Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote:
    Rooney is still a quality player. Plenty of players to be sold in squad before Rooney would even be considered

Is that on sky sports too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

The worst game of his career.

Rooney has always been a streaky player imo, problem is his bad streaks last longer and the good ones end quicker

It's a law if diminishing returns with him now
    Square peg in a team of round holes

No longer good enough in any position than what we already have or what's coming in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Whatever about rooney but Harry kane has been dirt for them all tournament. Fair chance he could have a quiet season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Rooney off for Rashford.

How it should always be. Amen

• Advertisement

Rashers done more in 5 mins then rest of team in 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

jayo26 wrote: »
    Rashers done more in 5 mins then rest of team in 90.

Shame Roy hadn't the guts to play him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Wow just wow

KH25 wrote: »
    Shame Roy hadn't the guts to play him.

He is probably better off not been apart of that infairness Excited to watch him next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

He is probably better off not been apart of that in fairness Excited to watch him next year.

Absolutely!

• Advertisement

Oh dear, think I will switch off Talksport and Five Live for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Rooney rubbish in midfield? The wrong choice playing him there? You don't say!!! :pac:

No shock at all to some of us, hopefully this time it gets remembered and this rubbish will stop rearing its head every six months.

On another note, how big of a joke is Hodgson? I said before the tournament that Rashford should not be going, mainly because Hodgson was long enough in the job that he should already have known his team and a good run of 10/12 games from any player should not have been a big factor. But its clear that he actually had no clue what his team was supposed to be, and to see him squeezing every popular striker into the team is just hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Harry Kane's value just dropped 30m after that tournament, shocking every game and brutal tonight

Headshot wrote: »
    I really hope Jose doesnt pander to Rooney like LVG and Moyes have.

He's just not good enough in CM and we have better strikers than him, just drop him to the bench

Jose will not play Rooney as a CM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Ahh woy is gone damn.

Giggs for England!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Neville has left his post too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Giggs for England!!!

LVG for England

Giggs for England!!!

More likely to be Gareth Southgate or someone equally as bland who tows the FA line!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

astradave wrote: »
    Neville has left his post too

Been a bad year for Gary Neville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Rashford should have been on a lot earlier, was excellent when he came on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Rashford and Vardy were the only two showing and passion and pride in the second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think Mourinho will rotate Rooney and Ibra up top with 3 of Martial, Mata, Mikki, Rashford, Ander in behind.

After that I think we are still light in CM, should be next priority for Woody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Mr. Farage

bangkok wrote: »
    Rashford should have been on a lot earlier, was excellent when he came on

His corner in injury time didn't even beat the first man.

Mr. Farage wrote: »

Rashford dribbled passed 3 players, no other player managed that....

Rashers looked more dangerous on the touchline warming up then any of the players on the pitch.

I thought his corner went to an English player that didn't control it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yeah but don't let that stop his narrative..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

jayo26 wrote:

Was given a goal kick so you are spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

wtf was he doing taking a corner in the first place is more the question.

did he actually take the corner though? i dont remember. if he did my point above stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I'd like to see Rooney gone as part of a clearout. He represents the tired old Utd.

Unfortunately, I fear Jose likes him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

chips1234 wrote: »
    wtf was he doing taking a corner in the first place is more the question.

did he actually take the corner though? i dont remember. if he did my point above stands.

He was taking it because he was closest to the ball and they were doing their best effort at throwing the kitchen sink at it. He wasn't waiting for the designated corner taker to stroll over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Sand wrote: »
    He was taking it because he was closest to the ball and they were doing their best effort at throwing the kitchen sink at it. He wasn't waiting for the designated corner taker to stroll over.

makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Thought Kane took the corner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Hococop wrote:
    Thought Kane took the corner

The last one I think. Either way they took one eaxh

Giggs for England!!!

Gary may have a shout I'd back him at 40s when the market comes out prob be 6s mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The Wayne Rooney experiment is absolutely dead.

I'm not accepting him in our midfield for one minute of next season.

It will be a disgrace, negligence of the highest order getting Mourinho, spending loads of money on players, then playing Rooney in midfield.

He is now our 2nd of 3rd choice striker.

I'm not even English and I'm absolutely disgusted at his performance. What a hopeless captain also. No guidance, no experience. Clueless.

Goes to show just being "older" then others doesnt make you a leader.

If I was Mourinho watching that I might even be tempted to cash in from China. Rooneys United career might just have taken a sharp turn.

Actually cant believe I watched that. Has no place operating in our club midfield. None.

TheDoc wrote: »

It will be a disgrace, negligence of the highest order getting Mourinho, spending loads of money on players, then playing Rooney in midfield.

I'm not even English and I'm absolutely disgusted at his performance. What a hopeless captain also. No guidance, no experience. Clueless.

If I was Mourinho watching that I might even be tempted to cash in from China. Rooneys United career might just have taken a sharp turn.

Actually cant believe I watched that. Has no place operating in our club midfield. None.

Iceland Cb cant remember his name, the bloke witht he superb tackle on vardy, was a gian amongst men today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

De Gea should be the captain for me next season. He is just an inspiration in the back and fully deserves the captaincy for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

1000% agree

Headshot wrote:
    De Gea should be the captain for me next season. He is just an inspiration in the back and fully deserves the captaincy for me.

1000% agree

I'll add my voice to this

Rooney - square peg into round hole won't go,not our best choice in any position or guaranteed starer
    Carrick - won't start every game
    Mike - not a proper leader at all

Jose needs to put his stamp on this team and cast off the shackles and this very good first step

Selling Rooney could be an even bolder one and Jose would have the "cahoones" to do it ...

Big Dave our poty 3 years running shows how mediocre our outfield players have been...

Headshot wrote: »

Agree. He's been along for a good bit now and is consistently world class. An absolute beast and role model for the young lads but not sure if Jose would give him the captains armband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

Should never have been in the midfield in the first place, but thats no excuse for that utterly cowardly horrific display from Rooney tonight. Probably one of the worst performances from an England player ever, and certainly the worst England defeat ever.

It is sickening he is on what 300k a week? Its really sick stuff. He is totally finished as a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Good thing he played in midfield for United against Everton and Palace in the FA cup, we ended up winning it.

Rooney did just enough for me tonight...

iWeJmiW.jpg?1

YQe369h.png

They're some bucket of shíte England, in fairness. For the players they consistently have available, they should be performing a lot better at these tournaments. Can't say I'm disappointed for them, United get their players home a bit sooner and injury-free. Also, Joe Hart LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It is sickening he is on what 300k a week? Its really sick stuff. He is totally finished as a player.

He is? Funny I never see it mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Well that obviously negates any good he's ever done. What a sh*te season for the lad, may just sell him now. That's if anybody will take him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Should never have been in the midfield in the first place, but thats no excuse for that utterly cowardly horrific display from Rooney tonight. Probably one of the worst performances from an England player ever, and certainly the worst England defeat ever.

Ha I love how you keep mentioning how much you think he earns.
    You havent called him a fraud on this thread yet. In fact they are all frauds according to you. Ive no idea why you watch a league that you seem to utterly despise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Good thing he played in midfield for United against Everton and Palace in the FA cup, we ended up winning it.

Exactly, that is his level. Everton and CP.

The guy used to be a very good footballer, is now a decent mid table footballer.

he is not a top of the table, CL chasing forward and he certainly is not a midfielder.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement