Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Sanches is such a classy player

He will be a superstar.

Bayern fans must be excited to have him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

€25 million to an agent? It's not my money and the club is loaded but fúck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'd rather a PL prove Schneiderlin than R Sanches though. Morgan was incredible at S'ton when he was on. I think every player within reason deserves a free ticket after the jail sentence of LVG's system to prove their worth. The likes of Depay, Herrera, Darmian etc. are included here. Hard to judge when the confidence of any attacking threat was slowly drained out of the team over time.

jayo26 wrote: »
    You endorsed signing a 29 year old one season wonder player for 60 million that's crazy :)

20 million going to an agent is beyond the realms of understanding though

I don't agree with some people in here but I don't say they sound drunk. I certainly don't try to belittle people either. All the best on your voyage of self-affirmation.

Jayos a messer no harm in him sound skin would have a pint with...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

20 million going to an agent is beyond the realms of understanding though

Yeah totally agree with that it's crazy stupid money but I guess transfered of that magnitude don't come along that often.
    I wonder what was the agent fees in the Ronaldo and Bale transferes?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I hope United are not genuinely thinking of spending that much money on a single player.

I would like to United can be smarter in the transfer market than that.

Yeah totally agree with that it's crazy stupid money but I guess transfered of that magnitude don't come along that often.
    I wonder what was the agent fees in the Ronaldo and Bale transferes?

I havent a clue tbf but that is just nuts, its a third of the money that payet would cost if you believe what the press is saying.

The worst for me is its a lot of money leaving the football community to one person who doesnt contribute to it in any really meaningfull way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Chill out lad
    Jayo is one of the good guys round here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

DM_7 wrote: »
    I hope United are not genuinely thinking of spending that much money on a single player.

I would like to United can be smarter in the transfer market than that.

Agreed, I can accept spending 50mill on a player but 120mill is astronomical,id prefer schneiderlin to get a run and maybe even go for Willem Carvalho or Krychowiak

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Chill out lad
    Jayo is one of the good guys round here

Wait till he meets pro f when he gets back from his holliday.

jayo26 wrote:
    Wait till he meets pro f when he gets back from his holliday.

If he thinks your bad
    Pro f will open his eyes.. and ears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

astradave wrote: »
    Henrihk Mhkitaryan

Haha ffs.

I knew it was some sorta Larry White job but wouldn't have guessed that in a 100 years.

Mickey is a right good player ,would be a good asset.Has looked a good player the last 4/5 years .

yabadabado wrote: »
    Haha ffs.

I knew it was some sorta Larry White job but wouldn't have guessed that in a 100 years.

Mickey is a right good player ,would be a good asset.Has looked a good player the last 4/5 years .

Haha thank you.... someone tried to say he had only one good season like payet and kante.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Not my money they are spending but pogba for that money seems insane.

One thing for sure pogba is world class. Just hope he grabs games by the nuts from midfield if he signs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would have zero problems paying €120m for Pogba.

Would wrap up our midfield for the next 7-8 years (unless Real come calling, in which case, we'd make the money back and possibly more). World class talent, a few steps above any other midfielder his age and profile. **** the media or any opposition fans who'd push the "isn't it embarrassing to call him back..." nonsense; they can push that all they want when we're back winning the league as Pogba dominates their midfield :P

If you want world class talents, genuinely top level players, you've got to pay big bucks, and there's no player of his age or position who'd come close to his level of ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

It seems a bit sickening to be paying £120 million for pogba when he was a youth player at united who Juventus signed from us on a free.

Can we get fergie to pay half since it's his fault he left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

From some fella called Fabrizo Romano
    Mkhitaryan is now really close to Man United: last bid is €38M, waiting for BVB answer but #MUFC is convinced the deal will be finalized.

I have a slight feeling that all these pogba stories are from a leak designed to push real Madrid into action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Madrid can't afford him. They have a stadium to pay for.

Kirby wrote: »
    Madrid can't afford him. They have a stadium to pay for.

They could easily afford him the Spanish government ain't that broke as I said yesterday they would easily get half that money by selling James to United.

From some fella called Fabrizo Romano

He also said few minutes ago that ibra be on Manchester first week in July, donno who he is but I'd expect a couple deals that week to tie in with Jose's first presser.

Edit: looks like the Romano dude is a colleague of Di Marzio and works for sky Italia.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

Di Marzio saying Mkhitaryan and Ibrahimovic done deals

Anyway back on topic I still can't get over how much Anthony Joshua looks like Mike Smalling.

Who Anthony Joshua
    When we signed him
    Loved him since reading your post

What's his FIFA pro evo and football manager stats like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Would have zero problems paying €120m for Pogba.

Would wrap up our midfield for the next 7-8 years (unless Real come calling, in which case, we'd make the money back and possibly more). World class talent, a few steps above any other midfielder his age and profile. **** the media or any opposition fans who'd push the "isn't it embarrassing to call him back..." nonsense; they can push that all they want when we're back winning the league as Pogba dominates their midfield :P

If you want world class talents, genuinely top level players, you've got to pay big bucks, and there's no player of his age or position who'd come close to his level of ability.

Exactly my opinion!

Can you imagine José getting him fired up before big games talking about Rapheal playing cm infront of him and scholes coming out of retirement and playing before him!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Can't see Pogba signing. Zlatan and Michael Ryan seem done though

Who Anthony Joshua
    When we signed him
    Loved him since reading your post

What's his FIFA pro evo and football manager stats like

Haha why am I in bits laughing at this.

I can't seem to find him on fm or fifa so I can't scout him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Unearthly wrote: »
    Can't see Pogba signing. Zlatan and Michael Ryan seem done though

For the love of god can we can call him by his real name...

MICKEY RYAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

hangar18_ wrote: »
    Di Marzio saying Mkhitaryan and Ibrahimovic done deals

He also said City were close to Aubameyang a few weeks ago (a claim that was rubbished by the reliable English journos soon after.

Di Marzio jumps on the bandwagon of transfers that look very likely to happen and gets most right because of this. He's the Sven-Goran Eriksson of journalists. A complete chancer that's made it as an 'ITK'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Haha thank you.... someone tried to say he had only one good season like payet and kante.

I remember he looked deadly v Ireland in the Euro 2012 qualifiers. That's one of the first times I really took notice of him.
    Be a very good signing and it's not huge money either.

If him, Zlatan and Pogba are signed where do people think Rooney will fit into the team ?

yabadabado wrote: »
    I remember he looked deadly v Ireland in the Euro 2012 qualifiers. That's one of the first times I really took notice of him.
    Be a very good signing and it's not huge money either.

If him, Zlatan and Pogba are signed where do people think Rooney will fit into the team ?
    Waterboy :D

jayo26 wrote:
    Haha why am I in bits laughing at this.

I can't seem to find him on fm or fifa so I can't scout him.[/quote]
    Try Pro evo....
    Its funny cos you know we're not these jump on the bandwagon merchant s and we always throw this line out for randomers people mention
    I.e. who suggested signing payet last season.. now they want to spend 60m on him... with no sell on value ... please...

United need midfield players that can control the game, that is not Pogba (today). He is a third midfielder, he is a guy you put in the side to capitalise on the control other players are bringing to the team.

His reported fee makes him a luxury signing, a signing that is made when everything else is already close to right. United are nowhere near that.

United need to strategically use the money available to put a side together that has quality throughout rather then investing huge amounts in one player and become dependent on that player.

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote:
    United need midfield players that can control the game, that is not Pogba. He is a third midfielder, he is a guy you put in the side to capitalise on the control other players are bringing to the team.

DM you make a valid point there but I think Morgan plus one (schweini,Rooney,blind) plus Pogba could be a big midfield

I think Morgan could prosper under Jose in the makelele type role

I can't seem to find him on fm or fifa so I can't scout him.
    Try Pro evo....
    Its funny cos you know we're not these jump on the bandwagon merchant s and we always throw this line out for randomers people mention
    I.e. who suggested signing payet last season.. now they want to spend 60m on him... with no sell on value ... please...[/quote]

Tell ya brinty not many are on our level haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

De Gea
    Darmian--Smalling--Bailly--Shaw
    -Schneiderlin--Pogba--Schweinsteiger/Carrick
    Mkhitaryan--Ibrahimovic--Martial

jayo26 wrote:
    Tell ya brinty not many are on our level haha.

Thank god for that Jayo

On a side note
    Star on Sunday saying draxler in 30m deal on BBC gossip page...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Thank god for that Jayo

On a side note
    Star on Sunday saying draxler in 30m deal on BBC gossip page...

I reckon we have Draxler lined up if Mickey doesn't go through..

• Advertisement

astradave wrote:
    I reckon we have Draxler lined up if Mickey doesn't go through..

Makes sense
    Younger,cheaper and resellable
    Or puts a target in Dortmund's mind they can replace Micky Ryan with....

Makes sense
    Younger,cheaper and resellable
    Or puts a target in Dortmund's mind they can replace Micky Ryan with....

Can't see Dortmund paying the sort of money that Wolfsburg are looking for. It has been reported that they are looking at Schurrle as a replacement.. big step down tbf

I'd be heartbroken if we didn't get Micky at this stage I don't want anyone else having him.

Lads google top ten midfielders No:22

I'd be heartbroken if we didn't get Micky at this stage I don't want anyone else having him.

So what your really saying is:

You love a bit of Mickey

So what your really saying is:

You love a bit of Mickey

Now I feel sick.

hangar18_ wrote: »
    Lads google top ten midfielders No:22

Not being bad and also not googling.. but curious why there is a no.22 in the top 10 midfielders

DM you make a valid point there but I think Morgan plus one (schweini,Rooney,blind) plus Pogba could be a big midfield

I think Morgan could prosper under Jose in the makelele type role

In theory it could work, but the question marks over other players would be a big concern and could undermine such major investment in one player today.

For example, I am not sure about Morgan in that position at all. Has he shown the discipline and awareness for that role? I know he is strong at pressing and facing up to opponents, moving around the pitch. In the holding role he always looks confused about where he should play. At Southampton Wanyama was the main holding player

We can come up with fantasy line ups from the current team and Pogba. But they will all place a dependence on Pogba. I would worry about United spending big on any single player right now when so many existing players have question marks about them. I am not convinced the support is there right now.

It think it's better to take things a little slower and establish what the team really needs and invest accordingly. Smaller investments can be made now to tide things over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Lol someone told me today we were signing some mad rusky sounding fella today. So I came here its low and behold its obv Mike Ryan. To be fair we need another Mike to go along with Carrick and smalling.

Not being bad and also not googling.. but curious why there is a no.22 in the top 10 midfielders

Because its jose mourinho

Jose Mourinho

Jose Mourinho

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement