Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Don't care, I want win next 3 games as much as I have wanted win any Pl or Cup game

Let summer sort itself out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Could end up only a point off Spurs, a bit mad considering the way both our seasons have been perceived. Everyone bar Leicester has messed up so many times that we've all ended up as mediocre as each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Back in our hands now to make a bollix of it. Wouldn't have it any other way :)

I don't care what anyone says either, at this point **** the manager, these players know they have 3 games to end the season in the CL next year and with a trophy to boot. That is the motivation, everything else is background noise. Show some pride in the jersey, show some ambition and desire, go out there and leave it all on the field.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Two massive league games for us first and foremost. And wouldn't it be great to f*ck city over and pep to have a europa league campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I think we will win 2 out of 3 !! Don't know which tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I know there's a lot going at the City fans for not giving their team a send off, but apart from thanking Pellegrini I wouldn't be too keen on giving thanks to the players seeing as they haven't tried an inch since the news of Pep arriving. They're a squad of £400m odd and they're struggling to make the Champions League. Not that they care either because around 50% of the squad will be gone by next year too I'd imagine.

As for our position. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, and Van Gaal is certainly a lucky manager! Hopefully West Ham don't have much left in the tank on Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It actually really was the emptyhad stadium.

Couldn't believe the lack of class from the fans they forget that city were flying high in the league until the club decided to pull the rug from Under the managers feet and announce they are replacing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Manchester United sponsor Bwin had their say...

https://twitter.com/bwin/status/729356899716636672

Man City's players are used to empty seats at the Etihad so their lap of honour will be business as usual #MCIARS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Biggest club in the world?? Not even the biggest club in Manchester

One of the biggest games of the season, playing 3rd in the table, cement CL football for next season and final home game of the season, couldn't even sell out the kip (54,500 OUT OF 60K)

End of season lap of homour for players and the chance for manager to say goodbye, 50 people left in the ground

Massive club alright :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I really feel sorry for Man City manager.

Been very classy individual and deserves much better then City. Hope he does well in future job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Still something worth fighting for in the league coming to the second last game, Mind blown! Fcukin crazy season that I want over with asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

Southamptons win over spurs this afternoon puts all the pressure on West ham now.

They're fighting for Europa league now and Southampton with that win is in the driving seat.

Will be a tough game Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

scudzilla wrote: »
    Biggest club in the world?? Not even the biggest club in Manchester

One of the biggest games of the season, playing 3rd in the table, cement CL football for next season and final home game of the season, couldn't even sell out the kip (54,500 OUT OF 60K)

End of season lap of homour for players and the chance for manager to say goodbye, 50 people left in the ground

Massive club alright :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The capacity is 54k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Also goes to show how much a pussy Guardiola is for going there. Hope he enjoys his empty stadium on Thursday nights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Imagine Pellegrini played the weakest possible side as a f*ck you to the plastic fans and their carry on today. Too classy a manager to do so but it's what they deserve. Absolute gentleman in his tenure, most clubs would love to have.

I hope to see Pep in Europa next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Juan8 wrote: »
    The capacity is 54k

OOOPS, read it on wiki, but that's for concerts, ah well

We really don't deserve CL football, but we sure as hell deserve it more then City.

We will have earn it and rightly so, but at least the United players are putting up some fight and a battle. If we saw Carrick or anyone do what YAYA did the other night be heads rolling.

Be nice alright, though I'd say he would be removed from his position immediately once the owners knew he was going to give some of the youth team a chance, also there is personal dignity and professionalism to take into account :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

When does Carricks contract expires?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Massive game Tuesday night. Need to get at them from the off and just try and smash them but chances are it will be another game where we are scratching our heads wondering if the players and manager actually know what's at stake.

• Advertisement

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    When does Carricks contract expires?

End of June

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

End of June

what a bargain that man turned out to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

We really don't deserve CL football, but we sure as hell deserve it more then City.

We will have earn it and rightly so, but at least the United players are putting up some fight and a battle. If we saw Carrick or anyone do what YAYA did the other night be heads rolling.

Tbh honest I saw very little fight or battle from them yesterday and it was more luck than design that they scored.

I do fear a real "up for it" West Ham team. If they press the ball when they don't have it and are aggressive Utd could be in trouble.

I hope they play like they did in the cup match. They look vulnerable at the back. Just hope Utd create a chance or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

RobertKK wrote: »
    Manchester United sponsor Bwin had their say...

https://twitter.com/bwin/status/729356899716636672

Man City's players are used to empty seats at the Etihad so their lap of honour will be business as usual #MCIARS

No longer a sponsor Marathon Bet are the clubs betting partner. I feel durty knowing that.
    Come on next 3 wins and then we can parade Jose....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Toobz wrote: »
    Imagine Pellegrini played the weakest possible side as a f*ck you to the plastic fans and their carry on today. Too classy a manager to do so but it's what they deserve. Absolute gentleman in his tenure, most clubs would love to have.

I hope to see Pep in Europa next season.

'too classy a manger'. Sorry but lol, who gives a fúck about being a gentleman these days? I'm a Utd fan btw but I find it a little bit rich for opposition supporters to be getting on their high horse about opposition fans behavior. That is not to degenerate Pellegrini, rather to acknowledge the reality of today.

Do you think Fergie was a gentleman during his long tenure? No, he was a bully but we were the better for it.

Fans are fickle these days. No point pretending otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

thomasj wrote: »
    Do fa cup runners up not get the Europa league spot in that case?

Can no longer get into Europe from being runnerup in a domestic cup competition, all excess places revert to next team by league position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Aidric wrote: »
    'too classy a manger'. Sorry but lol, who gives a fúck about being a gentleman these days? I'm a Utd fan btw but I find it a little bit rich for opposition supporters to be getting on their high horse about opposition fans behavior. That is not to degenerate Pellegrini, rather to acknowledge the reality of today.

Do you think Fergie was a gentleman during his long tenure? No, he was a bully but we were the better for it.

Fans are fickle these days. No point pretending otherwise.

Nothing wrong with acknowledging that somebody is a decent person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

scudzilla wrote: »
    OOOPS, read it on wiki, but that's for concerts, ah well

Your point still stands though, they're a joke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I think it's a disgrace that the city fans didn't stay behind for their manager's last home game. He's done a hell of a lot for them and been a gracious skin. Pellegrini is a gent and the way he was shunted out the door was classless. I hope they rot under Pep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Jose please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Like Moyes was treated any differently. For **** sake its a results business You don't get them you get sacked.

What about pelligrini to United?

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Like Moyes was treated any differently. For **** sake its a results business You don't get them you get sacked.

Apart from pelligrini doing well and they replacing him anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Apart from pelligrini doing well and they replacing him anyway

Not this season? Whatever about CL and how far they got. For me with United it's always been the PL result's that has counted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You would want the guy City just publically declared not good enough for them?

Good result, gives us a glimmer of hope even though hope has not been our friend this season. I'll smile at the notion of 4th for the rest of the evening, but by tomorrow will be thinking of the massive task the team has ahead in making it a reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I'm not against him swinging by in the taxi to bring Lvg with him to the airport

• adox wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd5JzJmV5wvKRnQSwzdhSnlrOd3Cp5qbPrWudLHnT_UHsVKoZi

Fyp :P

• Anyone consider Joachim Loew?

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anyone consider Joachim Loew?

If I'm honest, I have tunnel vision on Jose :/ just don't think there is a name that wouldn't yield he answer "...but Jose is better."

• Not to go off topic but was looking to say this for a while

Both Chelsea and Man city are in transition? Agree?

If we do snatch top 4 that means pep has a full rebuild with no CL. City don't blood youth they just buy mercenaries and pep doesn't exactly have a history for bringing youth forward.

Chelsea on a rebuild with no CL either but I think are getting a better manger in Conte but loads of work to be done there also

Il cut to the chase....I actually think next season will end up being even more competitive than this year. Honestly think it out who would you put your money on right now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sunderland

Not just Chlesea and City. Spurs will build on this year. Klopp will strengthen Liverpool. arsenal are arsenal. Leicester are a wild card.

IF we rebuild properly, there is potentially 7 teams who could easily be challenging for the title next year, and that's presuming someone like West Ham don't buy smart too.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You would want the guy City just publically declared not good enough for them?

As opposed to the man Chelsea deemed not good enough in Jose

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not to go off topic but was looking to say this for a while

Both Chelsea and Man city are in transition? Agree?

If we do snatch top 4 that means pep has a full rebuild with no CL. City don't blood youth they just buy mercenaries and pep doesn't exactly have a history for bringing youth forward.

Chelsea on a rebuild with no CL either but I think are getting a better manger in Conte but loads of work to be done there also

Il cut to the chase....I actually think next season will end up being even more competitive than this year. Honestly think it out who would you put your money on right now?

Judging by this year it will either be Sunderland or Newcastle whichever stay up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just realised, this day 3 years ago Fergie announced his retirement.

And this day 5 years ago we secured our 19th title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Biggest game in a long time now against West Ham. Hopefully get the result we want

Just realised, this day 3 years ago Fergie announced his retirement.

And this day 5 years ago we secured our 19th title.

This day two year ago sky did that interview with lvg at the dutch training camp and we all got excited ;)

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not just Chlesea and City. Spurs will build on this year. Klopp will strengthen Liverpool. arsenal are arsenal. Leicester are a wild card.

IF we rebuild properly, there is potentially 7 teams who could easily be challenging for the title next year, and that's presuming someone like West Ham don't buy smart too.

So Spurs and Liverpool to challenge for the title?

IMO we don't need a rebuild just tweaks, two or three players and a change in tactics once hopefully LVG goes. Dare I say we are in better shape to challenge than anyone else? If we get CL tho....

• As opposed to the man Chelsea deemed not good enough in Jose

Touche

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement