Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Moyes back to Everton maybe?

de boer looks likely, moyes did a great job with them and left and decent terms so could go back to him wether he wants it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Contrary to earlier posts,Jaoa Mario has not been sold.United interested but of course the old "depends on who the manager is next season" line is the caveat in any potential deal.

I've a bad feeling that LVG staying will mean a lot of big name talents won't fancy joining United to play slow,boring football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Moyes back to Everton maybe?

After how they reacted when they got their "upgrade" in Martinez?

No ****ing way

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Crikey.... 21 of the 52 goals we have conceded have been from set-pieces. I knew it was high but that is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I love for him go back and on very first league game give the fingers salute and tell em where go.

• Advertisement

I love for him go back and on very first league game give the fingers salute and tell em where go.

MASgPHM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

I'd like to see the managerial conversation deviate from the LVG or José only scenario we are reading about. Any other managers United could go for? Considering the financial might of the club it could easily pay out an exit clause for those currently contracted.

I just did a quick think and the following came to mind
    -Emery:Multiple Europa Leagues with Sevilla
    -Allegri:Consecutive scudettos and got Juve to Champions League final recently.

Simeone: Hard to see him leave Athletico but a Champions League title might convince him that he has done all he can do. Not the most stylish but very effective to say the least.

I've mentioned Rafa earlier and I still think he is a decent candidate.
    Any others to add to the above as an alternative list? Any reason apart from the obvious 'pool connection with Rafa that those lads might not suit United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

bangkok wrote: »
    Balague la liga team of the season, cant really disagree with that

la-liga-team-of-the-season-guillem-balague_3464607.jpg?20160511174746

Felipe Luiz the only glaring thing there for me. Felt he was much stronger then Marcello and probably the best LB in the league....again. What the **** Mourinho was doing with him at Chelsea I'll have no idea, he's excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Delighted for Wigan 2.0.

Hope they get picked apart in the summer and are relegated. Some shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »
    Felipe Luiz the only glaring thing there for me. Felt he was much stronger then Marcello and probably the best LB in the league....again. What the **** Mourinho was doing with him at Chelsea I'll have no idea, he's excellent

yea mourinho never gave him a chance, sure look at de Bruyne, mourinho messed him about as well, turns out the lad is world class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I'd take Terry for a season tbh.

He might be a geebag but he would have a lot to offer younger players. Fantastic footballer in his day.

We kept Giggs after his shenanigans so why not.

Plus that champions league he helped us win merely sweetens the deal.

It would be quality considering how much we are hated anyway, can you imagine Jose and JT rocking up on the first day of the season.

I can't imagine that - ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Fair play to the Everton fans - actually protesting against the sh*te manager they had and forcing the clubs hand before the weekend.

Was at the Leicester game last weekend and anyone would think we're rolling gently to the end of a great season. The FA Cup has calmed fans down and before we know it it'll be September 1, we'll have bought a few wingers to turn into full backs, Rooney will be the answer in midfield and we'll have already dropped points to Burnley and Boro but won the Charity Shield on Pennos so VG will be shouting about "progress" while we languish in 8th.

Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Coat22 wrote: »
    Fair play to the Everton fans - actually protesting against the sh*te manager they had and forcing the clubs hand before the weekend.

Was at the Leicester game last weekend and anyone would think we're rolling gently to the end of a great season. The FA Cup has calmed fans down and before we know it it'll be September 1, we'll have bought a few wingers to turn into full backs, Rooney will be the answer in midfield and we'll have already dropped points to Burnley and Boro but won the Charity Shield on Pennos so VG will be shouting about "progress" while we languish in 8th.

Can't wait.

God that's depressing.

Accurate like, but depressing as fk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Jose seems positive that he will be back working by July.

I was wondering, if he doesn't come to United, what other jobs are available for him this summer that he would probably take on??

Every 'big' team seems to have a stable manager or a new manager already lined up. Jose to United just has to happen!!!! The Manchester derby would be insane with Pep vs Jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jayop wrote: »
    God that's depressing.

Accurate like, but depressing as fk.

No, it isn't.

All these people saying "Oh God, we're stuck with Van Gaal forever." are just being miserable for the sake of it.

He is clearly, 100% gone at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im still trying to get over the West Ham loss. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

J. Marston wrote: »
    No, it isn't.

All these people saying "Oh God, we're stuck with Van Gaal forever." are just being miserable for the sake of it.

Yeah it's pretty much nailed on. There'd be war outside OT if he was somehow there next August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No, it isn't.

It isn't clear at all. There us hope for that to be the case, but there is little to suggest the decision to stack him has been made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Headshot wrote: »
    Im still trying to get over the West Ham loss. :(

I'm the same.. absolutely screamed the house down when we went 2-1 up.. shell shocked when West Ham equalised and sunk even further when they went ahead.. gutted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

He's gone lads. His position is untenable and there would be uproar if he's still there next season. I don't know of any fan that wants him to stay another year but most are understanding enough to accept that he is just seeing the season out but that would quickly change if he was kept on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The question isn't what other jobs are available the big question is what other club would leave it untill June or July for him to take charge apart from united? He would be a major coupe for any club surely if anyone else was getting him they be after signing him up before now and announcing it but united wouldn't thats not how they want to work.

God im even convincing myself now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

We're probably going to just miss out on the top 4. If a change had been made around Christmas we quite possibly would be further ahead than we currently are and be in the top four.

Woeful negligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Jose with take the Portugal job after the Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Jose with take the Portugal job after the Euros.

No chance. He can pretty much have that job whenever he wants, in 10-12 years time if he wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Wasn't Moyes term only 34 league games??

Wasn't Moyes term only 34 league games??

Doesn't look as good so they adjust it slightly.

Giggs £0 spent and points gained = 7 from 4 games ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Until it's official, it's not 100%

I want to believe so much. I worry how angry I will get if Jose goes elsewhere. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

Yes, but which one?

• Advertisement

Jayo26, Jayop and now Josip, ****in hell my head hurts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We'll find out Monday after the FA cup final if not before

No later than that, as Jose said preparation for the coming season should already be well underway at the end of May, especially with a summer tournament on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I just want the season over and finally seeing the back of LVG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

No chance. He can pretty much have that job whenever he wants, in 10-12 years time if he wanted.

But if it is an ambition of his now would be the perfect time. It will probably be Ronaldo's last World Cup, or at least the last one where he can have a major impact.

Sky Sports Italy reporting that Jose to United is a matter of hours away...

Lord TSC wrote: »

Wtf! That came out of left field. I'm going to have to stay up now ain't i

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

astradave wrote: »
    Wtf! That came out of left field. I'm going to have to stay up now ain't i

Time to turn on SSN

Late night ahead

Ill give it till 1am

Doubt it just before the last game of season? That makes no sense at all they wouod never upset the squad like that.

fguox1.jpg

Stemming from...

https://twitter.com/AAlciato/status/730870081564069888

[Alessandro Alciato] Mourinho-United! #SpecialOne

According to Reddit, this guy was the guy who interviewed Mendes back in December, and was heavily linking us to Jose back in February. Also got Conte to Chelsea back in January.

(He also, in another tweet, says it looks like Ibra is off to LA Galaxy)

Sky Sports Italy followed it up with

https://twitter.com/skysport/status/730878499590787073

Mourinho , yes to Manchester United : Close signature

The article's main point is "At the moment not yet the official agreement, but it would seem only a matter of hours."

Also worth noting MEN has switched to doing their daily blogs overnight as well. Up till yesterday, they apparently signed off in the evening, but yesterday and tonight, they've started doing them during the night. DO they know something?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Doubt it just before the last game of season? That makes no sense at all they wouod never upset the squad like that.

Other side is it would completely elevate the atmosphere from the fans; if they knew LVG was gone, I think everyone will give him a far bigger send off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't think it's true

Even though I'd be delighted if it were true, why do it before the last games when there is still something to play for after seeing City's awful effort at this season

Reports coming from nearly every Italian Journo. Supposedly signing a 4 year contract to be announced tomorrow. IMAGINE.. JUST IMAGINE!

Other side is it would completely elevate the atmosphere from the fans; if they knew LVG was gone, I think everyone will give him a far bigger send off.

It undermines him for the final game also. Hope im 10 quid poorer ha.

Intresting sky italia also saying Zlatan to announce his future in next few hours too they reckon its gonna be to LA galaxy.......... Another mess up by Woodward then is it??

In other news, congrats to this beast!!! Hopefully he has a great Euros and takes the world by storm

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/730872330872819714

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Seen that Marcus was left out of England under 21 squad, Roy wouldn't take him.........would he?

markc91 wrote: »
    Seen that Marcus was left out of England under 21 squad, Roy wouldn't take him.........would he?

I'd say he might actually take Welbecks place.. usually take 4 strikers and Rooney Kane and Vardy are certainties..

Thought I read last week he was gonna have summer off i cant remember which of them said it but he wasn't been called up for both squads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Just can't see them announcing anything before the season ends.

In other news, Schneiderlin missed out on the French squad.

The u21 starts this coming week I think, and he still has the FA cup to play for us. I think that's what I read. He couldn't be picked cause of club duties.

The u21 starts this coming week I think, and he still has the FA cup to play for us. I think that's what I read. He couldn't be picked cause of club duties.

Just seen this pop up on SSN.. Palace and United players not included

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement