Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Pogba is not even near a 120 mil player. Maybe 40 mil. Still way to much to prove. Don't think any player is worth 120 at the moment.

40m euro is 32m pounds. Leicester recently failed with a Bid of 30m pounds for Troy Deeney.

What you think a player is worth is a lot different than what the market determines the player is worth..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

astradave wrote: »
    40m euro is 32m pounds. Leicester recently failed with a Bid of 30m pounds for Troy Deeney.

What you think a player is worth is a lot different than what the market determines the player is worth..

Yeah but what the market determines he is worth doesn't mean he is actually that good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Surely that's not true? 30m pounds for Deeney is mental!

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Yeah but what the market determines he is worth doesn't mean he is actually that good

True, and I don't agree that he is worth 120m euro but he is definitely worth more than 40.. he's probably somewhere in the middle.. in the 60-80m euro range.
    mewe wrote: »
    Surely that's not true? 30m pounds for Deeney is mental!

They failed with bids of 20m, 25m and 30m pounds. Mental is the exact word I'd use to describe it :pac:

True, and I don't agree that he is worth 120m euro but he is definitely worth more than 40.. he's probably somewhere in the middle.. in the 60-80m euro range.

They failed with bids of 20m, 25m and 30m pounds. Mental is the exact word I'd use to describe it :pac:

Troy Feeney for 30 ffs. Who is smoking that ****. Worth about 10 on a good day

I find 30m pounds hard to believe. Where did you hear that?

Draxler looking great for the Germans, linked with a move to United today!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

zorro2566 wrote: »

Tidy player alright but it's easy enough to look good attaching a defence being captained by Martin Skrtel :)

mewe wrote: »
    I find 30m pounds hard to believe. Where did you hear that?

John Percy from the Telegraph is where i heard it, linked from Redcafe transfer thread, think it was widely reported by others too.. pretty sure the 3 figures are on the summer transfer thread here.

zorro2566 wrote: »

Thought he was very average

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

People who've watched Pogba in 4 games in the last 2 years calling him overrated and inconsistent despite him running the show week in week out for Juventus.

He's not Messi or Ronaldo but he's a ridiculously talented football and he's in the top 10 players in the world, which at his age which makes him a potential transfer record breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mickey Ryan's move edging ever close to being done.

https://twitter.com/MUFCScoop/status/747143865447112704

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ohhh that's who Micky Ryan is.:o:o

I been away about 2 weeks so thought he was some sort of English Prodigy or something:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    People who've watched Pogba in 4 games in the last 2 years calling him overrated and inconsistent despite him running the show week in week out for Juventus.

He's not Messi or Ronaldo but he's a ridiculously talented football and he's in the top 10 players in the world, which at his age which makes him a potential transfer record breaker.

He simply isn't worth the money that it seemingly would cost to get him.

If United spunked that sort of cash away on Pogba I would be very disappointed and its got nothing to do with his performances at the euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I don't watch Pogba week in, week out but I've seen him in big CL games and for France. He's got bags of talent but I've never really seen him absolutely dominate a game.
    Serie A is full of dross and he's in a team that walks it every season. I'm not sure he would look anywhere near as good as people say if he was plonked into the United midfield.

He's a talent, no doubt and I'd take him in a heartbeat but for that money? Way overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

I don't watch Pogba week in, week out but I've seen him in big CL games and for France. He's got bags of talent but I've never really seen him absolutely dominate a game.
    Serie A is full of dross and he's in a team that walks it every season. I'm not sure he would look anywhere near as good as people say if he was plonked into the United midfield.

He's a talent, no doubt and I'd take him in a heartbeat but for that money? Way overpriced.

Surely if they were to pay that then part of the reason is to send out a message that man united can beat everyone else to the biggest signings?

The biggest part of the story is surely 19million to an agent to broker the deal. Horrible as it may seem, linking up with mendes and raiola could be huge for years to come. Do players have a say at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Said the same thing about him the other day....for a World Class Talent in some people's eyes he has only shown flashes of form in big games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lads we spunked 60m on martial last summer with all the potential add one etc

Barely proven at the top level and look how he did for us this season and the potential to improve further

Pogba is a world class ready talent now and the rate we've to pay for him is set by the market

Some of you whinge about us lacking ambition,others about not going for top talent yet when we do we're off our heads looking for unacheivable targets or oh I we shouldn't spend that much blah blah ...

Christ some of you remind me of the guy that the best looking girl at a disco is falling over and you want to snog her fat ugly bestie...

you make no sense...

• brinty wrote: »

Barely proven at the top level and look how he did for us this season and the potential to improve further

Pogba is a world class ready talent now and the rate we've to pay for him is set by the market

Some of you whinge about us lacking ambition,others about not going for top talent yet when we do we're off our heads looking for unacheivable targets or oh I we shouldn't spend that much blah blah ...

Christ some of you remind me of the guy that the best looking girl at a disco is falling over and you want to snog her fat ugly bestie...

you make no sense...

Probably because he knows the fat bestie will do more in the sack

Sorry.....Couldn't resist

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Probably because he knows the fat bestie will do more in the sack

Sorry.....Couldn't resist

I know mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

brinty wrote: »

you make no sense...

People having opinions on a discussion board. Imagine that.

John Percy from the Telegraph is where i heard it, linked from Redcafe transfer thread, think it was widely reported by others too.. pretty sure the 3 figures are on the summer transfer thread here.

John Percy is a spoofer and a spiv! He's like a busted flush Bill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

zerks wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    Look at that while listening to the intro of this tune. Life does not get better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Was reading a bit about Micky (unbelievable surname) and the below stuck out.

I can only imagine the conversations he'd have with Rooney.

The interview is hilarious. So much lost in translation.
    Don’t you want to live in Europe? You know so many languages!
    – I don’t want to move there so far. And languages… We talk French only with our physiotherapist Clement Hazard. Oh, and with Mister! But with him, you can also speak English, Russian and Portuguese. Except Armenian. To be honest, I would like to have a good command of English, I always liked it.

– Have you got a higher education?
    – Yes, I graduated from the Institute of Physical Culture in Armenia. Currently, I study economics at the Yerevan branch of the St. Petersburg Institute. I entered it because their degree is valid in almost sixty countries. When I graduate, I want to study there as a lawyer. And at the same time, I will master my English.

http://www.armradio.am/en/2013/02/27/11034/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mane to Liverpool a done deal according to the BBC.
    One to strike off the list so

adox wrote: »
    Mane to Liverpool a done deal according to the BBC.
    One to strike off the list so

A good signing for them. Would fit in very well with their style of play.

They should have just bought Southampton FC outright. Would probably have worked out cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

They should have just bought Southampton FC outright. Would probably have worked out cheaper.

And a higher league position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Evra is a United legend. One of my favourite United players ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Micky Ryan as he is known around these parts, took a while to settle at Dortmund so could need patience while settling at United too if he is signed.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

bangkok wrote: »
    Evra is a United legend. One of my favourite United players ever
    He's an absolute United hero. I love his respect for the club. He always big's us up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

hogandrew wrote: »
    Surely if they were to pay that then part of the reason is to send out a message that man united can beat everyone else to the biggest signings?

Have you ever considered how stupid an ambition that might be?

Seriously, send a message to who exactly? Spend more than the value of Everton football club on one single player just to prove what exactly? That United have loads of money? That selling clubs should milk us for every penny? That we are more concerned with image than with effective team building?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Nice to see even Klopp continuing the Liverpool tradition of taking players from Southampton.

Not too bothered with Mane. He could be immense for them but purchase from a mid table club shouldn't bother us. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Rojo got sent off in the Copa final, and Chile had a player sent off too.

Into extra time as it finished 0-0, hope it goes to penalties, want to see how Romero does.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

People who watch few of his goals on youtube or vine thinks he is in top 10 players in the world.

Romero saves Vidal penalty, then Messi takes a penalty as if he is a central back with an awful touch and sent it way over the bar.
    It was worth it for the penalty shoot out, would take De Gea over Romero but Romero did save 1.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    People who watch few of his goals on youtube on vine thinks he is in top 10 players in the world.

Pogba did make the Ballon Dor team in January.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Pogba did make the Ballon Dor team in January.

More a popularity contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    People who watch few of his goals on youtube or vine thinks he is in top 10 players in the world.

Or people who watch Italian football weekly as they're huge inter fans... I was devastated when your boss left us.

Trust me I wish pogba was overrated and not that good but he's legit. He brings amazing technique and freakish physical gifts for the table. Is he worth 150m? no but if that's what the market dictates then so be it. I'd rather one Paul Pogba than 5 troy deeneys.

Worst case scenario you spend infinite and get a top class player. Best case you get a generational player and multiple balon winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Big day today. Sky confirm ibrahimovic having his medical next week and mkhitaryan fee agreed for only 23 million. Happy days!

I see Messi says he's going to retire from international football after losing the Copa final. Can you imagine how much of a whinger Ronaldo would be if he did that :pac:

So
    Zlatan 1 year deal possibly by Friday once he gets his 4m loyalty bonus from PSG and something similar of us cos there's no transfer fee. Terms agreed and medical pending

Micky Ryan 26.3m during the next week with terms agreed and medical pending

And people moan that were not getting things done..

Hopefully they get Pogba done Asap after Euros if they haven't already done so as Raiola is agent formally three players...

Then we can look at the mendes client listing... maybe a couple of younger players

26 million is a fantastic deal for ManUtd.

Or people who watch Italian football weekly as they're huge inter fans... I was devastated when your boss left us.

Trust me I wish pogba was overrated and not that good but he's legit. He brings amazing technique and freakish physical gifts for the table. Is he worth 150m? no but if that's what the market dictates then so be it. I'd rather one Paul Pogba than 5 troy deeneys.

Worst case scenario you spend infinite and get a top class player. Best case you get a generational player and multiple balon winner.

Inter fan? Thought you were Liverpool fan. Inter is the team I follow in Serie A. Good to see inter fan here.

I didn't watch him every week but watched many games. For the price and how people rate him you would expect him to control and influence game like Iniesta but he is far from that level. Like I said previously, I rate Verratti higher than Pogba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lacking in centre back.

Sorted.

Lacking a pacy winger.

Allegedly sorted.

Lacking a goal getting striker.

Allegedly sorted.

European transfer window hasn't even opened yet.

Jose Mourinho ladies and gentlemen.

JOSE

FCUKING

MOURINHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

What a signing Mkhitaryan is for United, great player and perfect for the RW position. Bargain at that price..

In other news, Lionel Messi has retired from International football.. He looked utterly dejected last night after the final loss..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement