Mourinho at the helm.

You don't sound like a broken record you just sound drunk... you ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

£117 could be spent a whole lot better than blowing it all on 1 player.Pogba is an excellent player but that fee is mental and would rather see 2 or 3 players brought in.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    £117 could be spent a whole lot better than blowing it all on 1 player.Pogba is an excellent player but that fee is mental and would rather see 2 or 3 players brought in.

So what if they brought in Ibra, Mickey Ryan and Pogba? There is your 3 players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

20 million to an agent Wtf

get bale in for less? Madrid will not sell bale noway and why would they sell him for less then that?

He cost less when they bought him. Probably would get him for the same price given player inflation

That's makes sense but if you think of it say United only want to bring in 4 players for squad setrling in purposes and say they have 200 million to spend well

120 million on pogba,
    30 million on Bailey,
    40 million on Mickey Ryan,
    And ibra on a free.

How could anyone possibly say that's not a good transfer window. Yeh fair if we only signed pogba and no one else but if they have the money well do it.

Unearthly wrote: »
    20 million to an agent Wtf

The problem is that Agents are a big part of every deal these days and he is the agent of the 3 players i mentioned above.. it would be 6.3m per player to the agent.. you need to be on the right side of agents otherwise you are going to miss out on a hell of a lot of players..

That's not saying that it's right to pay that much or even pay them at all. I'd just rather have him and Mendes on our side..

• Advertisement

No indication Bale wants to leave Madrid.

West Ham have no reason to sell.

Pogba is a power play. If United do sign him, it will raise many an eyebrow, and cause concern at the Bernabeu when it comes to what use to be easy when it came to them signing who they wanted.
    The balance of power in soccer is going towards the English league, and the English teams will be winning the CL again with all the money that is pumping in from next season.
    Come last in the PL next year and get around £100 million prize money...win the PL and get over £150 million.

He cost less when they bought him. Probably would get him for the same price given player inflation

I mean how would you get him for less when madrid don't want to sell him. If anything the euros would of shown just how good bale is that he is still able perform onot a high level with average players around him.

Only way you would persuade madrid to sell him would be a minimum 150 million that is not saying he is worth it but why would they entertain a bid for less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

astradave wrote: »
    So what if they brought in Ibra, Mickey Ryan and Pogba? There is your 3 players

Mickey Ryan ?

You don't sound like a broken record you just sound drunk... you ok?
    Ironically I am drunk :P - well at least getting there anyway. What's wrong about my post?

When you put the transfer budget into perspective.... with TV money and addidas and chevy that's a minimum 200 million that's not even taking into account match day earnings and all the other sponsors and endorsements it's a fraction even allowing for wages for the entire squad after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It is ludicrous money, and no matter how confident/cocky the kid may seem it's going to be incredibly difficult to live up to those figures, he has been playing with no real expectations on his shoulders at Juventus for a couple of years now and it's hard to know how he'll handle real pressure.

I'm not going to complain if it happens but at the same time it won't be a big surprise if we regret it a couple of years down the line.

I think his contract would need to be heavily incentivised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gomes with another awful game

stay well clear utd, stay well clear

Ironically I am drunk :P - well at least getting there anyway. What's wrong about my post?

You endorsed signing a 29 year old one season wonder player for 60 million that's crazy :)

No indication Bale wants to leave Madrid.

West Ham have no reason to sell.

Pogba is a power play. If United do sign him, it will raise many an eyebrow, and cause concern at the Bernabeu when it comes to what use to be easy when it came to them signing who they wanted.
    The balance of power in soccer is going towards the English league, and the English teams will be winning the CL again with all the money that is pumping in from next season.
    Come last in the PL next year and get around £100 million prize money...win the PL and get over £150 million.
    Good point. Regardless, at this moment in time IMO Payet would do more for us than Pogba would. Would be delighted if we were to get Pogba nevertheless however.

Mickey Ryan ?

Henrihk Mhkitaryan

• Advertisement

Mickey Ryan ?

Armenian player plays for Dortmund. His nickname is Mkithryan but that sounds stupid so we use his proper name.

You endorsed signing a 29 year old one season wonder player for 60 million that's crazy :)
    Forgive me for stating my opinion on a Man U debate forum now jayo. :pac: I just think he's excellent. The best option for us at the moment in my opinion.

I mean how would you get him for less when madrid don't want to sell him. If anything the euros would of shown just how good bale is that he is still able perform onot a high level with average players around him.

Only way you would persuade madrid to sell him would be a minimum 150 million that is not saying he is worth it but why would they entertain a bid for less.

They could be tempted....but anyway the main point is 120 mil is too much for Pogba!

Headshot wrote: »
    Gomes with another awful game

stay well clear utd, stay well clear

We won't be signing him. Jose said he would be signing no Portuguese players and it has been claimed that Renato Sanches was the only Portuguese that he wanted, and we know how that went -it is being blamed on United delaying as they waited for Van Gaal to be sacked at season end.

Forgive me for stating my opinion on a Man U debate forum now jayo. :pac: I just think he's excellent. The best option for us at the moment in my opinion.

Forgive me for thinking your opinion makes you sound drunk ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Sanches is such a classy player

Forgive me for thinking your opinion makes you sound drunk ;)
    I don't agree with some people in here but I don't say they sound drunk. I certainly don't try to belittle people either. All the best on your voyage of self-affirmation.

I don't agree with some people in here but I don't say they sound drunk. I certainly don't try to belittle people either. All the best on your voyage of self-affirmation.

Ahh stop now not trying belittle anyone I'm sorry if that's how you feel.
    Enjoy your drinks tho.

I know how much everyone here loves Guillem Ballague...

https://twitter.com/guillembalague/status/746620918395449345

Mourinho also wants Pogba. Madrid don't want to pay €120m plus €25m commission to his agent as.com/futbol/2016/06… @diarioas (Spanish)

• Advertisement

Ahh stop now not trying belittle anyone I'm sorry if that's how you feel.
    Enjoy your drinks tho.
    :p Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement