Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RobertKK wrote: »
    Would people like United signing James Rodriguez for £50 million.

Yep all day long. Young and talented and scores goals while assisting lots.

I hope we don't. I think he's overrated and the last time we signed a Madrid reject it didn't end up well. We shouldn't be going for players who didn't make it at other clubs imo, more signings like Martial please!

66dgec.png

They are not stats of someone that didn't make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

United have huge problems carrying the ball and being a threat through the centre and Rodriguez is great at that. He'd be a great signing. Him and a pacy right forward would add an awful lot to the squad. I'm unsure if James suits the Mourinho style though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10326343/where-will-henrikh-mkhitaryan-fit-in-under-jose-mourinho-at-manchester-united

Looks a very familiar line of thought...............Does Bangkok write for SSN??
    bangkok wrote: »
    Rashford wide right is just stupid though. Sure, let him run to the channels from centre to pull defenders away - but actually play him on the right as a plan for the season? Would be just thick.

it was just a starting 11 put out there, was more to do with where mkhitaryan will start. i think we will see a lot more players interchanging positions this season during games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I wouldn't be gone on the idea of signing Pogba for 3 reasons...the cost is ridiculous, the terms under which he left previously suggest potential attitude issues and his hair do's are quite plainly shocking.

ericzeking wrote: »

Coincidence eh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Carrick and Rooney in the middle.

Jaysus.

I think it would be more balanced with Mkhitaryan at RW where he has played for Dortmund all last season. Rooney at #10 and with Schneiderlin and Herrera at CM.

I like the balance of a creative CM who is capable defensively (Herrera) and a more defensive option who is still comfortable on the ball (Schneiderlin) . I think Mourinho will get Schneiderlin back to playing the way he did for Southampton when he screened the back four unbelievably well.

With Rashford, Memphis, Mata, Carrick, Schweinsteiger on the bench, that's a pretty strong squad and back up options. I would still like another ST/wide option.

Exciting times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

ericzeking wrote:
    Looks a very familiar line of thought...............Does Bangkok write for SSN??

Saw that earlier too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I actually wouldn't mind starting the season as is. I think we definitely have enough now to win the title, although we may not this year.

GK sorted
    Left back sorted
    Centres backs sorted
    Right back sorted
    Left wing sorted
    Centre mid, maybe we could do with one more.
    Right wing sorted
    Center forward, maybe one more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Would people like United signing James Rodriguez for £50 million.

Not particularly. Its not my money so I really in the guts of things don't care, but we have such a terrible history with 10's to be honest, that I don't see it going well for one I personally think is over rated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Great save by Dave, glad he wasn't dropped

David de staya has started off great for Spain today made a great low save from a header.

Edit: make that two.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

De Gea made a very good save for Espana.

So far it is De Gea with 'Thou shalt not pass', another great save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

De Gea is unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Hococop wrote: »
    Great save by Dave, glad he wasn't dropped

Same here, I thought Del Bosque was going to bottle it and play Casillas for the knockout stages. Hopefully big Dave keeps it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

ericzeking wrote: »

Classic.. thats the exact same team.. no doubt he will try pass it off as his own and he never looked at it :pac:

astradave wrote: »
    Classic.. thats the exact same team.. no doubt he will try pass it off as his own and he never looked at it :pac:

No its so obvious he didn't copy it sure the sky sports team is upside-down

DDG is some bit of stuff. He's like the human version of The Wall in Game of Thrones.

Elsewehere, just need confirmation of the signing and squad number before I pull the trigger on this bad boy...

qz1U84i.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Italy may be winning and De Gea may be lucky that Italy did score that goal given he tripped an Italian player before Chiellini put it in the net, but De Gea has kept Spain in the game, Italy should be out of sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Italy may be winning and De Gea may be lucky that Italy did score that goal given he tripped an Italian player before Chiellini put it in the net, but De Gea has kept Spain in the game, Italy should be out of sight.

Also Spain should have had someone on the post for the goal too. Feel sorry for Dave, Spain haven't been great.

Defo got the ball before the man

Has to be the best keeper in the world no other keeper gets tested as much as him and comes out on top like he does. He having a stunning game today Italy could easily be winning 4 nil.

• jayo26 wrote: »
    Has to be the best keeper in the world no other keeper gets tested as much as him and comes out on top like he does. He having a stunning game today Italy could easily be winning 4 nil.

Agree but at the same time he's been sloppy on two occasions. His defense are not helping him tho.
    To his credit Italy are all over Spain

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Agree but at the same time he's been sloppy on two occasions. His defense are not helping him tho.
    To his credit Italy are all over Spain

I don't think any keeper goes threw a few games or tournament without making mistakes same as a striker will fluff his shots from time to time but De Gea saves more games for club and country than he throws away.

• Advertisement

Turned on MUTV, someone from Ireland asking if Paddy Crerand played with or against Johnny Giles, Liam Brady and Eamon Dunphy.
    He said Eamon was at United when he was there but never made the first team, that he looked like a star then he lost it.

• Darmian with the assist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

At least De Gea will be able to join up for pre-season a bit earlier!

That was nice on MUTV, they showed a 15 year old from Massy in France who lives in Manchester since he was 5 years old, Massy is the same place Martial is from. The 15 year old got to meet Martial.
    Martial seems like a very nice person the way he chatted with him. Martial's favourite players are Ronaldinho and Brazilian Ronaldo, he said his favourite goal is the one against Liverpool. Seems happy in England but says the food isn't great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That was nice on MUTV, they showed a 15 year old from Massy in France who lives in Manchester since he was 5 years old, Massy is the same place Martial is from. The 15 year old got to meet Martial.
    Martial seems like a very nice person the way he chatted with him. Martial's favourite players are Ronaldinho and Brazilian Ronaldo, he said his favourite goal is the one against Liverpool. Seems happy in England but says the food isn't great.

Brazilian Ronaldo is a criminally forgotten talent.

Most strikers of the last decade namecheck him as inspiration.

Sorry just so happened to watch a YouTube vid of him at lunch today and it's ridiculous how he doesn't feature in "best player" debates more often

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »
    Brazilian Ronaldo is a criminally forgotten talent.

Most strikers of the last decade namecheck him as inspiration.

Sorry just so happened to watch a YouTube vid of him at lunch today and it's ridiculous how he doesn't feature in "best player" debates more often

Ronaldo was one of the best strikers of all time, but then messi and Ronaldo came along and both were better again. Will never see the likes of them again IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ronaldo was one of the best strikers of all time, but then messi and Ronaldo came along and both were better again. Will never see the likes of them again IMO

We will though at some stage. It's said every time the real great players grave the game. It may be another generation or two or even longer but we will see the likes of them again.

Now Maradonna, that's a different matter. :D

Is that really your opinion or sky sports opinion? :)

adox wrote: »
    We will though at some stage. It's said every time the real great players grave the game. It may be another generation or two or even longer but we will see the likes of them again.

Now Maradonna, that's a different matter. :D

I think both messi and Ronaldo are the best of all time.

Players are much fitter now, TV analysis, detailed tactics and they still produce every game

Rooney with a penalty! Iceland equalise 90 seconds later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Who remembers the Joe Hart or De Gea debates on here?

Good times.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Is that really your opinion or sky sports opinion? :)

Q8VDJ.gif

Who remembers the Joe Hart or De Gea debates on here?

Good times.

Should be more like Joe harte or ben foster. I reckon buttland will be pushing for the number 1 jersey in the next year harte makes a lot of serious blunders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I really hope Jose doesnt pander to Rooney like LVG and Moyes have.

He's just not good enough in CM and we have better strikers than him, just drop him to the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Headshot wrote: »
    I really hope Jose doesnt pander to Rooney like LVG and Moyes have.

He's just not good enough in CM and we have better strikers than him, just drop him to the bench

That's an odd way to say sell him to china

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That's an odd way to say sell him to china

i would jump for joy

He's just a really bad CM

Headshot wrote: »
    i would jump for joy

He's just a really bad CM

and player at this stage, IT's sad to see, but turning pro so young and with so many games have really taken it's toll, as well as bad lifestyle choices, Was a great servent to the club, but time to part ways

Rooney is still a quality player. Plenty of players to be sold in squad before Rooney would even be considered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I presume Jose has no intention of playing Rooney midfield, for the simple reason that he's not a midfielder.

Wonder will rashford be given a chance here?

Rooney is still a quality player. Plenty of players to be sold in squad before Rooney would even be considered

Rooney has always been a streaky player imo, problem is his bad streaks last longer and the good ones end quicker

He has been awful this half

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

He's having a shocker in fairness, but nobody's playing well for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I hope Mourinho is watching this. Rooney has been absolute cack in midfield almost all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rooney in midfield?

giphy.gif

Lets just nip that in the bud.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement