Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Kankan14 wrote:
    Lol someone told me today we were signing some mad rusky sounding fella today. So I came here its low and behold its obv Mike Ryan. To be fair we need another Mike to go along with Carrick and smalling.

Mike Ryan
    Go home you're drunk it's Micky Ryan
    Mike is from a different clan of Ryan's of the same parish

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

brinty wrote: »
    Mike Ryan

lad its Mick Ryan of ryanssupervalue

J. Marston wrote: »
    €25 million to an agent? It's not my money and the club is loaded but fúck that.

F**kin' eejits if they pay him that, i'd happily do it for €10m.

Seriously though, this would be a massive insult to humankind if it were to be true.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    For the love of god can we can call him by his real name...

MICKY RYAN
    jayo26 wrote: »
    I'd be heartbroken if we didn't get Micky at this stage I don't want anyone else having him.
    Mike Ryan

Boys, boys...wow...whisht.....you're all f**king drunk! When did we decide we were dropping the 'E'?? Before he signs and jerseys start getting printed, we have to nail down a spelling. Don't want some excited kid in China waking up on Christmas morning and opening their present to see a typo on the back of the shirt. The poor father probably worked for a year making a million of them just to be able to afford to buy him one.

It's Mickey Ryan, the only Es we'll be dropping will be after we beat the French later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Mike Ryan

Any relation to Bobby Ryan used play for Tipp? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Thibus

They could easily afford him the Spanish government ain't that broke as I said yesterday they would easily get half that money by selling James to United.

Didn't Real offer James to Utd for 50m?
    Almost sure I read that somewhere

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Waking up to DiMarizio saying United have the Ibra and Mkhitaryan deals done, and are talking about Pogba now, makes me so happy. Reads like he was briefed by Raiola.

Another point about the cost of Pogba; we're doing well getting Ibra in for "free" and Mkhitaryan in for "only" €40m. So we're in a position where we can overpay somewhat for Pogba (not, mind, that I believe he's joining us at all).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Waking up to DiMarizio saying United have the Ibra and Mkhitaryan deals done, and are talking about Pogba now, makes me so happy. Reads like he was briefed by Raiola.

Reads more like he's seen the strong reports in Germany that Mkhitaryan is very likely and everybody knows Ibra is likely. He also read the Telegraph and AS report that Utd are talking about Pogba.

This is what Di Marzio does. He essentially steals reliable (relatively) reports from other publications and passes it off as his own. The same way many other journos do it but Di Marzio is obviously smarter at it and does it on a bigger scale. What a charlatan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That fee for Pogba sounds outrageous. Paying that puts pressure on Mourinho, Woodward and the player himself, immediately.

If I was the Glazers and sanctioned 120m on a player, I expect the league to be won season one, and that player to be incredible. And would be having serious inquiries if that turned out not to be the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Why would pogba choose a club that isn't in the champions league next season? He'd be better off to stay at juventus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Good as he is it would be utter madness to spend such sums on him.

I can't for one second believe it's based on anything solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

rob316 wrote: »
    Why would pogba choose a club that isn't in the champions league next season? He'd be better off to stay at juventus.

Are they going to pay him £200k plus a week?
    I don't think he will be coming but more than doubling your weekly wage is incentive enough for anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I don't get all this "why would X join when we're not in the Champions League?". Money talks to these lads more than a few european games. I'd be the same myself!

Most CL games are rubbish, especially the group. And big teams rest players galore once enough points are on the board. English teams no longer need the Champions League thanks to the new TV deal. Now it's only a "momento". Getting there means nothing any more. The priority for all will be to stay in the league

As for signings, I guess Zlatan is a done deal once he gets his payoff from PSG. Mickey Ryan will join too if we're only whinging over a couple million with Dortmund. That leaves Pogba then. Paying that money is crazy, but if we pay it so be it. I'd be more upset giving his agent 20m or whatever he's after. Exactly, what has he done for that? Pure madness.

Finally, Mr. Rooney. Say we play the Jose way (4-2-3-1), I see no place for him. As part of the 2, no. Bastian/Morgan/Blind/Pogba? all superior there. Haven't mentioned Herrera either and I'd like him to get a run. That leaves as part of the 3, and most likely in the centre. Again, no from me. Prefer Mata in the middle. Let the man play where he's best. Ander could be there either, even Zlatan (if he signs) could control from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just out of curiosity who could we realistically sign if we shouldn't sign pogba? What other box to box midfielder is available?

Do we need a box to box midfielder if we play rooney in same position as he plays for England?

Would we be better getting a more advanced midfielder like James or isco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭roosterman71

MEN reporting that Everton are interested in Morgan

http://www.football365.com/news/everton-to-target-morgan-schneiderlin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

DM you make a valid point there but I think Morgan plus one (schweini,Rooney,blind) plus Pogba could be a big midfield

I think Morgan could prosper under Jose in the makelele type role

Herrera is better than Schweini, Rooney or Blind.

• Advertisement

@jayo

I think Kante might be another option to Pogba. We could put him in the base two

I think if pogba or anyone else is coming in we might lose one of Daley or Morgan or Ander as we'd get decent money for any of them

@jayo

I think Kante might be another option to Pogba. We could put him in the base two

I think if pogba or anyone else is coming in we might lose one of Daley or Morgan or Ander as we'd get decent money for any of them

Kante would be a good option he shouldn't cost 60 million anyway and would have a sell on value. I wonder are Leicester going to be more United by vardy signing a new contract I'd reckon they might hang onto kante.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

@jayo

The money being quoted for Pogba is silly and I just dont see us spending that on a player we let go for free.
    I would rather see us signing Kante and another middle of the park player, ideally Kroos, Barkley, Modric or more attacking player James, Reus than blowing a load on Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Bailly got married on Friday. Fergie would have loved him!

Robson99 wrote: »
    The money being quoted for Pogba is silly and I just dont see us spending that on a player we let go for free.
    I would rather see us signing Kante and another middle of the park player, ideally Kroos, Barkley, Modric or more attacking player James, Reus than blowing a load on Pogba

This absolutely should not play a single second of a role in any decision of whether or not Pogba is the man we want. Not one solitary second. Plenty of other perfectly valid reasons to worry about him, but letting him go for free is not one.

• Advertisement

Robson99 wrote: »

But the problem with most of the names you mentioned is are they realistic.

Modri touching 30 now guaranteed to be in Madrid first team next year they won't want to sell and he ain't worth throwing money at ti temp them to sell.

Kroos is getable bit long contract with madrid and in my opinion he is very slow but good passer of the ball but madrid would end up raping us for him.

James I'd love to sign and our of all the players he would offer us the most and best value for money.

Barkley no thanks too inconsistent and wouldn't improve us over a full season.

Reus is a good central midfielder but very injury prone.

Pogba 120 million you get one of the best midfielders for his age could give you 12 years service and scores goals and defends well and if he did play awesome for us you would get the money back on him or close to it.

Embolo to Schalke confirmed now.

Fair play to him if he did choose playing time over money. Speaks of a smart young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Would have zero problems paying €120m for Pogba.

Would wrap up our midfield for the next 7-8 years (unless Real come calling, in which case, we'd make the money back and possibly more). World class talent, a few steps above any other midfielder his age and profile. **** the media or any opposition fans who'd push the "isn't it embarrassing to call him back..." nonsense; they can push that all they want when we're back winning the league as Pogba dominates their midfield :P

If you want world class talents, genuinely top level players, you've got to pay big bucks, and there's no player of his age or position who'd come close to his level of ability.
    Completely agree. What is money at the end of the day when you are almost guaranteed success. We'd make it back in spades eventually anyway.

Embolo to Schalke confirmed now.

Fair play to him if he did choose playing time over money. Speaks of a smart young man.

That's could be a chain reaction. He goes schalke and schurlle goes Dortmund and Mickey comes to Manchester.

jayo26 wrote:
    That's could be a chain reaction. He goes schalke and schurlle goes Dortmund and Mickey comes to Manchester.

Jayo
    It's Micky not Mickey

Jayo
    It's Micky not Mickey

It's Mickey... Micky sounds too vulgar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

It's Mickey... Micky sounds too vulgar.

Your right... This was cleared up on the last page

Right got my cheap fake green shirt on now and ready to get hammered along with Ireland so hopefully next time we talk we are looking forward to the ultimate grudge match against England in the next round.

Meath Jersey will have to do
    There's only one #coybig for me today
    Hup the royal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Meath Jersey will have to do
    There's only one #coybig for me today
    Hup the royal

As a fellow meath person I'll take Dublin breaking scoring records twice over if Ireland can scrap a win. And I work in a pub full of dubs later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

120m for Paul?

Give them 240m after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Love Pogba, obviously in a hurry to get to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

€120m for Robbie Brady more like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pogba having an awful game again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Jayo
    It's Micky not Mickey

F**k off Brinty :mad:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Greizmann is just so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Headshot wrote: »

For €120M you would expect a bit of consistency. If anything Pogba has gone backwards in the last year. He's too inconsistent.

Greizmann is just so good.

Would like United to have a chat with his agent and look to sign him in 2017 when we are hopefully back in the CL, as he will cost €100 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Headshot wrote: »

Jaysus I thought he played well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

adox wrote: »

Did his usual, good on the ball while under challenge, brings it forward well but his final decision is questionable.

Evra on ITV couldn't praise the Irish including the Irish people enough.
    Relieved to be through is how he seemed to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

RobertKK wrote: »
    Would like United to have a chat with his agent and look to sign him in 2017 when we are hopefully back in the CL, as he will cost €100 million.

I don't know about anyone else but I just realised I f*cking hate Griezmann.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

From an Irish point of view. He's an unreal player though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

haha nice one.

• Advertisement

I find it strangely annoying that the assistant manager always wears the same as loew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

adox wrote: »

I dont think he played well in the first half but played better in the 2nd half. idk for the money he supposedly worth, he never has put in that unbelievable performance

Headshot wrote:
    I dont think he played well in the first half but played better in the 2nd half. idk for the money he supposedly worth, he never has put in that unbelievable performance

Bale v inter type performance,? Maybe not. His potential is very evident though.

If there was as much attention paid to a 22 year old Keane or Vieira how would they fare under such scrutiny? Likely as inconsistent and not imposing on the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Especially with his Poxy fifa type celebration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Pogba is not even near a 120 mil player. Maybe 40 mil. Still way to much to prove. Don't think any player is worth 120 at the moment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement