Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pretty happy with that.

If he can contribute even 30% of the goals he did last season then it's money well spent.

Gonna be an interesting oul season guys and gal.
    Yep 15 to 20 goals would be a success along with the experience he can bring to the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Football, bloody hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

I am trying not to get stupidly excited because the last time I did was for ..................... Falcao, look how that worked out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I think Zerks is due in an hour with an update on who Zlatan is going to next :-)

I am trying not to get stupidly excited because the last time I did was for ..................... Falcao, look how that worked out

Not as much money involved and only a one year contract it's not a massive gamble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

I haven't been this excited since Juan Veron signed for us !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

paulbok wrote: »
    I think Zerks is due in an hour with an update on who Zlatan is going to next :-)
    Poor Zerks

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just got a message from a Liverpool supporting friend, ooh the sour lemons from him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

swanson-dance.gif

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Happy out, just hope it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

CmNjNqgWYAIIIpv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Woohoo. Great signing!!! Can't wait to see him play. Hopefully he is with Jose in his first press conference.

CmNl-2pXEAAcgEy.jpg

Coat22 wrote: »
    CmNjNqgWYAIIIpv.jpg
    CmNjNqgWYAIIIpv.jpg
    Coat22 wrote: »
    CmNl-2pXEAAcgEy.jpg

CmNl-2pXEAAcgEy.jpg

Give your thanks to Coat22 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Dismal performance from the big man during the euros has lowered the excitement for me. Couldn't create anything against ciaran Clark!! He just looked old and slow, not sure if he can cut it in the premier league.

Smells of another mercenary signing, hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Dismal performance from the big man during the euros has lowered the excitement for me. Couldn't create anything against ciaran Clark!! He just looked old and slow, not sure if he can cut it in the premier league.

He's a guy with a superb record and he'll be looking to add the PL title to those he's won everywhere else he's played.

Also, the goal they did get against Ireland he created, an OG off Clarke iirc. :confused:

Can't seem to get to the last page of the thread, is Boards acting up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Advertisement

Surprised you picked Clark considering Ibra made him put the ball in his own net

What you on about? Ibra told Clark to score and he did.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Can't seem to get to the last page of the thread, is Boards acting up again?

Its been like that all day - think the whole thing is going to collapse any minute and by the time they get it back working again the season will have started, DDG will be in Madrid, Modric at United, and some other sexy CB I've never heard of will be at OT too. Jose will be England manager.

Oh and Phil Jones will be injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Not sure if you understand the term mercenary but it did seem Zlatan had the chance to go to China for what would have been substantially more money. It's pretty clear that money is not his primary motive to go to United.

From the club's perspective though it is a little worrying that they seem very interested in signing star names in order to keep the club relevant. I know we have signed some good players but I can't help but feel the policy has shifted somewhat since Fergie retired. The club is obviously not trying to sign players who turn out to be ineffective but they are certainly doing their best to make sure we still sell merchandise if we're not successful on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Can't see the last page! Stupid boards!!

• zlatan on Chelsea

"It was like I was surrounded by 11 babies!"

:P

jayo26 wrote:
    Not as much money involved and only a one year contract it's not a massive gamble.

True, to be honest I don't worry about the money, if the club decide they can afford it I accept that. Thought with Falcao we were signing a beast, hope we have finally got that beast.

Mickey Ryan, Ibra & Bailly already before the window is even open!!!

Jose sure does want his business done quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surprised you picked Clark considering Ibra made him put the ball in his own net

Yeah was a decent cross but awful defending from Clark. Ibra was very poor in the euros imo.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

True, to be honest I don't worry about the money, if the club decide they can afford it I accept that. Thought with Falcao we were signing a beast, hope we have finally got that beast.

I don't think many fans expect us to get a fully world class ibra but if we get an ibra of one level lower then he was last season he will be one of the better strikers in the league. Let's face it he is 34 nearly 35 if we get 20 goals it be excellent business.

jayo26 wrote:
    I don't think many fans expect us to get a fully world class ibra but if we get an ibra of one level lower then he was last season he will be one of the better strikers in the league. Let's face it he is 34 nearly 35 if we get 20 goals it be excellent business.

I would be over the moon if he got near 20. He isn't gonna be able to play every minute of every game at his age (really shouldn't make him sound too old, I am the same age) and with the step up in quality of the league I would consider it successful if he got 10 himself and was putting in good performances creating for the other attackers

I would be over the moon if he got near 20. He isn't gonna be able to play every minute of every game at his age (really shouldn't make him sound too old, I am the same age) and with the step up in quality of the league I would consider it successful if he got 10 himself and was putting in good performances creating for the other attackers

I think 10 goals would be a fail. Rooney would guarantee us that if he was a striker. I'd have confidence zlatan would be hitting 20 goals next season.... hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

https://twitter.com/CraigNorwood/status/748535164746272768
    Medical and official signing of contact between Zlatan Ibrahimović & Manchester United is penciled in for tomorrow.

:pac: we're really professional with our dealings today.

• Advertisement

2q3teh0.png

United megastore guys.

Woops.

Edit: sorry giggsy.

I think the big story here is €105 for a shirt. They can **** off with that!!

€105.00 for the away jersey, YE GODS EXPENSIVE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

How is a fcuk up like that possible?

The fcuk up will sell a load of shirts for them. Then they'll sell another load when it's actually announced for real.

• Advertisement

Technical error I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Amazing way to announce a signing :D

Not the first time it's happened to United or other clubs. I guess it could be there plan to build it all up and take some of the excitement from man city's announcement on Sunday.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Not the first time it's happened to United or other clubs. I guess it could be there plan to build it all up and take some of the excitement from man city's announcement on Sunday.

??

So two signings coming out from Instagram and the clubs online megastore. Very professionally done :p

Jayop wrote: »
    ??

They announcing new kit and crest and official pep unveiled

Jayop wrote: »
    I think the big story here is €105 for a shirt. They can **** off with that!!
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    €105.00 for the away jersey, YE GODS EXPENSIVE.

Think they are the real kits, the replicas are usually cheaper and its what people usually buy.. I know when the store had the **** up last year when the prices went mad low that the real jerseys were still mad money..

I don't actually know what the difference is either :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Yeah was a decent cross but awful defending from Clark. Ibra was very poor in the euros imo.

Kane and Lewandowski have been awful in the Euros also coming off great seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Kane and Lewandowski have been awful in the Euros also coming off great seasons.

Don't forget muller

New thread for our new overlords?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement