Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

**** that ****. Rojo and Valencia awful. What I wouldn't give for a bit of Patrice evra/Roy Keane passion tonight. Needed badly.

Anthony martial is already a superstar, without doubt the best young player in world football today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

And that means getting Mourinho in within a couple of days of the cup final or we're f***ed.

A couple of days before the cup final would be best...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I've resigned myself to the fact that Dave is gone this summer anyways. Real are going to come back in for him no doubt and why would he stay here now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I cant watch another season of us playing this poorly, 3 shots in a must win game is not good enough and it has been like that all season. Please just get rid of LVG.

My love for Herrera is slowly fading away, he seems to go hiding when the going gets tough. Its the same of all our midfielders except Fellaini.

Rooney is like a dying dog, its time to let go of him.

Manchester United and we only have 2 world class players. 4 or 5 good/decent players and then the rest that i would consider mid table quality players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

BBC apparently reporting verbal agreement has been reached with mourinho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

thomasj wrote: »

Saw it on Reddit but with no actual link to the story...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's the BBC!!!!

Can I get the Positivity train out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

any link mate?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its coming from the article they wrote on Sanches earlier.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36261750

Quote...
    It is understood talks have taken place with Mourinho, who has also managed Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Porto. A verbal agreement that the 53-year-old Portuguese will become the next manager at Old Trafford is believed to have been reached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its
    The
    Same
    Story
    Each
    Time

People need to look up the definition of insanity an awful lot it seems.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its coming from the article they wrote on Sanches earlier.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36261750

Quote...

Not enough for me to go to bed with any hope :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

All fun and games, good frame of mind to go into important game.
    Success for these players is wearing a United shirt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads the BBC as getting as bad as the usual sites that regurgitate the same ****e.

There is no deal in place, no verbal agreement, it's what we want to hear.

CBJ just chilling beside the windows while everyone else is on the floor :P:P:P

What a chill lad

That makes me want to be sick. I wonder what Keane would say to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

After that performance, along with many others this season, I really don't care what happens on Sunday. We have no business being in the Champions League next season with our current Manager, squad and Woodward.
    I doubt Jose, or anybody else can clean up the Moyes/LVG mess in less than 2 or 3 seasons.
    I hope we win the cup to at least put some gloss on the season, even if it is like polishing a turd.
    I have been watching United for over 40 years, but really don't think I could bear to watch another season under LVG, even our relegation season was better than this in terms of effort. Worryingly, the football probably won't improve much under Jose ( if we get him), but at least he might be able to motivate an instill some professional pride in the players, most of whom sadly lack it at the moment.

The fact that we are 5th means there must be 17 teams worse than use at the moment. God help them.

We still have the nucleus of a good team, but a lot of money needs to be spent by someone who knows what they are doing before we can realistically compete in the PL and Europe again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Quandary wrote: »
    Look at the effect Klopp has had on Liverpool compared to Rodgers
    The effect Ranieri had on Leicester compared to Pearson
    Same story with Simeone and Atl Madrid.

The effect a charismatic, driven manager can have on motivating his players simply cannot be overstated - Couple that with €€€€ and you have a recipe that is fairly likely to succeed.

While I agree with everything you've said, this bit sticks out. What Klopp, Mourinho, Ranieri and Fergie etc. all share is a sense of undying confidence and trust in their players. You regularly see them with an arm around a player, defending them in bad times and look to build emotional bonds with their teams. In turn, the players give an extra 10% because they don't want to let down their manager

You don't get that with Van Gaal. Players come in to the team and are dropped just as quickly, there is absolutely no room for individuality and everything is just one big advertisement for his all-knowing philosophy. No wonder the players don't look like they give a toss half the time, they've been given no reason to buy into what their manager is doing.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    That makes me want to be sick. I wonder what Keane would say to them.

What exactly is so wrong about the video and why does everyone keep bringing up keane and neville

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm a fan of Daley Blind, but I thought he was a disgrace tonight.

Playing Carroll onside in a laughable way in the first half which should have put us 2-0 down.

For the second goal, playing everyone onside again (won't embed it because the image is massive): http://i.imgur.com/gWQwwg3.jpg

For the third goal, beaten in the air by Reid.

And countless other instances of him standing around like a complete plonker with his hand in the air appealing for decisions after losing his man from free kicks and corners. He had some great spells during the season and would be a very good squad player, but should be no where near a first choice CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Van Gaal interview on now.

Give me patience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Lvg: we don't have the centimetres and that is a problem (referring to the set piece goals conceded).
    "Set plays were their only threat".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Young lads reacting to West Ham fans smashing the window on their coach

What would you want them to do

adox wrote: »
    Van Gaal interview on now.

Give me patience.

If you don't mind give me the gist, can't bring myself to turn off my boxset marathon to stomach that ****e first hand.

Announced he is leaving at the end of the season?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads the BBC as getting as bad as the usual sites that regurgitate the same ****e.

There is no deal in place, no verbal agreement, it's what we want to hear.
    Stop beating around the bush and say the line God dam'it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

"West Ham were lucky"

"All the chances for them only came from set plays"

"Man City have to win"

What exactly is so wrong about the video and why does everyone keep bringing up keane and neville

The players should have been told to sit down and stop acting the maggot. Honestly, if I was coaching a local team and they started doing this as we approached the pitch I'd be shouting at them to cop on - feigning being scared thinking it's a right laugh, just before our biggest game of the season. I think Keane and Neville are brought up because they're mindset would be to sit there and say 'fúck these lot, let's ruin their day' - because they actually had some bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

deadybai wrote: »
    Bringing in a new manager will be far worse for next season.

What Im saying is that we have changed the squad so much and filled it with , lets be honest a, at best mid-table team of individuals. Van Gaal has done that.

Imagine now bringing in a new manager who has a mid-table side in his hands? We would have to be very lucky to have any success next season. What happens then? The manager is sacked and we become like Liverpool have in recent years.

Id give Van Gaal one more year and then see where were at.

You either watch very little footy or are on the wind up with that logic! You say LVG has filled the squad with mid table players but we should give him another chance because we don't know how another manager would respond with a mid table team.

Surely in this case the fear of the unknown is more promising than repeating LVGs mantra next season.

Why would you give a manager you have openly said has bought poorly another two transfer windows.

Some people may want him to stay but at least argue a logical point if you feel that way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

v3ttel wrote: »

For the second goal, playing everyone onside again (won't embed it because the image is massive): http://i.imgur.com/gWQwwg3.jpg

Jesus, I'm speechless at that. To call it amateurish is an insult to amateurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

The players should have been told to sit down and stop acting the maggot. Honestly, if I was coaching a local team and they started doing this as we approached the pitch I'd be shouting at them to cop on - feigning being scared thinking it's a right laugh, just before our biggest game of the season. I think Keane and Neville are brought up because they're mindset would be to sit there and say 'fúck these lot, let's ruin their day' - because they actually had some bottle.

Exactly, ****in snapchat retards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

On duty as a player only an hour and a half or so before the biggest game of the season. He should be concentrating on the task at hand like a professional.
    Here we see him act the child making a mockery of the club. Heck gaa teams here have more professionalism before games than this tulip.

The team bus being attacked by opposing fans and first thing he thinks of doing is pulling out his phone to show he's have a great time. He is totally deluded as are a lot of his team mates under this management I'd imagine.

adox wrote: »
    "West Ham were lucky"

"All the chances for them only came from set plays"

"Man City have to win"

City have to win?

No Louis a draw will do, successfully blown every opportunity offered to them this year. At least we will have an FA Cup to celebrate, but **** me its been a **** season.

wally79 wrote: »

Jesse Lingard is 23 and preparing for one of the biggest games of the season, I would expect him to be professional and focused or at least act that way.

Granted your bus getting smashed up is not normal however laughing and standing in the window is equally stupid.

Lvg: we don't have the centimetres and that is a problem (referring to the set piece goals conceded).
    "Set plays were their only threat".

Delusional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

City have to win?

No Louis a draw will do, successfully blown every opportunity offered to them this year. At least we will have an FA Cup to celebrate, but **** me its been a **** season.

Not if we win 19-0...

At least we will have an FA Cup to celebrate, but **** me its been a **** season.

Don't be too certain of that.

• Advertisement

City have to win?

At least we will have an FA Cup to celebrate, but **** me its been a **** season.

We barely made it past Norwich and got 'hammered' by West Ham.

I would not be surprised at all if we f**k up in the final. It would be typical of us to do especially with the way we are playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Its incredibly hard to remain objective and calm after a game like that . Was absolutely fuming. Literally as their equaliser was being shaped up was saying how if there is one clearance we need to make tonight its from this free kick...then goal.

I was thinking of our squad and players today on lunch, and tonight somewhat cemented my opinion. an opinion I've read elsewhere here and i think I'm on board with it. It's unfair to slate the players with is beyond doubt now, lackluster, haphazard management and coaching, and instruction.

I see Memphis Depay sitting on the bench for an entire game, and Januzaj coming on. Depay was one of Europes hottest prospects last season, a phenomenal player that was on a clear trajectory. That trajectory hasn't just stalled, its nosedived.

Schneiderlan was one of the best CM's in the league for two years running, and has been utterly average for large portions of the season. Coming of for Michael Carrick, who has been horrendous, must be gut wrenching. I could literally go on.

I don't like Blind being slated though. He has been an excellent signing, is a wonderful operator, and at a top club in a top league was throwin into the deep end to play CB after a brilliant rise as a centre midfielder, and he has been a credit to himself for the season. That he had a poor game tonight, is really not something that is his fault. That is the manager and the club not squad building effectively. I'll be absolutely delighted when Carrick leaves in the summer and Blind can move back to CM.

Regardless of the CL qualification, which I don't believe we will get, and even the FA Cup which at this point I expect us to lose, I'm very much decided that Van Gaal, his staff, and Giggs, need to be removed from the club at the end of the season. I can't stress enough how I see Giggs as part of this rot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

The regression is just so much that I think the job is too big for one man, evem Mourinho. I think that United need either a director of football or a very strong and experienced assistant manager that can assist in returning the passion and ethos for winning in the club.

Is there any chance that Roy Keane could be persuaded to become assistant manager to Mourinho and that the club (incl Ferguson) would accept him?

I answer my question - probably not - but some serious serious changes must be considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Whatever about LVG being a shít manager these days, even when the chips are down you want the players to still show a backbone, not go through the motions like spoiled mercenaries for a whole season.

We need a manager to cull this squad, weed out the ones that didn't break a sweat this season, there are 4 or 5 simply not good enough for United and to be honest the majority of the rest are just decent squad players nothing more. It's ridiculous how much we've spent and what we are now left with. The problem is for a lot of them signing for United will be their 'made it' moment, they are already a success without a single medal or open top bus.

A massive job ahead which is amazing considering we've been a team in transition for 3 years now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Can I get the Positivity train out?

Stoke theses engines boy...
    #choofudgingchoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

wally79 wrote: »

I just don't think that kinda fooling around would happen with Keane Scholes Hughes or Irwin on board, and they have seen far worse on trips to hostile places in Champions league games. And it would be bricks they had to face not plastic bottles of 7up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Anyone complaining about how they're acting in that video honestly get a life

dixiefly wrote: »
    The regression is just so much that I think the job is too big for one man, evem Mourinho. I think that United need either a director of football or a very strong and experienced assistant manager that can assist in returning the passion and ethos for winning in the club.

Is there any chance that Roy Keane could be persuaded to become assistant manager to Mourinho and that the club (incl Ferguson) would accept him?

I answer my question - probably not - but some serious serious changes must be considered.

I'm sorry but a decent manager would have dragged an extra ten points from this team. I don't think Mourinho needs or will ever need a Keane type assistant. I also think if we ship put some dead wood and make one or two signings we will be very competitive.

You only need to look at the top of the table to see how quick things can turn. Pochettino and Ranieri have improved there teams with shrewd signings and playing a decent brand of football which isn't based on winning the possession fight.

Its Mourinhos job now, if the club dont do it they will be slaughtered by the fans next season.

Bring in Bielsa just for the craic and the passion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I'd say Pep is the happiest man in world football right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has been photographed leaving a dinner with former Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson, fuelling rumours that the Argentine tactician could be lined up for a shock move to Old Trafford this summer.

Influential United director Ferguson was spotted with Pochettino outside Scott’s restaurant in London, with the Spurs assistant coach Jesus Perez also believed to be in attendance at the meeting.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/manchester-united/no-way-jose-spurs-boss-pochettino-pictured-having-lunch-with-alex-ferguson-34704032.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

zerks wrote: »

An article saying they were photographed together yet they didn't provide the photograph of them together.

Thats top class "journalism".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Was utterly deflated after we managed to go 2-1 up only to lose. The silver lining is the manager surely has to go now.

This carry-on wouldn't happen at practically any other club within reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    An article saying they were photographed together yet they didn't provide the photograph of them together.

Thats top class "journalism".

They probably can't show them as another paper owns the images... i dunno.

Main-Fergie_2855324a.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement