Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Well, I don't think its the right signing for us and I'm not convinced he will have any greater impact than the last few older highly paid superstars we wasted money on, but it seems he is on the way and thats that.

Despite my reservations I do have some faith that Jose isn't just blinded by the name here, that he has a plan and that he knows what he wants from Zlatan, I think Jose can be astute in his signings and have to respect that he sees this as a good deal.

Thankfully we aren't talking some overrated scrub here, if we are going to make a signing I disagree with at least its for a top striker and not some one season wonder.

Hopefully he proves me wrong, gets a strong start and makes a real impact in the league this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    New thread for our new overlords?

Hopefully one that works.

Haha giggs can't discuss man united. Thought so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ha I've just been onto the United site and the jersey thing is real. Hope someone hasn't hacked it and is playing with us.

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/en/c/football-kits/away-kit/mens-kit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

jayo26 wrote: »
    Haha giggs can't discuss man united. Thought so.

You heard his ideas on how England can do better? Hire from within, get someone like Gareth and a mentor in to guide him and take the pressure off, like a Hoddle, Fergie or LVG.

You're talking about England Ryan, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tis mad that it looks like two players have been signed and we have found out by one announcing it himself on social media and the other because his jersey is on sale on the megastore!!

A bit strange.

You heard his ideas on how England can do better? Hire from within, get someone like Gareth and a mentor in to guide him and take the pressure off, like a Hoddle, Fergie or LVG.

You're talking about England Ryan, right?

Imagine lvg in England setup he would cause a riot.

adox wrote: »
    Tis mad that it looks like two players have been signed and we have found out by one announcing it himself on social media and the other because his jersey is on sale on the megastore!!

A bit strange.

Couldn't give a toss it was probably planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Really looking forward to see how Ibra gets on,didnt have a great Euro's but I dont think that will effect him one bit, really hope he settles and does the biz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Taylor reporting that Pogba would cost 65m Pounds.. I could live with that :D

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/748590059427868672

Edit: tweet deleted and article removed from site..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Maybe pin/sticky this in the next United thread.

Pre-Season Games:
    Borussia Dortmund vs. Man United
    Man City vs. Man United
    Galatasary vs. Man United

Community Shield
    Manchester United vs. Leicester City

Europa League Draw & Group Stage Dates
    Group Stage Draw - 26 August 2016

Group Stage Game Dates
    15 September, 29 September, 20 October, 3 November, 24 November, and 8 December 2016.

First 6 Premier League Games
    13 Aug - Bournemout
    20 Aug - Southampton
    27 Aug - Hull City
    10 Sep - Man City
    17 Sep - Watford
    24 Sep - Leicester city

astradave wrote: »
    Taylor reporting that Pogba would cost 65m Pounds.. I could live with that :D

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/748590059427868672

Edit: tweet deleted and article removed from site..

Who was it that reported it dave?

• Well, I don't think its the right signing for us and I'm not convinced he will have any greater impact than the last few older highly paid superstars we wasted money on, but it seems he is on the way and thats that.

Despite my reservations I do have some faith that Jose isn't just blinded by the name here, that he has a plan and that he knows what he wants from Zlatan, I think Jose can be astute in his signings and have to respect that he sees this as a good deal.

Thankfully we aren't talking some overrated scrub here, if we are going to make a signing I disagree with at least its for a top striker and not some one season wonder.

Hopefully he proves me wrong, gets a strong start and makes a real impact in the league this season.

Out of interest who are these other older players I keep hearing about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

jayo26 wrote: »
    Who was it that reported it dave?

I'm presuming Daniel Taylor given he said Taylor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Out of interest who are these other older players I keep hearing about?

Falcao and.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Do we only have 3 preseason games excluding the community shield??

Not much imo

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm presuming Daniel Taylor given he said Taylor.

Thought so. Taylor said same thing start of the month too and said it last season on mutv.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement