Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ye are so childish...... I'm telling irishcris.

Just looking at sky sports and all there and reading the press and all I can feel is it must be so hard for a young footballer to go away with the English team.

I know they get paid millions but fuk me the self entitlement of the press is unreal the comments like "will anyone of them have the decency to face the press" or hodgeson giving a terrible press conference blah blah he resigned last night he doesn't have to say anything to ye.

I'm sure none of them wanted to go out and play muck against Iceland and no human being deserves to be called a wally or have their six year old son pictured crying on a national news paper it's a part of the English game I find so disturbing.

Why the fek would they enjoy it when they know no matter what they will end up been treated like that unless they won a tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just looking at sky sports and all there and reading the press and all I can feel is it must be so hard for a young footballer to go away with the English team.

I know they get paid millions but fuk me the self entitlement of the press is unreal the comments like "will anyone of them have the decency to face the press" or hodgeson giving a terrible press conference blah blah he resigned last night he doesn't have to say anything to ye.

I'm sure none of them wanted to go out and play muck against Iceland and no human being deserves to be called a wally or have their six year old son pictured crying on a national news paper it's a part of the English game I find so disturbing.

Why the fek would they enjoy it when they know no matter what they will end up been treated like that unless they won a tournament.

The English press are parasites.

Many English fans are a bunch of self entitled babies that think they have some god given right to be top of the pile in world football.

They need someone to come in and crack some heads.

The whole set up is inept from top to bottom.

The English press are parasites.

Many English fans are a bunch of self entitled babies that think they have some god given right to be top of the pile in world football.

They need someone to come in and crack some heads.

The whole set up is inept from top to bottom.

I think so too. It's not the player abilities it's the coaching and setup abilities and mentality if the entire country.

The big inquest that will go on now for weeks will make ya sick and at the end of it all they will give the job to Southgate because they don't have the balls to give it to Eddie howe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

I honestly don't get the outrage over Rooneys son being on the front of the Sun, If it was a random English child at the game crying would there be this outrage?

Don't see the big deal tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Juan8 wrote: »
    I honestly don't get the outrage over Rooneys son being on the front of the Sun, If it was a random English child at the game crying would there be this outrage?

Apparently he has been the target of online abuse because of who he is, that's what the issue is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

No need to put a random crying kid on the front of the Sun.. no need to put Rooney's kid on there either.... such is the Sun though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

The fact that they choose Rooney's kid and not a random kid illustrates very clearly the rationale behind the image. Simply put, he's on the front of tabloid newspaper because of who he is, not because he's a young English fan in tears. His privacy will be an issue for the rest of his life, or at least for as long as Rooney himself interests people, which, all jokes aside, will be a very long time, because the British media love nothing more than hounding their retired celebrities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Pickpocket wrote: »
    The fact that they choose Rooney's kid and not a random kid illustrates very clearly the rationale behind the image. Simply put, he's on the front of tabloid newspaper because of who he is, not because he's a young English fan in tears. His privacy will be an issue for the rest of his life, or at least for as long as Rooney himself interests people, which, all jokes aside, will be a very long time, because the British media love nothing more than hounding their retired celebrities.

Indeed. It also promotes Rooney as the scapegoat for this tournament's failings and paints him as a failure not only to the English public but also to his son which is a shameful thing to do really. You often hear English fans accuse the players of having no passion and not being fit to wear the shirt but when you consider the behaviour of the English fans this summer, the fat, balding, drunken louts in the stands that have been abusing the players all season for the crime of playing for a different club, and the rag tabloids that invade their personal lives and the personal lives of their family, why would an English player want to put on a shirt and represent these people at the end of a long season in what is essentially a no win situation?

• Advertisement

Indeed. It also promotes Rooney as the scapegoat for this tournament's failings and paints him as a failure not only to the English public but also to his son which is a shameful thing to do really. You often hear English fans accuse the players of having no passion and not being fit to wear the shirt but when you consider the behaviour of the English fans this summer, the fat, balding, drunken louts in the stands that have been abusing the players all season for the crime of playing for a different club, and the rag tabloids that invade their personal lives and the personal lives of their family, why would an English player want to put on a shirt and represent these people at the end of a long season in what is essentially a no win situation?

That was the first thing that popped into my mind. The media constantly create narratives, whether it's something monumental like Brexit, or something small and nasty, like today's front page. But at least with the larger media 'campaigns' there's some sort of ideology at work. We may not like it, but we know it's all part of the political machinery. But the way celebrities are hounded, and in particular the way their children are fair game, is utterly reprehensible and simply unnecessary.

Yeah I'm still not seeing the big deal tbh

I just see it different from the rest of you I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

im sure the parents of that child would not be happy.

it was a ****ty thing to do, put rooneys son on its cover. its typical of the sun anyway, they are a horrible paper always have been always will be

bangkok wrote: »
    im sure the parents of that child would not be happy.

it was a ****ty thing to do, put rooneys son on its cover. its typical of the sun anyway, they are a horrible paper always have been always will be

His picture has been in papers and magazines before though, and is all over the Internet,

If it wasn't the sun I don't think people would be making as big a deal

Yeah I'm still not seeing the big deal tbh

I just see it different from the rest of you I suppose

Well how do you see it? We know you don't think it's a big deal. You've said that twice already.

His picture has been in papers and magazines before though, and is all over the Internet,

yea and its wrong, whatever about photographing Wayne and Coleen, the press should not be chasing some 4 year old crying or playing with friends etc to try and make a news story out of. its wrong on so many levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

How many of these pictures have been used specifically for ridicule?

Well how do you see it? We know you don't think it's a big deal. You've said that twice already.

Something tells me you wouldn't get so mouthy away from the safety of your keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Headshot wrote: »
    what was it?

This:
    zerks wrote: »
    690.jpg

Something tells me you wouldn't get so mouthy away from the safety of your keyboard

Guys this is the level of a person your dealing with here a complete waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Juan8 wrote:

If you expanded on the view already given other than saying not a big deal it would help the discussion.

Do you advocate using pictures of children upset to sell newspapers? What makes you think that this is the behaviour of a rational normal human being. What if it was your child, just because you were famous.

I'd love to hear a reasoned justification on any of those points.

astradave wrote: »
    How many of these pictures have been used specifically for ridicule?

I don't see it as being used for ridicule, I see it as an image to show a nation upset from being eliminated

Guys this is the level of a person your dealing with here a complete waste of time.

Good man, calm your Internet friends down

RobertKK wrote: »
    This:

If Rashford can perform on the right like his two cameos on the left for England he would be a decent option but if Mickey goes on right we have mata for number 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Every time I click into this thread it seems like I get an addition to the ignore list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

This:

Wonder why he would delete that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cringe.

I don't see it as being used for ridicule, I see it as an image to show a nation upset from being eliminated

With the caption "Oh dad, what have Roo done?".. Its so obvious that it was meant to ridicule Rooney and his family. If you can't see that, well i suppose thats a shame.

And something tells me you're exactly the same in real life as you are on here.

• Advertisement

And something tells me you're exactly the same in real life as you are on here.

Nah not really, just can't stand people like you who get smart with people on the internet, remember you had a go at me first so get off your high horse

Nah not really, just can't stand people like you who get smart with people on the internet, remember you had a go at me first so get off your high horse

I dislike when people give their 'opinion' without actually saying or offering anything to the conversation, and you done it twice. I put you on the spot, and I'm happy to admit I wasn't very polite when doing it. You, on the other hand, rattled off that tired old schoolyard cliche, essentially saying "you wouldn't say it to my face". Immature, aggressive and nothing more than a veiled threat. Grow up.

Anyway, I'm not wasting any more time on this.

Goodnight.

I dislike when people give their 'opinion' without actually saying or offering anything to the conversation, and you done it twice. I put you on the spot, and I'm happy to admit I wasn't very polite when doing it. You, on the other hand, rattled off that tired old schoolyard cliche, essentially saying "you wouldn't say it to my face". Immature, aggressive and nothing more than a veiled threat. Grow up.

Anyway, I'm not wasting any more time on this.

Goodnight.

Yeah happy to admit when you were called out in it, you're the one that needs to grow up, maybe getting your voice in public will help, good luck with that

1307337_o_zps4d6841e0.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

I think this year could see a real turning point in the valuations put on players with the new TV revenue.Nearly spat out my cornflakes this morning when I read that Crystal Palace had made a 31 million sterling bid for the lad that came on for Belgium for Lukaku the other night.
    Now if good old Crystal Palace can splash the cash like that ....what in the name of God will clubs look for off the likes of Utd and Chelsea??

Wonder did Utd show any interest in Mane?....bit surprised at him leaving Southampton to go to Liverpool?....a sideways move.

• Advertisement

Wonder did Utd show any interest in Mane?....bit surprised at him leaving Southampton to go to Liverpool?....a sideways move.

As much as I like a good dig at liverpool ya have to be genuine and say that Southampton and Liverpool are not at same level. Pool have a decent manager and are building a young side before the summer even started. Southampton are selling there best players and have no manager.

Not really. Liverpool under Klopp looks like an exciting enough project and a decent move for him. Southampton are a huge selling club and have lost Koeman as manager who seemed to perform miracle with them the last couple of seasons. I don't think it's a sideways move at all looking at the clubs as they are now.

Utd were supposed to be interested in him last season but that was a different manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

4c56057e030bbb4c25f568a4d91dbb510a674a9225204d43ec1cf24da5802a3a.jpg

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Southampton player moving to Liverpool, happens alot.

Should fit in well with the style of play, too much money of course but a good signing on paper, lets see if he hits the usual drop off the players that move from Southampton to Liverpool do :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

astradave wrote: »
    1307337_o_zps4d6841e0.gif

I picture these two as Les Dawson and his mate.

• Advertisement

If Rashford can perform on the right like his two cameos on the left for England he would be a decent option but if Mickey goes on right we have mata for number 10.

Be lots of changes to the team as there normally is but I can see rashford playing from the right, with mkhiteryan playing no10 and martial to the left. When rashford doesn't play Rooney no 10 mkhiteryan on the right. Or martial up top, mkhiteryan left, ibrahimovic 10, lingard right, so many options now to the team

Be lots of changes to the team as there normally is but I can see rashford playing from the right, with mkhiteryan playing no10 and martial to the left. When rashford doesn't play Rooney no 10 mkhiteryan on the right. Or martial up top, mkhiteryan left, ibrahimovic 10, lingard right, so many options now to the team

You just fuked my brain up for the night ha.

I do up diagrams for y'all tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

I do up diagrams for y'all tomorrow

It's ok, the Sky Sports article did that already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

But he left Fellaini out of the line-up

It's ok, the Sky Sports article did that already.

Damn you got there before me.

paulbok wrote: »
    But he left Fellaini out of the line-up

talking-about-plans-infront-somoene-not-invited.gif

As much as I like a good dig at liverpool ya have to be genuine and say that Southampton and Liverpool are not at same level. Pool have a decent manager and are building a young side before the summer even started. Southampton are selling there best players and have no manager.

Ah was only a wee dig ....my point would be though that none of the real big guns must have been in for him:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Going by what James Ducker posted then deleted as a possible Jose team if Jose got all his targets:

A 4-4-2??
    De Gea
    Fosu-Mensah--Smalling--Bailly--Shaw
    Mkhitaryan--Schneiderlin--Pogba--Martial
    Ibrahimovic--Rashford

Going by what James Ducker posted then deleted as a possible Jose team if Jose got all his targets:

A 4-4-2??
    De Gea
    Fosu-Mensah--Smalling--Bailly--Shaw
    Mkhitaryan--Schneiderlin--Pogba--Martial
    Ibrahimovic--Rashford

I'd say either:

Dave
    TFM---Mike--Bailly--Shaw
    ---Schneiderlin--Pogba---
    Micky Ryan
    --Rashford-Ibra-Martial--

Or 4231

Dave
    TFM---Mike--Bailly--Shaw
    ---Schneiderlin--Pogba---
    Rashford-Micky R-Martial
    Ibra

we could possibly line up like this though if Madrid go for Pogba.

Dave
    Darmian---Mike--Bailly--Shaw
    Schneiderlin--Kroos
    ---Micky---James---Martial---
    Ibra

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement