Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

brinty wrote: »
    And people moan that were not getting things done..

Who is doing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Who is doing that?

Usually me.... but i've seen none of it this summer, and don't think i've been moaning myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'll believe the Mkhitaryan stuff when I see it officially announced/confirmed. Burned too often on a 'done deal'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We need FutureGuy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So
    Zlatan 1 year deal possibly by Friday once he gets his 4m loyalty bonus from PSG and something similar of us cos there's no transfer fee. Terms agreed and medical pending

Micky Ryan 26.3m during the next week with terms agreed and medical pending

And people moan that were not getting things done..

Hopefully they get Pogba done Asap after Euros if they haven't already done so as Raiola is agent formally three players...

Then we can look at the mendes client listing... maybe a couple of younger players

If you get Pogba and keep De Gea (think he is staying now) on top of the above two you will win the league next year.

Micky might not hit the ground running, it took him a few months with Dortmund, but your getting some player there for £28m. If not in his last year you'd be talking £50m+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Didn't we supposedly agree a fee for Gundogan two years ago? Let's hope these Sky sources are right this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Some bloody hangover.. nothing a good signing won't fix tho.

It was said here before but griezman is some class player I wold love him in a united shirt.

Pogba is not worth 120 million but again what player is but he is a tidy and classy midfielder he didn't stand out for France but he still did alot of good things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

sigmundv wrote: »
    Didn't we supposedly agree a fee for Gundogan two years ago? Let's hope these Sky sources are right this time!

yea we did agree fee few years ago but the player changed his mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

sigmundv wrote:

There's too much smoke around with other reports in the press

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We need FutureGuy

You need to light the signal first. Rules are rules.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote:
    Some bloody hangover.. nothing a good signing won't fix tho.

Hopefully we will have a shiny new signing soon. Micky Ryan how ye doing
    jayo26 wrote:
    It was said here before but griezman is some class player I wold love him in a united shirt.

Not this summer but maybe next summer we could sort it out
    jayo26 wrote:
    Pogba is not worth 120 million but again what player is but he is a tidy and classy midfielder he didn't stand out for France but he still did alot of good things.

He's not worth 120 but as you say it's the market that sets the rate and if you get him for 8 to 10 years it's a bargain over that long a period

FutureGuy wrote:

Could someone please light the future guy signal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Could someone please light the future guy signal

*Sigh*

3xRj3hQ.jpg

astradave wrote:
    *Sigh*

Fair play Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Two days after articles that Mourinho frustrated with Woodward and his lack of closing deals.

latest?cb=20111030181448

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

astradave wrote: »
    *Sigh*

3xRj3hQ.jpg

Double sigh. Thought this joke might have grown old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

After sitting on my couch from 13:30 to 22:30 watching football, I think I can confidently conclude that €120m on Pogba while a brilliant player and would cause all sorts of excitement, would not address problems we have in our midfield.

€60m on Kroos to entice him from Madrid, would be the far better purchase, for what we need. They are two contrasting midfielders, one we really need, the other.... I don't know.

Sounds awfully weird to snub a genuinely quality player, but maybe it's just my Kroos love and watching him so much more then Pogba. If Pogba is the needle, Kroos is the thread.

Kroos has been head and shoulders the stand out player for me in these Euros.

I've watched all of Frances games and he hasn't managed to control or dictate a game once, not even a passage of play. As Ken Early described, imo accurately(and I tend to rarely agree with Early) he's starting to develop into the French Gerrard.

Don't take that as me writing him off, I'd obviously have no issues should he be signed. Just query if it's actually the right move for the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

irishchris wrote: »

r0ruUEx.gif

irishchris wrote:

It never grows old. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    26 million is a fantastic deal for ManUtd.

Around €33m, Dortmund were supposed to be holding out for 40.
    If true, glad to see United playing hardball on a transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Really sorry. I won't bother with it.

FutureGuy wrote:

Don't listen to them futureguy
    We love you round these parts
    Tell us what's happening with Zlatan and Micky Ryan

FutureGuy wrote: »

Fair play, it was funny the first time but think has run its course few months ago.

Great day for everyone today though with these two signings in the bag (hopefully). If we could get kante as well then would really polish off a title winning side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

be interesting to see where Mourinho plays Mkhitaryan for us. dont thinks its clear cut that he will play right wing

bangkok wrote: »
    be interesting to see where Mourinho plays Mkhitaryan for us. dont thinks its clear cut that he will play right wing

I agree it will be interesting as he is good thru the middle too.. but I really think that spot is going to be Rooneys to lose. Rooney at 10 with Mickey and Martial either side and Ibra up top..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I agree it will be interesting as he is good thru the middle too.. but I really think that spot is going to be Rooneys to lose. Rooney at 10 with Mickey and Martial either side and Ibra up top..

Dont you know Rooney is on his way to next the next Scholes/Iniesta/Pirlo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Mane for 34 mill LOL. If I wanted to get rid of money I'd give it to LFC. Where you can always get average players for high prices...

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Mane for 34 mill LOL. If I wanted to get rid of money I'd give it to LFC. Where you can always get average players for high prices...

I think it's a good signing for them, he will fit in well with Klopp style style of play, can play a few different positions and tbh I think anyone buying within the league this year is going to suffer from inflated prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Good footballer, inconsistent but on his day he's a monster. £34m is obviously way too much but in a transfer market where £30m is rejected for Troy facking Deeney then nothing will surprise me.

I reckon it will only be the tip of the iceberg for PL team to PL team transfers too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He'll be better for Liverpool than Micky Ryan (who didn't like Klopp-ball) - Klopp was aware of Mane since he played at Salzburg and Liverpools transfer committee also recommended at that same point only for Rodgers to veto it! So finally he is where he was always destined to play! :pac:

• irishchris wrote: »
    Fair play, it was funny the first time but think has run its course few months ago.

Great day for everyone today though with these two signings in the bag (hopefully). If we could get kante as well then would really polish off a title winning side

WAAA??

He'll be better for Liverpool than Micky Ryan (who didn't like Klopp-ball) - Klopp was aware of Sane since he played at Salzburg and Liverpools transfer committee also recommended at that same point only for Rodgers to veto it! So finally he is where he was always destined to play! :pac:

Man City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man City?

:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99713919&postcount=1340

Opinions opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

That's two different posters, am I missing something?

:confused:

• Advertisement

So one persons opinion is different to another persons opinion on a discussion board?

The end is Nigh

That's two different posters, am I missing something?

:confused:

I reckon in his rush to be a smartarse by advance searching he forgot to put in the posters name :pac: and linked the first positive post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

1. That's a different poster.
    2. The post you linked to doesn't say £34M is a good deal.
    3. You've failed spectacularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don't care who Liverpool sign, we are going for different targets so and our main rivals for targets are: Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG...clubs like that.
    Liverpool don't seem to go for the players we want, or we go for players they want.

It was only last summer that we were in for mane thanks to van gaal but glad we didn't get him. Brilliant player on his good days but too often has a bad day where he is practically invisible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

It was only last summer that we were in for mane thanks to van gaal but glad we didn't get him. Brilliant player on his good days but too often has a bad day where he is practically invisible

Well I would have preferred him starting over Jese Lingard. More quality and would have influenced games far more.

How do you know that he wouldn't have been a great signing for us? The fact is we will never know either way but I know who I would prefer.

Anyone know what's going on with Giggs, he was linked with Forest but they are after appointing someone today.

RobertKK wrote:
    I don't care who Liverpool sign, we are going for different targets so and our main rivals for targets are: Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG...clubs like that. Liverpool don't seem to go for the players we want, or we go for players they want.

We'll said Robert
    Our targets are from taller trees not the low hanging fruit
    Our competition should not be Liverpool it should be the Madrid's, barca etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Mr. Farage

RobertKK wrote: »
    I don't care who Liverpool sign, we are going for different targets so and our main rivals for targets are: Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG...clubs like that.
    Liverpool don't seem to go for the players we want, or we go for players they want.

Stop being deluded. We don't have champions league football. Players aren't going to sign for us over the likes of Madrid or Bayern. Chelsea yes maybe we can compete with them but we have fallen way behind the top dogs.

PSG after sacking Larry White

Well I would have preferred him starting over Jese Lingard. More quality and would have influenced games far more.

How do you know that he wouldn't have been a great signing for us? The fact is we will never know either way but I know who I would prefer.

Never said he wouldn't have been a good signing for us. He would have been a lot of the time but he is not consistent enough and I don't think we would be signing a rw this summer if we had got him and lingard so for those reasons I am glad we did not sign him. No doubting he will be a good signing for Liverpool though if he can find consistency.

PSG after sacking Larry White

Giggs for PSG?????

Mr. Farage wrote:
    Stop being deluded. We don't have champions league football. Players aren't going to sign for us over the likes of Madrid or Bayern. Chelsea yes maybe we can compete with them but we have fallen way behind the top dogs.

Yet we signed
    Luke Shaw
    Ander Herrera
    Angel Di Maria
    Daley blind and
    Falcao

Without champions league two years ago ....

Offer enough €€€€££££££ and players will come

These guys are mercenaries for hire with very little loyalty..

Giggs for PSG?????

SSN just changed it,he wasnt sacked he left PSG

SSN just changed it,he wasnt sacked he left PSG

Psg
    Sacked mutual consent whatever...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement